Unpopular Opinion, Killers are MORE Toxic than Survivor

Options

Comments

• Ireath
    Ireath Member Posts: 91
    Options

I've said this before on another post but toxicity is probably equal to both sides. Survivors being toxic gets talked about more due to there being four of them in a match.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,566
    Options

I am trying to actually contribute something.

From personal experience, and second-hand experience, Survivors at Red Ranks are far more likely to be toxic than the Killer. Most of the toxic Killers hover around low Purple and Green Ranks.

However, just by simple logistics, there have to be more toxic Survivors than toxic Killers. You need four Survivors to start a match but only one Killer.

Anyway. point is, you are trying to incite anger and outrage by drawing lines between Survivors and Killers. The line you SHOULD be drawing is between toxic people and non-toxic people.

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581
    Options

I don't know,but if you look at the report features,a good few are things survivors do. Blocking the hook,working with the killer,etc. I've seen some pretty trollish survivors...but some would argue they are just viable strategies,unless it's an outright exploit. The DCs make me mad too,but in the end maybe the match would've sucked anyways. I play almost exclusively on console,so I can't speak on that,but I have seen people on both sides say some crazy stuff on videos and such.

• Cable2486
    Cable2486 Member Posts: 249
    Options

There's a lot to unpack here, but let's start with the whole "Mori's are toxic". No, they aren't. They're simply a tool. No more, no less. They simply cut corners, allowing the killer to do what they're supposed faster then normal. The issue Survivors have with them is exactly that: there is no counter play beyond not getting found/caught. What most DON'T think about, is that it more than fits into the the games overall concept. It embodies it, actually.

Now the Franklin's & DC would be considered toxic, for sure. Same with Franklin's and camping the item.

Face camping is annoying, but what you described is a frustrated Killer that lacks skill, patience, etc to want to chase an individual that's obviously a problem for them. They want them gone by any means necessary with no chance of being more problematic then they already have been. Face camping while striking over and over again, despite it doing nothing is toxic, angry behavior, or a new killer.

Flashlight clicking isn't always a means of trying to get someone's attention, I'm afraid. More often then not, it's used at endgame with copious teabagging and pointing, which is absolutely toxic, especially if it's from a looper you had trouble with, or someone who's been a particular thorn in your side that game and knows it.

As to the terrorizing, it's in the job description, as well. It's a means to an end. Cause chaos, take advantage of said chaos to slow Survivors down or keep them occupied, and then use that as a window to hunt them down and kill them. Nothing wrong with that.

• ChunChunMaru
    ChunChunMaru Member Posts: 52
    Options

Killers have the opportunity to be more toxic, yes. But are they more toxic? No.

Survivors think anything that results in their death is toxic (generalization, do not mean EVERY survivor). Survivor players are waaaay more toxic than Killers. And I can say that with confidence solely based off end of game chat. A killer will normally leave chat immediately or just say gg. Where as survivors have the need to cry "baby killer" and "why are you playing X killer". Or "why are you tunneling?". Maybe you get a game where a killer is toxic, but there are toxic players on both sides. And chances are, you're just playing against a killer that got attacked in chat the game before by entitled survivors and now all they see is red lmao

• JewelTK
    JewelTK Member Posts: 12
    Options

I don't remember ever being called vitriolic slurs by Killers before in post-game chat. Survivors however, goddamn do they go off.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    Options

Your point: Hillbilly is OP, because anyone can pick him up and be good with him fast.

Looking at your history (as well as what I said to you), almost everyone has told you that's not the case, and why. Your response is always an elaborate version of "nuh uh". But keep on keeping on, man.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 896
    Options

There is toxicity on both sides. Whatever side you favor, most are convinced the other side is more problematic. The DBD community would do well to stop cutting itself in half. There are toxic people in this game: The flashlight clicker, end-game chat abuser, spam pallet and locker noises person goes on to become the ebony mori every game, facecamper, beat person on hook player. Surely, people don't think a survivor has never touched killer and vice versa or that the moment they do they become an angel.

• Feyd
    Feyd Member Posts: 428
    Options

You are triggered very easily and clearly don't play survivor much. The OP is spot on. Many killers go into a game purely with the intention of ruining other people's day.

The number of teabagging or flashlight clicking survivors I run into as killer are minimal. The number of camping, tunneling, torturing killers though? Pretty much every other game. It's the entire reason perks like BT and DS are so prevalent and powerful. Because killers make them so.

• Zombra808
    Zombra808 Member Posts: 77
    Options

"PeRkS tHaT cOunTeR mY pLaYstYLe iS oP"

You're spot on of why killers think DS and BT are op, because all they know is tunneling. I've played so much killer, and the only time I do get DSed is when I just want to eat it. If killers didn't tunnel, maybe their kill rate would go up???? Just a thought.

