How do you feel about the speed of generator repair and the overall speed of the game?

Comments

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I think the speed is fine for the most part. The issue for me are map size where I am not fast enough to go on opposite end of the maps to defend gens. I also feel like kicking a generator without pop goes the weasel doesn't regress the gen enough to make a difference. For me, I NEED PGTW to properly play effectively mid to end game. Otherwise kicking a generator is worthless since it will not regress enough to make a difference IMO.

While it's a bit discouraging having two generators pop early game, for me the real match begins when there's 3 or 2 gens left. That's where I feel I'm the strongest as killer and where survivors have to really apply pressure to getting the gens finished especially if they manage to 3 gen themselves. The ruin change did not affect my overall killer performance since I hardly used it previously and my main killer is Trapper. I perform fine for the most part in red ranks (Rank 1 killer).

As a solo survivor, it's pretty screwed up right now because I am a rank 1 survivor and the killers I usually face are green ranks (Rank 10+) which is very unfair. The majority of those matches tend to end very quickly with the killer not getting any hooks sometimes. However, playing against a proper red rank killer changes the speed of the match. Great killers will pressure survivors off gens, slug, and constantly hook people stalling the game. I feel that in those situations (especially mid to late game), if gen speeds were to increase, it would make matches very difficult to win if you play solo survivor.

• FrootLoops
    FrootLoops Member Posts: 376

I'm pretty torn on this subject as a survivor main. I tend to stay around mid rank (10 - 7) because I'm a casual gamer and I never play SWF. as such I escape maybe 3 or 4 out of 10 matches. I'm fine with that. If gen times were to be increased then I think that would drop to 1 or 2 instead and make it extremely frustrating to work on gens at all.

I understand killers are frustrated with games lasting 5 minutes and makes it unfun for them which, fair point. I like ScottJunds idea a lot and feel like that would be perfect for a survivor like myself as well since it adds to the suspense without affecting overall gameplay. My only objection (which I stated in that thread) is that there should be a way for survivors to end the warm up state as well, specifically by completing one gen. When one gen is done then the killer knows exactly where that survivor is in that instant and can head straight for them, so no more warm up needed.

What I think needs to be kept in mind here as well is that while a 5 minute game can be frustrating as killer, I've literally had 30 second games as survivor because I'm first downed and face camped. killers can push survivors out of a game that quickly, so when I read these complaints about games that last 10 times longer than that, it makes it hard to sympathize.

As for SWF, I think there should be tiered buffs to killer for 2/3/4 friends.it could be gen times, it could be info, it could be movement speed. whatever it is I think killers should get a buff to compensate for the buff being in a group brings

sorry for the ramble 😁

• BaconyToast
    BaconyToast Member Posts: 75
    edited February 2020

Changing gen times based on killer is not really a good idea. What if someone finds a super broken new way to play a killer? Kind of like how Tru3 got Wraith to be semi-viable.

There's also the problem with knowing exactly what killer it is by gen speed and chance to find a specific low ranking killer.

THEN you got things like Brand New Part which completes 25% of the generator, not a set amount of time.

You also have Keys so even if you're doing poorly vs a "low rank killer" you can still win.

Having generators be consistent and just buffing weak killers/nerfing op killers so they're all on the same level would be the ideal situation.

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496

Way to fast. As killer unless I run a top tier pressure killer or slug with infectious they pop and are done in like 3 to 4 minutes. As survivor it's boring, I have to actively seek out the killer because gens are done and I'll depip.

• MonkeyBoi69
    MonkeyBoi69 Member Posts: 2

The speed makes it difficult for Killers. I tried Hillbilly for the first time with his tinkerer perk, it alerts me when a gen is at 85%, i got an alert so i went to it, it went from 85% to complete in i second, and only one person was working on it, i was able to tell with bitter murmur. So we need to attack the survivors, deal with impossible loops, hit the survivor which will only help them get away, to their teammates to get healed in 3 seconds, all that in a span of for my example, 9 seconds, all that time is enough time for people to get two gens done, it's angering seeing two gens finish at the same time, we can't get 4 separate survivors, patrol 7 gens at the same time, cause we can only chase 1 survivor at a time, three can work on gens, either change the speed, or add an extra part to the game entirley in my opinion. Killers need specific builds to help them, and most of the perks needed are from other killers, killer builds are situational, survivor builds are good in almost every game, it's just not fair period.

