The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can we punish campers?

So far every game I've had today I have been camped one way or another, this ruins all gameplay and makes me want to not play this game anymore, so please have a solution to people who just camp me the entire game especially when im on the hook, a way you can fix this is if there is anyway to detect someone is camping you make it so neither the killer ranks up or the survivor ranks down, please consider fixing this as I know that if this carries on then it'll drive the majority of the fan base away

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Yes, you can punish campers. Repair generators and get out, leaving him with few points and no pip.

• ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192

@PinkEricka said:
    I understand where you’re coming from. It’s unfair and not fun when you’re getting camped but you have to accept that a lot of people that play this game are trolls and get a buzz out of post-game chat hate messages. 

If you have a smart team, they will know to gen rush the killer. Try playing SWF, it’s much easier.

So, would you rather deal with a camper, or just not get a lobby at all?

• ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192

@ItsDaEmuDood said:

@PinkEricka said:
    I understand where you’re coming from. It’s unfair and not fun when you’re getting camped but you have to accept that a lot of people that play this game are trolls and get a buzz out of post-game chat hate messages. 

If you have a smart team, they will know to gen rush the killer. Try playing SWF, it’s much easier.

See devs, this is where the rifts are created, and lines are drawn.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    edited July 2018

@PinkEricka said:

I don’t like camping and honestly I hate it. I’m a survivor main but the devs accept camping so we don’t really much have a say in the matter. I’d rather much deal with a camper than not have a lobby. After buying enough time for my team after the killer tremendously camps me for no reason, I’d even DC to deny them the satisfication of an underserved kill, lmao.
  • PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042

@PinkEricka said:

oh I just noticed you made a SWF reference, damn my bad, LOL.
  • Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

Campers are already punished, if you take the initiative to go and do generators.
    Time is a valuable commodity in this game, and the Killer wastes theirs by camping a Survivor on the hook. Go off and do generators. You have a slim-to-none chance of getting them off the hook.
    If you get hooked and the Killer camps? Too bad then. Either stay there and waste the Killer's time for as long as you can, or potentially doom your teammates by suiciding on hook. Move on to the next game and keep playing.

It's not a hard concept to grasp.

• Kurisu
    Kurisu Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2018

-Survivors staying still have crows around their head, revealing their position
    -Killers staying still near a hooked survivors get a free kill

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

P.S: TBH KILLERS who camp/hard patrol should get a slower entity's progression on the survivor's HP

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Kurisu said:

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

P.S: TBH KILLERS who camp/hard patrol should get a slower entity's progression on the survivor's HP

I just played a 3 person match against a camping clown. He hooked someone, faced camped them while myself and a random did 4 gens and an exit gate. Camping is easily countered.

• jmytch
    jmytch Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2018

Camping exists on every games out there, there is NO way to stop a person to camp. You even camped for abit when you needed to heal so that isn't any difference.

There is a punish penalty for killer already in place if face camping one guy then killer wont get much points and wont pip after the game ended.

Focus on gens like others has stated and get out as that will punish the killer anyway.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

So far every game I've had today I have been camped one way or another, this ruins all gameplay and makes me want to not play this game anymore, so please have a solution to people who just camp me the entire game especially when im on the hook, a way you can fix this is if there is anyway to detect someone is camping you make it so neither the killer ranks up or the survivor ranks down, please consider fixing this as I know that if this carries on then it'll drive the majority of the fan base away

It'd up to the survivors to punish campers, game mechanics allow them to do that already

Just deNY him any further BP and make him depip, it's not hard at all
  • Master

It'd up to the survivors to punish campers, game mechanics allow them to do that already

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Just rush the gens
  • azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Kurisu said:

And when a survivor is within x meters of a camping killer (thus totally justifying it) the survivor is instantly sacrificed.
  • Master
    Kurisu said:

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

The base entity progression has been increased in general already 
  • FixThisGame
    FixThisGame Member Posts: 2

You all make valid points however take into consideration sometimes i only can play with one other person and the rest are randoms who dont take into thought about gen rushing so i still have to suffer and they dont even win

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

What about no?
    If you get camped, its your own fault. And I'm not talking about the good old "if you didnt play toxic, you wouldnt have been camped". Regardless of that, you made 2 mistakes, which allowed the killer to catch you. Dont go down first --> not being the one getting camped --> problem solved

