The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dedicated Servers Test: Feedback

Peanits
Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
edited October 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

As of October 2nd, 2019, we have begun testing dedicated servers on the live PC version of the game following the changes made in the 3.2.2 hotfix.

Please note: Dedicated servers are not enabled on consoles just yet.

If you have had a chance to give the dedicated servers a try, we'd love to hear what you think below.

Additionally, if you could fill out this survey, it would be greatly appreciated: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/J2JRJ6X

Thank you!

Post edited by not_Queen on

Comments

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited October 2019

I hopped on the pc version to try em out and they seem a lot better. Issues here and there but they've come a long way.

Good job.

For example of issues hit delay on huntress hatchets and myers sometimes stalks through walls.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited October 2019

I didn't even know this was a thing going on right now. But I played a couple of survivor matches between yesterday and today, and things seemed fine to me.

Are the disconnect mechanics in place -- like dc'ing survivors leaving husks behind?

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

Not just yet. These are the next steps once dedicated servers fully launch.

• PeenutsButt3r
    PeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 695

Been waiting for a lobby as survivor for 18 minutes...

Legend has it I'm still waiting.

• luizedu9
    luizedu9 Member Posts: 21

my ping was about 50 -- 70 in lobby. South america.

As survival, sometimes my vault stuck for a little time, but the rest it was ok.

As killer, i was chasing survivors, when sundely they start to disapear without scratch marks. Probably it was my internet conection. but.. better report, maybe other killers are seeing this too.

• Secretrider
    Secretrider Member Posts: 5

Literally worse than in the PTB. Disconnects me within the first minute of the game when for weeks prior there were no issues.

• MyName123
    MyName123 Member Posts: 46

the unique problem is the killer is lagging, because the hitbox are so much bad and unplayable

• thedevalex
    thedevalex Member Posts: 283

I had stable 60 ping which was lovely, I didn't experience any lag/hitbox issues (except for myers tier audio being bugged). As killer I didn't experience any lag also so that's great. I love the new servers.

• Satsui
    Satsui Member Posts: 142
    edited October 2019

I love the new dedicated servers! Seems like all the major bugs were fixed. The experience is AWESOME. Pleaseeee keep it on. People who complain are spoiled brats who cant know the difference between playing as a host than playing on a server. They will adapt eventually.

• Ebisek
    Ebisek Member Posts: 106

I had many sync issues with hits and positioning of killer (from my survivor side). Particular situations: Spirit hit to the corner of killer shack and the game hits me though I was 10m away. Invisible nurse grabbing me from the window, but she blink to my position 2 seconds later in the middle of grab animation. Many situations with hits from 5 meters range.

I had 40-50ms stable ping in lobby.

• DaftPunkk1
    DaftPunkk1 Member Posts: 3

i think u guys have done a pretty good job so far (for real kk'')

i only play as survivor,and the matches seems to be more fair now for both killer and survivors,definitly no hits through pallets and windows

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253

Myers power bar is very laggy.

• OverdoseT
    OverdoseT Member Posts: 57

Ping: 75 ~

Played yesterday 3 hours with Plague:

Lobbys was fill very fast after finding a match, thats great !

On my first Plague match i got a weird bug (?) where i puked for about 30 seconds and in this time a walked normal speed with Plague :D

But this only happened in first match.

Hit detection with M1 attacks is great but i think sometimes the puke didnt hit when it should.

And when you destroy pallets, it fells the destroy animation stucks a little bit, so it takes longer.

Hope this helps a bit.

Sorry for my bad english btw

Bye

• luizedu9
    luizedu9 Member Posts: 21

I was legion. Someone was taken of the hook. but he character got stuck on the hook, I hit him, then he teleport like 10 meters away from the hook downed.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

If its going to be dedicated servers the game needs some kind of lag compensation. The hits look even funkier than they do on p2p with you getting hit from what looks like even farther away than before.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Revert it back already! It's clearly nowhere near finished.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

I played a game as Spirit a little while ago, and it seemed fine. I honestly don't see a difference; performance was as-expected. Grabbed two people off gens, even!

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536

Connection is very inconsistent, one game you have 40-50 ping the next you have 140-200 ping, when the connection is on the good side for the most part it performs pretty well, however despite your ping all killer powers seem to have a large delay, and can cost you the game. On the survivor side, it is usually either unnoticeable or hell on earth, no in between. Overall better than it was in the PTB, but still needs a lot of work.

