The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dedicated Servers Test: Feedback

Comments

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

abysmal experience.

Laggy movement and input as killer.

Rubber banding as survivors.

Please remove them completely, they are clearly a downgrade

• Mystaria13
    Mystaria13 Member Posts: 495

@anonymous31337

Survivor dc's haven't counted toward sacrifice for awhile now unless they had been hooked twice when they dc'd. You can't expect it to give you credit for a sacrifice on a survivor that you hadn't even hooked. I'm surprised you are just noticing this because it's been like that for me for awhile.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I had a match where I was going to perform a hook grab as The Nurse, but then didn't. My hand went up to grab, and then nothing happened, and I went into fatigue.

Something completely unrelated: it appeared as if a tier one Meyers hit me from 2 meters away (we were both moving away from one another as he swung). Please either shorten the cones or shorten the duration of the lunge. The band-aid fix of just covering up the inaccuracies by trying to move the killer and survivor closer together once the hit registers looks sloppy on killers like Hag or Huntress, especially at the tip of their lunges.

• Mystaria13
    Mystaria13 Member Posts: 495

My main concern is hitboxes. They have been bad for awhile now and got even worse when demo was released. I play pc and ps4 and hit boxes are a lot worse on ps4. On ps4 I'm getting hit through obstacles and around corners and over 4 pallet lengths away on good ping while on pc hit boxes are a bit better. With the dedicated servers hitboxes still need help and pallet vaults and windows vault hit boxes are bad and it always seems to lag bit right before you vault and that always results in you getting hit. I don't know what the problem is but dead hard still doesn't work all the time no matter how early you hit it but dedicated servers are a lot better than they were during the first ptb and I've noticed a lot of improvement in areas other than hit boxes.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited October 2019

I played mostly Nurse during the servers, and it was actually quite good to be honest. I got a stable 60-100ms throughout the matches. The only thing that felt weird was that after coming out of the blink, I was set back a tiny bit, like something like 20cm or so. Barely noticeable if your blinks are precise already though.

• Fenrirclemo
    Fenrirclemo Member Posts: 4

It is 9 AM in the UK, Killer games are consistent 192 ping (i think NA west) as huntress she is barely playable at the minute,

I played several Survivor games this morning and last night and i am getting consistent 92 ping which is very smooth and no problems at all.

• estebanok
    estebanok Member Posts: 3

Please remove the dedicated servers, they sucks, as a killer is unplayable and as a survivor can't loop because everybody use killers like the huntress exploiting the lag hitbox, this sucks. If you jump through the window the killer can hit you far from you. I have stable 120ms but it is too bad.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162
    edited October 2019

Nearest server: Frankfurt

My Country: Germany

Average ping with servers: 50ms, 150ms when too many use the internet in my students' hostel

Average ping without servers: 50-150ms depending on the host, not below 180ms for the 2nd case (often more about 210ms)

Stable? Yes. More than before.

Survivor gameplay: Felt the same. Huntress got some interesting hits on me and the killer got screwed by auto aim (I think) at a window trying to M1 me during my med vault one time. I could easily adjust to the new lag during Skillchecks, but DH screws me over more than before. I get exhausted, but don't do the dash and the killer still hits me.

Killer gameplay (Freddy and Myers): Felt roughly the same. With Freddy I felt no difference, and sometimes the response was better than before.

With Myers there was only the problem, that when I stalked for a longer time (>0.5s), my stalk progression reset a bit, when I stopped stalking. This can lead to the 2x EWIII issue some people have. It did not happen to me, maybe because I really 99ed it and usually "overstalk" a bit when getting EWIII.

Edit: PS. Killer experience was with 50ms ping. I don't like to play killer when my connection is crap.

• Kumakx
    Kumakx Member Posts: 262

https://clips.twitch.tv/SullenUnsightlyClintmullinsNononoCat

he just canceled ew3. Later that game he stalked survivor trough the wall on the loop.

I myself couldn't reveal Ghostface earlier today when he was standing 3m from me in the open (nothing around him, not even a little rock).

Also queues are terrible. Yesterday I've been waiting like 10mins for killer lobby so i switched to survivor and due to all the lobby bugs i had to wait about the same. Today i played some survivor and it was better fortunately.

• ForeverBaby
    ForeverBaby Member Posts: 3

Signed up as the game has become unplayable, revert this stupid test and put it on the PTB where it should have been from the start.

WHY WOULD YOU TEST ON A LIVE SYSTEM! that is testing 101.

• Lucky57
    Lucky57 Member Posts: 14

Servers felt better than PTB, there were a few desynch causing for example the Hag to not instantly teleport or to teleport back to her previous location for a second.

