Caging is useless now.

Options

Comments

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621
    Options

Not useless, just not camp toxic anymore.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854
    Options

This isn’t the first time bhvr sold a new dlc one way then waited a few weeks so folks could buy it and then change the core mechanic entirely. This has happened to survivor and killer. I could care less about PH as I purposefully waited to buy this expansion until bhvr made whatever change they always make (be that good or bad.) folks should really not buy dlc until seeing how it will be changed

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546
    Options

It was necessary to be honest. There's nothing you can do if you get caged and camped. Pyramid Head does suck though and even while this is a good change overall for the game he is worse.

• EverflowingRiver
    EverflowingRiver Member Posts: 562
    Options

That's what I'm saying, it's no surprise at this point

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,972
    Options

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm sorry what? If you think DS is the strongest perk in the game on BOTH sides (Stronger than 4 people having adrenaline, NOED, PGTW, and at least 10 other perks that are much better than it), you must rely solely on tunneling people out of games. That is the most laughable statement ever.

I bought the game when Freddy came out and the only times I used DS were to get my Laurie Adept, and when I have consecutive games getting tunneled and I'm irritated. And then I take it off again. There's plenty of perks I run before I even consider running DS

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Yeah, basically what you said. People immediately abused the mechanic to camp and tunnel the caged Survivor. Even I got face camped by a Pyramid Head who was standing in front of my cage and nobody couldn't do anything against it. I am glad this got fixed.

• Voyager
    Voyager Member Posts: 27
    Options

So the obvious solution is making DS proc from a cage pull.

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800
    Options

If you find a caged survivor, and see another survivor running towards it, and your nearby, you can camp the cage for a few seconds, and they will be sent across the map again, wasting the survivor's time. Just a tip.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Options
  • CrusaderNella
    CrusaderNella Member Posts: 331
    Options

To be honest, When i cage them and turn around they are already out of the cage so it doesn't really matter to be honest.....

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Or you can git gud, whatever those killer mains say now-a-days.

• GreezyWeezy
    GreezyWeezy Member Posts: 72
    Options
  • TheCursedTitan
    TheCursedTitan Member Posts: 177
    Options

Hmmm you clearly don’t get how many perks the cage counters and how he basically has a built in mori and if you play it right you can get it off

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

I dont wanna be the killer main but maybe they could add like for 5 secs you can see the one who saved from cage to compensate.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options
  • げぼえいむ
    げぼえいむ Member Posts: 1
    Options

pretty.

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413
    Options

I love how toxic survivors are claiming everyone who has a problem with this is a camping/tunneling killer.

I main survivor and I have a problem with PH not seeing cage auras. You may as well remove the auras of hooked survivors and gens while we're at it. This way more toxic survivors can say "gg ez" while playing a role that's already easy and is continuously being made easier.

• LittilAvindar
    LittilAvindar Member Posts: 255
    Options

He wasn’t designed for tunneling; he was designed to counter loopers by having aoes and area control mechanics. He was given a free instant hook and a free mori. The fact that he can’t see his own cages anymore to walk over, draw his bull down a hallway, and camp, doesn’t mean he is suddenly useless. Virtually any killer has the ability to put someone on a hook and just stand there to prevent a rescue. The fact that pyramid head was literally given the ability to see where to walk and stand wasn’t intentional, and came off as encouraging tunneling/camping. That’s why he was fixed. He’s still faster than Usain Bolt.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

I'm not saying everyone who thinks the change is bad is a tunneling camper or whatever...

Just, if that is your playstyle, might as well convert over to Bubba or Pig. IDK why people complained so much about PH camping when other killers can do it much more effectively without having to set up a trail.

At least with these killers people can still camp and tunnel with little to no penalty (other than potentially losing the game, which is a given when somebody just camps all game) and we know BHVR won't change them since they haven't been touched in forever.

• Man_of_triangles
    Man_of_triangles Member Posts: 302
    Options

That's because DS is so powerful the killer will assume you have it and respect it even when it isn't there. The perk is so powerful you don't even need to use it to benefit from it.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    Options

"i also can't wait to spam pyramid head right now and tunnel survivors asses off to show them that this nerf means nothing when you play against him."

