Alright gamers, how can we make Pig better? Let's discuss.

Options
2»

Comments

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

Her ambush attack would be pretty ridiculous if you could crouch instantly.

As for the timer starting from unhooks, it seems nice at first, but I feel like it would make solos suffer as their random teammates would be even less likely to go for the unhook (and I've died on first hook plenty of times as it is).

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    Options

She still has to charge up her dash, and if I'm not mistaken the charge is comparable to most other killers secondary, I see no reason she should have to "charge" her stealth and then charge her dash too.

• Yung_Slug
    Options

Her dash is a lot better than most other killer abilities ignoring the charge times, as it's the only massive lunge attack/running attack with full turn control.

• Avariku
    edited January 2020
    Options

you do make a fair point there, though it limits her stealth ability quite a bit and makes her feel very sluggish.

it just feels like one of the major things holding her back.

• mike4156
    mike4156 Member Posts: 222
    Options

you guys just don't understand how to pig efficiently, if you're talking about playing as dirty as possible to get all the kills, intentionally lose chase but stay within distance, let the timer run and don't let them get on a box. simple way to be a boss pig

• Avariku
    Options

just no... that sounds boring for me and for the survivors.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

The Trap timer is 2.5 minutes, and if you are harassing the Trap person so that they never get to take the Trap box, you are likely going to get into a chase or two here and there, which pauses the timer. So "guaranteed death in a minute" is absolutely not true.

That just makes you lose to genrushing.

• Yung_Slug
    Options

That's like saying the best way to play Bubba is keeping your chainsaw revved in front of the hooked survivors.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593
    Options

Honestly, I think Pig needs a nerf. Especially her add-ons.

Seriously, who thought an entire 1% increased chance for skill checks on Jigsaw Boxes would be balanced? And that 1% chance increase isn't even an Ultra-Rare, it's a COMMON! And Holy Hell, she even has an UNCOMMON add-on that gives a 2% increase.

TWO

PERCENT

Like ######### how is this even in the game? Even Bubba doesn't have anything this powerful, and he's the strongest Killer in the game.

• bLoodSLoth97
    bLoodSLoth97 Member Posts: 29
    Options

Make the snoot a little bigger and I think we'll have ourselves an A tier killer.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Coming at this from a bit of a different angle, but from the survivor perspective, I think it's extra-frustrating to play vs. a Pig who traps you and then proceeds to tunnel you anyway. Ticking time-bomb traps are a BIG game slowdown tool, because it forces survivors to drop everything and search for trap keys or die. I wish there was something that actively incentivized the Pig to leave a survivor alone once they've been trapped, because it's way better to just let them run around in a panic while you search for other survivors.

• TAG
    Options

On the flip side, there's the issue of a Survivor not being dissuaded enough by the RBT to stop working on gens. So if we want to have a system in place that further encourages the Pig to leave Trapped Survivors alone, there would also have to be something in place that further pressures Survivors to get the trap off ASAP.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720
    Options

I have a friend whom mains the pig and out of frustration they finally quit playing. Because they were all about the Saw Franchise. The character's charge feels very clunky and almost like a Billy Charge. (lolz). The bear trap has balance issues. Low ranks cannot play through it, high ranks ignore it.

• Ticking timer from the moment the helmet goes ON. - Pressures players to unhook their team mates fast. VERY OP.
    • Add-ons need a revision.
  • Yung_Slug
    Options

So you're suggesting that the timer shouldn't be paused while the player is on hook? That's not really fair.

• Vale3100
    Vale3100 Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2020
    Options

I think with all of Pig’s weaknesses makes up for the fact that getting the traps off survivors is based on luck and I found your luck as a survivor to get traps off is reasonably slim. For that I don’t think Pig doesn’t need to be that buffed except maybe making her crouch walk faster.

the times I’ve played against pig which I’ve noticed isn’t very often, I managed to get the trap off like 4 times out of let’s say 10-15 times I’ve played against her recently. If anything I think they should slightly increase the chance of getting the trap off cus I’ve been dying against the pig from her traps more than actually being third hooked.

basically you just gotta pressure survivors who got traps on their heads by monitoring those trap machines survivors would go to to get the trap off which means survivors have the pressure of the time they have left to get the trap off AND being aware that the killer will most likely know where you are. That’s basically how Pigs have won games.

idk if you’re struggling with the pig but she’s not easy to play against if you know what to do with her

• TAG
    Options

I found your luck as a survivor to get traps off is reasonably slim

It really isn't unless you're playing on a giant map with extra boxes and/or Tampered Timer, from my experience. In the majority of cases, I find that Survivors have more than enough time to get their Trap off as long as they aren't being greedy. In a number of cases, Survivors are undaunted enough that they will just keep working on gens until their timer starts, knowing that the odds of them getting the Trap off is still mostly in their favor.

the times I’ve played against pig which I’ve noticed isn’t very often, I managed to get the trap off like 4 times out of let’s say 10-15 times I’ve played against her recently. If anything I think they should slightly increase the chance of getting the trap off cus I’ve been dying against the pig from her traps more than actually being third hooked.

