Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Otz's new video shows what's wrong with the game

Spooky13
Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

Give it a watch. In short, he goes in as Bubba with Speed Limiter and Award Winning Chili, possibly the worst killer in the game with an addon that takes away his one positive of instadowns. Surprisingly, he nearly wins before 2 gens can get done. Survivors have made a bunch of mistakes, and naturally he is profiting off of them like a killer should.

But then Otz makes one tiny mistake, not assuming the Nancy had Unbreakable. This tiny little mistake nearly cost him the game. How can survivors go from being curb stomped after making dozens of mistakes, to bouncing back completely? Same for killer, how can he be in the winning position, but one tiny mistake can nearly cost him the game.?

Survivors have so many second chances it's insane, and by comparison, killers have next to none. Making tons of mistakes as survivor apparently doesn't matter, when you can bounce completely back when the killer makes one tiny mistake.

Comments

• Nickeleye
    Nickeleye Member Posts: 278

The only example I see here is Otz is OP. Unbreakable is fine. Dont slug them to long. If you want to talk about a survivor perk that actually does need a re work. DS!

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

I agree that the game is survivor-sided but this isn't the best video to showcase this.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

He used speed limiter so that was his mistake. You don't run that and expect the game to go perfectly.

Yes Nancy had unbreakable but he made the mistake of not seeing her vault the window in front of him before she got the unhook. The DS was extremely late but I unfortunately that happens. If he run a better build, with better add-ons he wouldn't have slugged as much and probably would have hooked the Nancy.

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
    edited February 2020

Can we talk about how often he complains how bad Bubba is and that he is using bad addons and still got a 4k. Yes against survivors who made less mistakes he would have most likely loss, but he could also play a better killer, with better perks, with better addons.

You're basically saying, hey this survivors are running meta perks and are getting carried by them, even though the killer still 4k'ed with a bad killer, with bad perks, with bad addons.

Technically this video just proves survivor perks really don't matter, its the skill level of those survivors. To me all this video showed is that Bubba needs a re-work.

• DeadByMittens
    DeadByMittens Member Posts: 60

I like Otz but you have to remember that he is not your average killer. He is a well known streamer and killer in DBD. So most of the time, the people in his lobby are going to be sweaty and put on the best perks. Also, he gets 4Ks in most of his matches and even with a bad killer plus perks.

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

He made a major mistake in the fact that Nancy was literally right in his view at 3:33 in the video, but he was paying attention to chat. She came right through that window and he could have easily downed her with an M1. Killer is something that requires all of your focus, or you will make mistakes.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446
    edited February 2020

I understand where OP is coming form but this is the worst example OP could've posted. This just goes to show that you can 4k with the worst killer/perks/addons, unintentionally insinuating killer is op and second chance perks do jack in the long run.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I think the point is that had it not been Otz, who is generally considered one of the better players, any other player would have lost.

Obviously, that doesn't mean Leatherface is OP or that Killers are OP, it just means that Otz is a good player and managed to end up with a 4K. Honestly, not sure why it was posted.

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614

He still won by the 2k 2 survive metric

He won by the pips.

And he got a good and decent 31700.

But i understand if it wasnt him it may have not been all that good a result. But this video just says the opposite of what your trying to say

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

And? Aren't killers always complaining about how the devs only balance around "low ranked survivors", why don't more players get on Otz level?

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299
    edited February 2020

No thx. Not everyone is an Otz.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Damn, DEVS cmon listen to the god and fix your game with all the fixes he wants!

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    edited February 2020

I renember myself DS'ing a killer without ME even renember when I was last hooked

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747

This is NOTHING. They had 3 DS and 3 unbreakable. And they were terrible.

I face Depip squads with 4DS, 4 BT, 4 DH/Spint burts, on comms, gen rushing as ######### and if you camp the last guy you'll be insulted by everyone.

I WISH I could face these guys every match.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

I watched the video earlier. I can't remember it exactly but I do remember the Survivors hook humping and playing really weirdly altuistic.

Otz played one of the most weak combination of killer add-ons and perks but he faced a poor team of Survivors who successfully used the second chance perks but played really poorly for most of the match. Otz had to play serious for moments in the match because of the fact the mistakes made by the Survivors were not mechanically punished.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

If you go against a really good survivor you usually see them running one second chance perk at max. Because they just don't need more. You can watch Aaron and Ussylis for reference.

In my opinion, every perk that gives the survivor the ability to perform an action, that normally would at least take one more survivor, is classed as a second chance perk. BHVR should remove every synergy between them, like they plan for slowdown perks.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Okay everyone, we arent asking you to destroy survivors. And Yes, Bubba is one of the worst killers on the game if not the worst. No ones arguing this. The problem that is being addressed is that he made ONE mistake and nearly lost the game. It is true he didnt lose, he got a 4k and thats awesome from one of our best killers in the game. The problem being asked here is the survivors (who were not equal skill) nearly got out fine because they have so many options for second chances

. When killers ask about a second chance perk they are almost CRUCIFIED for it, (Mainly NOED

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

No, it means these survivors were terrible and if they played better they would've escaped, its not Otz being good (he is good don't get me wrong), its them being bad which is why they lost.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited February 2020

What words did I put in your mouth exactly?

Also "infinite second chances" lmfao Okkkkkkk buddy.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,223

Eh, it's always risky to overextend and go for more than 2 slugs. That's just how the survivor meta is now. I complain about second chances as much as anyone, but blowouts are hard as a killer against survivors who run good perks. You have to get lucky with opponent loadout and keep track of who has been hooked and slugged. I try to be more conservative and methodical lately rather than trying to have a "win now" approach and it has worked for the most part. Just keep racking up hook states and slam the door late.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

lmao 4k speed limiter bubba, survivors are definetely OPey

• Rexis
    Rexis Member Posts: 190
    edited February 2020

The only wrong I seen in this game was someone slugging off all survivors at 4 gens up allowing no one to make points but himself

so they get a fighting chance for 1 perk that can be used 1 time, and you make a big noise and cry me a river all over about it

Downed someone, hook them buddy, he would have finished the game off if he hook the 3 who were down and eventually he would have found the 4th trying to unhook someone

nah, but instead he doesnt want to pick up a survivor cause of the DS just because the guy was litteraly just unhooked not allowing him to participate in game play or make some points of his own, HOW DARE THEM SURVIVORS GETS UNHOOKED AND BE ALLOWED TO PLAY! and his only fault was to get caught by a killer that is designed no matter how good survivor are to be caught, and ballets will eventually run out of the map

end of the game, he had the kills he deserve as he is a good killer

bottom line, the only wrong in this game is slugging at 4 gens up and come back crying to the devs that you didnt win the game

wow, some players man

how about we start trial as survivors with all players injured? happy? play the game buddy