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 613

I don't care how you attempt to play a Killer. Some of them just aren't going to suddenly be better out of the blue.

Wraith has no pressure outside of direct contact. You can have some good games with him but you can say the same about Clown. A few cherry picked games doesn't overcome an average. And a Killer that can't pressure anyone outside of direct contact isn't going to do anything to slow multiple Survivors at once, never mind stop them.

So by the time Wraith downs 1 Survivor, the other 3 have more or less finished a gen each. If they so much as spread the remaining gens out in any way, then Wraith can't sustain what pressure he has. Can't chase more than 1 guy, can't defend more than 1 gen, can't pressure anything but what is right in front of him.

You can say that same thing for a lot of Killers. But most of those have other ways to apply pressure. Billy has high mobility to travel anywhere ASAP and has a one hit down. Nurse can bypass walls. Huntress has a ranged attack to reach anything she sees. Those are high tier Killers because they don't have to waste as much time per Survivor and can pressure more of them more often.

Trapper/Hag can lock up entire areas in time to make them dead zones. Ghostface/Shape can stealth about to get closer in mindgames and has a one hit down option if/when needed. Demogorgon can be anywhere on the map through tunnels within seconds and has a super lunge to reduce loops. Pig has both stealth and a time stall through RBTs. Oni gets better mobility than any other Killer in the game with a multi hit one shot. Mid tier Killers have the ability to pressure in a number of ways. Faster loops, map travel, time stalls, or a mix of them

Then comes low tier Killers, where I rank Wraith a Clown. Wraith has stealth, but nothing else. Cloak is worthless in a loop, isn't a time stall, and even though you do move faster while cloaked it doesn't give any note worthy gains in map travel with how long it takes to go into and out of cloak. Clown is low tier due to almost the same reasons. No map travel, no time stall, and although his gas bottles should help in loops they take time to use that hurts his loops to give almost no gain at all in the end.

The devs already list all Killers as Easy, Intermediate, or Hard. Those lists are often seen as a joke. But they in fact do put all Killers in a tier list. If you want an easy game and play a high tier Killer, Survivors have an (comparably) easy game. If you want a medium game and play a mid tier Killer, Survivors get a medium difficulty as well. But say you want to suffer and play a low rank Killer, then Survivors get to play on hard mode as well.

Doesn't have to be purely gen times. Skill checks can be effected and be smaller or bigger based on what tier of Killer it is. High tier Killers have the same skill checks as now. Mid tier gets 15% smaller skill checks. And low tier games could have 30% smaller skill checks by default. That alone could be worth looking into.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607

In my opinion gen time shloud be increased, but killer perks that slow down the game shloud be nerfed, so they remain as an option, not as a need to have chance to even do something.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

Too many variables to define a one-size-fits-all gen time figure.

For solo q, in red ranks, against good killers, gen times are fine and the survivors often still take the bad part of the bargain.

For solo q beginners, gens are even too slow.

For 4-man SWF, if they go full sweaty, gens will fly. They can still get be obliterated against high-tier killer.

Increasing gen time in a vacuum is very dangerous without taking a look at camping/proxy/tunneling, because it's sufficient to force a hook stage or death and it would be 3v1 with slow gens remaining, with any slowdown and regression perks/addons on top of that.

That's why I'm against any increase in gen time without an overall rework of the (un)balance of the game. The issue about DbD right now is that it's very snowball-based. This is why genrushing is THE strategy for survivors, because if those gens don't go fast in the beginning, they won't go at all later on when the killer gains momentum.

