The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Devs, are you gonna ignore Legion's problems for the next 6 months?

Comments

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

Thank you for your response.

Let us hope that those new possibilities stop the dcing people.

• phantasmal
    phantasmal Member Posts: 144

The slow vault is required because enables counterplay where you can hide a bit out of sight of the killer and vault back.

The slower vaulting speed is not really what allows that but the fact that Legion flies forward like 16billion miles after vaulting

And there's more to do at loops then just vault back. You can fake the vault back and hope the Legion player swings which they might do since they expect you to try that move. You can also keep going around the loop and after breaking LOS deviate slightly from the standard loop route. Since FF only lasts for 10s and has zero tolerance for mistakes the Legion player really can't afford the luxury to observe you carefully, they have to close the gap asap. If you break los the lack of scratch marks allow you to run away and bank on the Legion player assuming you are still looping that place.

But sometimes even just continuing going around is enough to outlast FF. The slow vaulting speed and the huge forward momentum after vaulting means that any distance he gains on you can easily be nullified with optimal wall hugging.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
  • Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,442

Pretty sure everyone agrees that the Deep Wounds exploit was terrible, but that should've been nerfed and just left like that.

From this post: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/684948/#Comment_684948

The way I read it: You think the old power, with Deep Wound damage, would have been fine if the timer didn't tick down while near the killer (or with any other change that removes the exploit).

So killers in general shouldn't be able to track blood now? Is that what you are suggesting?

"Any killer" refers to any killer player. Only Legion with the old power can't be allowed to see blood ever, because then it becomes impossible to escape if the killer has Bloodhound. Same for Predator and Stridor with scratch marks and sounds, respectively.

I am only talking about the old power, where you can reduce the Deep Wound timer with Feral Frenzy attacks.

You are camera locked during the vault. Slower vault means longer camera lock which means survivors have an easier time to get away.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

There isn't much to monitor, legion is incredibly unfunny to play, they have the only non lethal power and a long stun.

This power doesn't work, it's either too weak or too strong.

Something needs to be done, you cannot just dismiss the experience of the few people who actually play legion consistently

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,983

There is no problem.

• Talmeer
    edited September 2019

The old Legion would be fine, if they had fix the exploits and if they had not give the Legion such powerfull addons.

Imo a big part of the old Legion addons were made to outwight the weaknesses of the old Legion. Sadly that had fire back badly, since they were a primary reason why survivors were and some are still, upset about the old Legion.

Also at least for some Legion mains they were too strong. I as example had never fun with them. The 1 time I had use Franks Mixtape for testing purposes, I had just sit there and thought "when gets the frenzy finally over?". A special abilitie feels not as a special abilitie if she had a feeled duration of 3 hours (I'm exaggerate, but I guess everyone gets what I am trying to say here).

I would also bet with everyone, that we would see not many real nerf threads* about the Legion, if bhvr would revive just the base abilities of the Legion (with exploits fixed of course and no addons).

*Under real nerf threads I understand nerf threads that a written by people, that are upset about a game mechanic. This includes not people that write nerf threads because they hate game mechanic XYZ (because they are not interested in balance, they just want to see something go) and also not nerf threads from people that complain about just everything (aka. some people that shift from 1 nerf topic to another, like seen after the Legion patch, that some have directly shift over in Nurse, Spirit, Billy, Meyers, Huntress and other killer nerf threads - I can not take such people seriously - srs guys why you play a game where everything is for you to difficult? Anyways, no answer needed).

• DBDbuildsYT

Hi Talmeer, I want a Legion rework as m change as you, so please avoid bring into the discussions the old legion.

The old legion is gone, too many things went wrong with that killer and if you bring the old legion gin into a conversation you are actually hurting the chances of a rework.

Please forget the old legion and let's all unite to get a decent, fun and viable new legion.

The first step is to get the steaming pile of garbage, aka current legion, changed

• Talmeer
    edited September 2019

I have my doubts, that we will ever again see a big Legion patch as we have seen it in the past.

But I bet what we might will see are some changes that prior 1 or 2 specific things depending the Legion, or that they undone parts of the Legion patch (like the frenzy speed and vault speed).

Just because that would be faster to made as to do a second rework patch.

What myself matters, so don't worry, I will get anyways more and more silent with the time (I'm writing already less).

