We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

What makes you think "I won" in DBD?

Options
Carlosylu
Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

Not everyone plays for the escape, pips, etc. I thought it would be interesting to know what the community feels as a "I had a good game" experience

What makes you think "I won" in DBD? 280 votes

Safe pip-ing
2%
Slaughterhouse3kisfenkinStarMoralRicardiBacardiAwakeyRydogPredator3174PLKacperLenczewski 8 votes
Pip-ing up
15%
Spaceportal117OnryosTapeRentalsYodremashGamer00TheRealHansGruberBhazgrimbrokedownpalaceAztreonam78Aven_FallenNutty_ProfessorbubbascalAkiTheKittenantgnstea[Deleted User]NobsydeDreskiDarkskiessensualsatanLiannetAngryFluffy 43 votes
Escaping AND piping
6%
TemoriTooKoolFoUFibijean6yXJI0TherapySlotharslaNJustJessNegiNyphiaBoosted_DwightBjarioPhoxStardustSpeedwayDicklayciagaydavidkingTangeroLuke9810 17 votes
Escaping (regardless of if you black piped or more)
8%
Twenties20kaStevodbdjackSpacingLlamasgrayon444xGREENCATxse05239grtf47SpiderTashAxX7891SkeletalEliteNuclearBurritonunadventuresThirtyMak0DrVeloxcityDustyDan31Mattie_MayhemOGruler33PGJSF 24 votes
4 Escapes (all team survived
3%
go1gothaMilordoTheGorgonVictoryDecember_1863liarcyASAPTurtleMarcuriefernandoIcewhisper 10 votes
4k as killer
9%
NoFaceSN1P3R5G3TH3ADSblitcherKnex4545TheAtomicPsychoChaotic_RiddleZwyczajneKonto123320camgaming_dbdBenZ0rd_dexKathecruLirulinielFishFry247Dr_LoomisRaven014Hey_Its_JamesCreepingcam1070ThxForFacecampingluizedu9Rin_is_my_waifu 26 votes
3k or more as killer
16%
myers_obsessionMc_HartyAltimaSR9619KebekMister_xDBlueberryVolfawottCetrenTriggered55MiriamGAcesthetiicGoodBoyKaruAkhatenXpikselermsythekiller490490starkiller1286Cancan71MisterCremasteranarchy753 46 votes
2k or more as killer
7%
HorsePowerWINTERSkatoptrisWickedMilk03Stormhaven13AshleyWBBravo0413BBQnDemogorgonIcemanATOMIC_ACE_PUGGKillermainBTWm8ChordycepsNo_Name1535MysticAdvisorAhoyWolfgraveyard_7777HuntressIsMyFavXDIceCreamPrincessUlvenDagothHellbent 22 votes
Making opponent(s) rage (either as a camper, tunneler, looper survivor, etc.)
4%
MiserellaTucking_FriggeredReynnAuron471dfrenchieeGodNapShadowReaper118obot1cHeldHostageasdi_vasdiMcLispYTroostan 12 votes
None of the above (write yours in comments)
25%
BossdarthtimsterScottJundDarkside84White_OwlArk_the_BonsaiGibberishBongRips4WraithIhatelifeLaakeriMercuryTWiXTGrimbergothGalklifeVolantConch1719SleepyWilloPolarBearShirokuroMegMain98Kilmeran 72 votes

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,186
    Options
    Pip-ing up

Pipping for me. I dont need to escape as Survivor as long as I pip. Same for Killer, I cannot bother to slug for a 4K, so I hope I pip with the 3K.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Pip-ing up

I do play as that when I'm a killer, and it freaking gets on my nerves sometimes... Lol

As survivor, I only play for the pip

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,270
    Options
    Pip-ing up

I'm just gonna vote for pipping, as any other victory condition I might subscribe to isn't "objective" in any way and can vary depending on what I'm doing. If you pip, it usually means you did something, if we ignore stuff like doing the bare minimum then camping hatch or how silly emblems can be for killers in red ranks.

I used to be a very everything-or-nothing player. If I didn't escape/4k, then I lost. For me personally it was quite simply not a healthy mindset for me to have, as I'd get really mad at stuff like hatch escapes and NOED, to the point where I could quickly lose all will to play after a handful of "bad games".

Obviously I try to escape and kill everyone, but I'll also sacrifice myself to save someone else and usually refrain from slugging for 4k and such as I'd much rather just get into a new game ASAP. My personal opinion of course.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options
    3k or more as killer

3ks is a win for me but i care less about that as long as i had fun and the survivors got a decent amount of time ingame to get points

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

DEVOUR HOPE CARNAGE!