Hit registration doesn't feel laggy or too unfair for what I experienced, so good point for the servers \o/

I don't know if it was intended or just pure luck, but the first night servers were up, killer queuing time went from 10 minute waiting time to 10 seconds.

Every game I made had between 40ms and 50ms ping, played around 10 or 15 trials as killer and 3 as survivor.

Grabbing survivors is almost impossible on servers though, had a Jane slowly entering a locker in front of me, couldn't grab them at the beginning of the animation, it just swung at the locker door.

I think that's all I can share about my experience on the servers, hope it helps ! :D

• anonymous31337
    anonymous31337 Member Posts: 192
    edited October 2019

Well, I am pretty sure it was the first day it happend for me and I play on daily basis. Also it means all survivors can just DC and make you depip. It must be rolled back to previous state

EDIT: or maybe it was just first game where survivors DCed since this change... Anyway I didn't get points even when person DCed on death hook (not the game from screenshot), so they were hooked 3 times...

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited October 2019

I was told there were no iframes only hitbox removal. Depending on how it removes the hitbox, meaning shrinking from full to zero over the course of the dash or from 100-0 instantly would effect how that goes. Much as using Pigs crouch doesn't instantly bring the terror radius from 100-0 instantly. The point being, if it isn't instant desync could cause the issue.

BlueFang

Oct 3, 2019

What Dead Hard does is it temporally removes your hit-box it doesn't grant you an invulnerability state like Mettle or Borrowed Time do

Likely what's wrong with the dedicated servers is the DH lags behind meaning you either get the no hitbox status way earlier or later

Post edited by Tucking_Friggered on
  • HellRus
    HellRus Member Posts: 5

PC, Israel, ping in lobby about 60-90ms.

Tried to play as survivor yesterday and today like about 7 games. I had disconnect from server each game after ~1 minute, without any blood points and depipped. In match scoreboard i see that killed had disconnect too. With Survivor friends they see that only i just disconnected from a match.

Also tried today 2 games as killer, had disconnect right after mach was started both times...

Checked game local files twice - didn't helped at all. So, can't play for now, will it be fixed?

• Gonzalo
    Gonzalo Member Posts: 48

I live in Mongolia and before servers came i always connected to Russian hosts(for some reason having 280ms ping always even though Russia is right next to Mongolia)with really high ping.

After servers came out i started connecting to EU servers with only 130ms ping which really made my survivor experience much better.Previously i only played survivor once a day because of horrible ping.

So thanks to you guys my survivor experience went up.

As killer with 130ms ping i experienced some delays with pallet breaking and generator breaking but it's not really long.0.2 seconds or something.

Killer feels same as before.

Thank you guys for bringing dedicated servers to this game! 😃

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

This morning I had two situations in one game were the Grab animation started, next thing I know the Dwight is up and running away from me.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

I thought it was just me, but yeah I wasn't able to 99% his meter at all it kept going to Tier 3 and I am almost always nailing that 99%. I even started stopping earlier than usually after a couple times and it was still going all the way to Tier 3.

• Ebisek
    Ebisek Member Posts: 106

45ms game, no single fair hit.

Hitboxes with 45ms ping 300 times worse than 200ms P2P week ago.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

@Gonzalo Not Singapore or Tokyo because it's closer? I would not have thought that you get better connection to EU (probably Frankfurt then).

• pejii
    pejii Member Posts: 79
    edited October 2019

I had no problem so far as survivor, but never got over 100ms servers.

as killer with low ping server I had very little issues like the palette and power delays that everyone talking about.

however, I had a lot of issues when the server is over 100 ms or the ping is jittering around.

as hag: teleporting to your traps most of the times puts the camera in the wrong direction and you can't insta hit anymore.

as hag: teleported to few traps and was slowed down on movement for a short period of time (like I was walking without holding the shift as a survivor) before the speed was boosted back.

as wraith: I got a lot of flash burns and a few times didn't even get burned by flashlight but I was not able to hit anyone, had to go back to cloaked mode and come out again before I could hit.

as doctor: I have had plenty of successful shocks on players that managed to jump out of windows and throw palettes.

also I had a few games that I got disconnected from the game for no reason other than Host is disconnected?

and a couple of NAT errors after a server was found but instead of loading into the lobby the game would give me a NAT error, its not a big deal as there are plenty of lobbies and I can queue for another most of the times but during the day and when it takes 5~15 minutes to find a lobby, getting a NAT error is so frustrating.

will play more and report back but so far it seems that the issues only arise when the ping is high specially on the killer side that most of the things are designed for a 0ms killer. I think the game needs to change or you have to place a server in every city to makeup for this.

