The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Nurse isn't even that strong, why nerfing her basekit again?

justarandy
justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
edited October 2019 in General Discussions

So I'm currently using up all my stuff on Nurse and insta heals on survivors cuz you know nerd incoming.

One thing I have noticed this whole night: damn is it stressful, difficult and not a gifted win at all playing as (basically) basekit nurse against swf groups. Many difficult maps like rotten fields (and other farm maps), Yamaoka, Lerry's, Hawkins, many toolboxes or insta heals, ruin instantly destroyed and barely killing 1 or 2 survivors.

Like, how is a human player even suppose to stand the slightest chance against that when the basekit nerf drops?

Keep in mind, I have over 3k hrs and these swf groups I versed had around 2-4k hours each, some with legacy sweating their butts off etc. It's not like my chases are lasting long. They are much much faster than anything possible with any other killer. And still, they manage to stomp, they manage to counter, they manage to juke.

And don't get me wrong on this, with omegablink addons it would be much easier, probably always 3 or 4 kills. But basekit is a whole different story, why are people not understanding this? And it's getting nerfed together with addons and other stuff.

No, this is such a bad decision. Even with basekit you gonna struggle so hard.

Basekit has to stay untouched, if not slightly buffed to stand a chance on some ridiculous hard anti-nurse maps.

Comments

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

Still have yet to see what info they are basing this basekit nerf off of, because even the ones they provided forever ago didn't have her kill rate very high, iirc.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Well obviously, it was my first killer game, so I was at Rank 20 fighting similar rank survivors. Took 2 out early and finished the last two with a 3-gen strategy. And it's not Nurse being easy. It's Nurse being strong. Which she is.

It's also important to note that while I was a newb killer, I wasn't exactly a newb player because I had been playing Survivor for a few weeks by then, so I knew some survivor tricks. I am no master at Nurse, I'm not even a good killer. But Nurse is strong, and its honestly hilarious there are people now toeing the line trying to downplay Nurse and say she isn't strong.

I mean, what the heck people?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I know Nurse is strong and she deserves her change, but keep in mind, you can prove anything with low ranked survivors. That's all I was trying to say! 🤗

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 669

oh trust me, nurse is plenty strong. and even with her changes, she's still very viable and still requires the necessary skill to know how to use her power properly, and can even crush an entire team if paced correctly.

she wasn't "nerfed". i don't understand why this term is being tossed around. she's been changed to fit the proper criteria of the killer ring for this game. she completely ignored most things a killer required, thus she was reworked to suit the ring.

• Skittlesthehusky

are you sure you weren't just playing against inexperienced survivors? it's extremely difficult to manage this, especially since nurse's base movement speed is slower than a running survivor.

• Mochan

I don't know, you tell me.

But if you're not blinking as Nurse you're not a very good player.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

For once we agree. Nurse was in a tier of her own for a long long time. She needed to be taken down a bit so we have more room to buff lower tier Killers.

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

Best killer in the game since release "Isn't that strong" nice bait brother, i'm not even going to give you the time of day.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited October 2019

The power of old school nurse

When people talk about nurse I think of this old vid =p

• Skittlesthehusky

i'd figure! i'm just making a statement in case if anyone else actually agrees and doesn't understand sarcasm.

i like educating sometimes. :'0

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

Nurse basekit was not broken. Sure if survivors are potatoes and stick together then sure nurse is OP. If everyone is doing separate gens he reduce the pressure nurse have. God nurse smash everyone and that's because the killer is mastered why do peoples consider that wrong.

SwF can be very strong, I want to see optimal survivors against a god nurse. I'm sure that on lery the nurse get smashed , same on rotten field , same on Crotus Prenn. Of course i talk about basekit nurse not with add-ons.

Now with the nerf i will laught and cry once i will play nurse on Lery's.

PS: In before someone say that all killers have good maps and nurse have lery's and rotten field against her. I tell you something if the game were balanced as he should then all maps shouldn't give any advantage to any side.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    edited October 2019
  • Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 982

No, base nurse was not fine. If you master her, the survivors are screwed. No two ways about it.

A lot of people seem to have the narrow-minded view that if something takes skill, then it's allowed to be overpowered. That's how we end up with metas like the current Killer meta, where Nurse and Spirit are pretty much the only killers you see at red ranks. It makes the game boring and stale for anyone who truly masters it.

The game should be more fun, more varied and have more depth as you get better at it. It should never be restricted to a meta where everyone plays exactly the same way.

• Tangero
    Tangero Member Posts: 119

I really dont believe if it was your first match EVER as killer you wouldn't be able to 4k against a good team your survivors must have been complete rank 20 potatoes then

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

This entire post is simply wrong.

