What’s happening to flashlights?
  • SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    Options

@HeroLives said:
    SoulKey said:

Title

That pickup animation speed is insane in PTB, It will take a brain dead killer to actually get blinded for a save now lol. It's insanely fast. I hope they put some thought into this.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options
    SoulKey said:

@HeroLives said:
    SoulKey said:

Title

That pickup animation speed is insane in PTB, It will take a brain dead killer to actually get blinded for a save now lol. It's insanely fast. I hope they put some thought into this.

Have people tried it? Flash lighting with the new pick up animation speed that is.
  • SoulKey
    Options

@HeroLives said:
    SoulKey said:

@HeroLives said:

SoulKey said:

Title

Have people tried it? Flash lighting with the new pick up animation speed that is.

I did in PTB with friends and i watched a streamer testing it yesterday (OhTofu) and he shares my opinion (He was a killer main), it is just ridiculous. I don't usually cry about perk nerfs or any of that, i can adapt. But FL save was one of the few things if not only, that required some skill, fun apart from holding M1 and running in circles.

You basically have to be right infront of a killer to get the timing, if you take less than a second to get there, you will miss it. Only brain dead baby killer with 10 hours playtime picking up right infront of you, will get blinded.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@SoulKey said:

@HeroLives said:
    SoulKey said:

Title

It doesnt change a lot tbh.
    THe killer still cant do anything because he is locked in animation and the only change will be that the survivor might have to get closer to the downed survivor in order to get in front of the killer fast enough.

However, considering that survivors usually have time to click the flashlight at you during the animation, just to flash you afterwards, I dont think the change is gonna do much

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options
    SoulKey said:

@HeroLives said:
    SoulKey said:

@HeroLives said:

SoulKey said:

Title

I did in PTB with friends and i watched a streamer testing it yesterday (OhTofu) and he shares my opinion (He was a killer main), it is just ridiculous. I don't usually cry about perk nerfs or any of that, i can adapt. But FL save was one of the few things if not only, that required some skill, fun apart from holding M1 and running in circles.

You basically have to be right infront of a killer to get the timing, if you take less than a second to get there, you will miss it. Only brain dead baby killer with 10 hours playtime picking up right infront of you, will get blinded.

Oh okay. Survivors getting hit from all angles I see.

• SoulKey
    Options

@popoles said:
    Thank God.

Don't count on god, i doubt they will keep it that way coz it's pretty much broken. give it time lol

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371
    edited July 2018
    Options

I thought the pick-up speed was busted though. Made a thread about it.

Is this with version 2.1.0a? I only tested 2.1.0 and it was still 4.3 seconds.

Thanks if this is answered.

Edit: I see it's actually working now. Very good, thought this change was needed considering picking people up was really time consuming.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    SoulKey said:

@popoles said:
    Thank God.

Don't count on god, i doubt they will keep it that way coz it's pretty much broken. give it time lol

Well, survivors could object by playing the PTB and proofing the devs how bad the change is...
    Ohh wait, nevermind. Survivors don't play the PTB because there's nothing in for them.

Shame, shame.

In that case I recommend survivors to adapt to the new change. Maybe flashlights finally will require some timing and skill.
  • SoulKey
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    SoulKey said:

@popoles said:

Thank God.

Well, survivors could object by playing the PTB and proofing the devs how bad the change is...
    Ohh wait, nevermind. Survivors don't play the PTB because there's nothing in for them.

Shame, shame.

In that case I recommend survivors to adapt to the new change. Maybe flashlights finally will require some timing and skill.

i love how some people just say "adapt" without any thinking, brainless tbh. If you look at the pickup speed and have any slight experience with flashlight saves "i doubt" , you will probably know it's almost impossible unless the killer is a baby one. Mark my words, pickup speed will be reverted soon or at least nerfed :)

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371
    Options

@SoulKey said:

@Tsulan said:
    SoulKey said:

@popoles said:

Thank God.

Shame, shame.

i love how some people just say "adapt" without any thinking, brainless tbh. If you look at the pickup speed and have any slight experience with flashlight saves "i doubt" , you will probably know it's almost impossible unless the killer is a baby one. Mark my words, pickup speed will be reverted soon or at least nerfed :)

Considering the devs just came out with a stream where they told Survivors to basically git gud and defended their choices, I doubt it.

• SoulKey
    Options

@Doom_Punk said:

@SoulKey said:

@Tsulan said:
    SoulKey said:

@popoles said:

Thank God.

