The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivors wanting new objectives: Proposed solution

A lot of survivors often say they want new objectives, however I think what they're really saying is that the process involved in their current objective (doing gens) isn't engaging, and I agree.

I had a match a couple weeks ago playing survivor, and due to my luck I ended up getting 3-4 skillchecks nonstop in a row, and for the first time I felt engaged while doing a gen. It got me thinking.

My proposition is this:

Instead of objectives being completed on a set timed basis (80 seconds for a gen, 16 seconds for a heal etc) and skill checks merely preventing progress loss, doing an objective would prompt skill checks at regular intervals, and it is the act of successfully completing the skillcheck that produces objective progress. The amount of progress gained could be determined by how close to the front of the success area (the area where the current "great skillcheck" is). For example, a bad skillcheck could give 1% progress, an ok skillcheck could give 1.25% progress, a good skillcheck could give 1.5% progress, and a great skillcheck could give 2% progress). Failed skillchecks would have the same effect as they currently do, causing a loud noise and subtracting progress.

Of course, some other mechanics in the game would have to be re-balanced to accommodate this, such as Doctor's madness skillchecks and Hex: Ruin, but I believe it would keep survivors engaged during their down time, and the inclusion of variable progress speed based on skill would give players an added level of depth and satisfaction to their gameplay.

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    edited September 2019

So basically if you get "caught" doing a gen you would always explode it?

(also pretty neat idea, it's diffrent than others :D)

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

great skill checks should count as 5% since they are harder to get and thats a lot of skill checks to hit.