The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Nurse isn't even that strong, why nerfing her basekit again?

Comments

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

The nurse is good but she was never the S class tier survivors claimed she was they are just predictable and stupid and only know how to run in a circle. I've seen an omega blink nurse get her ass handed to her by all 4 of us not running loops.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

I didn't say anything about the rework, stop making assumptions :) I was fine with base nurse, that was one of my favourite killers to go against. I wasn't against a slight nerf to her base kit, but they went too far with the changes. But saying old nurse wasn't that strong is just not true.

• arslaN

I can also run around a trash nurse with 3 blinks and then say she isn't S tier my friend.

• hiC
    hiC Member Posts: 217

It’s an edgy, click bait thread that goes against common consensus. Some might call it ‘bait’.

• martin27

But can you do it against a 5 blink nurse, i also didn't say she was trash i said she wasn't the be all end all of killers

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

She was very good in high ranks as i said tho. I think we can all agree that a little fatigue nerf and the addon change would've been enough.

• arslaN

I think all they needed to change was, making the fatigue when she misses an attack slightly longer to punish her for missing her attacks a bit more and make the fatigue when you hit someone slightly longer to give survivors more time to run away since she can end the chase very quickly after getting the first hit.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Insinuating that I asked for Nurse nerfs... Which I didn't.

You can even check my post history.

• mutabletiger4
    mutabletiger4 Member Posts: 185

The ability to blink through basically everything and travel the map quickly isn't strong? So what makes a strong killer?

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

Well it's a good thing we don't decide balance around playing 1 game right?

It was your "first" game with Nurse, I doubt you stomped them unless they were playing their very first game too. You don't pick Nurse up in 1 game, it takes hours of work.

• arslaN

I picked her up in like 5 matches. It really isn't that hard if you have seen some gameplay before trying her.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Well... on console nurse doesnt exist at all.... I get one maybe every 3 months... and then it's a free 4man escape... shes terrible on console....

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

I agree, her basics aren't hard to pick up especially if you have watched someone beforehand.

However, there are so many nuances and small things that come with playing her that tend to take a lot longer to develop than it does to blink around semi-accurately.

Look at the recent Nurse PTB changes. Literally one change to her base-kit altered so much of her and it was all pretty much bad. She lost mind games, map travel, etc... that you pick up after the first week of playing her.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

The strongest killer in the game that you see quite frequently in red ranks due to her unignore-able mobility tool "isnt that strong".

I'm sure you are either a Nurse main that is unhappy, or truly unaware of her strength.

• martin27

You can't blink through everything or travel quickly around the map. You can blink through most things and travel short distances quickly

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

her basekit war and is broken. i dont see how anyone would be able to deny that, honestly...

but lets just turn the whole thing around:

the nurse nerf wasnt even that harsh, why are y'all complaining?

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

the fact that you said “nurse isnt even that strong” makes this entire thread meaningless

• Mister_xD

nurse can ignore any defenses Survivors have by default. this is what makes her too strong - which is still the case with current nurse btw, there is just a 3 second delay between your doubleblinks now.

this alone makes her stronger than she should be.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

"Nurse and Spirit are too OP" translates to "I suck at survivor because all I know how to do is pallet loop"

The counter to that is to never stop sprinting, sounds fair to some people. Since that's the survivor meta, there is no surprize the devs nerfed her so all survivors have to do is "continue their meta"

• martin27

The nurse only has 2 blinks at base which get shorter with each one. Also when fatigue kicks in she forcible looks down at the ground.

I can just as easily ignore survivors defences with a shock from the doctor, bear trap from the trapper or phantasm trap from a hag, that is not unique to the nurse or even that over powered.

Also the nurse is the slowest killers, significantly by far and easily out runable when you break line of sight. Are you seriously saying you can't don't 2 blinks and outrun the nurse when she gets fatigued.

• ZahmZaddy
    ZahmZaddy Member Posts: 54

Lol, the game rewarded you with Bloodlust, to catch the survivors without blinking. Congrats!