I had promise some friends to hold them up to date* what the Legion matters in the days back then, but oh boy... I never thought in this days, that it would take so much time to see some changes by the Legion - even were she is at a place where everybody can see that the Legion struggles with some serious problems.

Also my own patience is running thinner and thinner. I am still interested in the Legion and with it - dbd, but I don't know how long I can hold up that interesd, even with something like a promise to friends in the background.

So, tl:dr, then this interest is gone, I am also and I bet then are some guys real happy :).

Edit: They had leave like me on the Legion patchday dbd, I just said to them that I say them when they have finally undone some things, so that they might come back.

• DBDbuildsYT

Eh I agree with your loss of interest, unfortunately the old legion wronged survivors and survivors hold the power in dbd.

One killer, who was easy to beat by gen rushing, dared to xhallenge their looping game and they lobbied until legion was no more.

The only hope is for legion to move away from that type of fame and fly under the radar as an average mid tier killer, then we can have something which won't be lobbied into the pile of trash that we have atm.

Any good legion would be lobbied once again.

Killers opinions do not really count

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Short answer: yes.

• Talmeer
    edited September 2019

Well under this friends was also 1 survivor^^ (he was already less interested in dbd and then the devs decided to take another variety from the m1 killers out - that was the moment for him).

The Legion haters will always be here and they will cry about every positive change that happens to the Legion. No matter if it makes the Legion stronger, or if those changes are just "quality of live", or fun changes and that means, we can't take any hindsight on them.

But as you, I am also afraid of a strong coming back of the Legion. That is why I always see already heaven falling when somebody brings addon changes in :/.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I get that some Legion players legit enjoyed the old version and played it straight up without exploits. That said, Legion has been poor design from the start. The survivor side is already tedious and consists of a lot of M1 holding. Legion, even now, makes that even worse. You hold M1 even more. Add to it the fact that they are most often played as a massive tunneling killer and Legion is an absolute snoozefest on survivor side.

Heck, I have always cringed when I get Legion dailies. Apply deep wounds 4 times, get 4 hooks for chili, and then run laps around the outside of the map. I find Legion to be silly easy to track and kill. At red ranks it changes drastically for Legion mains because you jump considerably in talent on the survivor side.

I think there should be talk of a total rework of Legion's power and make it something fun, unique, and viable. That is where this conversation should move.

To sum up, poor design, rework.

• It took them over a year to fix Fred after they over nerfed him. Expect even longer for Legion. The pace at which BHVR balances their game is glacial compared to a majority of other developers

• Madjura

Eh I agree with your loss of interest, unfortunately the old legion wronged survivors and survivors hold the power in dbd.

Old Legion had no counterplay and was incredibly unfun to play against.

See my post here for what changes would be necessary to make the power fair to play against: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/684976/#Comment_684976

I get that some Legion players legit enjoyed the old version and played it straight up without exploits.

Old Legion with Bloodhound and/or Predator and/or Stridor still had no counterplay even if you did not abuse the Deep Wound timer mechanic.

The survivor side is already tedious and consists of a lot of M1 holding. Legion, even now, makes that even worse. You hold M1 even more. 

That's more a problem with the game design in general than with Legion. Generators have always been a boring objective.

Add to it the fact that they are most often played as a massive tunneling killer and Legion is an absolute snoozefest on survivor side.

That's a horrible inefficient playstyle. The problem here is not Legion, but the awful and meaningless rank system.

I think there should be talk of a total rework of Legion's power and make it something fun, unique, and viable. That is where this conversation should move.

• Current Legion is viable.
    • The original gameplay fantasy is still there. If you like old Legion but don't like current Legion then you don't actually like the Legion gameplay fantasy, you like playing something that has no counterplay.
    • Current Legion has a unique playstyle: The only killer that can quickly put pressure on multiple survivors at once..
    • "Let's completely rework an entire killer because I don't find them fun" is not viable feedback.

Old Freddy was unhealthy for the game and had to go completely. Current Legion gameplay is perfectly fine and there is no reason to rework the character again. Whatever power you think would be appropiate for current Legion would be better suited as its own thing on a new killer instead of completely scrapping the current power.

• Talmeer

I could throw now at you some links with videos to counterplay to the old Legion, but we both know that it would be a waste of time and I understand it.

