New aura system

Options

Comments

• Enlyne
    Enlyne Member Posts: 429
    Options

Damn right, can't tell how many times this blob hid the killer away from sight and pretty much closed a lot of distance on me, it gets annoying.

• RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507
    Options

They look awful for Surv too. Dunno what you're on about there.

• Daddy_Doctor
    Daddy_Doctor Member Posts: 158
    Options

I’m red/green colourblind and can’t see the red auras at all. Sorry to any survivor teammates that get hooked, I have a constant third seal debuff.

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392
    Options

So here they are. Personally I think they look alright.

• leyzyman
    leyzyman Member Posts: 355
    Options

while it does look nice, in terms of gameplay, it is much more difficult to see auras of survivors when playing killer. If your not paying attention to bbq, you will miss the the survivors completely. If next to a gen, almost impossible to see.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

Agree, on Ormond the auras are basically nonexistent.

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793
    Options

Do you have a picture?

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options
  • Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Me neither, I could not see survivors with barbecue at all.

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383
    edited July 2020
    Options

Impossible to see survivors aura

• des7in
    des7in Member Posts: 47
    Options

I was just about to post this. I played one game and thought "okay the auras are clearly just bugged" but they were the same in the second game which led to me finding the patch notes and noticing the aura change. I haven't seen any chest, totem, door, or generator aura, but the survivor and killer auras are poor, to put it politely. They're far too slender, too dark and generally just really difficult to actually see. They remind me of Echoes from Mirror's Edge: Catalyst if any of you have played that game. #revertauras

• Kamikaze_Rose
    Kamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247
    Options

I agree. The auras are trash. They look like x-rays or something, but they're useless now.

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225
    Options

Killers said that they used BBQ only for BP, so this is not a problem :). Anyway as a surv I don't know which killer I'm playing against, I can't recognize their auras

• GRT_Alkaline
    GRT_Alkaline Member Posts: 226
    Options

Not had a chance to get on myself so i don't know what they are like first-hand but going off your screenshots they sont look as bad as everyone is saying..

My opinion might change once i get into a game though.

• OniWantsUrLocation
    OniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 506
    Options

Why should someone use BBQ only for BPs? It is the combination of aura reading and bps that actually makes this perk quite nice. I wouldn't use it at all if they removed one or the other feature. 

• Todgeweiht
    Options
  • Todgeweiht
    Options

they look like some X-ray thingies.

At least it will look cool when I run leprose lichen demo now.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

I like them better, to be honest. They were comically bright and easy to read even across the map before. I feel like this actually fits the art style a little better and means you have to spend at least a split second paying attention to see what's going on, instead of having bright neon colors, crystal clear, from a mile away.

• Bubblan
    Bubblan Member Posts: 21
    Options

I also faced an object of absession and she was barely visable....

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    Options

Auras of gens are almost invisible when the gen is (not that) far away

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 909
    Options

It's been very inconsistent with auras being solid, I hope this is only a placeholder while they work on making better auras that are less likely to be buggy, as they definitely have been in the past.

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392
    Options

It seems like they have a scrolling alpha mask going like over them, sometimes making parts invisible less or more.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575
    Options

It's game breaking for me. I have some color blindness. Was able to see auras before this without problem. Today I have played a few matches and can't see the majority of auras, and it's a struggle to see the ones I have seen. BHVR just broke their own game for me.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

@PassarinoT placeholders don't belong in the live game -- it's broken. I can't imagine someone from BHVR thinking yeah... this looks good push it through.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,547
    Options

Hear hear...I literally cannot see the auras half the time anymore. It's so, so bad. Forget the occasional problem seeing totems or trapper traps, it's all red auras now. This was seriously the biggest middle finger to colorblind people they could have given.

I appreciate the sentiment, but...it's been four years and all they've ever done is say "well we can't do that because blood would be too easy to see" and ignore the fact that it would be ok to at least let us change the color of auras and scratchmarks...you know, the things that are supposed to be easy to see. Definitely not holding my breath. Why I'm glad regular color-vision players are having problems, they can't ignore the general population like they can us.

• Bobulkomat
    Bobulkomat Member Posts: 5
    Options

They probably have a reason for that. We have to get used to it. I think this change prevents some bugs in the future.

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 909
    Options

Yeah, very right, could also be just early testing to see how the system works but I still don't think that should be set across a live platform from console to PC like this.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760
    Options

pretty sure nobody is.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,547
    edited July 2020
    Options

Agreed, completely. It's been four years and there's no options to change the red of gens/scratchmarks/traps/hooked survivors/downed survivors. I can accept their reasoning on it being unfair to change blood, but these new auras just make it genuinely impossible to see things correctly. I was starting to burn out a little anyway, but with this...holy hell is it going to be impossible to play well. Which is a shame since I really wanted that premium track Wraith skin...oh well, I can live without it and the frustration the new auras cause.

Edit: moderate deuteranopia and protanopia here, so all sorts of issues seeing blended colors, which is ALL these auras are now.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

Yeah these auras don't look very good. Why wasn't this in the PTB? Is this some super secret way of nerfing BBQ?