The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

CHANGE BBQ & RUIN

me and many others are getting sick and tired of ruin and BBQ and chilli in every freaking game....legit every game....it's all everyone uses none stop and its so damn BORING!!! no variety what so ever!! change them to add-ons or something or change how they work because it's killing my interest in the game dealing with same thing each game because it's so strong. no one wants to try different things and it's not fun to play against the same thing all day. make them add ons or something so people can't have it each game and make them have to change perks up.

Comments

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723

What are you rank 20?

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Ruin=run small game. BBQ=Go in a locker fool...

Also I wonder when Survivors will figure out that PGTW is way better than Ruin... Guess we'll see.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Weak bait.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

no

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

Honestly I'd like to see the most run perks become baseline for both sides. WGLF and BBQ because they're both run so often.

Something needs to be done about the main objective in general, and once that's done we can work with ruin and perks like it.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    edited October 2019

BBQ is annoying but don’t think it needs to be changed, at this point I always hide in lockers knowing they’ll have it. Ruin on the other hand is annoying, because you’re right, it’s literally every single game. I usually run small game but sometimes I don’t get it in my web, like right now. As someone who mains killer I know it can spawn out in the open, but most of the time it’s in a well hidden spot, no one can find it and it just makes the game so annoying for survivors. As a killer I don’t have an issue with “gen rushing” so I usually don’t use it, I know how to patrol gens. I think ruin needs some kind of rework.

• Cig
    Cig Member Posts: 33

If your to lazy to go in a locker then use distortion.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Every game? Well I hope I find you on PC cause I don't use Ruin. My Legion build would be fun for you to deal with.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Thrilling Tremors and Corrupt Intervention. Your welcome.

Seriously most people use BBQ&C because of the BP gain. The aura part is honestly an added bonus to it.

Ruin honestly ruin falls into two camps. People who have used it so long they can no longer play without it. The ones without are either experimenting without or builds, haven't got it, or no longer need it.

Logically if someone has perks you know about it is easier to adjust how you play.

• Theoretical_Heart
    Theoretical_Heart Member Posts: 398

If there were better perks ppl would use them there are like 8 TRULY great perks for killers.

RUIN

BBQ & CHILI

NOED

SLOPPY BUTCHER

NURSE'S CALLING

POP GOES THE WEASEL

THANATAPHOBIA

BLOOD WARDEN

The rest are either great (but only when combined with an above perk), situational, or just worthless.

I'd like to see the worthless and situational perks get buffs.

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

I think ppl just run it for x2 since you get almost nothing of points per match and quite decreases the whole grind on half and for Ruin jeez just hit those greats aren't that hard to do

• UlvenDagoth

I have a ton of fun playing Legion and it's why I am there biggest advocate in Feedback. That and they brought me back to the game after 2016-17 times.

• InfinyMage
    InfinyMage Member Posts: 236
    edited October 2019

Yeah as s killer i only use BBQ for the BP. Its a painful grind to unlock teachables on killers i dislike or dont play at all.

Ruin is not at all a perk i enjoy using and will use any other slow down perk if I happen to be lucly enough to unlock em in the bloodweb.

Unless im playing trapper. Lol because I can defend it and get at least 2 or more hooks before it goes away. Im told its useless in higher ranks but i could care less because ranks are a joke and I would never try that hard to get into reds or purple. If i need to derank I just play my lv 1 killers and the games tend to go in record time and i also depip.

• Liruliniel

I would suggest you try other perks man your missing so many good ones. Of the listed perks you provided 3 of those are only good in low ranks because people still dont heal much in upper ranks in my experience. Blood Warden is easily countered by 99% the gate wait for a hook and then open it. NoeD imho is rarely seen more like a rare treat. Also it's a great perk used primarily by bad killers.

PGTW and Ruin. Are the strongest 2 perks you listed. Though BBQ is incredibly good for farming Blood Points any good killer will know Rotation and Pathing of survivors so outside of Nurse, Billy, Spirit, Huntress, Freddy no other killer should use it outside farming BP'S.

