Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

NVIDIA Filter

Options
βLAKE
βLAKE Member Posts: 544

There is a tool by NVIDIA called, "NVIDIA Freestyle" its a software that allows the change of brightness and contrast in games through software tampering provided by NVIDIA. My question is, could you get banned for using this?

Answers

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

Supposedly it is perfectly fine.

• βLAKE
    Options

Im confused. Is it allowable or not? I feel like it gives a competitive edge to remove the shadows and that is why I ask.

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272
    edited September 2019
    Options

Every Claudette player will tell you yes you should be banned...

But if you use common logic BHVR added support for it so must be fine.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited September 2019
    Options

I've used Nvidia filters several times and I've been fine. I've even once made the game so bright that I couldn't see scratchmarks. I can still play just fine so I believe everything is all good.

• βLAKE
    Options

Wow this is crazy to hear guys. Not gonna lie I was expecting different types of answers since this essentially eliminates stealth ingame. But if you say BHVR officially supports it then I guess its fine to use. Thanks for the replies guys.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,326
    Options

You can also use ReShade which is even more expansive in options. By design the game isn't built to check to see "Oh is user X using an nvidia card? Log if settings are outside of the my parameters!"

At that point you'd be policing things you have no true control over and possibly punishing someone who most likely just has poor eyesight.