• SnyprLife
    SnyprLife Member Posts: 63

As survivor i get around 50 ping usually but for some reason as killer i get over 100 every lobby. Also as survivor hits don't always look like they connect.

• Luloco51
    Luloco51 Member Posts: 13

as killer i get 50-100 ping it feels smooth and all but before my survivors get randomly dc of the match but now im the person who get dc instead of the suvivors as survivor you get more easy hit in windows and pallet and randomly getting dc i hope my issue get fixed

• Server setting need to be change back to the way they was on the last part of the PTB they worked better then....

• majkolin
    majkolin Member Posts: 1
    1. - Clown threw lotion like 10 meters away from me, I did not scream but exhausted status appearet - i got killed.
    2. - Huntress was throwing hatchets through the wall
    3. womiting princess was womiting behind the walls with same mechanic like huntress witch hatchets.

Good luck with that. I am done

• jordirex
    jordirex Member Posts: 204

I play only Huntress. Feedback:

Sometimes I see for less than a second the animation of someone being hit by a hacthet, but right after using dead hard and avoiding the hatchet (that is pretty discourteous and annoying).

Some soft short lags during the game, not that common to be a major problem, but still something to improve.

I don't like at all that the host disconnects from the chat that quickly. I don't know if it has a timer or it's done when every surv leaves lobby (or the killer).

In overall dedicated servers work well

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

I keep being hit by Huntresses without their hatchets ever making contact on my screen, most of the same huntresses have complained about their hits not connecting when they should (obviously I can't confirm that side)

I've also been hit over vaults, pallet or otherwise while my feet are firmly planted on the otherside and I'm moving away by killers that were, on my screen, not even close to the vault. (This is especially frustrating at pallets where that should be impossible no matter what.)

• TortoiseGod
    TortoiseGod Member Posts: 3

As a killer I was rubber banding around because of high ping. And killer ques are to long to leave and look for another. please revert

• crowscythe13
    crowscythe13 Member Posts: 15

So first off I like dedicated server I think it will help, but after play of killer match I will have to say this, A) with dedicated server it ######### over people like me who have ######### internet and can’t do anything about. Out of 7 games of killer 5 of them ended with my internet dcing me and me not getting anything for the match because of it. This has never happened to me as killer until dedicated server happened and what I think should happen is have it reward people who are dc’ed to internet issues while not giving anything to people who leave the game to there own will. Because people who want to play the game but have bad internet can’t control it and suffer thanks to dedicated servers. B) while playing there are still hit box thing that ######### me such as huntress hatchet clearly hitting but not doing damage or plague vomit not doing anything. C) with dedicated server another thing you could do is if killer is having internet issues the game pauses for a couple seconds and if it isn’t fixed then the killer dc because it unfair to people with bad internet to play killer then instantly dc with no warning. I know it’s going to happen to me because my game screen freezes then it says I dc and I get nothing from it. What I want is a way for people with something they can’t control to not get punished after waiting for 15-20 minutes to find a lobby and getting nothing out of it.

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458

nope it was like i gen grab when i should have miss

the experience was mediocre sometime it was okay and sometime it's very bad, need to work on those server

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

My killer matches have been great but I am only one state away from the East Coast server.

• kevnsanity
    kevnsanity Member Posts: 3

Just a question first:

Why is everyone being forced to test dedicated servers on the live servers when they are nowhere near ready?

1. Myers can stalk through walls for an entire tier. His bar also regresses a bit when he stops stalking.
    2. A lot of nonsense hits-- even more so outside of regular dbd experience (both evident in chainsaw hits, hatchet hits, and normal killer attacks)
    3. Killer still lags
    4. Loads of de-sync
    5. Why is everyone being forced to test dedicated servers on the live servers when they are nowhere near ready?
  • kevnsanity

Not to be a jerk, but if you know your internet is crap, you shouldn't be playing killer, as you are the host, and it ruins the entire experience for anyone trying to play in your match.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    edited October 2019

The servers are just horrible. Revert back too the one with the Demogorgon PTB because those servers were great. These servers have surviviors:

1: Clip through the Killer

2: Teleport small distances, making it hard too hit them.

3: Make Killers hits go through people half the time and still miss, or I'll completely wiff it and they still take damage.

