Decisive Strike Idea

Options
NMCKE
NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
Okay, I've been playing Dead by Daylight on console for the past 6 months basically and I have been looking at PC gameplay as well to gather data. From what I see and what others say (Including devs), Decisive Strike gives way too much value for being a perk. So I'll like to suggest a perk rework and say the pros/cons of this rework! Please give constructive feedback, and don't be afraid to point some flaws in this rework because that's why I came to the forums!

Decisive Strike:
Once per trial, when in the killer's grasp, when you've at least wiggled 200/175/150% total during the entire trial, succeed a skill check to automatically fill the rest of the wiggle meter. Increases your chances of becoming the obsession.

How it works:
So let's say the first time you was in the killer's grasp you wiggled to 45%, second time you wiggled to 75%, finally you wiggled to 30% and that was enough wiggle to get the skill check to get off the killer's shoulder. So if you do the math 45+75+30=150 which is barely enough to for Decisive Strike tier III to get your skill check. In theory, survivors will need to at least wiggle 50% every time they are on the killer's shoulder and the third time they will need more time for the skill check to appear and succeed it (Remember this is based on you having Decisive Strike III).

Pros: Killer
Doesn't ruin momentum on first/second hooks.
Can prevent the perk from ever being used if you are close to hooks.
Survivors who are 2 hooked will likely not be able to gain enough wiggle to get off your shoulder.
No instant Decisive Strike (Yay!).

Cons: Killer
Will punish you if you are far away from hooks and can ruin momentum early if you are unlucky.
Can potentially provide survivors cheese escapes during the end game.

My highest rank as survivor: 1
My highest rank as killer: 3

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    MeowLux said:

My idea; Once per trial, when in the killer's grasp and if there is atleast 1 survivor dead, succeed a skill check to automatically to escape the killer's grasp and stun him for 2 seconds if 3 survivors are alive, 3 seconds if 2 survivors are alive and 4 seconds if you're the sole survivor alive.
    It also encourages stealthy play, because if you're the first one caught and no one is dead, then you can't use it.

Actually not a bad idea for a rework! 👍
    Decisive Strike is really tricky to rework because it's provides so much value that the slightest Nerf could drop the perk from ever being used.
  • MeowLux
    MeowLux Member Posts: 80
    Options

@SaltyKiller said:

@MeowLux said:
    Interesting idea, but probably will fall under one of the "insane nerfs" that would just kill the perk. I mean like I'm all up for balancing, but I feel like this would nerf the perk to the extend of it becoming one of those "once must have, now don't use". Remember what happened to STBFL? Yeaaah, it went from god tier to meh tier. I'd rather have it increasing in effectiveness the more people are dead, because this fits with Laurie's other perks and becoming the "sole survivor".
    My idea; Once per trial, when in the killer's grasp and if there is atleast 1 survivor dead, succeed a skill check to automatically to escape the killer's grasp and stun him for 2 seconds if 3 survivors are alive, 3 seconds if 2 survivors are alive and 4 seconds if you're the sole survivor alive.
    This could be used with Laurie's other perks to become another perk that is great if you play solo. It also encourages stealthy play, because if you're the first one caught and no one is dead, then you can't use it.

This would be tolerable. But the other big problem I have with DS is that one guy can equip the Obsession perk and DS and the Killer is informed that they have that. Good. But, the other Survivors don't need the Obsession perk and the Killer is made completely unaware if they have it or not.

That's why I still don't want DS to be "Get away for free" because it will still be insanely powerful especially with SWF groups.

That's more of a problem on how the Obsession mechanic works, but you could keep it the current DS, but make it ONLY the obsession can use it. Then it means you have to equip other obsession perks to get a use out of it.