The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New update should be out now. Tell your first experiences here.

Comments

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

played against 4 nurses in a row on console and 3 did well whilst 1 dominated the match in 2 minutes.

this sh*ts scary man

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited April 2020

I had fun as Survivor, but I didn't really run into any of the changes. Just a chainsaw only Hillbilly on Pale Rose and a weird Huntress on Badham I. Queue times are still abysmal.

As Killer I'm hating it. The increased Sensitivity is so useful around certain loops that lowering it is a detriment, but using my power with it makes everything drop frames like nobody's business. Same thing happens if you jerk the camera too hard. It just looks and feels really gross.

That said, I got Badham III four freaking times, so I can't really testify to the map changes one way or the other.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

Dr got a buff not a nerf. And Ruin is seriously the only thing that has been nerfed killer side in like a year. I am tired of all this "this game is survivor-sided cuz of ruin", survivors have taken like 2 dozen nerfs in the last year.....but ruin. Geez.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

0% res in the photos? Asking out of curiosity cause of how bad AA is. Not that I play on any better lmfao,this game is so badly optimized it's hilarious.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

Pretty much. If I put the settings any higher my computer sounds like it's about to take off from Heathrow.

• RockoRango
    RockoRango Member Posts: 554
    edited April 2020

I would share my experiences if I could play the game. Anti-aliasing both killed my FPS (even though I have an RTX and high-end Ryzen) AND it made the game impossible when I try to play Nurse (I can't see anything).

• Trollthem
    Trollthem Member Posts: 186

Had 60 fps and after update i have 25 fps , i can't even play the game and it burns my eyes

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

Same ngl. Even though my pc can handle really good games with 100+ fps most of the time,dbd has to be special.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
  • Kakateve
    Kakateve Member Posts: 287

HA’ I hope you don’t mean the infinite in red forrest.

• Skatla
    Skatla Member Posts: 21

I'm having kind of a good time as a solo survivor. I didn't feel that big of a difference on map changes, neither loops. (since i'm bad as f on them)

I'm not having lag or anti-alising issues as many here, but there's something that is quite strange. I don't know if they changed up something about Matchmaking, bc i didn't read that part o patch notes, but, i'm a new player (1 month or less playing the game) and after the update, i have only been placing with 3+ ranked survivors and killers, and it's quite frustrating playing with survivors way better than you, aswell killers way better than you. :/

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,142

There should be an intro that showcase the killers trailer whenever you load up. Of course it will be random. At least the vulture gone too.

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800

Do you guys consider WHY survivors keep getting nerf? I know why, but I want you guys to figure it out.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

Lol. Dear cute killer main, we are talking about huge dead zones with nothing to work with, not even z walls.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Love this update!

• dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165

16 GB!!??? i just hope its worth it because this seems a lil too much, only gtav do these type of huge patches but they're worth it, i dont know ill have to wait for it to finish but im a lil skeptical

• Bamallamadingdong
    Bamallamadingdong Member Posts: 34

Please god no, my framerate was already dogshit before the update.

• StutteringSpartan
    StutteringSpartan Member Posts: 254

I can’t bully the killer and be the power role anymore. I actually have to be afraid of the killer now.

Reeeeeeeee

Survivors in a nutshell....

Until tomorrows archive challenges are released 🤣

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Terrible rng. I have seen that map with no pallets in the middle before though, but if I had to guess they somehow screwed the rng up and made some unintended changes that have made the rng worse.

• Trollthem
    Trollthem Member Posts: 186

Terrible FPS due to forced AA and can't modify .ini so we're screwed

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    edited April 2020

They definitely changed Sanctum of Wrath even though it's not listed on the patch notes. It seems much better to me.

Pale Rose is just like someone else showed in this thread. There are zero pallets in the entire middle area. It's terrible and this map isn't even listed on the patch notes.

Coldwind farm maps seemed good to me so far but I haven't played on all of them.