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    edited October 2019

"What is a Killer? A MISERABLE PILE OF ADD-ONS!"

Sorry, I saw someone ask what made a Killer strong and Dracula just started talking in my head.

Post edited by UlvenDagoth on
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

This guy called me illogical because I said that the Nurse did not need buffs but here he is saying that Nurse wasn't even strong.

The ######### irony of this post.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

Just gonna nitpick at the "ignores pallets" argumentation.

Nurse doesnt ignore pallets, she can play around them. Fine difference.

• Mister_xD

seriously?

if "just dont stop running" would have been the counterplay to her, do you honestly think she would be considered the best killer in the game?

just because she has a base movement speed of 95% does not mean she could be outrun. her blinks allow her for insane map pressure and chase ability and good nurses could basically not be beaten.

please dont act like nurse wouldnt be too strong - because she is this one killer in this game that actually is.

to balance her out they eigther need to nerf her chase / map pressure ability - which they just did (she's still too strong, though she should stay this way until the game itself is better balanced) or buff stealth play so immense that its a viable straetgy, which would kinda suck for other killers, so they went with the first option.

anyone who says "omg they killed her", please look at those "nerf" once more. she literally has to wait 3 seconds before being able to doubleblink again, thats it. good nurses will still dominate their games, they will still catch survivors within a couple of seconds and there will still be very little survivors can actually do against this.

oh and she now has some nice and viable add ons.

• TwistrBlitz
    TwistrBlitz Member Posts: 91

I don’t agree with the Nurse nerf but saying she’s not that strong is hilarious.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136
    edited October 2019

"good nurses will still dominate their games, they will still catch survivors within a couple of seconds and there will still be very little survivors can actually do against this."

I've never met a Nurse like this on PS4.

I know, I know, no one cares, it's about how she is on PC. It's just unfortunate how little I see her on PS4, and how it's pretty obvious they're only doing it for a Daily Ritual when I do see one.

• Mister_xD

tbh, thats mainly due to how the controls work on PS4.

if you were to plug in a mouse and keyboard to your PS4, she suddenly becomes very viable - though you still need to learn her ofc.

on the other hand, if you were to plug in a controller to your PC, she suddenly becomes unviable again.

its not like the killer would work any different on both plattforms afterall, so we gtta be talking about her potential here, which would mean look at what can be done by her. she has the exact same power both on PC and PS4, though the controls are different, making the only difference here.

she is, even on PS4, the best killer in the game (on paper) - its just a lot harder to play her on console.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

It's not just the controller/sensitivity: it's also the framerate.

• harry14141414
    harry14141414 Member Posts: 356

nurse isnt that strong??

do you like have 20 hours in dbd ?

• Devil
    Devil Member Posts: 12
    edited October 2019

And after the 3.3.0 come out, all noobs survivor cry for spirit nerf xD

GL & have fun nxt season gen rushers

• Kerbert
    Kerbert Member Posts: 415

I play on PS4, and as such I don't find that many good Nurses. But from the few that I do find, I understand just how unfun and unfair it is to play against her. And with the recent controversy of the Nurse nerfs, I have found that Nurse mains are as spoiled as entitled survivors.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

A: A pudding isn't an addon, it's an offering. Major difference.

B: I never said it wasn't difficult, but it is very possible and the best chance too beat them without an OP build. Tru3 does it all the time when he plays Nurse, and many Nurses don't run addons and still destroy SWF because they remain unpredictable the entire match, so it makes running away harder.

C: You can do what you want, but I think it's silly that you'd waste good things before you even tried the changes (which are not even that big a nerf)

D: I never disagreed that base nurse shouldn't of been changed, it was the reason's behind why you thought it shouldn't of been changed is what I disagreed with. saying "I used base Nurse" when you used addons is what I was disagreeing with, among other things.

• djsponge10
    djsponge10 Member Posts: 349

No one has ever did 1st killer game ever play as nurse and get a 4K

• Mochan
    edited October 2019

Didn't I just say earlier in this thread that I did?

