Q&A: 3.3.0 PTB

Peanits
Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

Got a question about the upcoming mid-chapter update (or PTB)? Ask it here! We'll answer some of the best questions below.

Please keep your question on topic.

We will not be answering questions unrelated to the update in this Q&A.

Limit of one question per person.

Thank you!

Comments

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,369

Will the archive tomes and rift levels be harder to complete as you progress? I personally hope not as although you do get interesting and exciting rewards, I feel as though it would just feel like another devotion feature.

• With nurses add-ons being tweaked will you now shift your addon focus to other characters (Doc, Pig, Legion, etc.).

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Will items on the rift become available for purchase after the rift expires? And if so, will they only be available for auric cells?

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Now that you reworked medkits and medkit add-ons, is there going to be updates on other "legacy" things in dbd to bring them up to date?

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

How did you determine that 3 seconds specifically was the best Number to use as the cooldown? As opposed to 2.5 or something. Was it a decision calculated from some base assumption or is it just because 3 is an easy and round number?

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696

Are we always expecting the same amount of free and paid cosmetics in the rift every tome or will each one be unique in its item count?

• Masusder
    Masusder Member Posts: 39

Are dedicated servers finally going to hit on mid-chapter or we need to wait a bit longer? 

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Not that Nurses addons have been treated when will Billy/Leatherface get their addon changes and in LF's case buffs/changes ?

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684

Do we need 2 bloodpoint farm addon(White Nit Comb and Dull Bracelet) for Nurse?

• Theoretical_Heart
    Theoretical_Heart Member Posts: 398

Is the lore in the archive going to be videos or text or both?

And will lore from Rift 1 still be available to view/read when a new Rift opens?

Also when do we get the Tony Hawk DLC ;D ?

• Grimbergoth
    Grimbergoth Member Posts: 293

Nurse Question :

Its clear from the add-ons that with the blink change that the devs know that her base speed is extremely slow that is why I assume they changed the add-ons to give her 4.2 and 4.6 speed like most the other killers .

Question is : is there any plans to just change her base speed rather then to make her a killer who requires certain add-ons ?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

What were the motives behind creating the Rift?

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

So my question is, what plans can we expect from the Archives? will the Reward be different every battle pass, or will it be the same video reward every time?

• Theoretical_Heart

How hard was it to pick only 2 survivors from Stranger Things with it's plethora of memorable heros?

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Any news on when we can expect dedicated servers or still fall?

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited October 2019

Looking at the content in the ptb Rift it didn't seem the cosmetics are linked in some way (except event ones). Will it always be that way or will we see Rifts with a main theme in the future?

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    edited October 2019

Although Spirit isnt part of the update a lot of people are now eyeing her due to the nerf of the nurse so i feel like this is somewhat relevant to the update, and a lot of people have been speculating of her future.

Do you believe the Spirit will be nerfed/worked on in the future?

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337

Are you considering making Spine Chill doesn’t work on the killer when the killer is in the undetectable status effect? Because that perk completely destroys Ghostface and makes his power almost useless..

• Theoretical_Heart

Will will see any licensed Charms btw? Like a Ghostface Mask or Freddy Glove or a Necronomicon?

Regardless, the charms are so cool I wanted to give a huge thank you for coming up with them!

• Happsta
    Happsta Member Posts: 79

Now that dedicated servers are closer to being constantly online, is there plans punish habitual D/C's?

I think survivor d/c's should count as a sacrifice, one reason to prevent a depip and secondly to make it so the hatch doesnt instantly open if the second survivor d/c's instead a ten second timer with the sacrifice sound que will play.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Why did you allow players to buy the event cosmetics already?

• STREAMERSHATEME
    STREAMERSHATEME Member Posts: 34
    edited October 2019

No one cared about the Nurses base kit, only the addon's? I have played nurse for well over 2000 HR now, and I feel like im being punished. Just take out the range addons, and increase the fatigue by 1 second or .5. What led to this change other then LOS breaking? This update makes nurse unplayable on maps like lerys, where blinking to catch people was already hard enough. TLDR: Revert the base kit as no one complained about it.

• Theoretical_Heart

We have spooky flashlights and spooky lunchpails... when do we get them spooky toolboxes?

• Tired_Bubba
    Tired_Bubba Member Posts: 21

Hello, I need your help in fixing an issue, I'm on PC and use steam to play dead by daylight, after updating it my home computer now switches offline when trying to even load into the menu the error message "Your steam status is offline" I haven't mess with game files or anything, I simply upgraded my computer and updated dead by daylight, please fix this cause I cannot play the game, it's Beginning to make me stress and worry that I'll need to get a new PC, if you can't patch it please give me a way to fix it, I've tried reinstalling the game, restarting my pc, switching steam from online to offline

I'm desperate for an answer, I just wanna play dbd and don't wish to factory reset my pc

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Since Medical Kits were changed (looking at specifically insta-heals), do you plan on changing keys or mori as well? :)

• Krustykerbz
    Krustykerbz Member Posts: 47

Since the recent nurse changes , will she be fixed on console so she blinks and behaves like nurse on pc?