And you are exactly the proof why this community is toxic af, such irony and double standards.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

Bam! This 100%. Discussion over.

I'm not even going to contribute because you single-handedly pointed out what the issue was.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404
    edited July 2020
    Options

I agree there's better camping killers, i.e Freddy. The issue is that if you're tunneled by a pig or LF, you have the chance to use the perks you brought with you i.e DS or BT. Yeah, they can slug you for 60 seconds. But the perk still procs. PH cages had no counter to tunneling.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

Don't know who we have to thank for that, but please thank the Dev team.

I'm an Avid Pyramid Head user and I agree with the changes. Caging shouldn't be a free win, it should also put the killer in a "should I hook, or cage" situation. High risk, high reward.

Again, thank you.

• Seiji212
    Seiji212 Member Posts: 183
    Options

You've gotta be kidding me. PH is becoming my main, and I've only caged people when it was strategically sound to do so. If this makes him 'trash' in anyone's opinion, it's because they were playing like trash, ie camping the cage. That's NOT what the ability is for- you use it to bypass things like ds, etc- of course, but primarily it's meant to get survivors off of gens and to disperse them from your area. At least it is when you're playing him efficiently. I've never understood why people cage without getting some benefit from it, it actually hurts you to do so bc that's 2 hard earned torments gone now, in most scenarios. Nobody who isn't tunnel camping scum thinks that this makes PH trash, we ultimately only lose info as to where survs are headed and if you're rushing to the cage then you're in the aforementioned group. Not a big deal, people are just butt sore that they can't take people out of the game super quickly anymore and nobody cares what people who play like that think.

• Funkerlied
    Funkerlied Member Posts: 37
    Options

This x100. What's the point of caging if I know they're going to get sent across the map just to get healed and back to what they were doing? Cages were only ever good to get more pressure, especially at the end of a game, but now it seems that that's the only benefit of it is at the end.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583
    Options

Developers create games, characters, mechanics, concepts with certain things in mind. Anyone with even a passing knowledge of programming knows just how easy it is to come up with something, even with a think tank of a team, and end up coming up with ideas that they didn't think would be abused, implemented, or even be a problem in the first place.

I'm not defending BHVR on their mistakes, lord knows they have a ton to work on, but at the same time, changing something like this isn't new to any developer, ever. I don't necessarily disagree with you, but this jump to conclusions, this extreme reaction to their choices, is something I will never understand, even if they destroyed Inner Strength(my favorite perk) to the ground.

• HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247
    Options

Lmao I love how people are upset when this could've been prevented. He wouldn't have gotten nerfed if the players wouldn't have used his power to utilize tunneling so much.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

My only issue with the cage mechanic is the fact that you basically get screwed out of sacrifice points. Please make it give the same amount of hook points as a hook, that is the only major issue in my opinion.

• grassdirtsky
    grassdirtsky Member Posts: 174
    edited July 2020
    Options
  • Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    edited July 2020
    Options

The only thing this thread proves is that survivors think that literally everything is "tunneling".

Seriously, the first reply has 100+ upvotes for basically saying, "Don't chase survivors even if you know where they are, just go stand at gens while they all get healed and split up and get ready."

Killers are never going to play the way you guys want, because the way you guys want is almost a guarantee of a loss against any competent survivors. You're never going to stop doing gens, or going to strong loops, or anything else. But you want killers to constantly just close their eyes and count to 50 whenever you feel like it's "fair" for you to get away and reset or whatever else.

Absurd.

• Sodahead
    Sodahead Member Posts: 99
    Options

Survivors move fast and behavior moves just as fast in their favor. You can see them on hooks and camp those because the devs say it's a tactic and they do not see a problem with it. Turn them hooks into cages, then that's not fair. Lmao

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,210
    Options

mostly likely because cage don't work like hook you get less point no hook perks work on them killer or survivor.

• Sodahead
    Sodahead Member Posts: 99
    Options

Maybe, I don't really care to be honest. I don't play him. I just get fed up with bad survivors and bad killers dictating the game. Opening suggestions to a degree will kill this game eventually.