• oskan72
    oskan72 Member Posts: 14

Ik speel vanuit nederland,sinds gisteren krijg ik ook foute nat type verbinding terwijl het niet zo is.En als je als killer speelt moet je ook lang wachten,en een derde is dat als ik met als surviver 1 potje heb gespeeld dat hij me daarna gelijk weer in het beginscherm teruggooid.En wat anderen ook aangaven geen correcte hits vanuit de killer.Omdat ik meer een surviver ben en weinig als ik killer speel kan ik niet echt aangeven wat verbeterd zou moeten. Maar 1 ding is wel zo helder als kristal,en dat is dat de killers alleen maar veel sterker en moeilijker worden gemaakt vergeleken met survivers.Om wat mij betreft een idee aan te geven voor je haal kansen als surviver is 30%,en als killer alle survivers te pakken schat ik in op 70% hoe erg je je eigen uitsloof als survivers. Zo oneerlijk sterk worden de killers gemaakt met al hun add-ons,perks en items. Ik twijfel nog zelfs of er mensen in de toekomst nog deze spel gaan spelen(ik denk het niet).En dan word er gezegd dat het spel meerendeels om de killer draait, maar laten we 1 ding niet vergeten,zonder de survivers heb je ook geen killer.Mijn gedachtengang is dat met de tijd niemand als surviver gaat spelen door dit soort dingen, en de killer ook niet meer kan gamen omdat er minimale of geen survivers meer zijn,en dat moment zal dan de ondergang van dbd worden.Dat is mijn mening wat het spel betreft

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

So far the connections seem good, just a bit longer of que time waiting for a lobby than on P2P.

• HomerDoh
    HomerDoh Member Posts: 7

Hi, playing today and yesterday survivor only and is better than was on ptb last time... But some hits register is worst than p2p. On p2p when I join lobby with ping 100+ I was know how to play to avoid doggy hits (I have 2600 h in game) now I slight on pallet and Im on other side but hit still register.

My ping on servers is always below 60(fibre connection) , EU region.

• Mrjuice
    Mrjuice Member Posts: 94
    edited October 2019

I played killer and so far the dedicated server is okay. The ping is more stable, however not very good (100-120 ping). I don't know does the dedicated servers improve matchmaking cause I find matches way quicker than before.

However, there is a few problems:

1) The delay on interaction

I thought this was supposed to be fixed..? But the screen still shakes when I press space bar to interact with objects and there is still some distance between me and the object. Also, most interactions have a 0.3-ish second delay including killer's power. The interaction bar is also sometimes bugged

2) Hit registration

Some hits do feel more fair, but the main issue I find is that I cannot get the hit if I lunge through the pallet, the weapon connected, but the survivor drops the pallet on me. I think it is strange because in the same match, I was able to hit the same survivor with the tip of the weapon through a similar situation. It might be the ping i dont know. On the other hand, window hits are way easier..? Sometimes I can get a hit even they fast vault and ran a lil bit. I don't think it was the ping because both me and the survivor had decent ping (60-80).

3) Weird last generator notification bug..?

I don't know if this is a just a bug or is related to the servers, but in some games I can't see the notification bubble of the last generator.

These are the problems I faced after the dedicated servers came out. I think it is decent, but it still needs changes to make the game feel more smooth.

• brainzs
    brainzs Member Posts: 1

Played with survivor. Hit boxes registered when they shouldn't have in every game. There was a bug where you could see the killer or the downed survivor fall through the map and after it got normal again killer couldn't pick him up from the ground for a while. And there was a problem to unhook the survivor from the hook as it didn't allow you to do that (didn't give you the unhook option). Previous ptb felt much smoother

EU region, ping 60ms

• przem484
    przem484 Member Posts: 12

While playing legion nothing bad happened, except animation snapping to the correct point.

while playing as killer(legion) it is noticeable as your character gets moved multiple times before animation starts in form of short snaps,

also while closing hatch my animation got cancelled(camera got moved down and legion started rising his foot to close hatch) three times and surivor escaped.

From survivor side nothing seemed wrong. Maybe, just maybe during fast vault there's bigger time window to hit survivor throught window.

worth noting is that, for now, feeback is from small amount of games.