• azazer

You all make valid points however take into consideration sometimes i only can play with one other person and the rest are randoms who dont take into thought about gen rushing so i still have to suffer and they dont even win

What is this pleading special circumstances crap? Complain to the other survivors for not doing their job and don't complain about the killer doing their's.
  • Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

@FixTheCamping there is one very simple problem with your request, the devs wholeheartedly disagree with you. Camping is part of the game, and is not going anywhere. An ######### who camps at the beginning, is just an #########. Which is no different than ######### survivors, which the devs have been working on. Now maybe, just maybe, once the ######### survivors are dead and gone, killers might not be such #########. Just a thought, but something to consider.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@Master said:
    FixThisGame said:

The game also should give killers, even those that camp, two kills on average. Regardless of whether they camp or not. Two and two is balanced they said. So even if i camp, which i do cos i hate survs now, on average i should be able to get, at least, one more kill after i camped the first.

The devs really tightened the noose around their own neck with that rule. Even campers should get two kills. Even if you do not like it. They have to balance in enough time for me to get another to camp.

• Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247

if I catch a player within sixty seconds, I normally camp them.
    If it's the obsession I just slug them and roam somewhere else, f*ck DS.

I find it tremendously increases my chances of getting a 3k/4k,
    I don't care what sort of metric the devs set me to, at the end of the day the killers should be getting kills and the survivors should be surviving.

You've made your last repair kid; sorry you got twisted up in that L-wall.
    From the hook in your chest it just seems like an awful run of bad luck.
    Truth is, game was rigged from the start

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Punish campers? Or can we reward people who go for fresh hooks?
    PUNISHING(!) is never a solution! REWARD people, never punish!

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Sure, I don't even camp so it's for me neutral

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

@Wolf74 said:

@Ihatelife said:
    Sure, I don't even camp so it's for me neutral

It would affect every killer.
    Every killer can choose to camp or not. That part of the game, because it is meant to be "horror" and uncertainty is a big part of the horror genre.
    If you just "force" the killer to leave the hook, you make the game more predictable for survivor.
    "Oh look someone got hooked, let's go get our juicy unhook points, because the killer can't camp anyway"
    Btw, if camping gets punished, would the bloodpoint reward for unhooking get reduced? To like 150? Because no risk = no reward?
    The killer needs the OPTION to camp, even if he decides not to, otherwise there would be no need to a smart, stealthy unhook.

I just said, that is very neutral for me, camping is a waste of time in my opinion.

• azazer
    Nick said:

That's how we got BBQ, pop goes the weasel, make your choice, devour hope. People still camp because survivors make it viable. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@azazer said:
    That's how we got BBQ, pop goes the weasel, make your choice, devour hope. People still camp because survivors make it viable. 

That's why we need to punish Survivors for hook rushing. Give Killers double damage and increased recovery speeds within 8 m of a hooked Survivor, see if that fixes it.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    Survivors need to understand that if a killer thinks you are near the hook, or he sees you near the hook, he’s not really camping, he sees fresh meat.  If I see fresh meat just throwing itself at me I’d have to be an idiot to go somewhere else. If you want the killer to leave, don’t be stupid.

Trying to get a save before the killer has left is flat out stupid. This applies to all ranks too, as I see ranks 1 & 2 being just as stupid as rank 20s, solely because they think that they can outsmart me. Getting cocky will end in everyone’s demise. Plus, it helps diminish my craving for fresh meat.
  • Navydivea
    Navydivea Member Posts: 114

Yup. And if you're dumb enough to try and bait me away I'll stay because you're wasting time.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@Nick said:

BuT We CaNt ReWaRd KiLlErS FoR DoInG SoMeThInG In OUR FaVoUr!1!

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

BuT We CaNt ReWaRd KiLlErS FoR DoInG SoMeThInG In OUR FaVoUr!1!

Yeah exactly.
    Reward them for walking away, don't punish them for staying.

• Mikysama
    Mikysama Member Posts: 33
    Hi guys i'm playing this game for a while now and want to explain something to crying survivors ( sorry about my english though ).

My main killer is the TRAPPER not the IDIOT. To stay close to hanged survivor is part of a fair strategy. I personally never face camp. I'm hooking a dude or a chick, set my traps then hide near the hook ( but not too much for survivors get a chance to unhook see? I'm not a d**k ) it's called a TRAP using BAIT. If survivors are smart enough they can unhook their friend if they are stupid they get caught. That's the game.

