New aura system

Options

Comments

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,394
    Options

I can’t continue to play this game if auras aren’t changed soon, it literally makes it unplayable for us colorblind people.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575
    Options

"the appearance of auras is noticeably different" - appearance was a bad choice of word there since they barely appear at all now.

• cactoidking
    cactoidking Member Posts: 11
    Options

This change is bad and I'm disheartened that the devs don't seem to listen to feedback.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

Sadly implementing features and new modes is something that the developers don't seem to care much about. People have been asking for a training mode or a solo option for the last four years, and yet the mobile version gets just that within a few months of going live. 😕🤨

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,547
    Options

It was a minigame within the game with the old auras for me, I can't wait to never play Trapper again with the new auras! Thanks BHVR, your colorblind fanbase certainly doesn't need to see to play the game.

Like, I've been annoyed at them before, but most times it can be boiled down to adaptation pains. This is something I legitimately cannot help, my vision does not let me see all colors. And this patch has shown me definitively that they do not care.

• Hlidskialf
    Hlidskialf Member Posts: 58
    edited July 2020
    Options

Another one.

Post edited by Hlidskialf on
  • LordRegal
    Options

Please tell me there's no killer in that screenshot...

• WheresTheGate
    Options

This! With all the other acknowledged problems in this game it is unfathomable to me that they actually took the time to make changes that simply weren't needed. On top of that the unneeded change adds yet another broken element to the game.

• Catt_xo
    Catt_xo Member Posts: 36
    Options

I actually have been put off the game now. Had a few and cant see Jack. Save someone, yeah go find them on the hook first as aura is next to nothing. And for my partner who has poor vision, its game over for him. X_X

• Nebula
    Options

It’s extremely disheartening that they still haven’t responded to all this criticism from the colorblind community.

And it’s even more of shame that it will more than likely be weeks before they actually implement a change (if they even make one).

Looks like it’s time for me to take a break from a game that clearly doesn’t care about people like me.

• OverdoseT
    OverdoseT Member Posts: 57
    Options

This new Auras are absolutely Bad.

Can't see the auras properly.

Please give us old auras back

• Nebula
    Options

If your R/G colorblind like me, trust me it’s just as bad as you think. Can’t see people on hooks unless I have direct line of sight, can’t see any auras from BBQ, and gens that are far away blend even more than they did before.

• LordRegal
    Options

Moderate deuteranopia and moderate protanopia here, it's going to be unplayable, isn't it? Joy.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    Options

this really is a pity and I feel very sorry for you, and trust me: I don't have any colour blindness whatsoever and still struggle a lot to see aura of far away generators. Totems? they are just invisible if you are not near them.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

They are barely visible (gens and hooks) and the hex totem are compeltly invisible. Bug?

• Catt_xo
    Catt_xo Member Posts: 36
    Options

New aura update. Awfull for survs too. Cant see gens, fellow survs or anything else really. Was looking forward to gaming and well.... looks like il be playing something else. :(

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772
    Options

Nope, this is a new feature. Someone really really smart from the devs team thought this was an excellent idea and they went through with it. Even though there was a major backlash during the PTB.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

This was a perfect case of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Auras were fine. 😐

• WheresTheGate
    Options

Bingo. Always excited after an update just to try things out for a few games. Forced myself to play 3 and couldn't do it anymore. Can't see hardly any auras now. RE Resistance downloading. I haven't played it before, but if it's any good this ridiculous aura update may be what finally pushes me away from DBD for good.

• Terr0rwrist
    Terr0rwrist Member Posts: 67
    Options

Yeah as killer you can barely see survivors with BBQ. Kind of a nerf for both sides.

• WheresTheGate
    Options

The fact anyone at BHVR thought this aura change was a good idea is a bit bewildering. The fact it actually made it completely through whatever process it has to go through to be put in the game is mind boggling.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

It's only a nerf for killers. Nobody uses Bond or Empathy anyway, they don't have to see auras. WHAT IN THE NAME OF GOD WERE THEY THINKING?