Shame, shame.

Considering the devs just came out with a stream where they told Survivors to basically git gud and defended their choices, I doubt it.

meh i wouldn't count much on their words, they already told killers before to play Civ :dizzy: Idc about perks tbh, they can nerf it all they want.

• Tsulan
    Options
    SoulKey said:

@Tsulan said:
    SoulKey said:

@popoles said:

Thank God.

Shame, shame.

Flashlights have been broken from the beginning.
    Survivors abused the ######### out of it, by using it against a killer who is animation locked and can't defend himself against it. Finally they do something about it, since changing the animation might be to complicated.

So, yeah. Adapt or stop using it.

It was always possible to blind killers while they carry someone. But survivors relied so much on the animation locked killer, that only a few learned to do it. Reminds me of jucking. Only a few learned to actually juke. The rest just "learned" how to run in circles. Now they defend looping like there's no other way to lose the killer.
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

"I cannot use the fact that someone is stuck in an animation while my friend got caught, running on purpose in the cornfield, to get a free rescue :( "
    Yeah. It's actually gonna be harder now, and you'll have to take some risks getting closer to the killer rather than staying in a safe zone. It's kinda legit considering the efforts you have to make to actually catch a survivor in this game.

• SoulKey
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Runiver said:
    "I cannot use the fact that someone is stuck in an animation while my friend got caught, running on purpose in the cornfield, to get a free rescue :( "
    Yeah. It's actually gonna be harder now, and you'll have to take some risks getting closer to the killer rather than staying in a safe zone. It's kinda legit considering the efforts you have to make to actually catch a survivor in this game.

And by closer you mean 2m away from a killer ? Because if you stay further than that you won't get the timing :)

There is a difference between making effort and taking skill and between "broken". If you are blinded by your role that you can't see it, fine by me. We both know no killer with slight experience will get blinded with that animation speed.

And yeah, the animation is the way to get the blind. Have you ever been blinded while moving ? Because i might have to question your skills then.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

As a flashlight master, I won’t give my opinion, just the numbers. With current conditions, it takes roughly 2.2 seconds to blind the killer, with the last .2 usually having to be right at the end and after the animation. But basically, you have less than a second to get into position now.

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177
    Options

ya know....I'm not the best Dbd Player, yet i could pull of flashlight saves....And that is something I DO NOT want. i prefer it requiring skill and extreme timing since it's a ,well you know, a Save that can basically win you the game.

• Jack11803
    Options

@ACoolName said:
    ya know....I'm not the best Dbd Player, yet i could pull of flashlight saves....And that is something I DO NOT want. i prefer it requiring skill and extreme timing since it's a ,well you know, a Save that can basically win you the game.

It was pretty sad that I could pull of 12 saves in a game if I was given a second flashlight (actually happened) but the 3 seconds is a BIT too fast. Should be like 3.4-3.5.

• ACoolName
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@ACoolName said:

It was pretty sad that I could pull of 12 saves in a game if I was given a second flashlight (actually happened) but the 3 seconds is a BIT too fast. Should be like 3.4-3.5.

As I stated, Im not that great of a flashlight saver, so I'll go with what you're saying cuz it's most likely true given your experience.
    so 3.45 is the best time in your opinion?

• Jack11803
    Options

@ACoolName said:

@Jack11803 said:

@ACoolName said:

As I stated, Im not that great of a flashlight saver, so I'll go with what you're saying cuz it's most likely true given your experience.

Yeah, I’d assume so. And those wondering, YES I’ve played killer to rank 1, I know what they deal with.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@ACoolName said:

@Jack11803 said:

@ACoolName said:

Yeah, I’d assume so. And those wondering, YES I’ve played killer to rank 1, I know what they deal with.