Killer primary goal is to kill survivors. And confirm that kill by staying not far to the hook is a strategy. If survivors don't like to die just don't get caught or play a smarter way. Or maybe this game is not for you. 

And too me real cancer in this game are survivors body blocking hook and tea bagging when doors are opens. They should add a way to punish them like to can grab them or to block the escape when killer enter the exit area. There is 2 exit so killer cannot block both letting well playing survivors to leave. This idea is maybe not perfect but with some adjustments it could be a great way to punish trolls. 

Once again sorry about my english, and have a good slaughter party anyway :)
  • Citizen58
    Citizen58 Member Posts: 1

The devs clearly favor the killers, just play another game, seriously. There are plenty of better games out there that are not so one-sided. Oh, and ask for a refund.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Citizen58 said:
    The devs clearly favor the killers, just play another game, seriously. There are plenty of better games out there that are not so one-sided. Oh, and ask for a refund.

lol
    Are you kidding me?
    Devs basically buff survivor every patch and do everything to please survivor.^^
    You must be playing a different game.
    This game actually is "one sided" and that favoring survivor over anything else.
    They are the majority of the playerbase and get spoon fed for 2 years now.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Wolf74 said:

@Citizen58 said:

lol
    Are you kidding me?
    Devs basically buff survivor every patch and do everything to please survivor.^^
    This game actually is "one sided" and that favoring survivor over anything else.

Dont talk to players that have only experienced one sight. Its a pointless effort

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Citizen58 said:

lol
    Are you kidding me?

Dont talk to players that have only experienced one sight. Its a pointless effort

Any main should still play a fair share of the other side.
    I am a killer main by any stretch of the imagination… but I DO play survivor in between.
    And despite me being mediocre as a survivor at best, I DO know that the game is more easy for survivor.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Wolf74 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Citizen58 said:

lol
    Are you kidding me?

Any main should still play a fair share of the other side.
    I am a killer main by any stretch of the imagination… but I DO play survivor in between.
    And despite me being mediocre as a survivor at best, I DO know that the game is more easy for survivor.

A killermain will always play survivor because playing killer can be very frustrating and exhausting.
    But a survivor main that might even play only with his friends has almsot no incentive to play killer besides from doing a few dailies. And yes, at rank 20 you have indeed the impression that killer is op

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

@Orion said:

@azazer said:

That's why we need to punish Survivors for hook rushing. Give Killers double damage and increased recovery speeds within 8 m of a hooked Survivor, see if that fixes it.

Survivors are already punished for hook-rushing, but the consequences of not saving are so monumental that hook-rushing seems like the better option. I would rather not save anyone from the hook and escape by myself, but the game is built to require me to save. From losing emblem points every time a survivor is hooked and not getting those points back if no one saves the hooked one all the way to the multiplier loss of team ability in gens, altruism is pushed HEAVILY in this game. This is the main cause of most of the toxicity surrounding the hook. I'm confused as to how people don't realize this.

• DisturbedZ
    DisturbedZ Member Posts: 59

So first I want to say no to punishing killers for camping. A reward system of points for every x amount away from the hook would be better. Second you killers sure do cry a lot. I play both, I see both and yes to me campers suck. I could care less if the other survivors gen rush and punish the killer. the hooked survivor still has no points or chance for points. Maybe there should be points given to that survivor for having to stare at the ugly killer the whole time. lol As a killer i get upset if I don't get to hook you at least twice. I leave the hook and run to the far end of the map intentionally just so they can get them off the hook. Only time I dont is if I see a survivor coming in to save them then I will hook him too. I would rather have two kills and eight hooks than four kills any day. The game isn't fun without the chase. Also If I see a survivor not going to help the one on the hook after I went to the far side i will stay on him the rest of the match and gladly let the others go.

• Luckystrike2778
    Luckystrike2778 Member Posts: 63

I dont mind the camping. Love when a killer camps. My survival rate goes up. What grinds my gears is the sandbagging a$$hat that leads the killer to you because they think they should get the chance at hatch for (insert entitled snowfake reason here) so you try to stealth away cuz its obvious what is happening but 9 outta 10 times they Fu both