I can not see hex perks, i can barely see exit doors. GG if that stays that way, i uninstall this game forever. My eyes were never good to begin with, but that is unbearable.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

To me, the change is horrific. I am colorblind, particular redblind, and i cant see the auras of downed or hooked survivors anymore. I havn´t played as a killer yet, but auras were horribile before the update, i think i can´t play killer anymore after this.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Yeah, they need to revert this. Idk why they made Aura so bad. It's not like there are things a 100 times more important to change than Auras.

• sneakolai
    sneakolai Member Posts: 17
    Options

Match start as Trapper. There are multiple traps. Can you find them?

Close range Ace after he vaulted to trigger I'm All Ears. shudder Dat skeleton, tho.

A rather cornerish hook (for BBQ aura checking). I suppose it's possible everyone was in a locker. Or within range. Or maybe they're tiny red dots. WHO KNOWS?

I think there's four traps. I spent some time looking after I opened the door.

See? It's like I said! A minigame within the game! "Triangulate on Traps" doesn't quite roll off the tongue like "Where's Waldo," but at least I don't run into copyright infringement.

• LordRegal
    Options

I see one trap in your first image and 0 traps in the last one. Trapper is actually completely unplayable for me now then, absolutely insane.

• Fantagreen
    Fantagreen Member Posts: 26
    Options

Since the last update I can barely see the traps I can pick with Trapper.

The new visuals for auras appear to be very thin and poorly colored, it's also hard to see distant allies while hooked or with some perks right now.

Is this issue a thing just for me?

• Ayrenmag
    Ayrenmag Member Posts: 5
    Options

Yes, it really hard to see auras please make them brighter !

• ZandoFox
    ZandoFox Member Posts: 15
    Options

Just want to add one more voice to this thread.

They need to be much more bright and visible. It makes me not want to even play killer. I have deuteranomaly (mild red-green colorblindness) and this is screwing me over really bad. It sucks, and a quick patch is needed ASAP.

• LordRegal
    Options

Wow, yeah, I can make out #2 without help now that I know exactly where I'm looking, but otherwise those are invisible.

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 903
    Options

Do they even have a serious QA process? Things like these slip through more often in recent times!

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544
    Options

too many people were using auras to give them an unfair advantage over newer players. The devs have remedied this by making auras near invisible as to give newer players more of a chance of hiding from the killer.

• JustAnotherAnon
    JustAnotherAnon Member Posts: 79
    Options

Dear god. Even with the arrows I can just barely make them out. It's ######### disgusting that this made it into the actual update without anyone going. "Hmmm, Maybe it's too hard to see with the new auras."

The only possible explanation is that the developers don't play their own game.

• shummed
    shummed Member Posts: 2
    Options

Dead by daylight had quickly become one of my favorite games of all time, but this update ruins the experience for me. All of the perks that helped balance the game are nearly void. The aura may still be there but its so hard to see. so for those without perfect vision the game is almost unplayable. I don't know who thought this was a good idea, but I hope it changes soon. otherwise I may move onto something else. and I know that I'm just one guy, but as i'm seeing other fans feel the similarly about this update, I don't think I'm the only one who would see this as a deal breaker.

Much love, I hope the developers hear the fans, because this was a good game.

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463
    Options

Who at BHVR actually saw these auras and said "Yep, this is fine."

• LaMeR
    LaMeR Member Posts: 47
    Options

BBQ is one of the most used perk on game for killers, really useful for trace the survivors far from your position . With the new update the auras have been changed. I just played some games with BBQ and I really hard problems to see the enemies. Looks like if they are behind the generator in a different prospective from your position you can not see them anymore.

Also they have the same color of the generator while before they had a different red color and a bigger aura box

Looks like on this update another assist has been done for the survivors. Nerfed Billy and now for see the auras you need x-rays glasses

• madamretto
    madamretto Member Posts: 364
    Options

Ehm...😅