The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Kobe is happening to often

Serious… am I supposed to believe it is only a 4% chance?
Than why do I see it happen soooo often?
Especially on second last victims?

Either I am a total RNG mischief or some numbers need to get checked.

Comments

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Are any of the Survivors running Deliverance?

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@SnakeSound222 said:

This and there's luck offerings and Slippery Meat Perk.

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

I am using Deliverance, Up the Ante, Slippery Meat and fill with Self Care. During my 3 hour stream I unhooked myself 11 times. Currently at 16 unhooks in about 4,5h of gametime. Working for that new achievement.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I'm just sad my kobe's including my 1 or 2 basement kobe's with no slipper meant/luck offerings don't get counted lol

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    It's weird I see it happen all the time as killer, but I've been playing the game for over a year now and still haven't gotten a Kobe 
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@SnakeSound222 said:

Nope, I always check perks after the match and so far I have not met anybody with Deliverance.
    I basically never see someone with Slippery Meat and only rarely people with up the ante,

In fact I noticed this for quit a while already that kobes happen so often, that I start disbelieving the 4%.
    I know it's the official percentage chance, but maybe someone should check the numbers if this is bugged.

• Wolf74

@Smiss said:
    It's cause you're looking at the numbers from a non-statistics point of view, which is understandable cuz not everyone knows statistics well. What you need to consider is that each survivor has a 4% chance to kobe each kobe attempt, not just all of the first phase. To find out the real chance of kobeing, we need to consider it is 3 attempts in total.

The best way to find this out is by figuring out the chance that the survivor will **NOT ** kobe. Because you have a 4% chance to kobe, you have a 96% chance to fail to each kobe. So 1st attempt, 96% chance to fail. But with the 2nd attempt, we have to keep in mind that you only get a 2nd attempt if you fail to first one, so the odds of failing your first 2 kobe attempts is .96 * .96, then you still have to count the third attempt meaning your total equation is .96 * .96 * .96. doing this gets you about 88.5% for failing all 3 tries, meaning each survivor really has an 11.5% chance to unhook themselves if they try all 3 times. This is just the base chance, including things such as luck offerings, Slippery Meat, and Up The Ante increase their chance of kobeing.

Actually I do know pretty well how statistics work, that's why I doubt the numbers.
    Even if you break it down mathematically it happens way to often, especially if you see them kobe on the first or 2nd attempt.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Wolf74 said:

@Smiss said:
    It's cause you're looking at the numbers from a non-statistics point of view, which is understandable cuz not everyone knows statistics well. What you need to consider is that each survivor has a 4% chance to kobe each kobe attempt, not just all of the first phase. To find out the real chance of kobeing, we need to consider it is 3 attempts in total.

The best way to find this out is by figuring out the chance that the survivor will **NOT ** kobe. Because you have a 4% chance to kobe, you have a 96% chance to fail to each kobe. So 1st attempt, 96% chance to fail. But with the 2nd attempt, we have to keep in mind that you only get a 2nd attempt if you fail to first one, so the odds of failing your first 2 kobe attempts is .96 * .96, then you still have to count the third attempt meaning your total equation is .96 * .96 * .96. doing this gets you about 88.5% for failing all 3 tries, meaning each survivor really has an 11.5% chance to unhook themselves if they try all 3 times. This is just the base chance, including things such as luck offerings, Slippery Meat, and Up The Ante increase their chance of kobeing.

Actually I do know pretty well how statistics work, that's why I doubt the numbers.
    Even if you break it down mathematically it happens way to often, especially if you see them kobe on the first or 2nd attempt.

The fact that you think it matters if it's the first or second attempt in any given trial tells me you don't know how statistics work.

Using a binomial distribution, the odds of 1 or more successes with a 0.04 (4%) probability of success are around 11.5%.
    Assuming that Survivors play 50 trials per day and get 3 attempts on each, that's 150 attempts, which brings P(X>=x) up to 99.78% - a near-certainty that they'll be able to get off the hook.