Also keep in mind everyone will have to RE LEARN the timing

• ACoolName
    Options

@Jack11803
    It just came to my mind : Lightborn
    doesn't light born make it extremely hard to pull the save if the conditions we're making are put to play?
    not a complaint : the perk should do this IMO

• Jack11803
    Options

@ACoolName said:
    @Jack11803
    It just came to my mind : Lightborn
    doesn't light born make it extremely hard to pull the save if the conditions we're making are put to play?
    not a complaint : the perk should do this IMO

Inpossible, even with my suggestion impossible

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    Relearning isn't bad, survivors are more powerful than killers in general, swf flashlights are cancer since there is coms. Swf and coms gives survivors an edge more so than that in which they need to combat killers. Survivors can negate prettt much all killer perks as of now, and those they can't negate they can use their advantage to confuse the killer (like bbq and chilli). It means run empathy, it means changing builds maybe to be a flashlight hero. I'm a survivor main #gatorshoesfortapp and I see flashlights have a big window for use, since they still can also be used during pallet breaks and vaults. The ease for flashlight saves is pretty bad, pick up is faster but adapt, killers haven't been update since their kits have been nerfed with time. As the devs said, they are finally considering the fact that survivors can run multiple perks and items. This clearly wasn't in mind for brand new part and d strike. 20 second gen is not balanced with a mori that takes at least a minute for one chase, 5-6 seconds for a hook. Then another chase to kill. The bnps were balanced with a death after chase for a mori. Medium to high rank survivors can hold a killer for 2 gens at least, and games last 8 minutes or less without ruin. So to have to continue chasing one person after a save when time is stacked against a killer is not fair. 
  • Dabrownman1812
    Options
    Some games can end in 4 minutes or less in high level play, it is crazy. Some still run 6 and under with ruin. Game isn't challenging to me as a survivor. 
  • Dabrownman1812
    Options
    Funny to see some survivors complain about saves without looking deeper, swf coms keeps someone in flashlight position anyway, and run empathy to help get in position. Most of ya'll run sprint burst and selfcare, sure you got the empathy teachable. God forbid peeps have to be strategic and build a kit for a role instead of having an answer to everything just because lol
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Funny to see some survivors complain about saves without looking deeper, swf coms keeps someone in flashlight position anyway, and run empathy to help get in position. Most of ya'll run sprint burst and selfcare, sure you got the empathy teachable. God forbid peeps have to be strategic and build a kit for a role instead of having an answer to everything just because lol

Man, it’s almost like solo exists... and it’s survival rate is 30% (too low). Almost makes you think.... yes SWF is OP, but you can’t just throw solo, the intended method of play; into the trash

• Dabrownman1812
    Options
    I already answered the solo thing, team work is the way the game was meant to play, run empathy for the save. People now need to to have a build for a save. Nothing wrong with having a build for a role. Game will never balanced until survivors cannot do it all with the same build to run killers for two gens and flashlight save. Game is supposed to be asymmetrical, challenging for the solo players. But with the current meta and flashlight timing it just isn't challenging. Too easy for survivors to do certain things. Making it so people go in with roles will make the game fun, now all survivors run the same thing. I'm a consistent rank one without sprint burst, selfcare, d strike, flashlight, and get many saves. These items and perks aren't needed. If they are a need for some peeps, they rely on them and not skill. This is another step into filing survivors into different classes, which is good. 
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    I already answered the solo thing, team work is the way the game was meant to play, run empathy for the save. People now need to to have a build for a save. Nothing wrong with having a build for a role. Game will never balanced until survivors cannot do it all with the same build to run killers for two gens and flashlight save. Game is supposed to be asymmetrical, challenging for the solo players. But with the current meta and flashlight timing it just isn't challenging. Too easy for survivors to do certain things. Making it so people go in with roles will make the game fun, now all survivors run the same thing. I'm a consistent rank one without sprint burst, selfcare, d strike, flashlight, and get many saves. These items and perks aren't needed. If they are a need for some peeps, they rely on them and not skill. This is another step into filing survivors into different classes, which is good. 

Too bad when devs confirmed camping is ok, they also said SURVIVORS ARE NOT A TEAM. Besides, I understand those perks are op, but if they want other perks to be run, maybe buff them from trash tier. Also, no, you didn’t answer the solo thing. It directly hurts balance with solo and you seem to care less

• Dabrownman1812
    Options
    How does it? And survivors are a team, if they choose to be. In any asymmetrical game that's how it is. It is not mandatory to be a team player, but you could be. Hence the difference classes and how you can specialize. Also you don't understand, these perks are so powerful, if they don't nerf them to phase them out, then they have to be replaced by even more op perks. Time and meta has not been kind to killers. 4 minutes to do gens and leave without ruin! 8 or less for medium skilled players, 1-2 minutes for a chase with any competent survivor especially if killer isnt clown or nurse. When you look at the math from the killerd killers perspective. It is stacked heavily against them when it should be the 4 weak against the one strong. 
  • Dabrownman1812
    Options
    I derped on killers, my bad lol
  • Dabrownman1812
    Options
    Even with camping, the other survivors can do gens and leave, best case against competent survivors, 2 die 2 leave, worst case for killers 3 leave. 
  • Dabrownman1812
    Options
    Solo survivors being op is an issue still, why? Cause it just multiplies swf strength. If you look at killers, why do some camp? Because the meta as it is is stacked against them or they're just being noob meme campers.
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Solo survivors being op is an issue still, why? Cause it just multiplies swf strength. If you look at killers, why do some camp? Because the meta as it is is stacked against them or they're just being noob meme campers.