I got 4K as Nurse sometime in December last year. My first killer game. It's not hard when you know how to play Survivor and understand the theory of how to play this game. I'm a survivor main and I'm pretty good at it. Was pretty good at it for a beginner back when I was new to this game. I killed the first two survivors blinking around -- I suck at blinking but I predicted where they'd go because I understand survivor pathing at the low ranks. Then the last two I 3-genned to death and they had no idea how to counter me.

I'm at least good enough to understand how the scrubs at Level 16-20 play -- and those are the kind of survivors I fought in my first game as a Rank 20 nurse.

It's up to you if you don't believe, doesn't really matter to me. The important point isn't my skill at crushing survivor newbs. The important point is Nurse is the strongest killer in this game, and is a lot stronger than the OP is trying to discredit her for.

I'd also like to add that my Killer Main is Myers. And I don't get easy 4K's with Myers all the time. It's a lot easier to get them with Nurse.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

Literally no one cares about your rank 20 killer games.

• OswinOsgood
    OswinOsgood Member Posts: 184

I just wanna say a nurse on pc if theyre a good killer - sure call it op if you want

But as a console player Nurse is barely even useable.

Ive played both pc and console nurse on pc is so much better smoother easier etc. But on console unless you are a decent killer already you WILL fail every game and get bullied especially by swf. If its all 4 solo you MIGHT stand a chance of winning.

• Mochan

Literally the guy before you cared enough to say "NO WAY!"

Like I said. not important. He's the one who brought it up.

Now, is there a reason for your bad attitude or are you just not a nice person?

• djsponge10
    djsponge10 Member Posts: 349

You didn’t do that. Simple as that. Yes killer is best killer easily after nerf on pc. 100%. But you didn’t get a 4K first game as killer as nurse.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Those few seconds adds up quickly against a coordinated team genrushing. When you hook someone and see all 3 on a gen but now you can't get there because you are limited with your map pressure then the new nurse, if they don't change her back, will have to camp and secure kills. Addons were trashed. I can't wait to use the one that makes someone scream at red rank. And a nurse doesn't want to use an addon that takes her power away. Imagine if huntress had an addon that prevented her from using hatchets if she actually hit someone? UR that prevents blinking through walls, meanwhile Huntress has an insta-down UR, Clown has an insta-down UR, Billy has all useful addons, Spirit has all addons that directly help her power, and Myers can actually kill on the spot, etc. If she isn't dead, they are trying to kill her and only survivors are happy about it.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

Nurse kill rate isn't super high... when averaged across all players. The chart you saw a while back was averaged across all players.

If you just take top ranks, she's very high.

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325

Until the devs understand the fundamental issues with their game at red ranks, and the reasoning for why most killers who want to win end up playing the same 2-3 killers, then you're simply going to make an already bad problem even worse by removing the killers best suited to going toe to toe with really good survivors.

If you do not play a killer that can apply map pressure, or end chases quickly, then you better either not care if you win or that you simply play for fun - and it's very difficult to have fun as a mid-tier killer at rank 1. It's the same reason why people think Huntress is a top tier killer, yet the only reason you'd think that is due to the amount of Huntress' that stream being some of the best. One extended chase or one or two mistakes and that is game over for a slow killer like Huntress.

I personally think nerfing Nurse's base toolkit was not needed, and definitely not the way to nerf her. The other combination of changes coupled with that make her unfun to play and quite a lot weaker now, to the point I think no one will really be playing her at any single rank.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

I just don’t like people who speak without any valid evidence.

• Mochan

Ayt sir, I'm sorry, you are correct. I didn't do what I did. I mean, obviously I have no idea what I'm doing in my life. You, a complete stranger on the internet, know my life better than I do. That is the sole, inviolable, perfect truth. I'm sorry I lied, please send me to a shooting squad for my crime, I don't deserve to live.

• Mochan

Wow, so if I told you that I hate pancakes and a sausage for breakfast, you would hate me, because I can't prove to you that I ate pancakes this morning?

I mean what are you, 8 years old?