The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Gripes i've had with ux/ui

It's hard to list them all, but I noticed a lot of small issues that should mostly be easy fixes. I figure a lot of these things are things older players just get used to and no longer notice, but could be improved.

• Why doesn't the offering list stay there during the entirety of the loading screen? It's only there for a brief moment, and the loading animation is clearly not more important to know. I doubt it's that those few icons take too much memory to unload.
  • For that matter, there are an absurd number of loading animations. The lobby background is the same as the home screen, so why...
  • Many of the perks aren't clear in interactions due to wording. Like Deliverance doesn't make it clear that you can only use it once per match.
  • * They also don't always give clear indications of what they do, like what is the distance and speed boost of Dead Hard? It also doesn't seem like the avoidance works at the very start, unless that's input latency.
  • No proper fullscreen option adds a lot of input latency... I don't get why this is in a game where timing matters so much. It's actually driving me really insane how bad the input latency is and I'm surprise this issue has lasted this long.
  • There is no "main menu" button on any of the screens and it can take many "escapes" to get there.
  • "Upgrade" should be replaced with "Find a new match", shouldn't it? You can upgrade while queuing from the finding a match screen.
  • Dailies should be fun and not "ruin a match by trying to escape with a level survivor" or "camp two poor people to get sacrifices guaranteed in a match as a certain killer so you can go back to playing what you want"
  • I was surprised to find that there aren't alternate key binds... can't even bind controller keys to a keyboard key.
  • Why do I have to mash a key to struggle? This is such a strange thing to me to be in a multiplayer game. It serves no purpose. Shouldn't it be "Press and hold ____ to stop struggling", as the real function of it is to let yourself die to save others? It's just unnecessary hate for people with carpel tunnel, or those whose wifi kicks out for half a second. Adds nothing but issues.

I particularly don't understand how that last one in particular wasn't dealt with and redesigned sooner. I accepted it at the start, but it just bothers me more the more I play.

Comments

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

I fully agree. This game needs so many QoL changes... Alone the fact that we still have not a real fullscreen mode, vsync enabled by default and in general nearly 0 settings shows that this game is still beta.. at best.

• Oshirigami
    Oshirigami Member Posts: 33

Bump