Oof. From what I can gather, your experiences are not the norm.

basically you just gotta pressure survivors who got traps on their heads by monitoring those trap machines survivors would go to to get the trap off which means survivors have the pressure of the time they have left to get the trap off AND being aware that the killer will most likely know where you are. That’s basically how Pigs have won games.

In practice, that does not work out the way you hope. In the time you spend cheesing the RBT timer to force a kill, the other Survivors (assuming competency) are just powering through the gens no problem. You can maybe get one Kill like that, but you're sacrificing immense gen pressure to do that.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    Options

I came up with this idea for how her traps are granted.

You start the trial with one RBT, but every 80 seconds, you are given another one.

This would make it so that you don't guarantee that you lose half of your power after a certain point in the game.

It also means you don't feel too disappointed when they get the trap off in like 15 seconds after they get unhooked, since you can just put another one on.

Then, certain addons could be reworked to speed up this recharge.

Honestly, Pig's addons in general need a rework. I think most of them are either useless or annoying.

• KillScreen
    KillScreen Member Posts: 166
    Options

The problem its that the pig its incomplete. You can't just fuse a pig and a woman and expect it to be a good killer. It needs the right combo. Man + bear + pig.

I'm super cereal.

• bLoodSLoth97
    Options

I have an idea that would change the way her power works. Here goes:

• The jigsaw boxes are now all numbered with little signs by the puppet.
    • When a RBT becomes active on a survivors head they will hear a series of beeps telling them which boxes they need to search. The sequence is random.
    • The survivors must search the jigsaw boxes in the order of the beeps for them to remove the RBT.

Other details I should mention, the pig does not hear the code. This is to prevent box camping. The beeps in the code are only repeated when the sequence is failed. Failing the sequence does not kill the survivor and only has negative effects based on current addons. The addons that add another jigsaw box could also add another number to the sequence. The code is only given to survivors when their hat is active. This means that taking off the hat without knowing the code may be risky depending on the addons the pig is using.

They can still search boxes when it is not active but the puppet will laugh at them.

You would not only have to remember the code but also which boxes have which number.

I think it would make for a fun memory game.

• TAG
    Options

What stops the Pig from following the Survivor to the first box they need to go to and camping that box?

• bLoodSLoth97
    edited June 2020
    Options

Nothing really, and there will always be people who do this. This is just a huge waste of time to secure just one kill. Also a survivor could bait a killer into believing that the box they need is not the one they ran to. You could also make it that the RBT's timer is paused while within 8 meters of the killer.

Edit: in addition, to prevent the pig from camping one box after all survivors have hats a survivor may adjust the RBT on another survivor. This would scramble the remaining box(es) that they have to search.

• TAG
    Options

With the way the current boxes are, if the Pig wants to screw someone over by camping a box, they have a 1/4 shot of guessing the correct box (assuming they aren't using any add-ons that change the number of boxes).

With the way your idea is implemented, if searching multiple boxes is mandatory, you are only making it easier for the Pig to protect a box that a Survivor will have to search. If you make it so they have to search 3 boxes, the Pig has a 75% chance of screwing over the Survivor. If you make it so they have to search 2 boxes, the Pig has a 50% chance (in addition, Pigs who aren't actively attempting such a cheesy tactic are being punished because a Survivor who knows they only have to search two boxes has SO much less pressure placed on them).

Even if you make it so a Survivor can scramble the combination, you're still making it so that Survivor is now wasting time to get a combination of boxes that the Pig isn't defending. If the timer is active while this is going, that Survivor is now stuck choosing a lesser of two evils by having to look for someone who will scramble the order of boxes.

• bLoodSLoth97
    Options

Seems like it's the toxic players that ruin any chance of fun... oh well, I tried.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    Options

I just realised, that if you bring Amanda's Letter, an addon that weakens your traps and focuses on ambushes, could actually increase your chances of getting a head pop.

Normally, there are four boxes. The Amanda's Letter addon halves this, meaning it's only 2 boxes.

There is a 50/50 chance that if you camp the box with Amanda's Letter, the Survivor is guaranteed to die.

Oh no...

• TAG
    Options

Yeah, this has already been known. It's an unnecessary downside for the add-on that also has the problem of making it easier to screw a Survivor over if the Pig decides to sit in front of a box (two Survivors if you use Last Will).

I'm all in favor of just removing the downside for Amanda's Letter.