Haven't tested the other maps yet.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
  • ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

If you actually played survivor for once and tried these maps out, or easier yet just go watch marths video you’ll see that its not just a nerf...some of the windows are now literally pointless for survivor.

The old loops were far too strong for survivor nobody is denying that but now they’re too weak.

Do you consider WHY survivors should have a chance to evade the killer? I know why but I want you to figure it out

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

This is honestly a Killer nerf. It's going to increase queue times and the only survivors that will be playing are the crazy good survivors, so it's going to be much harder killing them.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Even if killer queue times increase it won't be by so much that it ruins the experience.

• cakepounder
    cakepounder Member Posts: 1

I wonder when the developers will actually listen to our feedback about how f ucking ridiculously long it takes to find a match. Its clear that it is one of the biggest issues with this game. It literally takes 10-20 minutes to find a game. How many times will this community have to continue to ######### about the fact that matchmaking needs to change? I heavily promote this game to my friends ALL THE TIME. I f ucking enjoy playing this game, but its very discouraging/disappointing when I need to wait over 15 minutes to find a game with a full lobby of people or even just two. I can be 100% honest right now and say that I don't give a flying f uck about the cosmetics. I will not willingly buy ######### from this game until this issue is fixed. It is a waste of money to me entirely until they can actually listen to our feedback. Also, I am well aware the ranking system is entirely why it takes so f ucking long to find a lobby. Why do they even have the rank system coordinated with this. I just feel like Call of Duty understands the logic behind just ######### shoving a whole bunch of a ssholes into a lobby REGARDLESS of their rank/level. It takes literally 2-3 minutes to be placed into a game in COD. Who the ######### cares about a rank system that helps you veer away from try hards or people that suck in the game. Get over it, the whole point to playing any ######### game is to gradually get better at it, practice by CONTINUING TO PLAY. I swear to christ, I was born into a generation of goddamn snowflakes.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Billy is completely broken, Wraith has some issues with his cloak and uncloak, Myers and Nurse are still hella bugged, killer queues are long, and I played against 5 Spirits in a row when I queued for survivor...but hey at least the vaults feel really clean and smooth this patch :) It seems the vault and hitbox changes have really helped in that department.

• solarkid18
    solarkid18 Member Posts: 5

SWF is still way OP. I still get gen rushed way too easily at red ranks. And all rank ranks are is SWF

• Human
    Human Member Posts: 40

Pretty good job so far. Wraith, the killer i main, got shadownerfed. Or bugged. No difference. Now it takes ages for him to uncloak. Well, if you don't want me to play your game that much, I guess I won't

• Sheldor
    Sheldor Member Posts: 213

FPS way down from above 100 to eventually 45 due to forced AA. More windows shut, more walls opened for killers. Even less chances to escape a killer with every patch. Played this game for the last 3 years. My playing time is less than 10 % of what it used to be.

• PodgeNotRodge
    PodgeNotRodge Member Posts: 478

Yeah, Blood Lodge still had that chunk of a dead zone. I spotted 1 pallet amidst all the barrell stacks. I'm all up for killer, mostly play them. But this is going from one unbalanced to another. Survivor to killer. We need an inbetween.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited April 2020

I feel really slow as Killer (Doctor specifically). It takes FOREVER to catch up to a Survivor now.

The new sensitivity is nuts as Killer. I had to lower it to 80% so I can get used to it.

As Survivor, the sensitivity makes me feel like the Flash when I’m running.

Also, why are the offerings so damn small on the offering screen?