A: You can't burn addons and say you are using base kit Nurse. It's literally impossible too do both. This is just a flat out lie.

B: Nurse is the best killer in the game, it just seems you don't know how too play her. Ask Literally anyone and they will all say she's the best, because her power let's her completely void loops and pallets, a survivors best tool's too escape a killer. After the nerf's IMO it will switch too Spirit, but right now she's still the top of the food chain.

C: Stop burning insta heal's and Nurse addons just because they are getting nerfed. They are still incredibly powerful, and Purple Insta's are still the same, just a different effect happens but it's still a "get out of jail free" card. And New Nurse with the right addons is still a threat and is still scary. Stop wasting everything because you're scared of change.

D: The only thing you got right was the fact that base kit shouldn't of been nerfed, but it's for the complete wrong reasons. Nurse basekit is, IMO, the most balanced thing in this entire game. It's super strong but still has fun gameplay for both sides. The nerf's completely ruin this and add an un-needed hindrance too base Nurse for no reason. Tru3 uses no addon Nurse unless someone buys a build, and he has (roughly) almost 5k hours in the game, so you should easily be able too make Nurse work with addons.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

I disagree, it takes a few games, but she really isn't as hard as people make her out too be. Learning how too use every single addon is a different story, but if you go in base only, then you'll be able too do great with her very fast.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

You call for more varied gameplay, but Nurse and Spirit need nerfs due to the fact they are meta against the only tactic Survivors have used in years? Wut?

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

This is factually false and shows that you either don’t play Nurse or don’t understand how she works. You probably shouldn’t be giving balance opinions.

• Mochan

I tend to agree. This would have been a more elegant way to do the nerf.

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 982

If I'm wrong, then prove me wrong. Saying "You're wrong, you know nothing, you shouldn't be giving balance opinions" is little more than a playground insult. I could say the same thing about you, and it would just be your word against mine.

• woundcowboy

Nurse’s plan is to try and blink on top of you. If you are going to attempt to turn back, she has to guess ahead of time and charge accordingly. If you break LOS her plan is to blink to the corner she last saw you. From there her options are more limited: her second blink is short ranged and in many situations, she can’t reach you if you simply move forward. From there the mindgame turns to, will you run forward or continue to turn and put objects between the two of you.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,189

Because devs love recharge mechanics.. every killer since spirit has a recharge, included reworked killers

Soon every killer has to recharge their power

• woundcowboy

But it’s a guess: that means the survivor can guess right and keep the chase going.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

If you're playing against rank 20s, in their eyes — you already mastered Nurse because they don't know what to do at all.

If you're playing against rank 1s, I highly doubt you will 4K on your first Nurse game — it's going to take a few hours to master her at rank 1.

It's not fair to say Nurse (or in fact, any killer) is easy because you won against survivors who are way below your skill level.

I can say M1 Nurse is OP because I 4K'd all rank 20s, and that she is so easy to use that I don't even have to use my blinks.

However, if you are a fast learner, I do agree that it is easy to pick her up, but it's not as exaggerated people say it is either. 😁

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

The devs have little experience when it comes to playing Nurse at rank 1.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

These are the kind of people that the devs listened to when they nerfed nurse. Survivor mains that don't play killer at high ranks.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

Well ofc nurse is "strong" when compared to other kullers who were designed to be weak "fun" .

She's simply outside the comfort zone of survs, because she's been designed to combat their favorite "only" strategy.

If the killers average was higher, nobody would care for nurse's "slightly" higher performance.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Base nurse was a very good killer at high ranks, pretty average at mid ranks and garbage at low ranks. They are nerfing her, because some people are unable to learn. Period.

The nerfs push her down to trash tier at lower and mid ranks. In high ranks and the highest ranks she'll be average. People actually blinking perfectly every time, very rare ya know, will have good matches with her on the highest rank. With two, specific addons you can recreate base nurse, the only good thing i guess. Everything i said of course without the constant dedicated lags, grab bugs and backport bugs. If the servers don't get fixed, nurse, huntress, all those high skill killers that rely on prediction and fast reaction, will be trash tier. No exceptions.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

All the same nurse mains here still with their Pikachu faces on, shocked that something that all the good players predicted would happen for years finally happened.

I think my favorite rationalization is that people would stop complaining about nurse if other killers were buffed and nurse was left untouched. Like, how does that change how strong nurse was at all? Why would that make people suddenly stop complaining about how powerful she was? It doesn't make a lick of sense. If other killers became nurse tier the game would die. Period.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

I'm a Nurse main and can definitely say she's strong. But yeah, they're nerfing her wrong. 2 cooldowns is stupid design, she's definitely B tier as well since without add ons you can basically outrun her forever LOL. It's funny, did it on ptb a lot.

