The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer Meta is insane

2»

Comments

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420

I suspect you do not play killer if you think they are strong... you should try to play killer against SWF and come back here.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

That’s how I feel about Dead Hard. I swear every survivor runs it now, despite it being “broken”

• chockfullofmoxie
    chockfullofmoxie Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2020
  • yermom
    yermom Member Posts: 155

lol, "how do you counter a counter?" Enduring is a counter to pallet stuns, which you don't have to equip a perk to do. Pallet stuns are counters to hits. The pallet is then a counter to the killer stopping other gens from being repaired, if they continue to chase you.

Corrupt intervention is a counter to gen rushing, but only applies to 3 gens, which means 4 other gens are available. You counter it by working on a gen that's not restricted. Or do as most people do, hide until it expires.

Thanatophobia is countered with items which are really prevalent after the BP boost to survivors.

• Slyther83
    Slyther83 Member Posts: 19

Game has been killer meta for a while now, but I also know survivors had meta for a long time. Killers have too many visibility perks countering survivor stealth, exacerbated on small/medium maps or by mobility killers.

Maps are probably one of the most imbalanced things in the game to date.

There are too many "stealth" maps in the game with large distances between obstacles; killer vision perk reveals you and there is 1 or 2 spots you could hide at and you can't run between them without taking a hit.

There are too many indoor maps where survivors are massively disadvantaged for finding gens. I believe its been 18-24 months since it was acknowledged by Behavior that survivors have a big disadvantage there and development was working on wall notifications to lead them to gens. In the past 2 years I've seen a lot of skins, but no fix to Lery's or Game.

The meta is loop or die; remove the stealth maps that have been effectively outdated. Only a very competent SWF group has a real chance vs half decent killers anymore.

• Slyther83
    Slyther83 Member Posts: 19

Any discussion on removing the stealth maps that are no longer part of the current meta?

The maps screw survivors because of the large volume of killer addons and perks that give visibility. Why is this still in rotation?

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

Looks like the baby survivors finally got their wishes granted. I'm willing to bet I'm the only one in this thread who can last longer than 15 seconds in a chase without using a single pallet.

• Gorgonzola
    Gorgonzola Member Posts: 176

Are you joking? Most of those perks are just bandaid fix to poorly designed game... Fractured Cowshed has so many safe pallets you can predrop every each of them without looping and still easily win the game if your teammates know how to hold m1 on gens. Bamboozle can fix stupid braindead windows like Ironworks of Misery, Rancid Abattoir, Badham Preschool or Suffocation Pit. BBQ is being run mostly for points as countering it is super easy. Just hide in a locker or run towards a killer. It also rewards killer for playing well, as he managed to find, down and hook a survivor, same with Pop or Thrilling.

Survivor meta is DS, Ubreakable, Dead Hard, Adrenaline, BT.... Those are stupidly good perks and most of them reward you for playing poorly or allow you to play poorly. Your team is getting downed to fast, because you group up and can't loop? Oof, I have 60 seconds immunity and can stop killer from snowballing, because I was hooked before. I got downed with my DS/I got downed and my stupid teammate was around outpositioned? Oof, I can just hold m1 and get up for free. I misjudged the distance between me and the killer on a loop/I got mindgamed on a loop? Oof, I can press E and undo the mistake. I got injured in a chase and I am in the middle of nowhere? Good thing my SWF team is just finishing the last gen, I'll just get a free health state and run with the speed of light for 5 seconds. My teammate got hooked? Why would I wait for the killer to go away if I can just farm them with BT, they will bodyblock for me and they still have DS, hehe.