Those "op Legion videos" don't make you thinking and people can still stay in their comfort zone^^.

The survivor friend of mine had did counterplay. Thinking back, maybe I should have made with him a tutorial video, but I guess it would struggle with the same problem like any other tutorial video out there - it would not let their watchers stay in their comfort zone.

• NullSp3c
    NullSp3c Member Posts: 765

"Current Legion is viable."

Yeah, until purple ranks. When you are about to hit the 3rd survivor, the 1st already mended because he saw you running to the other 2, no big brain needed.

"The original gameplay fantasy is still there. If you like old Legion but don't like current Legion then you don't actually like the Legion gameplay fantasy, you like playing something that has no counterplay."

The original gamplay fantasy is a fast stabbing and agile killer that hits multiple people in a short duration. As you can see there is no fast stabbing or agile involved with the new legion. And he is not effective at hitting multiple survivors tho.

"Current Legion has a unique playstyle: The only killer that can quickly put pressure on multiple survivors at once.."

That just happens when survivors are extremely close to each other, don't know how legion works and are blind/deaf to not hear a terror radius and see him coming.

""Let's completely rework an entire killer because I don't find them fun" is not viable feedback."

You scroll through the forum and you can see people that stopped playing legion or quitted the game because he is very unfun to play, it's not just his opinion. A character MUST be fun to play as primarily, then you see if he is fun to play against. Yes, it's very viable feedback.

• Madjura
    edited September 2019

Yeah, until purple ranks. When you are about to hit the 3rd survivor, the 1st already mended because he saw you running to the other 2, no big brain needed.

And now you have three wounded survivors instead of three healthy survivors, in a short amount of time.

The original gamplay fantasy is a fast stabbing and agile killer that hits multiple people in a short duration. As you can see there is no fast stabbing or agile involved with the new legion.

That is all still there.

And he is not effective at hitting multiple survivors tho.

He is.

That just happens when survivors are extremely close to each other, don't know how legion works and are blind/deaf to not hear a terror radius and see him coming.

Bigger terror radius means it's easier to find people. The distance you can cover with the current version is the same or even bigger than with the old one. For you to be unable to hit multiple survivors with your power requires all survivors to run in different directions, and while they are doing this they are not on gens which is also good.

You scroll through the forum and you can see people that stopped playing legion or quitted the game because he is very unfun to play, it's not just his opinion. A character MUST be fun to play as primarily, then you see if he is fun to play against.

If the only way those people can have fun is by playing something that makes every other player miserable because of how uninteractive and monotone it is then the game is better off without them. Emphasis on "THE ONLY WAY". I am not talking about people who think old Legion was fun, I am talking about people who can LITERALLY only have fun in the game by playing old Legion and only those people. The old gameplay was not healthy for the game and had to go. Players who can only have fun at the expense of other players are not something any online game needs.

There were also a lot more people saying that Legion is not fun to play against than there are saying that the current version is not fun.

Yes, it's very viable feedback.

No, it's really not. Removing a perfectly fine power from the game and replacing it with something new is a colossal waste of development time. It makes much more sense to keep current Legion and give whatever new power people think they should have to a new killer.

Old Legion had to go because the power was unhealthy for the game. Old Freddy had to go for the same reason. New Legion does not have that problem and replacing the power makes no sense.

• DBDbuildsYT

This is really a message from someone who doesn't play legion at all

• NullSp3c

I'm not even arguing with this. It just seems to me that you don't play legion.

How am I supposed to discuss with a "He is" or "That is all still there".

• DBDbuildsYT

He certainly doesn't play legion, that's all theory.

@Madjura Show us a good amount of red ranks legion games where you use this strategy please

• NullSp3c

All that he is saying is what is good on paper and not on practice. He just doesn't know what he is saying at all, but ok.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

Okay. Let me be absolutely crystal clear since you don't seem to get it:

I do not not want old Deep Wounds back. I just want the Feral Frenzy, the thing that makes you run and vault faster then normal, to be buffed. Deep Wounds is the part of the power I don't want ever touched again as it is a bad component of the power and deserved to be nerfed.

You also didn't address a lot of my points, so don't know what you're doing there.

"The way I read it: You think the old power, with Deep Wound damage, would have been fine if the timer didn't tick down while near the killer (or with any other change that removes the exploit)."

