White Ward Doesn't Do Enough

Options

Kinda annoying to lose items even with a White Ward just because the killer was using Franklin's Demise. It is a little unfair that you lose a very rare offering and a Ultra Rare Item with Addons because of a single perk.

Basically making this post out of frustration but I would like to see some changes which allow items to be protected from Franklin's Demise.

Comments

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited October 2019
    Options

How would you propose they fix it?

What if you drop an item due to Franklin's Demise, and then somebody else picks it up and exits, and/or you pick up a different item? What if you drop an item of your own will, to trade with another survivor?

There are so many actions, both voluntary and involuntary, that go beyond the bounds of what the White Ward offering is intended to do. The game can't read your past or future intentions when you drop an item. It is what it is, and items aren't all that precious as to make this an issue anyway.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Also: You can walk back to the item and pick it back up. It's not like it vanishes.

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698
    edited October 2019
    Options

That is very unfortunate and I get how frustrating that is. What you can try to do next time, is after you pick it up again OR when you know he has franklins, jump into a locker. Let's say he hits you, you manage to get the item again. Jump into a locker before he hits you again, and it won't count as a hit, but a grab. And that way you won't lose the item to the ground. This gives you at least another option to work with.

Or if it's a killer like bubba or billy, their chainsaw and specials won't count either, so you could intentionally try to get hit with those instead... not that that's really better... in general you don't want to get hit, but if you are really worried about the item. Just saying.

Item's come and go, just take it as a learning experience, so chin up! :)

• Irvin
    Irvin Member Posts: 130
    Options

That I am unsure of, as you have stated it would too easily be abused by someone else picking up the item. So I have no idea tbh its just kinda frustrating to lose a kit plus a white ward and end up with nothing

• Irvin
    Irvin Member Posts: 130
    Options

Thanks for the tips, its more frustrating than anything.