Honestly, you guys have testers, but nothing ever feels tested. These servers feel rushed and half baked, which is a shame because they could Improve the game's health 10 fold.

• rolame2hermana
    rolame2hermana Member Posts: 5

Hi, im from mexico, so sorry for my bad english.

Here, as killer, ive noticed, in general, survivors connection its going better, before that i used to see people playing in pings beetween 45 & 450 latest days after the last update, but now i see people ~~130 &150, that's honestly not bad, i mean that is my usual ping as survivor, then like killer the downgrade is obvious, but i preeffer play against players whose have the same ping that me, that play against players with ping of 200 or 300 who dissconnects or suicide at the first chance they have, making the game more boring to all of us.

An issue that ive noticed as killer, cuz i play mostly killer, its that i hit more "fakehits" than before.

I hope u can fix it as soon posible, but i really trust we can reach the max performance of the dedicated servers

I <3 BeHvr

• jayden1234
    jayden1234 Member Posts: 1

Just want to get the game it is so awesome but i don't know what to do i sign in but 😢😢😢

• GVoidV2
    GVoidV2 Member Posts: 2

Here's what I noticed:

Ping always in 70s; not much of an issue. I live in the Bay Area, CA.

Huntress hatchets have way too much desync. It's incredble sometimes and it makes it irratating to go against them.

Other than that, I legit didn't even notice. I think if dedicated servers had a wider area of reach then most people wouldnt have the issues they are having now.

Are the dedicated servers hosted at your HQ or set up around the world? If so, where are the server locations?

• sekkima
    sekkima Member Posts: 194

The same problems as all the previous comments, I think the problem cannot be solved with the code, it is the connection, very few locations, I understand that there are servers in the United States and Brazil ... and in Central America?

The question is, why were they activated in the public game if they already knew the problems ?, I can not imagine that others like Fortnite or LOL put things without trying them, I hope they publish when they deactivate the dedicated servers, now I see why many people leave the game, they seem to be unable to solve problems and only add more together with their cosmetics.

• kevnsanity

EXACTLY THIS. it makes NO sense why they put dedicated servers alpha testing on live servers. No consent. Not on a PTB. But on LIVE servers. It's evident that they don't play their own game.

• Nenkie
    Nenkie Member Posts: 43
    edited October 2019

The killer is stuned and in the oposite side of the pallet but I'm getting hit anyways, also dead hard seems useless, it always register the hit first.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,187
    edited October 2019

I haven't noticed anything game-breaking. My ping is about 50ms. Projectiles with Plague felt fine. I've noticed some occasional input lag, and there are times where my weapon swings just felt off and I was shocked they didn't connect. Almost like I somehow swung short. I have ~900 hrs playtime, so it'll take a bit for my muscle memory to adjust for latency on killer. Issues for me have been few and far between though. Definitely not a "sky is falling" scenario like many are claiming. 95% of the game felt normal. My verdict: Good job. Looking forward to the finished product.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

Literally every problem that dedicated servers were intended to fix are unchanged or worse.

Hit detection: So many more unfair hits where you were literally already running away from a vault and still get hit by a killer that swings at it (and Im not talking them hitting you through the window because you were still close to it Im talking you werent even close to the window anymore or were on the other side of the pallet already. Dead hard works even less than it does on p2p. On servers I use dead hard get exhausted and then proceed to go down before the dash even happens 10x more often than I do on p2p.

DCs: Changes to stop this literally not implemented yet.

Bugs: So many more bugs

Playing Killer: Grabs inconsistent as ######### (already buggy on p2p). Minor rubber banding.

• Itq
    Itq Member Posts: 29
    edited October 2019

DH feels a lot worse with dedicated servers.

I get exhausted, but still got hit. Same thing happened with p2p but with dedicated servers that shouldn't be possible. If i get exhausted and server registers that I used DH, (immune to hit) then how server can register hit as hit?

Hits trough pallets and windows feels worse too.

On Nurse there is moments when I get weird speed boost instead fatigue after blinks.

Pretty much what @SkeletalElite said. Everything what servers were intented to fix is actually worse.

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

I was pleasantly surprised after watching the videos depicting horrible lag. I didn't have any issues that I noticed.

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

Dead Hard doesn't make you immune to hits. There are no Iframes. It only boost you forward.