The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

You cared about their fun so much that you took away mine

lynelmane
lynelmane Member Posts: 549
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

As we all know, Hex:Ruin was completely changed in the last update. So far i've only played survivor since then in order to complete that half of the tome II challenges. But I decided to work on the killer side. I played a round as Spirit on Gas Heaven, and boy, let me tell ya.

TL;DR at the bottom if you don't like reading. It wont hurt my feelings if you skip this, haha.

The ruin change has really hurt my fun. I played normally, non-toxic, as if ruin were the same as it used to be, and I got dunked on by these survivors. They played well, but it felt so much worse for me than if old ruin were being used. It stayed up for a few minutes! But that meant nothing because even on a high mobility killer, I had trouble keeping them off gens. I couldn't imagine playing on a bigger map such as rotten fields.

Sure, you can say that since i've only played one game since the update that I can't say anything yet about the change, but I don't think that's true. It took me only 1 game with a pretty good map and skill-matched survivors to realize that this ruin change was the wrong thing.

People have been quite for the past while on the forums, but that is only because they know that the change will never be reverted. There's no point wasting energy on something futile right? i'm going to keep fighting for this - for all the killer mains and players who know that this was the wrong thing.

I think this change couldve been good if it were either a) an entirely separate perk or b) changed after the gen speeds/swf advantage is addressed.

BHVR changed the one solution to a big problem instead of looking at the cause of the actual problem. Ruin was not the cause, it was the only solution. Killers are now being destroyed by survivors with any level of skill just because the devs wanted new players to have more fun. Just because they couldnt hit skill checks. What's the point of spending 100s or 1000's of hours getting good at something just for it to be nerfed to the point that a rank 20 with 10 minutes of playtime could do it?

This game is hard, and it's supposed to be hard. I could accept that when I first started. It was hard, but I got better and sucked it up. But now new players are being babied just because they aren't good at the game in the first 10 minutes.

TL;DR: The ruin change was a bad idea and it has taken away the fun of killers because the fun of new survivors seems to be the dev's priority.

Sorry for the long rant but I really think this change was poorly timed at the very least. This game is gonna lose its veteran and seasoned players because it's too easy for survivors to win now.

Post edited by lynelmane on

Comments