We're Gonna Live Forever Rework Suggestion

Options

I feel like this perk needs to be changed regarding how a survivor acquires a stack/charge. I think that this perk should award survivors a stack for every generator they themselves complete (staying on a gen until fully completed not 100% of a gen worth). I feel like the current way to gain a stack/charge is poorly implemented. The first issue is that it promotes farming survivors to gain multiple stacks/charges. Also taking a hit for a survivor usually doesn't work half the time unless the survivor is on the shoulder of the killer. Additionally, I don't understand the reasoning for there to be a perk that promotes a team of survivors failing.

BBQ is a perk that I believe is done right when discussing the bloodpoint gain stacks/charges. BBQ rewards the killer for completing his objective, which is to hook survivors. I believe that the perk We're Gonna Live Forever should work the same and reward survivors for completing their objective, which is generators. I can understand the argument for saves and body blocking being an objective, but farming is a real issue and perks shouldn’t promote poor play by rewarding survivors with additional bloodpoints.

Comments

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    Options
    Yeah farming is an issue and you can't refuse a stack for when the game thinks your farming them because what about the times when there isn't a choice but idk about gens. It doesn't go with davids story and way of thinking. David does anything for his few friends so altruism should give a stack.

what about 5 max tokens each giving 20% blood points end game 1 token for healing another survivor 100% 1 token for taking a hit when they are on the killers shoulder or on the ground and maybe 2 tokens for saving a survivor off the hook outside of the killers terror radius. This way it would stop people from insta saving while also making it possible to get max stacks if the killer camps the hook

just a thought. Maybe I'm thinking too much idk
  • Lmatt
    Lmatt Member Posts: 11
    Options

@xxaggieboyxx said:
    Yeah farming is an issue and you can't refuse a stack for when the game thinks your farming them because what about the times when there isn't a choice but idk about gens. It doesn't go with davids story and way of thinking. David does anything for his few friends so altruism should give a stack.

what about 5 max tokens each giving 20% blood points end game 1 token for healing another survivor 100% 1 token for taking a hit when they are on the killers shoulder or on the ground and maybe 2 tokens for saving a survivor off the hook outside of the killers terror radius. This way it would stop people from insta saving while also making it possible to get max stacks if the killer camps the hook

just a thought. Maybe I'm thinking too much idk

I would definitely like to see at least the ability to gain a token from healing a survivor. Making the change to only give tokens when not in the killer's terror radius sounds like a good idea, but doctor proves to be an issue with that. Maybe change it to within a certain distance from the killer.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Options
    Why not double the percentage to 50% and max tokens 2 so you get the 100% bump much more easily.  Then award the unhooking token with the same logic as the emblem - token is removed if the unhooked surv is downed again within 15 seconds.  This would remove the hook farming but also further encourage appropriate altruism and BT builds to actually help other survivors.
  • Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    edited July 2018
    Options

There needs to be a penalty to BP for farming, which currently does not exist. It should work similar to benevolence, where you get 1 token if the unhooked player has not been downed within 15 seconds of being unhooked, and you should lose a token (going into the negative if need be) if the player is downed. Negative tokens should provide a maximum 75% loss of BP, but the token counter should have no negative limit. That would end the use of WGLF as a farming tool.

• HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181
    Options

I have seen people "farm" a.k.a. not knowing how to play a lot, none of them had the perk. People who play like that either don't know any better or are just jerks.
    I use the perk on my main and it never changed how I play, the only time I rescue someone from a hook when the killer is nearby is when it's their last chance or the killer is occupied with a chase, and yes I even run into the killer to save my injured team mate. Killed me a few times, but hey, that's how it goes.