We Nerfed Billy But Not Freddy or Spirit?

Options

I just don't see how come we nerf the most balanced killer in the game, yet let the strongest and most brain-dead ones still thrive? Spirit has no legitimate counter other than hope that they're bad and Freddy can just spam snares to ensure a kill regardlessly. Pair that with the broken swing animation so you can't accurately judge the distance between you two. Why? These are the ones in need of a legitimate nerf but nope I guess we should just nerf Billy. Lets nerf Legion one more time while we're at it too. Maybe Pig also.

Comments

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546
    Options

That's a problem with the ranking system mostly. Ghostface isn't the best killer in the game but the same thing will happen if you use your stalk. It's also the survivors fault for being in a bad spot against a Billy. They get the whole terror radius as warning and they decide to stand in a spot where they're gonna die. Learning how to curve is what makes him good but it's really tough to pull off. Otherwise you can just loop him all the same.

• BubbaMain64
    Options

But that doesn't fix the problem. Ormond was """nerfed""" but look at it now. It's still completely broken. Just because there was a nerf to something doesn't mean it was the right one. Spirits problem is only exacerbated by her add-ons. Spirits problem is there is no actual way to counter the power other than hoping she screws up. Freddy requires absolutely zero skill to play and has some of the best anti-loop in the game. You place a snare and they either give you the pallet or you hit them. There's not a loss in that scenario.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options
  • FogLurker
    FogLurker Member Posts: 337
    Options

I agree with your points 100%, I just wanted to remind everyone of their most recent nerfs so that everyone doesn't think they are without nerfs. Well, atleast it took them 4 years for Billy's time to come and not 2 weeks after release.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,157
    Options

You can't do anything against her if she's good. If she's not a good player then it's pretty easy to predict her. She also does require skill, as much as people want to believe headphones are the only needed thing on her (ironically ive seen a trend where people who complain she requires no skill barely play her). As I said she's not top tier for nothing.

Also deathslinger does not suck at all, in fact I would say him or PH is going to be taking over billies spot on the tier list.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Because they didn't need a nerf. And neither did Billy. Spirit is a pain. But there are various tricks you can try.

• BubbaMain64
    Options

That's literally the only thing you have to not die with in a chase. Am I just suppose to stand still in the open? "Man this guy is so good he killed me when I had zero defenses damn I should just play better next time :(". There's more viable killers but Spirit and Freddy are just the easiest to play so most people don't bother learning the other ones. Which is the biggest problem I have. They take really nothing more than basic killer knowledge to play and their powers are way too strong for such a low skill ceiling. Huntress, Demo, Billy, basically anybody that takes time to learn their power are justified in their strength because there is a legitimate margin of error to have. But their powers potential means that they can compensate greatly for it. Saying "learn how to get good instead of just relying on pallets and loops" is probably the most redundant statement I've ever heard. This is what all the skill for survivor comes down too, and it only highlights your own inexperience if you truly believe in what you said.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
    Options
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,010
    Options

Freddy is balanced, his snares hurt him when placing them and all you need to do is leave the loop as he loses his bloodlust when placing them.

Spirit is the killer that you need to use something more than loops to counter

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Exactly this^

Love the instadowns hating on a killer who has always had a cooldown and needs 2 hits for a down.

Killers we are going to be in trouble if we keep asking to nerf each other's mains.

House divided and all...

• FogLurker
    FogLurker Member Posts: 337
    Options

The title: Talks about Spirit and Freddy not having received any nerfs.

My response: Reminds of Spirits and Freddy's most recent nerfs to show there have been nerfs.

Neither in the title or my response does it ask for balance or strictly specify the nerfs only to do with balance, much less anything to do with keys.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416
    Options

The spirit also doesnt see you too.

Also freddy is not op. Hes just easy to play.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649
    Options

And there we go! I mean, by this time in 1 year killers can only swing 24 times per match.... It's for balance purposes you know? Miss one attack and well.....just got gud son

• BubbaMain64
    Options

Play the phase sound while in a chase so people can at least try to make a decision based on that. "BuT mUh MiNdGaMeS!!!!111??". No killer should be "just hope they miss lmao". It's just bad design.

• ThisGuuy83
    Options

No, if your good and not a potato, you can sometimes go an entire match without ever being found. But stealth killers on the other hand got crushed w spine chills. GF, pig, wraith, and myers will never sneak up on someone running spine chills. That's an example of stealth being nerfed... No offense, but you really sound like a noob man.

• ThisGuuy83
    edited July 2020
    Options

Go to YouTube and watch tru3 talent okay, and tell me stealth doesn't work... By the way, he's red rank, solo only. Running around in wide open areas and being loud will always get you found.

• OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495
    Options

there is no spirit problem if you play stealthily and not try to loop her like shes a wraith. Do survivors really wanna play against every killer the same way? Thats all i get out of posts like these asking for specific killer nerfs. pre drop pallets against freddy. Ez hes loopable just like every killer. His power is basically a worse version of clowns yet i dont hear survivors complaining about clown lol

• Flarefire_Xx
    Flarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353
    Options

Billy was fine because I faced like 0 Billy’s he didn’t need a nerf, I would of rather them made it so Freddy got a minor nerf and required skill(like being forced to go through with a teleport after * amount of time)

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400
    Options

The reason they are going for Billy and not spirit and freddy, is the same reason they are going for Bubba and not Legion or Pig. Because both of those chain saw boys have outdated add-ons. Its got nothing to do with them being the weakest or strongest, its just outdated add-ons. As in no iridescent and only 2 purple and what not. They have talked about updating them for a while. And since add-ons are heavily connected to powers (being what they have an effect on) they tinkered with the powers as well.