• Baballerz
    Baballerz Member Posts: 2

Before the dedicated servers, as a killer, the average ping for my survivors was about 100ms. With the dedicated servers, my ping as killer was averaging about 50ms. I played Demogorgon, Nurse, and Cannibal so far. While playing I've had HUGE and INCONSISTENT lag spikes. With these servers I have two 4 main complaints:

• Movement as killer & survivor: It's really choppy and has a teleporting effect. Even though I have much better ping, this got way, way worse. Not something I experience in any other game.
    • Lag Spikes - Issue #1: If I open a locker as a killer while a lag spike occurs, even after the duration of the spike, I can not move from that position for MINUTES. I've lost pips many times now because of this issue.
    • Lag Spikes - Issue #2: Aren't these servers supposed to help stop lag switching? During a lag spike, I was able to down 2 survivors who, on my client's side, were running into walls. On their client's side I can only assume they were moving perfectly fine and then were downed randomly. Either way, this should be fixed, not given a boost.
    • Killer Powers: With the Demogorgon more than 50% of the time I could not set or use my portals. Furthermore, charging Power of the Abyss was impossible. As Nurse, well... I think I may have hit a single survivor, when I usually get 4k's as Nurse. The Blink was terrifying me as the killer, not the other way around, as small-range blinks would not register, not allowing me to quickly blink through a wall, and long range blinks didn't seem to reach their full distance most of the time. A blink somewhere in between these two seemed to work off and on. As the Cannibal I had to charge my chainsaw up for an excruciatingly long amount of time for the server to register that it was fully charged. If I had released my power when it first reaches the top of the gauge, then instead of using my power, the gauge would instead recede rather than actually use the chainsaw.

So, all in all the dedicated servers, so far, have been a terrible experience. I'm sure with MUCH more work and effort, the servers will eventually work fine. However, whomever the server provider is definitely needs to be changed. Either that, or a better server plan would be beneficial, as the "Basic Server Pack" is not recommended for a great game with a large amount of players.

I wish each of you developers good luck in solving all of these issues coming in. And thank you for your service.

• PlanetVaster
    PlanetVaster Member Posts: 1

I play as survivor, the dedicated servers have been stable for me except for sometimes it randomly disconnects me within 10 seconds of the round starting, which is annoying and causes me to derank. But overall the ping has been a lot better (~100 - 150ms compared to normally 200 - 350, I play in US but with my friend from Europe so I think I usually get connected to Europe servers that he's on so my ping is always pretty high). I'm glad you devs are finally fixing this, and the matchmaking, these were the biggest issues in the game.

• CardClasher
    CardClasher Member Posts: 86

Huntress Hitboxes feels scuffed and somehow we got the ability to have 2 killers in the same game i love it so far,

• heartx
    heartx Member Posts: 4

It's good in a way. In others this worse. Dead hard hardly works. The survivors can't know who the killer is, but the killer might know who the survivor is being the worst thing. There's a lot of killer making the game become a bad environment, where he wants to get revenge on the survivor for something personal, and the survivor can't do anything. I believe that both sides should not know who is who, so have a fair match between them, without personal attacks.

• ArsimV
    ArsimV Member Posts: 2

I've played a handful of games with the new servers and while their is a noticeable delay with doing actions (i.e Dead Hard not fully registering even though the exhaustion status effect is applied, or getting hit after fully completing a fast vault) queue times and ping are more consistent through out games which is for sure a positive. Hopefully things get better from here! :)

• Husk
    Husk Member Posts: 39

Consistently getting 29-33 ping. I love this.

• BaguetteGud
    BaguetteGud Member Posts: 4

it dont seem horrible couple of things ive noticed using ghostface power sometimes starts stalking before actually going into stealth mode which is kinda off putting, and grabbing doesn't work like 90% of the time to the point one match the game thought i grabbed someone but i didnt and i was glitched and couldnt do anything because thegame thought i had someone on my shoulder

• Zaxtrem
    Zaxtrem Member Posts: 1

Amazing job so far, I've been getting lobbies that have 70-100 ping 9/10 times, really happy with that, became rare when I have to leave because of the ping.

• Zehk
    Zehk Member Posts: 1

There were many instances where I would dead hard but still get hit while my exhaustion was recovering while on the ground.

Another thing I noticed is The Hillbilly's hit box. On The Pale Rose I was getting chainsawed through a lot of obstacles, one of them being the tiny boat here.

• prrrrrrrrrrx
    prrrrrrrrrrx Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2019

Ping: 40ms (consistent)

• hits which shouldnt connect, desync in most of the (survivor) games. Clearly missed shots/swings register as hits.
    • inputs dont feel "smooth", it feels like input delay is happening (It is difficult to describe, sorry about that.) Dead hard didnt work, maybe because of that.
    • a drastic increase in waiting times for games. Killer (Rank 10, times werent low before) & (solo) survivor (Rank 3, usually waiting times of >1min.)