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    edited April 2020

So I played a couple of survivor games and was lucky enough to get two of the changed maps, escaped on both so although it's too soon to say I think I'm gonna stand by my opinion that survivors haven't been nerfed into oblivion/dbd isn't dead/ the sky isn't falling

It was plague/temple of purgation/2k And doc/rancid abattoir/1k

Also apologies @A_Can_Of_Air I didn't see your other post

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

I played a couple matches as survivor. Got put up against some annoying Legion slowdown builds and a couple Ghostface's which camped the ######### out of me. Because matchmaking is so absurdly broken, I got a high rank killer with white rank survivors. I became so fed up that I had to get off the game and haven't got back on since. Don't know what it is, but every new patch seems to brings the combination of toxic players and annoying gameplay.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

Somehow it feels like there's MORE pallets now.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Do you really think people will stop playing with thrir friends?

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Every game ive been playing survivors have been slamming the pallets down as soon as they walk by, there hasnt been a deadzone, more obstacles for survivors to run around. Been matched with rank 3s-4s today though so some of my games have been bitter sweet.

Just a heads up i play plague, use her iridescent addon letting me see auras when survivors throwup, use corrupt intervention infectious fright and whatever else i have.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited April 2020
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Even on the boat? If theres pallets on the boat (normally 2 or 3) then that's fine because the boat can waste an awful amount of time..

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Played Pig on Disturbed Ward.

-Couldn't really tell much difference in the map. I don't think they did much to this one, though?

-Highest sensitivity way too high. I wasn't used to it. Had to change it mid-match, which probably cost me a little. I kept turning way too much, made it hard to track survivors.

-Still hope this map gets a major rework. Gens spawn way too far apart. There was no reasonable three gen. And in the main building, I still found it hard to find a hook nearby. Downed two survivors inside, had to end up dropping them both inside.

-Matchmaking was excellent. Green Rank Killer vs Green Rank Survivors. We were all around the same rank. not sure if this was the result of people coming back for the update or not.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

As I recall, the only change made to the Ward is a reduction of pallets

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

Probably because a lot of maps shrunk, so the pallets are spread across a smaller area

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

Marth said:

"No thanks. Most of the group moved on after BHVR played there hand they dont care about balancing this game at all. There business model is money > game health. So i just accepted it and gave up trying to advocate for change.

And trust me that experiment is still very valid. We as killers are just lucky survivors are boosted apes."

😂

• FearedbytheGods
    FearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476
    edited April 2020

Well you obviously haven't played since release, or you'd be eating that popcorn laughing at yourself.

But you take that out of context small snap shot. People will work harder to maintain a belief system, than to work for the truth.

Killer is easier now, than at any point in the games history.

Try a list of changes since 2016, try again.

• FearedbytheGods
    FearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476

Looks like the devs got on their knees for killers once again.

Time for survivors to find something else to play for awhile.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

What window exactly, can you show me with a video or Screenshot? I can't play DbD myself because of this freaking AA

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

Glad to hear matchmaking is good now. Maybe the game will be a challenge once again.

• zeplore
    zeplore Member Posts: 95
    edited April 2020

Anti-aliasing always on is garbage, everything is fuzzy.

Small offerings page is dumb as #########. So much more empty space, why? They were crisp and easy to see before, now small, blurry, garbage.

Wraith is sluggish, staggering when in/out stealth. Has same walking animation as trapper now? Feels pretty terrible.

Every map looks a shade darker, the game still has some kind of memory leak issue where the game freezes more often with the more time you play.

The further nerf to group gen speed now furthers the alternative option which was superior in the first place, which is to divide and conquer on gens. So now you are more likely to see survivors separated as group gen speed is further decentivized. Higher % chance to lose 2-3 gens before first down and hook (90 to 120 seconds).

Can't hit survivors who vault the corn harvesters anymore since it is now required to swing just to make it to the side of the harvester, you can no longer just walk the side of the harvester. So the harvester is now a godlike time waster for survivors, just re-vault till entity closes off and dip, killer MUST walk up to the ramp to get a hit, or swing twice, but by the first swing to just make it to the side, the survivor can just slow vault back inside the harvester.

But hey, no god loops pog.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

Cant play survivor cause of the deadzones

Cant play killer Cause billy is just wierd now