Why are some killer mains in denial of camping/tunneling?

13»

Comments

• MemberBerry
    MemberBerry Member Posts: 394

Nobody bats an eye when survivors tbag, click flashlights and run to broken loops. But when killers camp everyone loses their minds -___-

• ahandfulofrain
    ahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528

Why are some survivor mains in denial of genrush?

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

I mean, against 4DS 2 dead hard and 2 lithe, can you really blame them for doing anything required to get the 4k? And succeeding??

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

You get less chase points, and less hit points. I also personally enjoy chases so I don't like cutting them short by going straight for the unhooked survivor. I will knock them down and leave them if I see them, but then go straight for the unhooker.

Camping is viable, at the right times. But almost never early game.

Play how you want, it really doesn't matter

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

I think trying to school/lecture other players is you trying to belittle them in most cases. Mostly because the strategy they did or did not use ended up proving too difficult to overcome. Chances are it wasn't really more difficult you just adopt a risky playstyle which makes it easy for the other side. Talking broadly about it, not on this occasion from the original post.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

I'm just making up the 10 seconds. What I'm saying is that they are just waiting for them to unhook you so that they can come back and hit you instantly. Of course people shouldn't save you after 10 seconds.

Think of it like this: I'm playing billy on rotten fields. After hooking someone I just loop around the map with my chainsaw and waiting for them to save the person on the hook so that I can come back with my chainsaw and instantly down them again.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

And if the billy is sniping hooks, you should be pressuring him to check generators.

FFS, do you want me to spoon-feed you everything?

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

I don't want you to explain anything :)

Just saying killers do this in red ranks and its annoying to go against.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

Camping/tunneling should not be as profitable as it. The reason it is comes down to the survivors being bad not the killer. To many survivors DC when things don't go their way, attempt to escape from the hook few a survivor is a few feet away, hook suicide when being camp and lastly stand around doing nothing but waiting for the killer to leave the hook instead of doing gens.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

Bring a insta heal into my games and I'll tunnel & camp you. i love to be as toxic as you can be :P

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

My goodness how many times do we need to cover this. The devs had said it's a legit strategy, yet try to isolate it with perks, but kind of take two steps back for every step forward.

Make your choice is both an anti-camp and a camp perk. It promotes the exact thing a lot of survivor are complaining about here. You go just far enough away, but have to go right back after the unhook.

Just deal with it. I swear people on here are masochists. If you're not having fun, play something else for a while.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

I see a lot of DS, Adrenaline and Dead Hard, but not a single BT.

The game offer plenty of tools to deal with camping and tunneling.

If you refuse to use them, it's only you to blame.

It is also your fault to reward the killer with a 3k for camping.

If he really just camps, enjoy your free escape and sacrifice one teammate. If you really would care you would have brought BT.

• thisrandomguy
    thisrandomguy Member Posts: 142
    edited October 2019

A person on a hook being camped is basically a killer being afk in a certain area of a map where you "can't" get survivor.

You said you had 3 gens to do

Gens take 80 seconds

An entire hook till' death is 120 seconds.

You and along with your 2 other teammates can do all 3 gens in 80 seconds and still have a remaining 60 seconds to do whatever you want.

Exit gates

Actually try saving

Then leave.

In the game you were in,

4 DS with all survivors running exhaustion perks against a ghostface who doesn't really have a good set of perks. Almost every map has enough pallets to run through 5 gens. Especially an M1 killer like ghostface. You had more than enough to just royally destroy a killer that camps.

If you all really got killed with one narrowly escaping then there's no excuse besides GIT GUD.

Post edited by thisrandomguy on
  • UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

I agree with you. Alot of the roster on Killer side need alot of help. The Top Killers are the ones that can make plays without waiting on someone to mess up... and everyone wants them nerfed...

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

Feeding into a killer camping is like feeding this thread. Our own damn fault but the devs say we are free to do so.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

I love the hag and her synergy with MYC.

So naturally I put down a trap, when I hook someone, if not pre-trap the hook in my preparations.

So is it my fault that you don't crouch for the unhook or don't use your flashlight besides clicking at me? I don't think so.

And about the unhooked...if you run around like a headless chicken and trigger a trap, you go down with a teleport hit, even before I realize that's you again.

Sometimes I take pity on those headless chickens and let them go, but more often they just run around the map to again run back into me...in that case I will smack you.

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited October 2019

There is nothing to deny. Camping and tunneling are a valid part of the game and will be long after you quit.

• What’s the point of a killer if they are not allowed to kill someone?

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172

Thing is;

Tunneling: Doesn't always happen on purpose. Sometimes we just follow the first scratchmarks we find and sadly it was you.

Camping : Often mistaken with "Patrolling" which is completly fine.

Face camping: Even tho you can unhook from the sides, the killer can grab you. Which means this is a reprehensible act imo.