It was a really bad experience.

Edit: the waiting times are much better for me now.

Post edited by prrrrrrrrrrx on
  • Fictionalname
    Fictionalname Member Posts: 121
    edited October 2019

Dedicated servers are OK. Not great but OK. It would make it great if dcers got banned finally.

Also this is a terrible way to know wether the feedback is good or not. Many who say it laggs and so on already have terrible internet and laggs anyway.

• ghostieow
    ghostieow Member Posts: 1

Ping: 60-70ms steady

* Bamboozled takes up to a second to register after the killer vaults a window, delayed enough to the point you can actually exploit it.

* At one point on the Stranger Things map a survivor teammate was hit so hard she ghosted/phased thru an unopened gate and was able to escape. I phased through a window later on after getting hit on Wretched Shop.

* I thought it was cool and liked being able to get a lobby and the killer being the last one to join. That made me chuckle. But good on killer side to have a lobby ready for you too I think.

* Killer queues were great for me after waiting 20-30 minutes for 1 lobby this past weekend.

* Myers stalking bar regresses randomly or lags back randomly.

* Desync feels worse on dedicated servers than it does on p2p.

* Dead hard, head on, etc were completely unusable mostly.

* Great ping, I can appreciate!! Tho in it's current state even with great ping so much lag/desync =(

* I've sandbagged myself multiple times with a pallet because for some reason it kept me on the same side/teleported me back when trying to throw one.

* Got disconnected from matches a couple times due to severe lag for everyone.

* Some of the killer response is better than before.

• Neskakao_64
    Neskakao_64 Member Posts: 7

I really appreciate the dedicated servers. Where I live, our Internet connection was never good enough to play killer because there you were the host.

Now with dedicated servers I am even able to play killer, thank you. 😊

• pejii
    pejii Member Posts: 79

I played a round as huntress today, I'm not good with her but I murdered today.

hatchets were hitting air and survivors were getting hits that should not happen. I could easily hit a sitting survivor behind palette with my hatchet throw, I know for a fact that this was impossible before.

played a round of survivor against a huntress too and I can clearly say that hatchets do hit strange places (hit boxes lag behind?)

• Dreadlok
    Dreadlok Member Posts: 18

Only noticed a few survivors skipping around, but I think that was their connection to the server. Some audio issues with sounds being delayed after the physical actions (ie breaking pallets). Other than that, everything seems smooth and better than normal . Connecting to lobbies was smooth and quick as killer.

One other thing. Sometimes after leaving a match, or sitting idle too long in a survivor/killer menu, you get kicked back to main menu.

• kamisen
    kamisen Member Posts: 794

Dead hard is not working properly. I get the exhausted status, but the perk does not active.

• Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180

I played a single game of survivor, and the connection was excellent (Stable 56-57 ms)

Killer was the spirit, so there were no projectiles.

I live in Denmark (Europe), and I connect to the internet using a WIRED!!! connection.

With the peer to peer connections, it was always pretty clear when people were using WiFi, as their pings went from a smooth 70 to a sudden spike of 170.

• 1saltypug
    1saltypug Member Posts: 117

noticed on plague I was having corrupt landing issues. I'm from east coast usa and was getting matched to the dedicated server in eu im assuming ping was about 145ms. I would hit them with it on my screen but they wouldn't take damage at all or get sick and then other times they wouldnt get hit till after I was already done puking

• JokerToxin101
    JokerToxin101 Member Posts: 5

No lag whatsoever. Pings last night were mostly in the 60's 70's range for me. Only thing I didn't like was the hitboxes. It seemed as if they were increased by a lot. It should be the other way around...

• gabrielkyle
    gabrielkyle Member Posts: 26

Literally only getting EU servers.

How the hell can you fail this bad

• JaKobe0000
    JaKobe0000 Member Posts: 4

I've played a few matches good ping 60ms to 100ms and so far i like it but i don't know if this is a bug or not because when i was playing plague all i could see is my jewelry and nothing else but so far I've been liking the servers so far keep up on the good work and i hope this game can go for a long time.

• JaKobe0000
    JaKobe0000 Member Posts: 4

Yeah i have notice a lot of that when i was already on the other side of a pallet and i was getting chased by the demogorgon and he lunged at me and hit me even tho i dropped the pallet way before. But when ever i play killer i have no problems.

• Avelia
    Avelia Member Posts: 7

When I played Myers I had several instances of tier 2 and tier 3 music playing, as well as survivors saying they heard it, but then instantly reverted back to tier 1 or tier 2, only happened when playing with the new servers.