In all instances of perks Thrilling Tremors far outclasses BBQ in providing Gen denial, Where Survivors you actually care about are, Where you need to go immediately, and helps stop the game from progressing for 16 seconds while you are attempting to hook people. BBQ&C tells you X amount of people are at x locations and you get a stack.

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

I for one love the idea. Let's take the perks that are over used and just throw them out the window...

• Theoretical_Heart

Please don't take offense to this because it's not directed at you (there are lots of players who think like you do about NOED.) But it's just a second chance perk. Are survivors who run Self Care, Decisive Strike, Unbreakable, or Adrenaline bad survivors?

All of those perks exist for the same reason to undo mistakes. Calling killers bad for running NOED is unfair unless you judge everyone for using mistake eraser perks.

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

Kind of being sarcastic but also some what serious. I know it'll never happen, but all these perks means that some will inevitably be useless compared to others. If there was no such thing as game changing perks, and the only ones that existed helped you play your style and just gave small advantages, it could go a long way in the over all balancing act.

• Liruliniel

No, but I don't think NoeD is a second chance perk all it does is reward bad killers. How many good killers do you see run it or need it? I've seen killers literally go from no hooks to a 4k. They wont pip they wont learn.

Anyways I love how you literally only defended NoeD. When I stated how many of the perks you listed were actually bad. Seriously look into additional perks and try them out.

DS isn't really a second chance perk it's more of a you tunneled me here's your punishment. Unbreakable is also not a second chance perk. It's just a killer found something else to do so you can run off sonce you were not hooked. Self Care is mostly been phased out of survivors builds since healing takes too much time. Easier to do a gen and find a teammate later or use that Adrenaline.

Adrenaline is definitely a second chance as is Deliverance. Killers dont really get second chance perks. Closest I would think of would be Spirit Fury and Enduring. Unlike survivors most killers have to earn perks through actions of playing the game.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Adrenaline and DS are just as bad as NOED. A second chance perk.

• Liruliniel

NoeD rewards failure

Adrenaline rewards success

DS rewards failure, but punishes tunneling.

If someone wanted to say they did good they would run Devour Hope which Rewards success. If someone actually thinks they did good when they use NoeD and used it to secure a 4k because they couldn't do it before that gen. Then honestly they lost.

• Theoretical_Heart

Fair enough, every hatch escape via key is a loss, every escape due to adrenaline/ds is a loss, every escape due to blind is a loss.

NOED is just a second chance perk. I have won many games without it. My adept killer achievements verify this. But I'd still rather have it in my back pocket in case I mess up. Just like I'm sure survivors like have their "oops i screwed up" perks.

But the thread is about Ruin and BBQ so I'm going to leave it alone now.

TL;DR = NOED is just a second chance perk.

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

BBQ is not that strong of a perk, it is used for its 2x BP REALLY, and it is countered by so many simple things.....

Ruin is needed if you want enough time in a game at low ranks if you want a chance at killing people, without ruin before you blink 2 gens are done. if you want to see ruin gone do 1 or both of these things

buff killers across the board to where they can apply pressure fast enough without the use of ruin

make it take longer for survivors to complete the objective to escape, THIS CAN BE DONE IN WAYS OTHER THEN INCREASING GEN TIME, like adding a second objective, adding more gens, etc etc etc.

BBQ wont go away unless its points bonus goes away, but that wont happen because it is not that strong it is just used for BP, and ruin is so needed because of how badly this game is balanced in the survivors side.

• Liruliniel
    edited October 2019

Actually yes they are a loss. Except the Key. The Key is BS and shouldn't be able to be found in the trial without plunders. That is nothing as a killer you can control unless they bring it in.

All my adepts speak for themselves as well not sure why you brought this up honestly. I still don't use NoeD personally. I find it a weak perk that honestly rewards failure. I prefer a proactive approach to the game and being rewarded for me doing well.

Also I'm not saying you suck for using it. It's not my intention to call you out for using it. I was just stating that the 8 perks you said were amazing are not exactly so and to help you provide better info.

• UlvenDagoth

Why are yall arguing about No'ED in a topic not about it?

Anyway BBQ is just used for BPs.