Except I didn't say or (to me at least) imply I wanted Deep Wounds to go back to the way it was in any form. I merely wanted the Feral Frenzy to be buffed.

"'Any killer' refers to any killer player. Only Legion with the old power can't be allowed to see blood ever, because then it becomes impossible to escape if the killer has Bloodhound. Same for Predator and Stridor with scratch marks and sounds, respectively.

I am only talking about the old power, where you can reduce the Deep Wound timer with Feral Frenzy attacks."

With the right perks it's near impossible to escape any killer (Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly, Nurse, etc) with those perks. Legion isn't any different in that sense. Besides, in case you haven't heard, they removed the blood seeing in this current form of Legion while they are in Feral Frenzy and during the fatigue.

And I wasn't talking about the old power. I don't care about Deep Wounds. I care about Feral Frenzy, cause that was when I had the most fun by being a speedy boy.

• Talmeer
    edited September 2019

Imo frenzy could be buffed to the old state, without fearing any balance issuses, as long, as deep wounds stays untouched in its current state.

Edit: The moment they would touch deep wounds again, then would first the balancing and its possible issuses begin, imo. Still since the most people just want to be fast and stabby stabby, a working deep wounds effect is for it not necessary.

• wichael_wyers
    wichael_wyers Member Posts: 202

I don't even personally play Legion, let alone Killer, and it made me really sad to see what's become of them. I fell in love with their concept, their power, their edge (lool) and I do remember being somewhat to very annoyed about the moonwalking exploit, but I didn't expect the power to be basically useless as far as downing people.

I imagined they would need to smack you, but still needed 4 hits in order to down you. That - or they would need to travel to another player(s) before returning to their original target and smack another hit or two before downing them. I thought *that* was why they extended the Frenzy timer, but nope ;-;

I still love Legion, but now I probably enjoy them because they're weak as hell LOL. Honestly, at some points they're just plain boring. I wanna see what the devs can do in the future with these cuties. Rip our babies.

• Madjura

Please do not lower the quality of this discussion. If you have no proper arguments to make or address then kindly stay out of it.

• Madjura

Except I didn't say or (to me at least) imply I wanted Deep Wounds to go back to the way it was in any form. I merely wanted the Feral Frenzy to be buffed.

This is the exact quote:

Pretty sure everyone agrees that the Deep Wounds exploit was terrible, but that should've been nerfed and just left like that.

"[t]he Deep Wounds exploit [...] should've been nerfed and just left like that."

What do you mean by this if not "The problem with old Deep Wounds was the exploit and when that is removed it can be left like it is"?

You also didn't address a lot of my points, so don't know what you're doing there.

I ignored most of your comments because I am specifically talking about the old version of Feral Frenzy where you can deal damage to the Deep Wound timer. I did so because I was, and still am, under the impression that in your original post, which I have quoted above in this post, you claim that the old power is fine if only the exploit was removed. I am not talking about the current power at all, which means none of the points I ignored are relevant to my arguments.

With the right perks it's near impossible to escape any killer (Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly, Nurse, etc) with those perks. Legion isn't any different in that sense.

But with the old power, where you can deal damage to the Deep Wounder, it is not nearly impossible, it is literally impossible.

Besides, in case you haven't heard, they removed the blood seeing in this current form of Legion while they are in Feral Frenzy and during the fatigue.

And I have never claimed otherwise. In the quote you referring to I have mentioned twice that I am talking about the old power, the pre-rework Legion. Not the current version where you cannot deal damage to the Deep Wound timer without an add-on, the one that is currently playable in the game.

And I wasn't talking about the old power. I don't care about Deep Wounds. I care about Feral Frenzy, cause that was when I had the most fun by being a speedy boy.

Then let's restart the discussion:

What changes to the current version of Legion, the one playable in the game right now, would you like to see?

• DBDbuildsYT

So you don't have any proofs of your ideas? Nothing at all? Not even a couple of videos to teach us?

• Madjura

I do not have videos. I will concede the point that I can not prove the viability. I want to add that I feel it is unfair to expect a single user to prove the strength of a killer on the spot, as the most immediate way I can think of would be a large quantity of videos as there are no killer-specific stats available. That however is one me as I was the one making the claim that Legion is viable.

There is however an indication that supports my argument:

We're still watching data on them, and will make further adjustments if we feel it is necessary.

