Thats it....I quit until they fix this bs

Options

Its literally gotton worse and its to the point where I refuse to play this stupid game.....every single killer match (rank 11) I get red ranks and every survivor match (rank 7) I get rank 20-15 teammates......PLEASE FIX THIS GAME

Comments

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268
    Options

Oddly enough, the ranking system is designed to link you with survivors with 10 ranks of you, so this is a sad excuse where the system is working properly under it's current condition. Not to say I agree with being paired up with red ranks when you're in green ranks. I get red and purple ranks when I'm a rank 15 killer though.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,099
    edited July 2020
    Options

I keep having the opposite problem (I'm Red Ranked 1; I don't think I've played a Red Rank today, let alone someone at Level 1). A lot of Yellow and Green people are my opponents today.

Which is great for me with the Anniversary Cakes (and at least somewhat great for the people I'm playing as I have become a lot more merciful with hooks and letting people escape) but I could absolutely understand why it is super annoying.

I know the devs have said they've been working on a fix but this has been going on for months now. You'd figure there could be some kind of adjustment/hot fix to band-aid the problem until they setup their brand new matchmaking system or something...

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505
    Options

Look, someone blaming ranks for their loss again.

Once again - SURVIVOR RANKS ARE A PARTICIPATION TROPHY. Any green rank players you would play against will easily be at red rank in a matter of hours. There's next to no difference.

• that1chick69
    that1chick69 Member Posts: 29
    Options

Hey you still did pretty well... 2k against 4 red ranks.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

Because the current state of matchmaking makes survivors happy.

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576
    Options

I love the way every stupid survivor says:" well he got 2 kills so he cant complain". No he cant but that means he should be red rank as well and not killing green ranks survivors when matchmaking works fine.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

LOL? That is so cliche. I can't.

OP I get matches like this a lot too. I agree with the others you did do well, I mean 2k is considered balanced. So perhaps give yourself a little credit. New MMR is coming, so hopefully it'll change things up. Just have to wait and see.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404
    edited July 2020
    Options

Imagine thinking ranks dont matter just because its "easy to rank up." Rank one survivors with possibly thousands of hours EACH, versus a green rank with MAYBE a couple hundred hours. Sure. That's definitely fair. Ranks matter.

• Bovinity
    Options

The whole "2 kills = balanced" thing is kinda weird. 2 kills is often a sign that the killer actually got outplayed pretty hard.

Yeah, I know that sounds strange, but it's actually not too hard to still sneak in 1-2 endgame kills on a team that's knocking out gens and escaping fast. Or to knock out the weaker links later in the match. (Notice even the dead guys got a ton of points.)

I know, I know. "But the devs said..." Well, there's what the devs say, and then there's how the game actually plays, what it actually rewards, and how it feels to the players. When I play survivor, two people getting out feels like a big win. As a killer, two people getting out feels awful, and survivors are usually quite happy about it.

Not to mention how the emblems add up. I know the emblems are broken as hell, but they absolutely tilt toward a killer getting more than two kills. Whereas escaping isn't actually even that significant for survivors. (Typically silver vs. gold on a single emblem)

It's a weird situation. I really don't think that the "2 kills/2 out = balanced" stuff tells the whole story.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,807
    Options

Lol and I play solo as a rank 1 survivor and get paired with rank 11 killers BUT there is 3 rank 20s. So I stand no chance really. Matchmaking is totally broken lately.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Thats how it has been for the last year now. Play killer and its sweaty tryhard swf, play survivor and you get rank 15-20 survivors who just crouch around the edge of the map all game

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,653
    Options

Yeah. My brother was playing Survivor the other day, and I was watching and giving him some tips. He ended up getting put into a game with a Rank 17, 2, 3 and the Killer was a Rank 5. He is Rank 19. The MM hasn't ever been super amazing, but this is pretty upsetting to see.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited July 2020
    Options

as a green rank killer wich means he is not experienced i found that ok. also he is right they are 10 levels above him still somehow he is forced to play agaisnt that. the perks have nothing to do with this topic.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Run Ruin +suirvellance + bbq + M&A. You already know what youre doing with add ons.

• DetectiveBingBong
    DetectiveBingBong Member Posts: 67
    Options

I mean, that doesn't change the issue. Matchmaking is busted and things need better balancing. People shouldn't have to play the top 5 to rank up.

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225
    Options

Imagine being that much of an ignorant entitled survivor. Noed is part of the game. Being matched up with people 2 divinions ahead of you isn't or perhaps shouldn't be.

Grow up

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,209
    Options

i don't know must be the one many survivor that hate noed and use DS BT SB DH so many of 2nd change i wont list.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

i sure it was a pain in the bad word to get that two kills sure noed helped tho most gen rush don't do bone like they should.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

in a way he didn't lose dev said good game is 2 dead 2 get out.

in a way he didn't lose or win.

