NOED and sabotage rework idea

DarkThomy
DarkThomy Member Posts: 15
edited September 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

NOED : what if it worked only when the EXIT GATES are opened?
It may seem simple, but it could be enough to make it fair.
edit 1 : a second idea would be to remove the insta down effect, and tremendously increase the other buffs (movement speed, attack speed, ..)

Sabotage : instead of destroying a hook when sabotaged, it would be trapped.
A survivor hanged on it would automatically free himself when passing from the normal state to the entity summoned state, or from the entity summoned state to the final kill.

Post edited by DarkThomy on

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited September 2018

Maybe its time to switch to survivor in the case that ever happens

"automatically free himself"
    And you dont realize why thats a bad idea?

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited September 2018
    That would make noed almost useless.
    Idk about the second one. Sounds interesting, too unfair for the killer but would also counter gen rushing.
    @Orion @Tsulan  what do you think?
    Edit: By interesting i mean insightful or creative, not that i support it.
  • Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited September 2018

Noed: sure let's nerf a perk that only activate if the survivor don't break the totems and is already a late game perk by making it a perk that only activate once the survivor are able to just walk out, soud useless "FAIR" to me

Sabotage: sure why not, atleast it will slow down the game a bit.

• DarkThomy
    edited September 2018

I agree that having also the totem restriction make it quite situational..
    An other idea would be to toally remove the insta down effect and tremendously increase the other buff (movement speed and attack speed)

The main idea for the sabotage rework would be to not instantly remove a gameplay element from killers, since it's a cause of frustration..
    Yet with this it might be interesting to sabotage hooks.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

noed already received TOO MANY nerfs. honestly, if it wasnt so necessary on many killers, i wouldnt even think about using it.
    when you remove the instadown, the perk died. if you restrict it EVEN MORE, the perk dies. if you nerf it in ANY way, the perk dies.
    instead of nerfing it, they should bring back the old noed. and i mean the OLD noed. not the 2 minutes noed, the OLD one. i mean, its not even hard to escape against noed, just leave through the gate you just opened instead of running around and trying to save that one guy from the hook, who is on the other side of the map. or play stealthy.
    and free hook escapes are stupid. thats why the rate is only 4% and you only have 3 tries / you get a huge debuff after using the new perk.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Nerf NOED to make it fair? It can already be removed before it gets active. Being restricted to open gates would render it useless. The only way to make this work would be to convert it into a normal perk (no totem) and to buff Blood Warden by activating it when the killer presses a button (E).

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Every time someone says "rework" in reference to a Killer-related mechanic, I always assume it's a nerf. I've yet to be pleasantly surprised.

Your NOED nerf would kill the perk, and your sabotage idea would make camping go through the roof due to guaranteeing free rescues. Other than that, great idea.

@Vietfox just for the record, I've disabled my notifications, so @'ing me does nothing.

• DarkThomy
    edited September 2018

I'm no expert. Just an idea for noed since it could be better thought as a perk..

For sabotage..
    I mean, we (apparently) are in an era where sabotage is going to be buff..
    I very humbly think it's a flawed mechanic at its core. Not a lot of people seem to use it, but if one does it either leads to uselessness or deep frustration as the killer.
    My alternative let a hook to happen, yet might have a noticeable impact.

Actually, how "strong" it would be would depend on what survivors can know a hook is currently sabotaged..
    edit : yet again, how my idea would make camping go through the roof ? Please develop.

Post edited by DarkThomy on