This implies that the developers have been monitoring Legion and do not feel an immediate need to make changes but rather only in the future. As the nature of those changes is not known it does not make sense to speculate what is going to be changed exactly.

And please feel free to address the numerous other arguments I have made that you have conveniently ignored to instead go for personal attacks.

• Talmeer

Statistics can tell you if a killer is op, or not. Or how often he is played.

Still they can't tell if it makes fun to play them, because that is just a feeling we all have, or not.

So, I hope, that they not only look in the data.

The most complains about the new Legion is that they make no fun after all.

• DBDbuildsYT

There's no need to address any arguments if you don't know precisely the experience of playing legion at high ranks.

Legion doesn't work, their power is completely useless, survivors can repair gens in your face when they have deep wound knowing that they will have a 4 seconds stun to run away, that's basically a free ds since ds loses 0.7 seconds of the animation so it's 4.3 vs 4 seconds. Nothing works on legion, a non lethal power combined with a slow vault.

Mending is a stupid mechanic, nobody likes to mend, it is a useless exercise in wasting time for nothing.

Legion needs to be rebuilt from scratch, and nobody who tries legion at high ranks can succeed with the killer consistently because legion is worse than trapper and probably even worse than wraith.

It's a pile of garbage and unless you can can prove your point with data, all the theory of the world won't help this argument.

Not I trust the devs data, since in their opinion it was OK to render legion a pile of junk.

These devs have shown time and time again to not understand high level play.

Because they simply do not play the game at high ranks.

Winning with legion at high ranks is not a merit, is simply survivors playing like potatoes.

This killer is utterly indefensible and I don't know about your job, but in most jobs if you fix something and you break it, you are expected to fix it again and not wait until its gone rotten.

• Warlock_2020

I don't think my full message came through. Old Legion was toxic and not good for the game. New Legion is boring for both the killer and the survivor. It does not matter if he is viable, I don't disagree there. What matters is that the power of the killer exemplifies the bland survivor play to begin with. Thus, a rework would be more beneficial all the way around. I think the character has plenty of upside, just needs a rework.

• beck__
    beck__ Member Posts: 25

Devs mentioned on a stream that they will most likely change some of legions addons. The ones that debuff survivors when hit twice in frenzy will work on 1st hit instead.

• @DBDbuildsYT

“Winning with legion at high ranks is not a merit, is simply survivors playing like potatoes.”

While I think this is true for pretty much all M1 killers, it applies extra hard to Legion. Against skilled survivors you are literally a powerless killer

• NullSp3c
    edited September 2019

It's not a matter of lowering the quality of this discussion. I even want the opposite. You brought nothing to this discussion by saying "he is". How am I supposed to discuss that? It's like you're saying "NO, because no", now don't blame me for that. Instead, justify why he is good and viable, defend your point of view. We're here for that.

Your affirmations just seemed like you don't play legion at high ranks, because playing legion at high ranks feels like flipping a coin.

*When going to hit a survivor in feral frenzy* "Am I gonna hit, or is the autoaim going to make me miss and gg?"

*While in a chase* "Please do a mistake so i can catch you and benefit from it" (We all know that in red/high purple ranks this normally doesn't happen).

• Talmeer
    edited September 2019

Sry Warlock, but I need to say:

A killer can't be toxic. What can be toxic are the killer ->players<- and yes there you are right. Some Legions were toxic. At least I have seen some in streams/videos and on the Legion patch day, I was by myself very toxic - at least according to the survivor rules book. Don't know how many survivors I had mori on this day - the first day I had ever use them -_-.

But what should I say to my defence? The circumstances of that day, the circumstances of that day...

Also I have the strong believe that it was not positive for the communitie, that dbd lost the Legion. The Legion was 1 of a few killers in dbd, that had a special playstyle and every killer (not just the Legion) that offers a special playstyle also attracts a specific type of player.

Those players don't stay at a game, if their reason to stay breakes away.

The only people that have profit from it, were the people that have dislike or hate the Legion, but some of them were so toxic that it was in my eyes a deal with the devil.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120
  • Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

The devs themselves said that Legion with his current base speed + his old FF speed would be insanely fast, fast enough to basically traverse a big chunk of the map in a very small time frame. They had to nerf FF's move speed to compensate. If you want his old base speed back with his old FF speed, they might consider doing that. But realistically you're moving faster with new Legion than you were with old.

