Why the sudden hate?

I now noticed a lot of negativity towards the spirit. But the question is why? Is it because she's good and has an actual snowball chance to take down a 4 stack SWF? She's not that over powered, she just has good mobility. She can't even get over a window while using her ability. Sure she has good tracking abilities, but there's good survivor perks to counter it. Iron will, so on and so on. She isn't even that oppressive... A good nurse is oppressive and any killer who's good at the killer can still win games.

So what's going to be next? Plague? Any killer that actually can do a decent job?

Comments

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

My poor Rinny Rin Rin 💜

• Huntress4Life
    Huntress4Life Member Posts: 48

I play killer and survivor on and off mostly, and I dunno what the problem is with adrenaline is. Gen times could be better tbh, or at least more tolerable on both sides, and decisive is honestly fine as it is. It punishes you for focusing down and being an dick to someone

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

What you say is mostly true but there is a ds or gen times complaint almost every day. Most killer mains accuse survivors of wanting just easy games but in reality they do the exact same thing.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 449

It's all the same thing; a coin flip and prayer beads. Sure, prayer beads could have a nerf to being silent to having a bit of a sound to it. But it boils down to the fact they just want someone they can bully and get easier wins again.

• nerfeverything
    nerfeverything Member Posts: 52

Because people would rather something be nerfed than to have to actually learn. That's this community for you.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 449

Adrenaline is whatever imo. DS is annoying in the fact if everyone is on their third hook and you pick up one person who's downed and then they just DS but say "oh you're just tunneling."

• Wubsyy__
    Wubsyy__ Member Posts: 116

It wasn't all that sudden, really.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

I'm guessing that with the news that Nurse was going to have an addon rework most of the Meta Killer Mains started to switch to Spirit out of fear the nurse would be ruined

Add on to the fact Spirit is much easier to play than Nurse, and you got a lot of survivors complaining about Spirit now because a lot of players are running spirit

Personally, I feel the second chance perk/insta heal meta needs to be tweaked before any sort of "nerf" is applied to the Spirit

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

So you didnt read any arguments and didnt understand any of them. Thats sad. Also that you never saw how the opinions were since release.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

We counter doctors and nurses without perks reliably now? Hrmm.

Also, it's only a coin flip if you lack the required materials for a mindgame.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    edited October 2019

Once changes are made about previous issues, people will find something else that bothers them.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited October 2019

I think the only people that have an issue are those who don't understand what we mean by a "mind game".

I get the impression that most people play the mind games only superficially. In anotherwords, they look at the situation as it is now and don't look at what happened at the past several loops to establish a pattern of behavior. So they can't see past the current loop they are struggling with.

You see this when you go up against bad nurses who keep falling for the double-back trick. These are the people who can't remember that the last dozen blinks you double back so you keep wasting their time. They're slaves to their flowchart-gaming and just go on automatic without engaging their brain until something finally switches on in their head and they finally try a short blink expecting the double back.

I feel like a majority of the survivor playerbase fell into this flowchart gaming as it's been mindless to survive for so long. They never had to "Switch on" and adapt themselves accordingly.

Those who really get into the mind game are remembering the last several loops they ran against their opponants and looking for a pattern they can adapt to and and exploit for an opening. The experts are thinking even further, they're anticipating where the next loop is and planning their routes.

I'm not saying there isn't certain things about her that aren't problematic (Collision during Spirit Beads for sure is stupid... and it's debatable she even needs player collision when phasing to be any good if she can hear you while phased). But to absolutely refuse to adapt and at least try new things to go up against her is absolutely unacceptable to me.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

They mean like "Is she using her power? Or just faking it? Is she vaulting or not" Stuff like that are just a coin-flip.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Plague doesn't do a good job...

• FrenziedRoach

For the first couple loops, yes.

But after that, you establish a pattern of behavior and start working around it.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,339

Simple things like animations that literally every other killer in the game has, is for some reason too much to ask for from a Spirit. Every killer in the game has visual animations when they're using their power, as well as oftentimes audio cues. A huntress pulling back a hatchet has the hatchet VISUALLY wind up as well as the audible grunting. The lack of an animation for vaulting is just kinda silly since she DOES have an animation on HER end.

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624
    edited October 2019

Because Spirit is on the same level against good SWF teams. They don't like strong killers. And yes, after the Nurse nerf they will nerf Spirit, and then survivors will jump at Billy and Plague

Post edited by PoisonN on
  • StupidPallets
    StupidPallets Member Posts: 395

Spirit is fine, but Survivors arent really used to being challenged. They have their Survivor Rule Book and they are entitled. So their standards are so low for Killer that when a Killer is actually decent, they have a tough time.

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

That uh. Isn't at all even remotely close to what it means but ok bud.

