Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Nintendo switch 2 killer lobby

When i first bought DBD for the nintendo switch i loaded up a match as killer, i played clown and spawned in next to another clown, it was really funny and entertaining but after that match of bullying survivors i never saw this glitch again. How did this occur and is there a way i can make this happen again? I would love to be in another one of these lobbies even just one more time

Comments

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited February 2020

@jellybird

This is actually an exploit that some players do in-game to get 2 Killers or more. I don't entirely know how it happens and even if I didn't I can't share that information for obvious reasons. If you see this happen in-game as a Survivor or Killer, than you can report this in-game and record it (if possible) as evidence for an optional support ticket.

The part i'll be quoting below is from the Game Rules post on exploits.

EXPLOITS: ABUSING BUGS OR ERRORS IN DESIGN TO GAIN A COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE

• Advertising exploits
    • Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage
    • In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

Specific exploits that we will ban for until they are resolved:

• Bloodweb Progress/Prestige Exploit
    • 2+ Killer Exploits
    • Spasmodic Breath Nurse speed exploit

here's the link to the game rules post if you'd like to see for yourself

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest

an ending statement

If this exploit happens again in-game, than I wouldn't worry about anything bad happening to you. If you're not attempting to do the exploit yourself than it shouldn't be anything to worry about.

If you do see this happen in-game though, than please do report the player that's attempting the exploit (if possible).

here's the link to the support team, in-case you see this exploit happen again

https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

Post edited by FireHazard on
  • MegaGamer_01
    MegaGamer_01 Member Posts: 172

Interesting... never been in a lobby like it myself but I do find clips of it happening on youtube 100% of the time on PC but Switch? I get it's probably buggy cause u know, its switch but it getting into a lobby with another killer without exploiting is strange and awesome. If only we had a gamemode with 2 killers or something this could turn it into something amazing

• FireHazard
    edited February 2020

You can't do this without exploiting, the player that did this in the OP's match intentional exploited.

I am also shocked this happened on Switch of all places, but any account of this happening in-game requires the player to be intentionally doing it. It would be shocking if this was unintentional, but it's not, it requires a player to actually attempt a re-creation.

• MegaGamer_01

Hi firehazard hope your doing well

"I am also shocked this happen on Switch of all places"

Same here but it being a visibly downgraded capped fps drop might have something to do with it. I'm surprised it's even on the Switch with the hardware its got, being a teen targeted console and has a lot of classic nintendo games for kids into mario, link and wii sports boxing 3.0 but it is what it is.

• FireHazard
    edited February 2020

I'm doing well, thanks for asking.

But as said above, it's an intentional exploit that requires a player to fish for it, it isn't something that has been documented as unintentional. The FPS Capped version that the Switch uses wouldn't contribute to the exploit in anyway, the exploit requires unknown means to operate, which can't be said here (for obvious reasons) and requires intentional manipulation to do.

As long as the OP doesn't attempt to do it themselves, than they'll be fine.

• jellybird
    jellybird Member Posts: 10

I would like to do something like this on a customs match rather than a normal lobby, i had never intended to gain advantage on an online match using this exploit (especially since if you join a lobby with more than one killer in a public match your bound to get entity displeased) i was thinking something more along the lines of playing pig together with my friends and just messing around

• jellybird

i honestly see no difference from when i had ran dbd on my pc vs switch, the frames are as low as they have been and the game is equally as broken on all platforms lmao, with a game that has constant updates slip ups like these are bound to happen

• MegaGamer_01

I would use this to mess around with mates but not in a actual match. 1 because its a exploit and is unfair to the survivors in the match and 2 it takes the fun out of the game and doesn't give you the challenge a actual game would give you. If they patch it when the gunslinger comes out good job but from what I've seen and heard its been in the game for a while

• FireHazard

A Custom Match is different than a LIVE one, but I can't just tell you that the exploit is still ok in those conditions, neither can anyone here tell you how to do it for literally the most obvious reasons.

I'd just ignore it and move on, it's not something that was intended to happen and I doubt it's something that'll be implemented in LIVE or KYFs in the future.

• jellybird

All i was saying was that i didn't use this exploit to my advantage.

Thank you for the advice.

• FireHazard
    edited February 2020

Yes I know that, i'm just telling you that I don't think doing it in a Custom or LIVE match is still ok, especially a LIVE match. And if you were looking for information on how to do it, despite not looking for an advantage, than nobody here can and will tell you for obvious reasons. If you weren't, than don't worry about it.

Also, no problem.

• dekciwandy
    dekciwandy Member Posts: 2

This actually happened to me as well but in a custom gm. It was fun cuz I was using the Nurse and the other killer was the Wraith. My other three friends had no chance of even repairing one generator cuz they were so busy running the entire gm LOL.

• FireHazard

I doubt this was an accidental thing, your friend probably tried it out in-game before the match started.

If it was accidental, than we would be more aware of this issue in-game.

• jellybird

It seems like lots of people are triggering this accidentally actually, there has been a recent spike of streamers getting these lobbies. And if you pay attention to Otzdarva he had 2 2-3 killer lobbies in a single day when they were playing ad killer

• FireHazard
    edited March 2020

It's unknown if it's accidentally happening or not, or if it's being caused by players that're intentionally doing it.

I believe it's the latter since it's Otzdrava, a known figure in the DBD Community now... so of course these players would do this to get some attention. Even if it's happening to random people, there's no solid evidence that it's 100% on accident or if it's from someone in the lobby that's doing this.