The statistical survival rate for solo players is 30%. Convince me that’s OP in any way by itself

• Dabrownman1812
    Options
    30%? What rank and what's the date of the info. Also what was the killers? 
  • Jack11803
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Rank 1-5, late howling grounds stream I believe

• Jack11803
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Rank 1-5, late howling grounds stream I believe

every killer EVEN AGAINST SWF, was 48-69% kill rate. Against only solo, high 60-70’s

• Dabrownman1812
    Options
    Also, not all solo players are equal, some main games in swf but had no partner, others play well in solo. If you do the math as I said, most high skill players can without ruin, run a killer for at least two gens. Time wise, the survivors currently have the upperhand in terms of getting the objectives done. Is that not true for mid to high level play?
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Also, not all solo players are equal, some main games in swf but had no partner, others play well in solo. If you do the math as I said, most high skill players can without ruin, run a killer for at least two gens. Time wise, the survivors currently have the upperhand in terms of getting the objectives done. Is that not true for mid to high level play?

It is true. Honestly best course of action. Give solo FULL ON COMMS. Then nerf survivors a bunch. Only way to make SWF stop using solo as a human shield against nerfs

• Dabrownman1812
    Options
    Link to the stream? Also depends on killer, make your choice was introduced which buffed the two top tier killers nurse and billy. So the 30% is skewed as that wouldn't  be the information for all killers in general, just for the few played during the event or around the event to secure points. 
  • Dabrownman1812
    Options
    The only thing being that high around that time was the escape rate from the new map that came with the saw chapter, not games total. 
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Link to the stream? Also depends on killer, make your choice was introduced which buffed the two top tier killers nurse and billy. So the 30% is skewed as that wouldn't  be the information for all killers in general, just for the few played during the event or around the event to secure points. 

Make your choice would only make it more apparent survivors (solo) are weak. Also, the 30% was ALL average. So any killers used

• Dabrownman1812
    Options
    Looking for the data, also once again, if it is just the two killers, it shows the two killers are strong with myc, not killers in general, whenever you do information you break down everything. The killers used and escape rate with them. When I find the info I'll critique it but I'm watching the howling stream to check it out.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Options
    The only thing I see with that rate is when they checked to see the escape rate for the new map guy. 
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Looking for the data, also once again, if it is just the two killers, it shows the two killers are strong with myc, not killers in general, whenever you do information you break down everything. The killers used and escape rate with them. When I find the info I'll critique it but I'm watching the howling stream to check it out.

There’s a good 5 howling grounds streams, sorry for not remembering which one, and even then you could miss it if you pick the right one. Also, their was individual killer stats more recentaly. Not against solo, against ALL, it it was nowhere near extreme as “they kill 70%” AKA (30% survival rate)

• Dabrownman1812
    Options
    I'll take a look! Thanks man
  • Tsulan
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

The statistical survival rate for solo players is 30%. Convince me that’s OP in any way by itself

Shouldn't it be more like 25% since there are 4 survivors?
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    edited July 2018
    Options

@SoulKey said:

@Runiver said:

And by closer you mean 2m away from a killer ? Because if you stay further than that you won't get the timing :)

There is a difference between making effort and taking skill and between "broken". If you are blinded by your role that you can't see it, fine by me. We both know no killer with slight experience will get blinded with that animation speed.

And yeah, the animation is the way to get the blind. Have you ever been blinded while moving ? Because i might have to question your skills then.

2 meters ? It used to be a 4,3s animation. PTB is 3s. It's not a HUGE change. You're just exagerating, it's not like they made it to be 1s.
    It's just a consequence of the fact that pallet stuns are more easily done now, since people tend to get caught directly under pallets way more since the vacuum removal, leading to unjustified rescue for a survivor that actually failed.

A well deserved buff.