• NekoGamerX
    edited July 2020
    Options

how you think 4 people getting out feels i in rank 8 killer 1 out of 3 game they gen rush all get because of BT DS body blocking oh i got 99% door so they make sure they all get out.

edit i take the 2 kills out 3 i don't need 4k all the time 0k hurts.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

Time for a cookie cutter response to a cookie cutter post:

Ranks are not indicative of skill. The devs themselves say this.

The way it comes off when people make posts like this is "these people were too good for me, it's matchmaking's fault!" If you "lost," it's because you made too many mistakes in the game.

I just can't wait to see the next excuse people are going to bring up once they ditch this current ranking system for their upcoming MMR system and people can't be confused by meaningless numbers.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

It's not only for killers like that. My girlfriend recently Started gaming. She is rank 16 and enjoys playing survivor. But she also sended me screenshots when she versed a red rank killer with over 2k hrs.

• DwightOP
    Options

I mean, he got 2 kills against red ranks. That's how the game is designed to be, 2 kills and 2 escapes. Idk why he is crying, he just showed us how he won against red ranks.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

ok it is easy to rank up as survivor but another fact is survivor very easy to play even in solo (sometime) SWF pretty much borderline cheating

swf is worse with OoO.

• DwightOP
    Options

He got 2 kills against red ranks, maybe he wants to say that noed helped him for the kills

• Huff
    Options

Yeah, but most posts about this kind of thing are not about a rank 20 being matched with all rank 1s. It's usually a purple or green rank against red ranks, which is far from impossible. People who complain about that sort of matchmaking are simply just less skilled than their opponents and are looking for some sort of scapegoat to point their finger at.

You know what I say when I go up against red ranks and don't do well? I say "well damn I screwed up a lot that game," or "those guys were really good" or sometimes even "I simply didn't have as good of a setup" if they're all running the most OP things and I'm sitting there with all rank 1 perks or something. In other words, I don't go blaming it on the fact that I may be in green/purple ranks (I am indeed usually in green/purple as killer, and still manage to get 4k against red rank survivors when I want to. It's not impossible.)

I also disagree that just because a killer's or survivor's rank is 18 or anything low like that, that it automatically gives them a disadvantage. That means that they haven't played in a while and decayed, or that they simply don't play enough to raise their rank yet. Point being, while skill might give you high rank, having a high rank doesn't give you skill. I've seen rank 18 players that play like rank 1 and rank 1 players that play like rank 18. so I get your point, but I disagree ultimately.

I know it means "something." That doesn't mean that rank is any measure of skill.

• shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383
    Options

Noed does absolutely nothing. Gets clensed right away.

• Huff
    Options

I know what you mean, as I can hit red rank more easily as survivor than I can as killer, simply because survivors can rank up playing a more passive role and holding M1 on a generator. I don't even play SWF.

Regardless of if I'm red rank on survivor and green/purple usually as killer (both are true) I wouldn't use either rank to justify the amount of skill I have. I would consider myself realistically maybe a mid tier killer, at least as of now while I'm still leveling things and using mediocre addons. That doesn't mean that if I go against red ranks that I stand no chance. As survivor or killer.

I don't even think it matters what's easier to "rank up" with anyway, because as I (and the devs) have said, rank is not indicative of skill anyway. Whether one is easier to play than the other or not is irrelevant, because all that matters at the end of the day is whether you're good enough to beat your opponent or not. The pip system should not ever be an excuse to blame your loss on. It's because you weren't good enough as a player usually.

I know there are some cases where things are really turned against you (like being camped into a 1st hook mori or something) but in most realistic scenarios that isn't the case.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

they can't they got to keep gen rushing come here bad word about noed when they could of just did bones.

• shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383
    Options

That's true lol when I used to run it I would down one person and then poof gone. I never understood the people who argue against it.

• Bovinity
    Options

People who complain about that sort of matchmaking are simply just less skilled than their opponents and are looking for some sort of scapegoat to point their finger at.

Well, yes. That's the point. They're far less skilled than their much higher ranked opponents. That's not enjoyable for the losing party, and maybe not even for the winning party. Especially not for new players.

Any good matchmaking system should at least make an effort to keep that from happening. I know it's probably a lot harder in DbD, but this might be the only game that I've ever seen that seems to actively try to create bad matchmaking experiences.

We'll see when the new MM comes out, though.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

MM joke i don't have to much hope for the new MM coming.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606
    Options

Yes, the MM is all over the place right now, but who really cares? Yes, the general idea is the higher your rank, the more experience and skill you’ve obtained. However, this is NOT true. Looks to me like you Mr. Rank 10 killed 2 of the survivors with a crappy killer. A draw is an acceptable worse case scenario for any killer player. I’m sure we’d all rather have a draw than only kill 1, or even none.