• PickCollins

1. After sounds were fixed, it was a massive indirect buff to Spirit. This is what sparked the idea that she's too strong.

2. Playing against her isn't a mindgame, it's a coinflip heavily biased in her favor.

3. Stridor makes the game ez mode since it counters Iron will. You would need to stack iron will and no mither to counter Stridor.

4. Prayer beads is OP and needs to be nerfed (increasing the rarity means nothing. It needs a real feasible nerf)

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Because they can't bully her like everyone below the top 3

• PickCollins

Except you aren't emblematic of all killer mains. Your sentiment might be reasonable (I actually agree. Adrenaline and DS are fine but gen times needs some serious addressing bc it's ridiculous that Ruin is such a core perk) but just bc you associate yourself with killers does not mean your opinion is representative of all killer players.

The fact of the matter is that there are plenty of killers who complain about adrenaline, gen times, and Decisive strike for all the wrong reasons. And there are Surviviors who complain about things like Nurse, Doctor, and Plague for all the wrong reasons. But they are 100% right to set their scope on Spirit here. She's one of the big 3. The big 3 strongest killers in the game. The bastions that stand against the might of a 4 man coordinated SWF team. Now they should probably buff underperforming killers like Plague, Legion, Doctor, Pig, Bubba, and probably even Hag tbh. But it's a simple sentiment. If something is OP, nerf it. If its UP, buff it.

• shooter507
    shooter507 Member Posts: 10

I don't get it either, Nothings changed and now people decide to dc when I play her. Seriously its like when legion came out. Why do survivors act so childish and rage quit bc a killer they dont like is against them

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Plague? Who complains about Plague? I believe she’s a pretty strong killer if utilized correctly but Hag, Billy, Demogorgon, and Huntress are arguably stronger. I rarely see players complain that Plague is too strong.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

You can't mindgame what you can't see. Even against Nurse you can see in which direction she can blink and how long she has charged her blink for. Against Spirit you might just be able to make out her footsteps but most of the time not due to the loud chase music.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@Sairek This so much.

Nobody bothers to read anymore before they make these threads.

For me personally, the core problem I find with her is her ability to hear. It’s too good. Too good that her weakness which is to not be able to see survivors becomes pointless. You can easily track someone through their grunts/sounds, this even with iron will.

My suggestion would be that maybe the survivors’ sound have like an echo effect so she in order to pin point where they are she has to kind of guess.

Thats just been my experience playing as and against her.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    edited October 2019

The decisive comment is true, but it can also be weaponised by survivors.

SWF in particular use decisive in conjunction with borrowed time to get saves that they should not be able to get, or they use it to interfere with a chase and block the killer from downing their team mate.

It is also just plain unfair when they just run into you because they were not looking and you can't do anything but leave them there or eat the stun and lose emblem progress.

As for the topic, spirit is boring to play against if they have decent sound equipment. They can hear you moving or groaning if injured.

If they want to balance her then they need to force the chase music to continue to play while in phase mode if it was already playing when the spirit entered it.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

My problem with Spirit is that I find her incredibly unfun too fight. Her power is fine base, but once you start adding Addons it just becomes a chore and a half. I sometimes feel it's complete luck if I get away from a Spirit instead of it being from actual skill/mindgames.

And Prayer beads just needs too be deleted. It's completely overpowered and no side should be forced too use a perk just too counter a build you may not even run into on a killer you may not face.

• BunnyTheHutt

Not with good Spirits. good Spirits will mix up their mindgames, and make it impossible too predict their movements.

• BottledWater
    BottledWater Member Posts: 248

Gen times are no fun for either side if a game is over even before you could see the Killer it will be boring as ######### which I had several times now, Adrenaline is a mega crutch perk and is just annoying to deal with because you can't deal with it, DS is still DS an unfun perk that now has somewhat of a proper use but is still far to strong

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Well, noed is also a mega crutch perk if you ask me. My point is that killers complain just as much as survivors.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Hey people are quick to assume because of this situation that coincidentally has happened

Survivors: "nerf nurse blah blah"

Bhvr: nerfing nurse

Survivors: "nerf spirit!!"

the trend will continue...

• FrenziedRoach

For once, you are correct (about the complaining)

Which is a good sign the game is actually pretty close to balanced as both sides are complaining.

Only reason I consider nerfing Spirit as you aren't hearing a lot of of people call her underpowered - and that's a big red flag for me.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Spirit doesn't really have a consistently or reliable counter unlike other killers, that's why most people find her unfun to verse.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

So good spirits can fool you and bad ones are easy to counter, seems like a good power level

• BunnyTheHutt

No, if a strong Spirit is incredibly hard, if not impossible too counter, then there is a problem. The game should be fair for both sides, not completely one sided like Spirit is right now.