Ruin wouldn't be used as much if Lower Tier killers were able to put pressure on the map earlier in the game then "Oh well, there's my down and 2 gens popped."

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

This isn't even good bait...

• TwistrBlitz
    TwistrBlitz Member Posts: 91

He’s right in a way, Ruin shouldn’t be mandatory.

I’m against extra BP being tied to perks, personally.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

The detection part of BBQ needs to be removed. I find this a reasonable nerf because Killers only use BBQ for BP anyway, not for its detection ability.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

It is beneficial for you that killers get a 40m aura.

This promotes anti camping. If I see no aura on my bbq I will stay at the hook for a little while.

• Mochan

You do realize that Self Care has been nerfed into Oblivion?

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 669

and that's where you'd be wrong! i use it for its detection ability all the time on every killer, as well as for bloodpoints. :P

• Mochan

If people think than Ruin is a strong perk, then you should recognize that BBQ is a strong perk.

The many "simple" things you mention that counter BBQ are precious seconds Survivors waste hiding instead of doing things, like gens.

• Mochan

I'm glad you are an honest killer!

So many killers here like to downplay BBQ and deny it's any good, saying killers only use it for the BP and not for the Aura Detection.

But the moment I suggest nerfing the Aura Detection they all go ballistic.

• Mochan

Actually BBQ promotes camping. Because it gives killers vital information on whether they should camp or not. Just like you said.

Removing the aura detection means killers have no idea if it's a good idea to camp or not, so they end up leaving the hook.

• Mochan

The bigger question is when will Killers figure out that PGTW is way better than Ruin.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

It promotes camping when the killer sees no auras of survivors, whilst most will likely just assume it's the survivors going into a locker to hide their aura, it also could mean that the survivors are nearby and that no one is working on a faraway generator, rather nearby ones.

You can easily mislead the killer by showing your aura, going one way, and then going the other way. Giving the killer misinformation on where to go next. Works best if the killer sees only one survivor and they're faraway, making a safe unhook and heal easy.

• Mochan
    edited October 2019

You don't need to tell me how to counter BBQ. I have played thousands of matches against it. Also the "counter" you mentioned isn't something a solo can do. How would a solo know that no other aura other than his own is visible? And a smart killer will know that someone is camping the hook in that case.

I am saying the aura reading needs to go. It is a too powerful perk that does too many things for the killer. It needs to be nerfed.

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited October 2019

Lol. Your disconnect from objective reality is so great as to be comedic to read. Instead of debating it I think everyone should just have a good laugh.

The best part is you really believe it. It isn't just a meme for you.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

@Mochan Correct me if I'm wrong, but why does it need to be nerfed?

It only gives the killer information on where the survivors are if they are far away from them, and most of the time those survivors are near generators where the killer will most likely patrol anyways. BBQ and Chili only gives the killers a 4 second aura read and then it's gone until you hook someone else.

After those 4 seconds, the killer is presumably still far away from the survivor and the survivor can still run away from the killer if they see them, hear their heartbeat or had Spine Chill/Premonition light up to alert them they are coming. I see it no different to a killer patrolling generators and finding scratch marks right after.

Yes this can be a problem for killers that has high mobility that allows them to reach their halfway to their destination before the 4 second timer runs out, but that's like 3 killers out of the 17 in total (4 if you count Spirit).

But again, the point is to bait killers to go after survivors that are FAR AWAY from the hook and encourage them to chase different survivors to get the BP Tokens. If they see no survivors around, then they will try to bait survivors to go for the save by proxy camping. Or they will just patrol the nearby generators to see if any of them are being worked on.

Sorry if this is becoming a text wall, I just want to make sure I got my thoughts out nice and clear ^^;

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

lol seconds are only precious to killers, gens can go by so quick It is fine if a survivor is off a gen for a few seconds

• UlvenDagoth

I do not use BBQ, but I do not think it needs to be nerfed. It encourages the Killer to go chase someone else, and it only gives a bit of an aura that you can avoid, for 4 seconds. It is not in anyway OP and I do not understand how you can think it is. Even Billy would still have to CATCH the aura once he got there. I am sorry, but I do not follow your reasoning at all.