Rip flashlight saves ?

Options
2»

Comments

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Flashlight saves should be only from the front. It's ridiculously bad when I am staring at a wall and I get blinded by someone I can't even see.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Solo survivors being op is an issue still, why? Cause it just multiplies swf strength. If you look at killers, why do some camp? Because the meta as it is is stacked against them or they're just being noob meme campers.

The statistical survival rate for solo players is 30%. Convince me that’s OP in any way by itself

Shouldn't it be more like 25% since there are 4 survivors?

No, it’s based per individual. It SHOULD be 50%, meaning killer gets 2 kills. Right now it basically means you go against solo, you get a free 3 probably 4k

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    50% is ok, not good or great. It should be 50/50 for average, not everything in the game is supposed to be 50/50. I'll check stats
  • SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Runiver said:

@SoulKey said:

@Runiver said:
    "I cannot use the fact that someone is stuck in an animation while my friend got caught, running on purpose in the cornfield, to get a free rescue :( "
    Yeah. It's actually gonna be harder now, and you'll have to take some risks getting closer to the killer rather than staying in a safe zone. It's kinda legit considering the efforts you have to make to actually catch a survivor in this game.

And by closer you mean 2m away from a killer ? Because if you stay further than that you won't get the timing :)

There is a difference between making effort and taking skill and between "broken". If you are blinded by your role that you can't see it, fine by me. We both know no killer with slight experience will get blinded with that animation speed.

And yeah, the animation is the way to get the blind. Have you ever been blinded while moving ? Because i might have to question your skills then.

2 meters ? It used to be a 4,3s animation. PTB is 3s. It's not a HUGE change. You're just exagerating, it's not like they made it to be 1s.
    It's just a consequence of the fact that pallet stuns are more easily done now, since people tend to get caught directly under pallets way more since the vacuum removal, leading to unjustified rescue for a survivor that actually failed.

A well deserved buff.

33% reduction is exaggerating ? ^^ if you say so..

As for pallet saves, shouldn't it be a reward for good team play ? I can't count how many times i went down at a pallet and no teammate was nearby or they suck with the timing, now it's you who is exaggerating. Not to mention the clunky pallets now when am right infront of it and i don't have a prompt to drop it, it's not as easy as you describe or you are just a god survivor. Or perhaps you mean against swf with voice comms who shout in the mic "HEY AM AT A PALLET" , yeah this will probably be a meta soon.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Solo survivors being op is an issue still, why? Cause it just multiplies swf strength. If you look at killers, why do some camp? Because the meta as it is is stacked against them or they're just being noob meme campers.

The statistical survival rate for solo players is 30%. Convince me that’s OP in any way by itself

No, it’s based per individual. It SHOULD be 50%, meaning killer gets 2 kills. Right now it basically means you go against solo, you get a free 3 probably 4k

Most of my games as solo survivor, the killer gets 1 or 2 kills. I'm probably part of that 30%.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Most of my games as solo survivor, the killer gets 1 or 2 kills. I'm probably part of that 30%.

POWER!!!

• Dabrownman1812
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

POWER!!!

I still gotta see if these stats are true, and if so which killers. If it's just nurse and billy these stats aren't relevant across the board as many killers fall really short. 
  • SoulKey
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said: Solo survivors being op is an issue still, why? Cause it just multiplies swf strength. If you look at killers, why do some camp? Because the meta as it is is stacked against them or they're just being noob meme campers. The statistical survival rate for solo players is 30%. Convince me that’s OP in any way by itself

POWER!!!

I still gotta see if these stats are true, and if so which killers. If it's just nurse and billy these stats aren't relevant across the board as many killers fall really short. 

It's unrealistic to expect all killers to be on the same power level; idk about the stats but i will be shocked if nurse and billy are not the top ones on the charts.

But that doesn't change anything because guess what, 90% of killers you will face ranks 1-10 will be nurse and billy. How can you even beat two killers who can go across the map in 1-2 seconds ? ^^

• Tsulan
    Options

@SoulKey said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said: Solo survivors being op is an issue still, why? Cause it just multiplies swf strength. If you look at killers, why do some camp? Because the meta as it is is stacked against them or they're just being noob meme campers. The statistical survival rate for solo players is 30%. Convince me that’s OP in any way by itself

POWER!!!

It's unrealistic to expect all killers to be on the same power level; idk about the stats but i will be shocked if nurse and billy are not the top ones on the charts.

But that doesn't change anything because guess what, 90% of killers you will face ranks 1-10 will be nurse and billy. How can you even beat two killers who can go across the map in 1-2 seconds ? ^^

1-2 seconds are like 10 meters. Those maps sure are small...

• SoulKey
    Options

@Tsulan said:

@SoulKey said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

POWER!!!

Yup, now you got it ! :dizzy: For billy and nurse, all maps are small.

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

@SoulKey said:

@HeroLives said:
    SoulKey said:

@HeroLives said:

SoulKey said:

Title

What’s happening to flashlights?

That pickup animation speed is insane in PTB, It will take a brain dead killer to actually get blinded for a save now lol. It's insanely fast. I hope they put some thought into this.