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,979
    Options

Points to a degree. While I'm not gonna go out of my way to farm points, games that end so fast that no one made any points just seem like a waste of time...even if I 4k. Sometimes on games like that, I might "accidentally" drop someone and "accidentally" lose sight of them, so they can go fetch their downed/hooked teammates and we can continue for abit longer.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,868
    Options
    3k or more as killer

The way I see it, 3+ kills = Killer wins, 0-1 kills = Survivors win, 2 kills = draw.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited October 2019
    Options

Same as these guys.

As Killer and survivor, Regardless of how many players die (including myself), Getting more points than all of the other players, and at least 1 PiP is a win in my book.

It's easier to do this as survivor than it is as killer, but it all boils down to the idea that If I did my part, earned good points in all categories despite how the match went, and what I earned is greater than anyone else on the team, then I'm the MVP. I always aim to achieve 25k+ in BP and at least 1 PiP, no matter the role I play. It's just more fun when you can die or the entire survivor team escapes, but you have the most points because your participation gave everybody one hell of an exciting match.

• Theoretical_Heart
    Theoretical_Heart Member Posts: 398
    Options

I answered none of the above. Because it changes depending on if there is an event going, how badly I'm getting looped, how badly I'm getting farmed ect...

It also depends on my goal that session. If I'm just chilling I don't really think in terms of losing or winning, I'm just playing. If I'm trying to rank up its if I pip or not.

But if got looped or stealthed for 2 or more gens as killer I just camp and consider even a single sacrifice a victory.

If I'm running Plunderer's it's if escaped with a new item.

If I brought a flashlight it's if I got a flashlight save.

If brought We'll Make It it's if I hook saved and healed others.

It's really dependent on all kinds of things.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    Options

None of the above. For me, it's BP. If I earn over a certain amount, usually a goal I set for myself, then I won. Otherwise, I lost.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

For me, if both sides had fun it's a 100% win.

If I only had fun, it's about 50% tbh. I prefer having both sides have fun and try their hardest if their team is coordinated. I don't like playing against overly sweaty players, but if the team or Killer is pretty decent or very good and i'm feeling up for the challenge than i'll enjoy it.

If I face overly sweaty killers all the time than the experience isn't fun to me anymore, and the same goes for teams that try... too hard in a game.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 637
    Options

Lol idk but honestly, i won if i had fun and a good time regardless of the kills or if i escape. nothing more there is to say. its a game so enjoy yourselves

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,758
    Options
    3k or more as killer

3k+, I couldn't care less about pips

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326
    Options

Two things, that's all.

Was it a fair game for both sides and did we have fun?

Did I get a lot of Bloodpoints?

That's a win for me.

If all had fun and everyone escaped or died I had fun either way.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Enjoying the only half decent horror game that's not a single player story.

And meeting new people.

• ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,113
    Options

If I had fun, I won. There's no other reason to play the game.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    Options

Having fun.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,972
    Options

Literally just having fun. As survivor, if I get destroyed by a killer who isn't tunneling or camping anyone and is just outplaying us, I'm cool. If I have a few good chases and die, I'm cool. If I escape, cool but I don't need to.

As killer, as long I get some good mind games in and some cheeky hits, I'm good. I don't I've ever got no kills at all so I've been happy with 1k games as well as 4k games.

Pips and rank mean nothing to me. I just want a fun game. To chase and to be chased.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options
    Safe pip-ing

"Won" is a pretty nebulous label, but I tend to accept safety pipping as an adequate performance. I'm merely treading water, yes, but I am not experiencing a setback.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options
    3k or more as killer

for me its escaping as survivor and killing the majority of survivors as killer.

0 - 1 kill is a loss

2 kills is a draw

3 - 4 kills is a win

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,731
    Options

escaping for me is a win and 2k kills is a killer win in my books

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,244
    Options
    Pip-ing up

Pip'ing.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

When the other team has fun

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

I wrote in none because the answers vary given the situation. I always find a way to win.

I escaped? I won.

The person I saved escaped and I’m dead? I won.

I got a 1-4K? I won.

I got more than 2 stacks? I won.

I got decent bp? I won.

I beat my challenge? I won.

I got event progress? I won.

I was the only survivor to not dc? I won on principle.

The only times I feel like I lost is if I lose/not gain any bp, if I get <5k bp, if I get tunneled and moried right away, and if survivors bully me or purposely deny me points especially with streamers.