• Feyd
    Options

It's just so simple: don't go back to the hook. That's two people running and not working on a gen. Go get someone working on a gen. It's the reason BBQ, discordance, etc exist... To give you an indication of where to go next.

• Zombra808
    Zombra808 Member Posts: 77
    Options

I do play killer, quite a lot, and like I said, I don't get DSed a lot. It's because I don't tunnel. And if you do have to down the person with DS, then slug. If they have unbreakable, you get it out early. If survivors complain about slugging, then they're just wrong, know that and move on.

• McLightning
    Options

It has nothing to do with "not tunneling". The fact that I can hook someone, and then hook 2 other people, find the first person again (which isn't tunneling), and still get DS'd is broken. It needs to be a shorter time that freezes during chases and doesn't work during EGC. Boom, fixed.

• Feyd
    Options

Apparently you didn't read, because both the OP and myself said we play killer and never get DS'd.

Stop. Guarding. The. Hook. Period.

If you hook and move on, it doesn't matter if they come and save with DS. You're already on to the next survivor. They get a chance to heal and do something, you get more pressure by pushing another survivor off a gen. Win. Win. Win all around.

You all only have a problem with the perk because you play terribly and need to guard the hook for an easy down. Go get another survivor. There are four of them. The ones unhooking are not on gens. Don't ignore the ones in gens and then complain about gen rush and being DS'd by a perk specifically designed to stop your bad behavior. Just stop it. Play better. Don't get DS'd.

• McLightning
    edited February 2020
    Options

DS comes into play whether or not you guard the hook. Guarding the hook has literally nothing to do with it. If you actually played killer, you'd know that.

Imagine needing to insult someone because your argument is paper thin. Be civil, my dude.

• Feyd
    Options

I never get DS'd. What're you doing wrong?

I love this. Complain about a perk that is 100% in your power to avoid. Get tips on how to avoid it. Then whine at the people telling you how to avoid it.

DS and BT are completely wasted perks against me in every game I play as killer. Neither one of them ever goes off. If they're going off on you, you need to see what you're doing wrong. Not me. Not the survivor. YOU.

• McLightning
    Options

I must be guarding the hook. That must be it. Cause DS and guarding the hook are totally related.

lol

• Feyd
    Options

I didn't say you were. I asked what are you doing wrong? Did you forget who you hooked and try to pull them out of a locker later?

If they run at you to try and force the DS, slug them and move on. That's their own stupid fault. However, you shouldn't have to worry about the perk in the overwhelming majority of games.

Don't blame the perk because you made a mistake. I find head-on infinitely more annoying.

• McLightning
    Options

You did say it though.

"Stop. Guarding. The. Hook. Period."

(guarding the hook still has no relation to DS btw)

• Feyd
    Options

And yet, it does. That's the only way BT ever activates and the main reason why someone gets DS'd.

If you never play survivor, you don't notice how the overwhelming majority of killers either camp the hook directly, or only go far enough away that they can return immediately(nurses, spirits, huntress, Billy, hag, etc).

• McLightning
    Options

Really? So I have to stay near the hook for DS to work?

*Totally has relation*.

• Hunefer
    Hunefer Member Posts: 15
    Options

There are so many more ways for survivors to be toxic than teabagging, for example bodyblocking, especially below the hook which is bugusing, SWF teams in general, Blendettes (I am guilty of this one myself) and the list goes on. And in postgame chat survivors are far more toxic than killers, I think this is because the postgame chat is a 1v4 situation were the killer cant do much vs the bullying.

• Shaai1
    Shaai1 Member Posts: 87
    Options

Sir, may i ask you to use some paragraphs next time.

It is not easy to read that wall of text.

• Feyd
    Options

Are you illiterate? I said it's the "main reason" for DS to get activated. Not the sole one. But please, keep standing on that hill if you want to die there. That's fine.

If you get hit by DS, you ######### up. Period. It's entirely within your power to avoid. You forgot who you hooked and how long ago or you tunneled them like most skilless killers. Every DS to you should literally slap you in the face. Maybe then you'd learn to play around it like someone with a brain.

• McLightning
    edited February 2020
    Options

I don't think I'm illiterate. I managed to read the part where you said DS and guarding the hook are somehow related. Even though they aren't and have never been. You can gloss over it now and dodge like your life depends on it, like you're currently doing. What you originally said in response was to "Stop.Guarding.The Hook. Period". There was no "main reason" given in your original comment; and even still, your experience is not the same as everyone else's experience. Take a knee, bud.

:)

• Feyd
    Options

I don't get DS'd. You do. I think we know who knows what they're doing and who's just playing semantics now and thinking they're cute. It'd be funny if it wasn't pathetic.

Continue to harp on that one point though like a brainless parrot. And continue to be DS'd from playing as badly as one.