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

@Orion said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Smiss said:

The fact that you think it matters if it's the first or second attempt in any given trial tells me you don't know how statistics work.

Using a binomial distribution, the odds of 1 or more successes with a 0.04 (4%) probability of success are around 11.5%.
    Assuming that Survivors play 50 trials per day and get 3 attempts on each, that's 150 attempts, which brings P(X>=x) up to 99.78% - a near-certainty that they'll be able to get off the hook.

This.
    it's not 4%. It's 11.5% without any bonuses. New players have hidden bonus as well.
    Don't trust survivors. They always spout lies. Like "respect 4%" #########.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Sarief said:

@Orion said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Smiss said:

This.
    it's not 4%. It's 11.5% without any bonuses. New players have hidden bonus as well.

RESPECT THE 11.5%!

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Wolf74 said:

There is a new perk granting 100% kobe.
    All you can do is stay a bit closer to the hook now :wink:

• Sarief

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Wolf74 said:

if you have bonus to luck it's 101%. since 101% is impossible,it becomes 1%. Nice perk btw :D

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

@Sarief said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Wolf74 said:

if you have bonus to luck it's 101%. since 101% is impossible,it becomes 1%. Nice perk btw :D

Finally a good reason to use Ace luck perk
    It gonna complement well my evil dwight build.
    Just need to get diversion to throw pebbles at other survivor and it will be perfect.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@Wolf74 there is a spelling mistake in your original post. Please leave these forums and never return.

• Wolf74

@Orion said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Smiss said:

Are you kidding me?
    That calculation is completely invalid for my point.
    It doesn't matter how many matches they play per day. It is about them kobe in MY matches.
    So you have to go from the amount of matches I play, not them.
    And I do not play 50 matches a day and still happens regular to me. Especially in crucial situations.
    And since most survivor don't even try to kobe or only once, your calculations are flawed again.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

@Sarief said:

@Orion said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Smiss said:

This.

@Jack11803
    Source on that "hidden bonus" for new survs?

• Jack11803

@tehshadowman33 said:

@Sarief said:

@Orion said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Smiss said:

This.

@Jack11803

When did I say that? Can you read?

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

Sorry. Wrong person. You don't have to be condescending, y'know…

• Sarief

@Sarief said: no

@Orion said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Smiss said:

This.

@Jack11803

Some old thread on forums. Heard it was 25 instead if 4 for be survivors. 
    But as it is hidden.. no official statements, afaik
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Wolf74 said:

@Orion said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Smiss said:

Are you kidding me?
    It doesn't matter how many matches they play per day. It is about them kobe in MY matches.
    And I do not play 50 matches a day and still happens regular to me. Especially in crucial situations.
    And since most survivor don't even try to kobe or only once, your calculations are flawed again.

No, you have to go by the matches that they play, since they're the ones rolling the dice. Once again, you confirm that you don't understand statistics, at all.

My assumptions were just that - assumptions. If you have a different set of conditions you'd like me to calculate, just say so.

• Jack11803

@tehshadowman33 said:
    Sorry. Wrong person. You don't have to be condescending, y'know…

I’m always condescending, and I never won’t be

• Wolf74

@Orion said:

@Wolf74 said:

Are you kidding me?

No, you have to go by the matches that they play, since they're the ones rolling the dice. Once again, you confirm that you don't understand statistics, at all.

My assumptions were just that - assumptions. If you have a different set of conditions you'd like me to calculate, just say so.

Sorry, but no. If I encounter to many kobes, so that I have a valid reason to disbelieve the 4% chance, it has to be calculated from the killers perspective, no matter who "rolled" it.
    Chances don't care who rolled the dice.
    There are 4 possible people getting hooked and all of them can try to kobe max. 3x.
    In most cases they don't do that 3x and often it is still just 3 people or even only 2 hooked and still they kobe more than 11,5% of the time.