• Warlock_2020

You can't be serious when you say a killer can't be toxic. Your quote about the survivor rule book is nothing more than a scapegoat. Anyone with common sense knows that either side can be toxic. Heck, survivors can throw that stupid rulebook crap right back at us. Toxic to loop, instant heals, brand new part, second chance meta, tea bag, the list of whining goes on and on from both sides.

Legion was a horrible design and was clearly in need of changes. Are the current changes good? Perhaps not, but old Legion was bad all the way around.

• Talmeer
    edited September 2019

I have by myself never take those "rules" from survivors or killers serious. What is allowed and what not, is shown via the game mechanics as long, as nobody exploits them.

But, there is no horrible design.

One guy dislikes a mechanic, the other likes it.

When I play my ms-warrior in wow as example, I could everytime bite in my keyboard when I have to deal with a frostmage (because feeled 3 million ccs's) or the most healing classes (because there heal is usually strong enough to survive 1 dd that nibbles on them). Still I'm ok with it.

Because there are other classes, where I have my chance and I see those guys not in every match (besides that frostmages are still possible, they are just annoyance as f.).

Back to dbd, a lot of people have like and some even love the old Legion. I had even make extra screenshots from endgame chats with happy survivors, because I had already know before that I will exactly run in your argument, sooner - or later.

On the other hand, there are a lot of people that have dislike, or even hate the Legion, but I tell you something... Exactly that shows a good design.

It needs to be edgy!

Every killer in dbd and every game mechanic has its lovers and haters. Did you think that I as a killer have enjoy all those speed% + perks? I wouldn't mind if they would go... But I think, that the most survivors have there might a different viewpoint and would say no and that's ok :).

It's in the game, so its something I have to deal with, as long as I play the game.

Besides that, how would you hold people now in the game, that have only join dbd because of a killer like the Legion?

Yeah, I know, they were all noobs and all of them were just bad person's - I know the opinion of some survivors here in those forums "blah, blah, blah, Legion this, Legion that" - but those people were also customers that have buy this dlc and god knows how many cosmetics - aka. they were part of a group who have give the devs money and as a companie, you should like money (because there is never enough).

So tl:dr, what would you offer those guys now?

There is nothing left! The Legion was not like the m1 killers, where it would be ok if 1 goes away, since there exist a ton of them in the game. The Legion was unique and as a consequence of that, has dbd nothing to offer anymore to those players and that means a part of their income breakes away and they will get a lot of negativity. Either here in the forums, or on other platforms, or in talks in real life.

This situation should never had happened and she should be solved as fast as possible, or it will go on and on and on and... I bet you know already what I will say now... on.

• phantasmal

Not a very compelling argument while we have Spirit (7.04m/s while phasing), Hillbilly (9.2m/s while sprinting) and Nurse (13.33m/s while blinking) in the same game as Legion. All of them being able to further increase their speed with add-ons and have way less drawbacks to their power.

FF currently is completely useless for traversing the map if you can't get at least 1 (more realistically 2) extention to it. The break-even point for durtion is 19s, any less than that and you'd have gained more distance by just walking.

You are already giving up pretty much every form of tracking by activating FF (no scratch marks, blood, muffled sounds, slight screen blur), does it really have to be inefficent for getting around as well?

Which leads to the obvious counterplay Legion's power always had (if we ignore the DW exploits): splitting up. Legion's power allows him to quickly injure everyone, if they are grouped up. He can never catch up to anyone with at least a 10m headstart (7.68 back in the old days), essentially nullifying his only power, stalling. Imagine thinking that a power like that needs an easy 1v1 counterplay at pallets. :V

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

Spirit is exactly why they didn't keep his speed the same. She's a 110% killer. Hillbilly can only move in a straight line with his chainsaw, and Nurse has a fatigue every time she blinks, which is in reality many more fatigues than Legion will ever know. Legion has much more control of movement than any of the characters you mentioned, and with 115% speed plus fatigue speed being as fast as previously, he'd just traverse the map entirely too fast, and he can still cancel his power once catching up to someone. If they did want to give him this option, perhaps they could make it where he couldn't cancel his power, including misses once using it, forcing him to either wait it out, or keep hitting them/find other survivors. This would force him to use his higher mobility to find other survivors instead of hitting them with DW, and then cancelling/continuing to chase one survivor.