• McLightning
    edited February 2020
    Options

I never actually said I get DS'd. Putting words in my mouth now? :)

What I will say though, is I have been DS'd a few times here and there, and when it happens, I've usually already hooked 1-2 other people and come across that person again. So, how is this anti tunnel? How is this "guarding the hook"? Look up in the sky - see that thing floating away in the distance? That's your entire argument.

• Feyd
    Options

Polly want a cracker? You just keep saying the same thing mindlessly. One minute off the hook is a short time. Learn to count and remember who was hooked.

• McLightning
    edited February 2020
    Options

That spicy dodge, though. Couldn't address my actual point, so he just belittles me. Imagine accusing me of "saying the same thing over and over", when that is, verbatim, what you've been doing.

Thanks for the W.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,807
    Options
  • McLightning
    Options
  • th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,807
    Options

Cause I should have let them all go xD The person who said that was the last one who kept trying to bait me with sprint burst. She didn't know that agitation handled that well l0l

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542
    Options

When a big slice of them come to my profile to harass me, that's how survivors are toxic

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Not OP. Too low a skill floor for such a high reward, compared to other top killers. There is a difference.

But no. You keep pushing that easy to dismiss narrative of he's OP.

• McLightning
    Options

You keep dismissing the fact that a new billy is an absolute potato, and is only decent against new survivors.

This is why you repeatedly lose this debate with other people.

• PigMainClaudette
    Options

Again. Not attacking my actual point. ANYBODY is a potato in their first game. You know how many bad Billy games I've had? One. The first one I ever played. The rest? Highly dominant 4k's.

I have verses Hillbillies like PC players have Nurses, and played him for a good while myself. It is through hours of observation that I have come to my conclusion, but you obviously don't care. You just want to cheese chainsaws and prove the OP's point.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

If survivor die, its toxic.. Amirite?

• McLightning
    Options

Oh okay. So on their second game, they have fully learned how to use Billy and are god tier?

Gotcha.

• PigMainClaudette
    Options

I would say "good talking to you", but your conversational skills need work.

• McLightning
    edited February 2020
    Options

What? I'm reiterating what you said:

ANYBODY is a potato in their first game. You know how many bad Billy games I've had? One. The first one I ever played. The rest? Highly dominant 4k's.

The rest includes your second game.

Are you denying saying this? Or...?

• Wheaters
    Wheaters Member Posts: 3
    Options

I always lurk these forums in curiosity, I enjoy this game quite a bit but it sort of baffles me how seriously people seem to take it. And because of that I can't help but break my lurking to sort of agree with OP.

I don't think the forums truly reflect what I experience in game, I think people are louder and angrier here than I see in post game chat. I've seen toxic comments (and behaviour in-game but I can't think of many tbag, flashlight click, or camping that didn't make me laugh since much of the game puts me in a giggly mood) sometimes but I definitely see a quick "gg" more.

On forum lurking though I see SO MANY toxic killers. Not the ones that have legit changes or issues they illustrate with examples because they feel there is an inbalance. Just a storm of sarcasm and remarks on how much worse the other role behaves, how they mock and complain the most yet the first page of the forums is always disproportionate anti-survivour posts. And if the post isn't about baiting that, then the replies to legit killer posts wanting to discuss concerns is immediately taken over by aggressive, rude and insulting anti-survivour replies.

It's just odd to me. Entertaining though! I always end up looking in curiosity. And sorry for rambling, I appear to have a terminal case of longwindedness.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,517
    Options

As someone who moderates this forum and gets to see a lot of what is considered toxic in game - I can assure you all, both sides are equally as toxic. In game you get 4 survivors to 1 killer, which is quite often why it appears to be more survivor toxicity than killer ones - pack mentality and all that. Plus you tend to remember the worst comments and forget or overlook the matches where there's no toxicity.

Plus I have to say, toxicity is a pretty personal thing - to some people flashlight clicking and teabagging are toxic, to others it's not - same as killers nodding their heads for example, some people say that's toxic, it's all pretty variable.

• zaquintar
    zaquintar Member Posts: 54
    Options

Yeah... Agree your statement is pretty unpopular. Next

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,591
    Options

No way.

• VoodooChild
    VoodooChild Member Posts: 319
    Options

Yeah in theory but in practice youd be spending like 10 minutes getting into a game to take away one of probably many items. If youre not mad that that happened to you seems like youre just reaching to try to find a way justify calling killers toxic lol. low key kind of toxic

• Kurosuji
    Kurosuji Member Posts: 27
    Options

Both sides are equally toxic as #########.

• Mastergee
    Mastergee Member Posts: 6
    Options

Erm no. Survivors tbag, tease the killer at the exit, all gang around a hook, repair gens really fast, use cheap tactics.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    Options

Play as a low rank killer with current matchmaking and you'll see some toxic AF survs who then go out of their way to harass you after the fact.

• Lufanati
    Lufanati Member Posts: 198
    Options

There's nothing cruel about a slug race. You're literally giving all but one a free escape.