• ClaudettesUncle
    ClaudettesUncle Member Posts: 29

Nurse is fine(on console) , the nerf wasnt necessary.

They should adjust Hillbillys Chainsaw Hitbox and adding deep wounds instead. On console he ist the most broken and unskilled killer, well without even learning him i got his archievment on rank 3, months ago 😂 and yeah rank doesnt matter from my view, but still everyone who talks from skill with hillbilly on console is from my view a lier. But this thread is not about Billy.

Im really feel sorry for console nurses, they already suffered or this few one who mastered her and now get hit in the face...

......but, Nurse nerf is probably justified on pc.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

If all, or most killers were on the same niveau, all complains would turn into baseless whining. Ideally, survivors should hate all killers the same.

Btw, killers cant outskill the hard mechanical limitations between killers.

The funny thing on the other side is, there are no mechanical differences between good and bad survivors, which nerf-proofs the god survivors against adjustments as the potato field would suffer.... think of the poor potatoes.

• justarandy

A: it's still basekit nurse when I burn a pudding, what are you talking about

B: listen bud, I have enough experience on Nurse and played her since she came out. It's just simply that survivors with the same amount of experience know the counters know to genrush. Also, I never said she isn't the best. All I said is that compared to what a swf group can pull out she doesn't look as strong anymore. I have no problem to kick some butts of random solos or casual SWFs. It's about the sweaty swf groups with multiple thousands of hours bringing the strongest stuff into the game. Maybe train your reading comprehension, idk.

C: I do whatever I want. Stop telling me to stop.

D: what??? The whole time you disagree about my basekit opinion and then you agree out of the sudden? I'm confused now. I was saying the whole that basekit shouldn't be touched.

• Mochan

"B: listen bud, I have enough experience on Nurse and played her since she came out. It's just simply that survivors with the same amount of experience know the counters know to genrush. Also, I never said she isn't the best. All I said is that compared to what a swf group can pull out she doesn't look as strong anymore. I have no problem to kick some butts of random solos or casual SWFs. It's about the sweaty swf groups with multiple thousands of hours bringing the strongest stuff into the game."

And like I said. Just because you're bad at Nurse, doesn't mean she isn't strong enough to deal with the sweatiest SWF. She is. My proof. The streamers who do it over and over live. Like that long hair beard guy who looks like a hippy. I've seen him crush sweaty SWF with all manner of toolkits and instaheals.

Nurse is more than powerful enough to deal with any SWF group. Of course in the end a hefty dose of luck is part of any match. But there is more than enough room for her to beat any group.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Nurse is strong, but balanced without addons. Nurse is op with addons. What do you do?

Right! Make her addons useless AND nerf her basekit 4head!

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325

The problem I have with these changes is that you hit her base kit, which makes what is labelled as an aggressive killer somewhat awkward to play. If you're just traversing the map and you expend 2 blinks, then you have to walk at her super slow movespeed until you wait for her 2 blinks to recharge. That's counter opposite to the type of killer she even is, for one.

Second, it makes chases really awkward, because you're tracking survivors, you're predicting blinks, you enter fatigue and stare at the ground which gives survivors time to break LoS/create distance, then you have to track your blink charges, track the survivor and it's just too much. Then you expend 2 charges, and have to wait for the recharge. What's awkward about it is that when you hit your fatigue the survivors are going to gain distance, which means you'll have to wait for 2 charges.

If you begin to charge a blink, for whatever reason, too early, you cannot regain blink charges until you re-enter fatigue, which again is just terrible design and yet another thing you have to micromanage.

If survivors change their mentality against the Nurse and you break it down into two simple things: Maintain distance, break LoS when possible, then the Nurse will eventually catch you, but if you do those 2 easy things, it's going to take a much, much longer time to do so, and you better hope you're one of those godlike Nurse's, because if you mess your blinks up now, you will be 100% destroyed due to your powers nerf and it's ability to quickly apply map pressure.

Honestly, I think the whole "Give every killer in the game charges" or making killer powers all have recharges where they can't use it is simply getting out of hand. It's unfun and uncreative. How long until Hillbilly is picking up oil cans around the map, and if he wasnt paying attention he'll have to go abandon a chase to get some because he doesn't have gas for downing a survivor in a loop? It's just ridiculous and I honestly think that giving her blinks charges was a really idiotic design decision.

• justarandy
    edited October 2019

I'm good, unlike others who look like being "godlike" I don't use any addons that's the difference.

Furthermore I'm playing in EU region which is known as the most sweatiest and tryhard region