Have people tried it? Flash lighting with the new pick up animation speed that is.

I did in PTB with friends and i watched a streamer testing it yesterday (OhTofu) and he shares my opinion (He was a killer main), it is just ridiculous. I don't usually cry about perk nerfs or any of that, i can adapt. But FL save was one of the few things if not only, that required some skill, fun apart from holding M1 and running in circles.

You basically have to be right infront of a killer to get the timing, if you take less than a second to get there, you will miss it. Only brain dead baby killer with 10 hours playtime picking up right infront of you, will get blinded.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TastyEnergeticWrenchPicoMause

• Tsulan
    Options

@SoulKey said:

@Tsulan said:

@SoulKey said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

POWER!!!

Thank god those maps are all flat surfaces without any obstacles or walls or anything they could bump into...

• Dabrownman1812
    Options
    Tsulan said:

@SoulKey said:

@Tsulan said:

@SoulKey said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

POWER!!!

Thank god those maps are all flat surfaces without any obstacles or walls or anything they could bump into...

Lol this guy. That's my thing though, nurse and billy doing well isn't all killers doing well. Nurse and billy getting a 4k isnt the same as killers in general getting a 4k. 
  • Tsulan
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Tsulan said:

@SoulKey said:

@Tsulan said:

@SoulKey said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said: Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:    Solo survivors being op is an issue still, why? Cause it just multiplies swf strength. If you look at killers, why do some camp? Because the meta as it is is stacked against them or they're just being noob meme campers.        The statistical survival rate for solo players is 30%. Convince me that’s OP in any way by itself

Shouldn't it be more like 25% since there are 4 survivors? No, it’s based per individual. It SHOULD be 50%, meaning killer gets 2 kills. Right now it basically means you go against solo, you get a free 3 probably 4k

POWER!!!

Lol this guy. That's my thing though, nurse and billy doing well isn't all killers doing well. Nurse and billy getting a 4k isnt the same as killers in general getting a 4k. 

Of course not. Every killer should be balanced to be on the same lvl as Billy is.
    Billy is the only balanced killer right now. Nurse needs to much time and effort to master and also gives motion sickness. While Billy is right at the perfect spot of time and effort vs results.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@SoulKey said:

@Runiver said:

@SoulKey said:

@Runiver said:
    "I cannot use the fact that someone is stuck in an animation while my friend got caught, running on purpose in the cornfield, to get a free rescue :( "
    Yeah. It's actually gonna be harder now, and you'll have to take some risks getting closer to the killer rather than staying in a safe zone. It's kinda legit considering the efforts you have to make to actually catch a survivor in this game.

And by closer you mean 2m away from a killer ? Because if you stay further than that you won't get the timing :)

There is a difference between making effort and taking skill and between "broken". If you are blinded by your role that you can't see it, fine by me. We both know no killer with slight experience will get blinded with that animation speed.

And yeah, the animation is the way to get the blind. Have you ever been blinded while moving ? Because i might have to question your skills then.

2 meters ? It used to be a 4,3s animation. PTB is 3s. It's not a HUGE change. You're just exagerating, it's not like they made it to be 1s.
    It's just a consequence of the fact that pallet stuns are more easily done now, since people tend to get caught directly under pallets way more since the vacuum removal, leading to unjustified rescue for a survivor that actually failed.

A well deserved buff.

33% reduction is exaggerating ? ^^ if you say so..

As for pallet saves, shouldn't it be a reward for good team play ? I can't count how many times i went down at a pallet and no teammate was nearby or they suck with the timing, now it's you who is exaggerating. Not to mention the clunky pallets now when am right infront of it and i don't have a prompt to drop it, it's not as easy as you describe or you are just a god survivor. Or perhaps you mean against swf with voice comms who shout in the mic "HEY AM AT A PALLET" , yeah this will probably be a meta soon.

Good teamplay ? You just "failed" a pallet and can eventually escape out of that, mostly because the killer cannot do much about a piece of wood being there and you consider it leggit ? very discutable.
    The pallets, also, aren't clunky, you need to be slightly under them to drop them. If the killer blocks it, you just cannot. It's just planned mecanics.

• Dabrownman1812
    Options
    Tsulan said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Tsulan said:

@SoulKey said:

@Tsulan said:

@SoulKey said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said: Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:    Solo survivors being op is an issue still, why? Cause it just multiplies swf strength. If you look at killers, why do some camp? Because the meta as it is is stacked against them or they're just being noob meme campers.        The statistical survival rate for solo players is 30%. Convince me that’s OP in any way by itself

Shouldn't it be more like 25% since there are 4 survivors? No, it’s based per individual. It SHOULD be 50%, meaning killer gets 2 kills. Right now it basically means you go against solo, you get a free 3 probably 4k

POWER!!!

Of course not. Every killer should be balanced to be on the same lvl as Billy is.
    Billy is the only balanced killer right now. Nurse needs to much time and effort to master and also gives motion sickness. While Billy is right at the perfect spot of time and effort vs results.

That second part was for other peeps who say killers op and survivors have low escape rate,when that only goes to like two killers in the game lol.