One example is a game in the red ranks for the archives. The Killer (GF) just stealthed by the hooked survivor. One on hook and one slugged, both camped. You can imagine the rest. There's little solo q can do against this. Very easy strategy that can be implemented with adjustments with killers that aren't even stealthy.

P.S. I played a lot of survivor for the archives lately and I'm honestly done for more than the one daily for the extra XP. I'm be back to Killer for the bp. Playing solo is not worth the hassle 4 out of 5 games.

• tkwmm
    tkwmm Member Posts: 103
    edited February 2020

The gen was going too fast and ending too fast for low mobility killer. It is all up to survivor to decide whether they want to stay in the game and play with you more or what if using low mobility killer.

My record using trapper.

Summary of Entire game.

Average Game Time : 6 minute ++

Average Hook before EGC : 4 hook

yeah, around 4-5 chase, all gen are done.

I have no complain about the gen, but some map is too big for killer to patrol the gen, doesn't need to mention some trapper trap are scattered at the far end corner of the map which consume lots of time to pick up.

• Runcore
    Runcore Member Posts: 328

Gens are done so fast. Should be slowed down.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Too ######### fast.

Anybody who says otherwise, is clearly showing what side they prefer.

• Runcore
    Runcore Member Posts: 328
    edited February 2020

Exactly, only survivor main can tell that gen speed is ok. Its not, everybody with eyes must admit it.

• themirrortwin
    themirrortwin Member Posts: 280

Honestly, gen speed is a rank problem. At lower ranks, I think it is fine. At red ranks, it is too fast because survivors have learned the game and are very efficient.

A fix would have to be in the form of tiered gen speeds. And yes, that is confusing as it is because you might get mixed ranks. That is a problem for the Devs. At higher ranks, I believe Gen speed should be a tiny, tiny bit nerfed.

• Outpotatoed
    Outpotatoed Member Posts: 1

I think the status of the game is horrible right now. The games go way too quick, as survivors as well as killers. Playing this game now around 2.2 k hours i think ive got a good grasp of the concepts and strategies. That being said im in no way a pro like some streamers are, and even they struggle with the game speed.

As an additional info (which i think is critical) im playing on PC in EU, and im getting mostly Russians and EU players. Im playing at evening hours (around 4 pm to 1am). Here my experience:

Surivor (only playing solo): First of all the quene times are extremly long (5 -15 mins). When i do get a game its usually over in about 5 mins, which makes the waiting time all the more annoying. Also when facing no high tier killer (Nurse, Spirit or billy) 50% of the games i just do gens, and maybe one unhook when im fast enough. Killer usually only gets 1 or 2 hooks and 1 -2 kills when he camps or has noed. the other 50% of the games i get chases, whcih is the only reason fopr me to play survivor cuz its pretty fun to try and outmindgame the killer. outmindgaming a good killer is quite hard and im in no way a pro (altho rank 1-3). But even my mediocre looping skills are usually enough to have at LEAST 3 gens be done before i go down.. then the game i feel is pretty much over except we outpotatoe each other, or just mess around.

Sure sometimes the games go longer and are much more fun, but only when the killer finds a potatoe who goes down in 20 secs. Then the games can be nail biter and are pretty fun/exciting.

All in all: When the killer doesent find the potatoest of potatoes (which i admit, is sometimes me) and all survivors do gens when not in a chase or saving, the game goes way to quick and makes it so sometimes you wont even see the killer.

As a Killer ive got the same feeling. Gens go either way the f* too quick or not at all. On small maps the gen times are kinda fine but large maps suck so much i feel like dcing after i see coldind for the 1000t time. As killer you have to find the weakest link and try to capitalize on this. If you dont find the Potatoe within the first 1-2 mins, your usually done for. In other words: when no one is unskilled and does gens, the game will not be fun.

Sure you could slug and camp and tunnel but those are all unfun mechanics (for the killer as well imo) to secure 1 or 2 kills in such games, but thats it.