As for his counterplay, would you rather he had no counterplay? Every character has some form of counterplay. Splitting up is pretty much Legion's only counterplay to his actual power, which is essentially a mini Plague vomit(he can injure every survivor on the map if they don't split up in a very quick time frame. To be fair, Plague's vomit is better, as they are forced to stay injured unless they cleanse, but the fact remains that if survivors didn't split up to counter Legion's power, then they would simply just keep getting picked off). I don't think that Legion is SUPPOSED to chain hit all four every time he uses his power, which is a misconception I think that other people believe he should. I think 2 survivors is good, 4 survivors is supposed to be a lucky/rare case.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

I mean yeah pretty much.

• Talmeer
    edited September 2019

Thats not really how it is. Billy can a tiny bit change his direction shortly before he is fully "charged" (is that the correct word?, I guess you know what I mean), but yes of course, its not the same like with the Legion.

I assume that the most Legion players would happyley change their actual base-movement speed back to the old one, if some frenzy changes would go along with that.

What dw matters... They should just delete it and transform it into a pure dmg abilitie imo (what know I? maybe then every frenzy hit makes 10% - 20% dmg on a survivor or so - directly). The ability is anyways already useless and serves no other purpose anymore as to annoy the Legion player and the survivors.

• phantasmal
    edited September 2019

Hillbilly can only move in a straight line with his chainsaw

Well, I mean he isn't locked into a forward movement, he is able to steer slightly to the left and right, which can be increased tremendously with add-ons.

Nurse has a fatigue every time she blinks, which is in reality many more fatigues than Legion will ever know.

Only cause Legion can't use his power for mobility? Otherwise they have double the fatigue timer.

with 115% speed plus fatigue speed being as fast as previously

Legion got an extra 1 second of fatigue when they got reworked, that alone counterbalances the +5% base movement speed when it comes to catching up.

Legion has much more control of movement than any of the characters you mentioned

I mean how often does that make a difference when it comes to traversing the map? Maybe on something like Lery's but otherwise you don't have to do extreme parkour to get from point A to point B.

Also, additionally, none of those three killers suffer a power penalty for basic actions such as: getting stunned or for just hitting a survivor with a basic attack. Imagine if like Billy couldn't charge his chainsaw for +10 seconds after M1ing a survivor.

As for his counterplay, would you rather he had no counterplay?

That's not what I was trying to say, even if I worded it awkwardly.

I don't think that Legion is SUPPOSED to chain hit all four every time he uses his power, which is a misconception I think that other people believe he should. I think 2 survivors is good, 4 survivors is supposed to be a lucky/rare case.

I suppose that's true.

Post edited by phantasmal on
  • Warlock_2020

The overwhelming majority disagreed with you on original Legion. Even heavily killer biased streamers like Tyde had issues with Legion. He was a bad design and implantation. I still think he is lackluster and would love to see his name match his power. Something along the lines of being able to switch between members during the match and each having a slightly different set of strengths.

Either way, our discussion is pretty much at a wall. You love Legion as he was, and almost everyone who did not use him hated him. The end.

• Talmeer
    edited September 2019

You are right, but I try also to "bring the other point of view" into the discussion, from the people that were too long silent and also a bit common sense (that means, less exaggerations and more "how it was/is").

I honestly don't know btw. if the overwhelming majority was "anti Legion" btw.

I had hundrets of friendly and/or happy people in my endgame chat and if we hold now in mind, that the standard dbd game has something around 2-4 survivors in a match - those people would easily outwight the nerf cryers we have seen in this, or the steam frorums and I was only 1 Legion - there were a ton of other people that have also play the Legion.

Of course, not everyone of them had a nice endgame chat - at least I think since it also hangs together how you play as a killer - still... that's a number hard to outwight.

And as a matter of fact, I have never seen official numbers from bhvr, how many people have complain compared to how many people were ok with it.

And as long, as I don't do this, I can only choose the site in which I more believe and thats for me the pro site, how you are btw. also be forced to do also, just that you stay on the other site :).

Edit: Btw. Your concept for a killer btw. sounds also good.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

What's going on here, I just quickly saw someone saying Legion had no counterplay when combined with stridor and bloodhound and it cracks me up because of how stupid that statement is.