• clem1710
    clem1710 Member Posts: 275
    Options
  • clem1710
    Options

Thank you, finally a non biased player who understand how it works

• clem1710
    Options

I may have overreacted a bit BUT they can at least give a notification of where the survivor was saved. That was too much

• SilentChill
    SilentChill Member Posts: 39
    Options

Hey Devs! I fancy myself a PH main. Here are my thoughts.

[ Feedback ]-> Now that cages cant be seen, PH can still march to the other side of the map look for a cage, and then make the cage appear somewhere else. This will take a minor amount of effort on PH part wich i have no problem with, there are perks than can help me find them, if that is the way I want to play at them time. Playing magical hot potato with the cage, I actually like this, it sounds fun to me! I wasn't much of a tunneler before but now that patrolling my cages has an in game effect, one that i can benefit from (but so can survivors, its a 50/50 imho i have to play with it more.) I find it quite more interesting to use the cages now, rather than just using normal hooks (I onlu sued the power for the mini mori honestly.) Properly harnessed, this can be a interesting slow down tactic. Very very cool IMHO.

[ Opinion/Idea ]-> Since we lost the ability to see cages, perhaps one of the addons can be adjusted to make cages visible and slow down PH or make his blast shorter range.. Since PH addons are kinda weak. You could make it highest tier since its considered "OP."

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

IMO they should separate cages and hooks. Have cages be it's own thing but the survivors share the time or cage states between them. Makes his power a lot more interesting honestly.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Been gone almost a year. Survivors/killer arguing still hasnt changed. Smh.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    Options

Umm thats not what i said tho?

I said go patrol gens, Which is the best way to find survivors since you dont know where the cage is

• SilentChill
    SilentChill Member Posts: 39
    Options

And unnecessarily double the time it takes PH to defeat Survivors? This would make cages have no real point in the end, there are enough deterrents now to avoid using the power without the right strategy. .. I'm sorry, I cant agree with you here. The current adjustment of the power is just the right touch tho.

• clem1710
    Options

Now that the cages are nerfed, yeah, you don't know. That's the point of this thread.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

Yeah, this thought occurred to me, too. Giving PH some sort of information to compensate would be nice. And/or the survivor making the uncage shouldn't lose Torment if they have it applied. I dunno, something. This basically just gives survivors a free rescue with little danger. I mean, I'm not necessarily against PH being unable to see the cage auras, because getting tunneled out as a survivor really does suck, but nothing was done to compensate for this large change to his kit. Information is sooo important when playing killer and caging a survivor now requires giving up a lot of info and for what, so two survivors can lose Torment with no way for the killer to intervene? At least before you had a chance to chase off any Tormented survivor and force an un-Tormented one to make the rescue, and that would give you three survivors not working on gens.

Torment isn't easier to apply after this change, but it is easier for survivors to get rid of it since the killer can't see the cage aura. Torment only seems like a threat now if the killer foregoes caging and saves it for the mini-mori.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Options

im not gonna bother arguing with you since clearly we have completly diffrent opinions on how pyramid head should be played

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited July 2020
    Options

The point would be you can instantly kill them all. It's like a built in Devour Hope, only instead of needing hooks you do cages. Think of it like a universal RBT, where saving the guy from the cage is like removing an active RBT.

What would happen is that you always want to have someone caged if you can, as the survivors are forced to make saves quickly to no lose time in the cage. It basically forces survivors to drop everything and save the guy, because if the guy dies in the cage then you can all be mori'd. In other words it can be massive pressure if he continuously cages survivors.

Right now the only time I see PH use torment is after 2 hooks. Rarely do I see someone get sent to a cage. When there is less than 1 gen left to do, maybe. A change like this would encourage PH players to use it more often during a game.

• clem1710
    Options

I'm not gonna argue with a survivor main who probably didn't played PH enough to understand his power.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

Whats this? did PH get shadow nerfed in the hot fix? what happened lol

• Respectfulnancymain
    Options

So because i have a diffrent opinion then you im a survivor main?

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

I've noticed recently when a caged survivor is rescued you get zero notification of this happening other than the white glow of the cage disappearing from the map. Is this the change that was snuck by us without any prior warning?