Killers messing with their internet to win games should be permanently banned without a warning.

Nenkie
Nenkie Member Posts: 43
edited October 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Finally having a fun game after playing for hours, but this doctor started messing with his internet because he couldn't catch me, long story short I get hooked 3 times within a minute because I can't run away from him (I run 3 steps and get teleported back to him, constantly)

Comments

• I've noticed this as well

• aazimuth
    aazimuth Member Posts: 190

Not quite sure why they game ban people for editing their save file but give temp bans to people that lagswitch, threaten, etc. Doesn't really make sense, both are bad but should definitely be flipped around.

• Lodosslight
    Lodosslight Member Posts: 65

I knew this exist and I was not dumb to feel like this actually happens! I normally play Killer and when I would play as a Survivor, there are times that I would encounter this odd ping issue. So, the way I notice this being odd is how every time I would be near the Killer, the "lag" would start to effect while being chase by causing me or my Friend to run up to a wall or teleport to the side near the Killer (somehow . . . . .).

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I agree, but it's not really possible at the moment. With the peer-to-peer connection, it's impossible to track people who lagswitch reliably - and if you're going to issue a permaban, it should be based on some hard evidence.

• Pirate
    Pirate Member Posts: 427
    edited October 2019

what also needs to be considered is my case:

An swf (4 steam friends) joined my lobby 3 with green connection (<100ms) and a guy with red ping that was jumping around from 350ms to 550 ms and back again like twice a second ... after the game he told me that I was cheating and have to fix my internet...*facepalm*. Before searching for mistakes by the others PLEASE watch the f..king ping!!! even if you are an swf tell your friends that you dont have a green ping and leave the killers lobby before it starts because i also dont feel joy attacking people who are running into walls.

Post edited by Pirate on
  • 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

When dedicated servers come out and killer don't know so they mess with their internet, but it only makes them glitch back

• Kumakx
    Kumakx Member Posts: 262

i saw a guy who couldn't kill anybody at 4gens done, got flashlight blinded few times when picking up survivor so he didn't even get to hook them. So he stood still for 1-2mins and after that started teleporting like 20-30m. Obvious lag switching. So bad that game kicked him out in the end.

I'm SOOOOO ready for dedicated servers to become a thing.