So all in all games go WAY too fast. I dunno what to do about that. I guess fixing matchmaking, but that will require to measure the skill of survivors (and the emblem system does NOT do that). A skilled survivor can loop. Thats it. Nothing more should matter. Doing gens should come natural once you got the basics of the game, and should not be a mesurement of skill. In other words: If you have a game where you wont get chased, you wont get any MMR. If you do get chased for a long time, this means youre skilled and belong to the red ranks. Same with killer: when ending a chase quick, you are skilled. I know there are more variables to that but thats the simplest way to measure a survivors skill. When to hold m1 and when to save should not be a real criteria (except maybe unsafe unhooks should be a MMR minus)

I would really LOVE to see additional objectives or some other way to prolong a trial, but i dont have much hope for that. The way i see it: longer games = more fun = more chases. And this is whyy i (and i think we all) play dbd

greez

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

Gen speeds are fine and I play both sides. I don't want a match to drag out. I want to be in and out (without being tunneled and camped/morid)

Yes longer matches tend to favor the killer but they're also boring.

• Larisa
    Larisa Member Posts: 176

My games as a killer now 5-7 mins at max. Sometimes I can get -4 but not hooking everyone for 3 times obviously.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Hello

Here is my honest answer. The games are going to fast most of the time.

It is either one side that the killer is mowing my team down way to fast, or the survivors are able to do the gens very fast.

But to accomplish great gaming experience in terms of longer and more interesting matches, they have to do some major changes.

• Survivors have to have more possibilitys to defend themself and stall out the game longer (in any way)
    • There has to be more objectives or different objectives that would take longer to do.

Longer possibilitys of chases, longer objectives.

On top of that, killers have to be changed aswell. Some killers are breaking the game if we want longer gaming experience (Nurse and Spirit definitly, probably even Billy, Huntress and Freddy) with their great chase potential (i am not talking about you who reads this, i am talking about a godtier killer, that actually knows how to chase survivors, you know, a nurse that gets 2 downs within 40 seconds of the game)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited February 2020

I just want the killer role to be a less frustrating and difficult position. Playing survivor is relaxing by comparison. Playing killer is being people's punching bag, feeling helpless, like the survivors have all the power in the world over you and rarely the other way around.

Even if gens were too fast, the game was survivors escaping 80% of the time, I could live with it if they just tried to make the killer role less stressful and frustrating and instead more fun....I don't see how that can be done though unless they rebuilt their game from scratch, they kinda dev'd their way into a corner with this game.

• JTSLogic
    JTSLogic Member Posts: 15

I'm a survivor and killer main. I've played both ever since I started playing about a year ago. Gen speeds and the speed of the match have been an interesting topic to me ever since I started hitting red ranks. I've noticed gen speed isn't an issue in low and average ranks, but very difficult to control in red ranks. As a survivor, it's pretty easy to just do gens while one person loops the killer for at least 80 seconds. Sometimes it's not even the killer's fault, he may be chasing someone and decides to stop the chase to find another survivor on a gen, but still has two other survivors finishing gens. The average gens done in my matches are a lead up to the three gen strat and matches barely lasting fifteen minutes. It is way easier for me to play survivor than killer, shouldn't be that way. It should be balanced. I would suggest a change on toolboxes since that would be the less drastic change.

• kosmi
    kosmi Member Posts: 363
    edited February 2020

Atm rank 2 surv. Oscilating from 1 to 2. And rank 2 as killer last time i cheked(don't even care for the ranks). Don't play killers from the ruin update, get in 2-3 games max only to do chalneges. Usualy end ups with full team kill if i go ultra toxic spirit or doc on specific maps(but it is not fun for me to play like that). Other than that i don't even try to play more games cz of high probability to go against swf read team on comms with meta perks, so don't want to get my nervs frustrating of toxic behaviour in those teams.

Atm surv main as i said, i am perfectly fine with gen speed, more bps, faster and steady farm on surv side. So in the end i have preaty much chill game and enjoying my life while playing the game. Preaty much 85% time i escp.

Also strictly solo player. If i go with team from time to time then we ususaly get killer dc cz of frustration from looping and gen poping.