• Grimbergoth
    Grimbergoth Member Posts: 293
    Options

none of the above , I won if I have a good game , something that was neither too long or short , something that wasn't toxic and instead fun , to me that is a win no matter how many live or dies .

Maybe it is because there are so few games that the after math isn't someone trash talking and instead actually talking because they had a good game . for me I play to have a good time , if its too easy its not fun , if it seems impossible its not fun , a win is actualy having fun and not feeling like I have to stress about the game .

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options
    Pip-ing up

GIMME MY PIPS

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

You know it. 😎

• ArksnaVixone
    ArksnaVixone Member Posts: 30
    Options

I just want my BBQ Stacks and if im a survivor i just want bloodpoints and my teamates safe, i dont care if i die.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options
    3k or more as killer

How I dictate if I win or not is simple. 0-1K is a loss, 2K is a tie, 3-4K is a win. If we went with if you pipped or not then most people would have a less then 50% win rate. The ranking system is bad, because i've gotten 4k before at 5 gens (one died on the ground because I couldn't find him) and I depipped. Ranking system is dumb so I don't go off of it.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452
    Options

Playing the game. Having fun. Playing a match without people being poor sports.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    edited October 2019
    Options

As survivor, escaping or getting the most BP. Or sacrificing myself to save someone else and they escape.

As killer, getting 4k, getting 3k and giving the last one the hatch, getting my BBQ 4-stack, or getting the most BP.

Or pipping, or getting an achievement, or completing a Daily Ritual, or just having a fun match. In DbD, a fun match is something to treasure.

Jeez, this is a complicated game, isn't it.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    Options
    2k or more as killer

IM fine getting 2ks. As long as I'm having fun.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

The nea errrr entity tells me if I win or lose...

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Escaping or 3/4king

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268
    Options

#1: Getting players safe from camping killer or at least sacrificing myself to take their place, I'm fine with that.

#2: BPs

#3: Pipping until I get to red ranks and then only regrets

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698
    Options

Getting all my stacks. Getting a good amount of BP.

Also just having a fun time in the match. Whether that's getting stacks or doing a great chase. Getting an amazing hit/dodge. Sometimes its just completing a steam achievement.

Definitely not about "escape or kills" for me. Not at all. I like the games where it is pretty even in skill level. And it's challenging in a way. Those are fun. "gen rush" and leave or instant 4 ks... not fun.

• Larisa
    Larisa Member Posts: 176
    Options

Having a good chase as a survivor.

Finding ruin in first 10 secs of the game

Hitting that sweet ds skill check

MINDGAMING THE BLOODEH SPIREH

• Objectively_speaking
    Options

1 kill or 4 hooks

• McLispYT
    McLispYT Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Making opponent(s) rage (either as a camper, tunneler, looper survivor, etc.)

For me it’s when the killer is too scared to go do anything else so they face camp, which is annoying but reminds me that’s how pathetic they are for a kill

• UrbanEvading
    UrbanEvading Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Escaping (regardless of if you black piped or more)

Generally I play as survivor, escaping for me pretty much counts as a win and the pip naturally comes.

As for killer, probably a 3K. I would say 4K, but normally I won’t go to the effort to slug for that. Nobody likes a sweaty killer.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options
    Pip-ing up

Honestly pipping is the only thing that really shows you won. As survivor you can be super stealthy and do nothing till your team is dead and as killer you can just camp.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,905
    Options

If I had fun I won. It’s the only reason to play the game. If I BARELY killed all survivors after I was looped and was frustrated all game then I don’t feel like I won. I could have a round where I destroy potatoes and I don’t feel like I won. Even if one or two escaped...if I was enjoying playing the killer and had a nice round then I feel more accomplished.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

It depends on what i want to accomplish. Is it a daily? I want to be Medic (Survivor Name) Totem Hunter(Survivor Name). It's all how I'm feeling at the time.

• DocSparks
    DocSparks Member Posts: 14
    Options

As long as I wasn't trolled and had fun that's a win

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,634
    Options

Having a good point game is what I consider a win. Even if I die but see I still have a lot of points or more than some who escaped, I consider it a good game and a win for me. I don't try to farm; I just try to do a little of everything.

Same for killer. I've had games where all four got away but I still had like 27000 points and I can't complain; I'd take games like that all day.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

I "Won" as long as I had fun and made some good Bloodpoints. Yeah I always strive for a 3-4K in a game, but if I enjoyed the match and only got a 1-2K and/or made a good amount of Bloodpoints....I had a good game