Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Is Better Together Better than Bond for a Gen Jockey build?

Options
Peasant
Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

I think the perk might be a solid replacement for Bond in my build but I want feedback from others before I commit.

"You seek justice and uncover the truth no matter what obstacle stands in your way.

The Aura of the Generator you are currently repairing is revealed to all other Survivors located within 32 metres.

If the Killer downs a Survivor while you are repairing a Generator 

, you see the Auras off all other Survivors for 8/9/10 seconds."

My Current Perk Set-up is this:

Self-Care (Can always heal self and practice skillchecks.)

Kindred (Solo Queue, sort of obligated to run it.)

Prove Thyself (Extra BPs for doing the Objective and better Objective Speed)

Bond (Find allies to use Prove Thyself with.)

Here's my logic: I am pretty good at finding generators across all maps, even the new one. I also know that a leading cause of survivor death is my allies not being able to find generators at all. So, being able to reveal a generator aura constantly while I'm working on it seems pretty great in itself. Combined with the fact that I get across the map aura reveals of all of my allies when someone goes down just increases my interest in the perk. All of this being said, is it worth giving up Bond's situational awareness in exchange for better objective play?

Best Answer

Answers

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

Better together and Bond has their own benefits, but I think they're both good :)

But I think Bond would be better with Prove Thyself.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,335
    Options

If you ONLY go for Gens, yes, Better Together might be the better Choice.

However, Bond has way more use.

• RatDBD
    RatDBD Member Posts: 68
    Options

I think they're both equally good in their own unique ways, however, personally, I'd use it in a gen build, Prove Thyself, Leader, Better Together, and with a toolbox.

I use Bond specifically for solo queue, and more so gaining information as to which team mate is being chased, and who aren't/what they're doing, as well as I really enjoy it for chase as well. I can protect my team mates by leading them far from my teamies repairing.

• JnnsMu
    JnnsMu Member Posts: 249
    Options

I don't think Leader belongs in a generator build. An exhaustion perk and Adrenaline would be a lot more consistent with Better Together and Prove Thyself.

• Pandamonium
    Pandamonium Member Posts: 77
    Options

Bond is more versatile. If you're doing generators and hear the heartbeat but don't see anyone around with bond, then you know that the killer is probably going to your generator. Seeing other survivors running, vaulting and dropping pallets because of bond and being in the killer's TR gives you the awareness that allows you to know whether or not you should continue with your generator or run away.