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

Gen speed are fine, its that half of the maps are too big for most M1 killers Coal towers is a perfect sized map

• Whiskers93
    Whiskers93 Member Posts: 95

Devs after seeing all the posts about how gens are going too fast and maps are too big: "so what you're saying is... we need to make the game easier for survivors"

• Doudou
    Doudou Member Posts: 36
    edited February 2020

My answers;

Gen speed at high ranks = too fast

Gen speed at low rank = too long

Gen speed in the mid ranks = usually leveled out but can go quick

Also, a lil tidbit Ill add; It sucks being a high rank survior waiting forever to get a short match cause everyone is doing gens and the killer isnt a spirit or because everyone wanted to farm the same hook and are all downed in 2 minutes. I play killer mostly cause of this. I mean sure, I get those super quick matches that end in 5 minutes and my anxiety flung through the roof when I get swf's all running headon. But, at least I don't have to wait forever for the next match.

• Flawless_
    Flawless_ Member Posts: 323

Gen times are not the problem! If it didn’t take me an eternity to travel across the map I could pressure gens effectively in most situations.

Making maps slightly smaller would make the game more fun for everyone. The killer wouldn’t have to give up gens just because they’re 500 meters away and survivors wouldn’t need to hold M1 even longer. Not to mention good survivors abuse the fact that they can hold W and drop pallets early to bring the killer as far as possible from gens, knowing that it means an almost guaranteed gen even if they go down.

That being said I really think a team should only be able to bring 2 toolboxes, no more. Just my ¢2.

• DrownedFish
    DrownedFish Member Posts: 107

As a killer you can see how fast gens go by Bloodpoints gained each match. My average was at like 27-28k before ruin nerf. It's like 21-22 k right now. You almost always have to 3 gen if you want a decently long game. I don't care about pips or kills. I don't want a 4k with 15k points, that's boring.

As a survivor, like i said games go ao fast you can't do enough things to get decent bp. Less chases and unhooks. I never had problems stacking we are gonna live forever before. Now i rarely get 3-4 stacks unless i rush hooks like a rank20...

There is only one exception to those and it's dc. When people dc on first down/hook(or kill themselves on 1. Hook), game becames a farmfest or slaughter depends on killer behavior. And don't give me that kill percentage bullcrap, people dc a lot and that's why kill percentages are so high.

Give survivors more things to do or give killers some early game help.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 901

Too fast. Pretty much all I can say as of lately haha.

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337

As a killer main on console, I’m gonna be completely honest. The game is still winnable in the red ranks unless if you’re going against a sweat-squad but the thing is... the game is is just so unfun and frustrating even if you managed to win. That’s because of gens speed and the survivor perks that you gonna have to play around.. they’re too many.. Hell, even ZubatLEL got sick of playing killer because of the survivors’ perks.

• Kurosuji
    Kurosuji Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2020

Well in most of my games, playing survivor or killer, there's usually about 3 gens left by time the killer gets a hook. Ruin was perfectly balanced to slowing down the game so I dont understand why the devs changed that (this coming from a survivor main). With the ruin change, you're in deep crap if there is one or possibly more brand new part and you're in even worse crap if an optimal SWF. So yeah, I think that gen speed needs to be slowed down a bit. I get that there are new survivors that struggle with doing gens, but if we expect killers to get better at the game, then we should expect survivors to get better as well.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I'd say it "feels" too fast but it's just the pace of the game... having 2-4 survivors on 1-2 gens creates pressure on the killer thus making it seem like gens fly by... but the killer can put that pressure back onto survivors by getting hits and hooks in making it seem like the killer is snowballing

The biggest issue stems from the fact that most maps aren't balanced for both sides and even some killers are even worse off by it... maps need to be "slightly" or "considerably" reduced in overall size and gen placement need to be looked at....

