Equip Five Perks

I think you should be able to equip a fifth perk if you meet one of the following conditions:

1) You level a character to prestige III and level 50, or

2) You level a character to prestige III, level 50, and your characters has every perk for that character.

I like option 2 better because it encourages more game play when new perks are added to the game. When you unlock a fifth perk, it only unlocks for the one character unless you meet the conditions on another character. Either that, or you can do it twice...one killer and one survivor. I assume that has been suggested before.

Nukeroot

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

No. That makes that you HAVE to level up every killer to p3 to keep up.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

No thanks. Prestige is for the clothing. The grind is hard enough as it is and we don't need a fifth perk slot.

• themirrortwin
    themirrortwin Member Posts: 280

The grind is rough. I definitely don't like the idea of this requirement becoming the norm. I do sometimes wonder about a 5th perk though, especially for killer as you are basically required to run at least one gen speed perk at the higher ranks.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited October 2019

Adding a fifth perk slot once you have P3-50'd a character and unlocked ALL perks for them? This would totally embrace and canonize the incredibly toxic and oppressive grind with no hope for improvement, and it would create a gulf between the "haves" and "have-nots" of DBD, but the gulf would be made of nothing but time. That is, if all you do is play DBD, maybe you would have a shot at "earning" this.

Only the extreme minority of players would be able to hit this milestone with, like, even a character or two in any reasonable time frame. My one-year anniversary is coming up next weekend, November 3, and I still haven't unlocked every teachable perk. How do you think it would look to the player base if that were the first step toward reaching a single character's full potential?

Not to mention the fact that having five perks would fundamentally alter the game balance in a really destructive way -- totally tilted in favor of survivors, I might add, because it carries the potential for four extra perks in play that the killer has to account for, while the killer would only have a single extra perk.

No, I dont like this idea.

Post edited by Inji on