Now why the specific change I couldnt tell you. But my best guess would be to have more specific things for the addons to have an effect on. Instead of just sprinting, charging, punishment and what not. Its simpler to have more details with your power. So give Bubba some charges to give him som control over his own power and the time spent on it. And give Billy an overheat function to reduce the amount people can spam the ability without actually using it. Then add some add-ons that mitigate this overheating and add some add-ons that increase the charges or time added per charge.

You can argue whether he needed the nerf, I personally think its a small nerf to most Billy players and since we have no idea what the remaining addons is or what the finished product is gonna look like, I think people should relax. But saying that spirit and freddy should have had priority when this change have been underway for a long long time is not really fair. Plus you have no idea what else is in the mid-way chapter.

Im not saying they add something massiv. But they snuck in a small buff for clown that made him feel a bit better to play. They could add a small nerf to freddy so he cant spam his ability as much or to spirit so her using her ability is easier to recognize.

I dont think they will add that. But my point is we dont know anything beyond what the general idea is for their base kit. People need to calm down a bit.

• Guertena
    Guertena Member Posts: 392
    Options

The most balanced killer 🤣🤣🤣

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

And that's the problem with spirit a guessing game which you said to yourself she has no counter. Being forced to waste your materials to survive isnt good what happens when the pallets are gone?

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

Stealthing is the absolute worst way to play this game is an advanced version of cat and mouse where each mouse takes turn distracting the cat if one survivors keeps getting chased they will die that's why they tag in and out of chases so the others dont die soon and can focus on gens. With stealth you are not only not doing the objective but not helping with chases.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

I think freddy is in need of changes so that not every freddy plays the exact same build which is utterly boring for everyone involved. Also I do believe that the devs have no clue what fun means. Uhm do not take this as my usual rant, but billy is fun to play and play against meanwhile you have stuff like freddy, spirit, pyramid head and legion who are just annoying and no fun to play against.

Yet you do not see any changes being made there instead they decide to remove yet another skillbased mindgame, which offers interaction for the survivor and the killer. PH encouraged most scummy gameplay and that is obviously ok. I will take billy over any of the mentioned above any time.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

Spirit was nerfed and had add-ons nerfed.

Freddy is fine where he's at. If anything, he needs a couple add-ons tweaked but he's no different than tombstone Myers when he has an add-on combo being used.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,157
    edited July 2020
    Options

Well if your teams good all the gens will be done when all the pallets are gone so that will almost never happen, and also it isn't "wasting" pallets if it's preventing a hit.

I mean, it's a guess, so make a better choice of what you do, I personally don't mind the guess part as it requires skill from both sides.

• ThisGuuy83
    Options

So who's better then? He 4ks with every killer using other people's loadouts, plays the cards on Sundays and still manages to win, always escapes against red rank killers playing solo, and mostly carrying his team. Makes very good points about balance issues and certain things the devs just refuse to acknowledge. Nice try, go play under someone else's bridge

• OktobmerButOktobmier
    OktobmerButOktobmier Member Posts: 25
    Options

How is Freddy OP?

He is still not very powerful after his rework, even if you still are in the dream state theres no need to wake up since theres only a few minor debuffs.

wtf do you mean freddy is op

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

I mean at this rate, lets just nerf everything, remove killers from the game so its a generator repair sim.....

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

Two things: Devs recently said often enough that they don't do quickshots on changes, instead take numbers to look at the performance. That's why they don't do massive changes after PTB, like the second wave of changes they have done to Doc after the PTB was over for some weeks. I guess Freddy and Spirit are still on the scanner.

Second: Billy got nerfed and Spirit/Freddy not, because they don't fix the entire game in a single patch

• mosheon970
    mosheon970 Member Posts: 215
    Options

they not just nerfing the good killers, they killing them lol

• ThisGuuy83
    Options

Actually my argument is valid, because tru3 doesn't play toxic, tru3 actually explains things, and isn't biased. The point he makes is HOW POWERFUL SWF'S are. Any good player that has over 2000 hrs can make any killer look good, but they'll still get mauled by good swf's. People think running around in circles and camping pallets/JG/windows is suppose to give them a get away free card. Survivors have a lot more going for then right now then killer, so they need to just wipe there tears.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

Funny because it seems that when it's the other way around it's apparently balanced

• BubbaMain64
    Options

I'm red rank and solo only too, that doesn't mean #########. Just because it CAN work doesn't mean it will. If the killer is brain dead then you can get away with stealth sure. But with sentient killers who know how to actually play the game and keep pressure up it doesn't work at all. Play some legitimate survivor solo que and get a taste of it. Because it is very apparent you don't know how this game functions at higher levels of play.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

No killer is worthy of a nerf in current dbd, not even spirit because she is still very much winnable

• BubbaMain64
    Options

It's not. That's why we removed infinite loops. That's why toolboxes were nerfed. That's why you have to actually time pallet stuns now and you can't blind killers out of the hooking animation. It's why killers are being reworked to have more threatening abilities. But of course killer mains are just always victims because some body t-bagged them a pallet.