Also there's no more effects on skillchecks so in essence just hit skillchecks 4head and GGEZ afterward... I made a post on making status effects apply to skillchecks so both killers and survivors can feel like they played the game (but not meny ppl read/reacted to it feelsbadman) like making critical choices on healing or using SB to get to a Gen at the start of the match

And (I swear this is the last thing I want to say on this... maybe) some perks and items can also make the match go quick survivors have more options to chose from but suffer from "gotta do every thing on my own" syndrome so they bring perks like SC(cause no one will heal me), DS(cause someone will unhook me in front of the killer), UB(cause no one will pick me up), etc. And the killer brings their best perks (up for debate) BBQ&C (cause I at least want 10k BP for this match... oh look I see someone SC ING in the corner of the map), SB (cause they heal to fast), old Ruin (cause they get gens done in my face), etc... All I'm saying is that the player base as a whole is better then before and the devs only throw perks on us like band-aids and call it a day... give us new game play content and the matches would be even (maybe)

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441

Were basically back to square 1 except that the devs are even more (UN)smart'er

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

The devs are thinking of new content with a few changes to existing content not the other way around cause they want more players new to the game

But little do they know but if they fixed this game it will be more appealing to new players and word of mouth can be even better for the game

I didn't even know of this game till a friend gifted it to me

• Smeson
    Smeson Member Posts: 43

The genspeeds are going way too quick in red ranks. Cant even keep pressure as freddy sometimes, and I prefer playing pig/legion.

This has also made the survivors alot more toxic, not only to play against them, but as a survivor in red ranks they are toxic as hell to you aswell. When survivors expect easy games all the time, and a slight misshap happens they assault you at once. Its a clear difference since killers got nerfed (again...).

• Haraak
    Haraak Member Posts: 119

Too fast at the beggining of the game. Survivors should have more objectives to complete in order to scape. Then it would be funnier for both sides.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

This is A huge misconception I find within the game. The problem isn’t gen speeds but rather the ability to pressure gens as a killer, and this comes down to map size. Large maps are extremely difficult to win with low-mid tier killers, and they also skew up results regarding how good every killer is, because high mobility killers will have far better results on larger maps, yet may do worse on smaller maps due to the low-mid tier killers being able to pressure gens and use their power more efficiently. If you watch a good killer player on a map like wreckers yard (which is a very balanced and fair map regarding size), you will see that they will be able to do far better and keep the gens going far slower than that if they were on a map such as the asylum. Ideally if maps were more around 9000km2 and circular shaped, then I could almost guarantee you that gen speeds would be far less of an issue.

• LuzielErebus
    LuzielErebus Member Posts: 5
    I don't understand how there are still people who say that the time required to make generators is fine. How many hours and experience do they have? I have been playing since the beginning, I will take around 1500 hours. 75% of the time playing all the killers. And in my streamings, people can see how there are games in which in less than 2 minutes they make 3 generators. 
    - 80% of the players are survivors, and I understand that they should feel that it is fun, but they expect us to kill with 12 hooks, and they make 2 generators for each killer hook. In the wiki you can see how between 2 people, with only 1 toolbox, they can make a generator in less than 40 seconds.
    - According to the wiki, the generators take more than 320 seconds to regress. RUIN serves to take only 160 seconds ... seriously? That's what some games last. Even hex: devourer of hope, much stronger, is not used because they often break the hex in less than 2 minutes.
    - I understand that only 20% of the players are murderers. Only one in five. But it is ridiculously easy for survivors to make 5 generators in 4 minutes, being only 2, because the other 2 are in windows, infinite pallets or blinding you in half a second from impossible angles.
    - It is so easy, that being a bad survivor, I have reached rank 2 without perks or addons in my streamings.

Honestly, the game would be much more fun and better if the games were really 20-25 minutes, and not as at present it is normal for everything to be decided in the first 4 minutes. With more duration, there would be more tactics, more time for intermediate or final game tactics and more competitive tension. Sorry for my awkward English. It is not my mother tongue.

• nyan_painbow
    nyan_painbow Member Posts: 53

Repairing speed makes impossibly difficult to get rank up as killer. When survivors get their emblems quickly and easily.

After Ruin was nerfed survivors act UNFAIR and RESPECTLESS towards the killer. They aren't afraid of killer's approaching, they repair IN FRONT OF THE KILLER'S FACE.

Dead by Daylight is now a game where killers are being mocked. Thank you for it.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Standard gen speeds are fine, maps and gen speed increase items aren't. Neither are weaker killers.

Some killers are kept balanced exclusively because killer early games are very weak in terms of pressure. i don't want to be in a world where Hag finishes her setup with 5 gens up or Oni gets his power with 5 gens up. Weaker killers with no map pressure need buffs and maps need reworks. Don't make survivors hold M1 for longer than they already have to.

• KindredMain
    KindredMain Member Posts: 8

For survivor, seeing a gen poping up everywhere on the map seems unabalanced as you thought to yourself "huh, where is the killer?" but then you realize they're still in a chase and struggle with loops or pallet.

For killer, it's unfair and stressful. I recently quit playing as killer (and i used to be rank 3 killer) since Ruin nerf as i know the gen speed would be crazy. And it did happen, tons of matches i played have the first gen done within 35s because we spawned almost miles away from killer. Idk what the f*ck devs have in their minds when they nerfed Ruin but not the gen speed in first minutes itself.

The idea of balancing is the gen speed should be slowed down 40-50% when killer is not in a chase, this change would make the game more fun to play as it forces survivors to interact with killer. If this doesn't happen soon, we already know why the devs are considered to be on of the worst game developers ever.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

Summed up my thoughts exactly. BHVR is known to make very poor game balance decisions unfortunately. They did not stop to really think about why people used ruin so much; they just saw the statistically high rate of use and decided to nerf it into the ground because newer players have a hard time with it. It feels like i am back in early 2018 again when they made flashlight and pallet saves nearly impossible to screw up so that noobs would have an easier time getting them smh.

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

Fast! and i loveit! and i think BHR too lol!

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,956

Gen speed is fine IMO

• gamerscrybecauseofme
    gamerscrybecauseofme Member Posts: 366
    edited February 2020

I must have missed something, when I play, gens seems to take forever. I often wonder if survivors even know how to find them and what to do when they get there. When I play survivor, I think the same ######### too. Nerf ######### teammates

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I think you're in the ballpark here.

Gen speeds are winnable, other things need to change.

Would people rather have extra time added to gens, but then be forced to commit to survivors sprint bursting and running god loops until the windows are blocked off?

Or would people rather just have problematic maps and loops fixed, maps shrunk, removing the boring parts of the game?

The game feels fine on a decent map.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Tossing my thoughts in. There are a lot of games I see as both survivor or killer where all the survivors are dead and the generators aren't done.

Sometimes none of them are done.

I have also been a part of games where we just busted generators and the killer ended the game with like 6000 blood points.

The longer the game takes, the more likely you are to die. I'm gonna die on this hill I know but if the killer wasn't so threatening I wouldn't feel like this gen most turn on now or I die.

What games do killers win? The ones where people were doing totems and slithering around. What games do killers lose? Run to the gen, pop it or we die.

Just saying.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

The problem isn't just gen speed, it is gen speed, namely early game, as well as map design on top of it. Ever notice how when you get The Game that the trial lasts quite a bit longer most of the time? That is because the map is small enough for the killer to apply the correct level of pressure to slow the game down well. Now switch over to Rotten Fields where a gen literally gets finished before you can run to it, assuming you headed straight to said gen.

Different maps need different gen speeds that or a majority of maps need a massive rework, because a lot of people hit the nail on the head: just run full meta perks, bring a toolbox and play with a friend or three and you will win 95% of your games, easily. I know all of this from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE DOING IT. I am a much better killer than I am survivor, but even I can run the killer around for 1-2 mins, costing him 2-3 gens easily, and that is before any kind of god window/pallet abuse.

• Liisjak
    Liisjak Member Posts: 40

I started playing killer 3 days ago rank 12...and I'm getting matched with rank 5s, it's really something. By the time I hook the first guy they've got like 1-2 gens done...god forbid you get in some insane loop with a crap ton of pallets inbetween.