New aura system

Options

Comments

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,157
    Options

It's nearly impossible to see them now on certain maps, especially ormond. People who are colorblind literally can't see them at all, my wife is colorblind and had no problems seeing the old auras but she literally can't see them at all. This is a terrible change for both sides, survivors can't see downed teammates, killers can't see gens. Fix it.

Everyone please @Peanits @Almo and any other devs you can to get them to fix this.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

(Cries in Freddy Main) Yeah. All auras are ######### in Freddy's World. Even for survivor. Worst on Ormond and Coldwind Farm.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

The auras are not cool.

I recommend two builds on legion:

Sloppy, Thana, DL and PGTW with the addon to see gen progress in frenzy.

SF, Enduring, Ruin, Surveillance with two CD addons

• Vixley
    Vixley Member Posts: 54
    Options

I literally can't see hooked survivors on some maps if they're on the other side. These auras are horrible to play with and I've stopped using perks like bond and kindred because of it :/

• inihility
    inihility Member Posts: 8
    Options

Agreed, why the developers went through with this change without looking at feedback is concerning. They need a middle ground or revert it to how it looked before.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

I wont be running aura perks for a while I guess :(

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706
    Options

Pretty good auras so far.

• Grace
    Grace Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2020
    Options

Please bring back the old one. The aura reading should facilitate gameplays not make them worse.

• Eareland
    Eareland Member Posts: 236
    Options

do you mean people cried about Hillbilly and now it's nerfed to the ground? rofl.

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266
    edited July 2020
    Options

Yeah I love the style it's cool and all but it's too light to the point of being almost transparent. Its really hard on the eyes and that's why the aura rework is getting so much negative feedback.

• krazaki
    krazaki Member Posts: 6
    Options

I don't usually comment on posts on these forums, but I had to make an account, just to leave this comment.

It's a disgrace really. The console version has had ongoing issues for years with framerate issues, and because of this new aura system, you can't see the generators very clearly, and don't get me started on BBQ & Chilli.

But the issue that affects console players, or at least on Xbox right now, is the fact that the whole game lags due to the new aura system. Seriously, if you play on a map like Coldwind Farm. GOOD LUCK playing as the killer, because that framerate is the worst I've seen it since playing the game. It's not fun chasing survivors while your whole game is lagging. But when I play as survivor, its fine.

It's extremely clear this was never really tested on console, and I have to say it is extremely dissapointing and it's sad. I just can't play the game on Xbox anymore. Honestly, I wish I was exaggerating, but the framerate is actually horrific and it's sad.

Dead By Daylight Logic:

If it's not broke, break it.

• DrFrozen
    DrFrozen Member Posts: 144
    Options

I hate new auras which has been changed in new patch. These auras are actually invisible. Devs should add option to recover old auras. Nurse's calling is now useless for me, BBQ the same... What a shame...

What do you think about new auras ? Share your opinion in comments!

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

Literally no one likes new auras.

• Fantagreen
    Fantagreen Member Posts: 26
    Options

No one asked for it.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522
    Options

Horrible. Some times I can't even see where a teammate is hooked. Not sure how this was ever tested and okayed

• Chinna678
    Chinna678 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2020
    Options

Please revert, auras are barely visible specially in maps like ormond

• Tarlonis
    Tarlonis Member Posts: 21
    Options

Yes I noticed it this morning too. Much MUCH harder to distinguish. I'd say turn the intensity back up by 25% minimum.

• ClawsOfHell
    ClawsOfHell Member Posts: 68
    Options

Why change the auras? really? i really don't understand why behaviour team can't do anything right they literally do the oposite of what community want "Don't buff this killer he's fine" buff the killer "Buff this killer he's bad" don't buff the killer, "Don't change aura their are completely fine" change the aura to a barely visible thing and above all that why we CAN'T have a option to set the aura collor? what's the problem? if i'm colorblind SHOULD have a option to set a new color for the auras it's so SIMPLE but again you guys don't listen to your community feedback and release thoose bad updates, please stop making useless skins and focus on fixing and giving more mechanics instead of this bs skins that nobody cares.

Btw i'm not colorblind but i know some friends that are and now they can't see anything because if before was hard now it's literraly impossible to see.

• Nagi
    Nagi Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2020
    Options

Trapper is a super fun experience when you can't see you traps to set them up. I love that the devs have further solidified his place as default m1 killer with actually no power. : )

• ClawsOfHell
    Options

"I think we did a preety good JOB SO FAR"

• ClawsOfHell
    Options

Yup as i main huntress i can't see anything with BBQ or Nurses or anything that show auras and when i play survivor in solo i ALWAYS bring Kindred or Bound to get a good team work but now it's useless i was 5ft away from a dwight and i wans't seeing his aura...

• IsJustMe
    IsJustMe Member Posts: 436
    Options

Yes this tow little points in a far, far far..... away corner on the map ^^

• Spencerjnlouis
    Spencerjnlouis Member Posts: 117
    Options

The devs really are trying harder now to discourage playing Killer, I redownloaded this game last night only to be met with alpha build auras. People have been telling me that it is intentional and not a bug, BBQ & Chili auras are literally impossible to see if you are not looking carelly, this is a soft nerf to Killers. I don't trust those devs mate.

And before y'all come on here and shower me with toxicity just know that I have been trying my hardest to be a good player, I don't tunnel, I don't camp, I give hatch if they spawn nearby, I give thumbs up good players but despite all that I mostly get toxic players who won't stop abusing a game that clearly give them more power and will sometimes message nasty stuff to me.

This game is truly one of the worst games I have EVER played, the community is super toxic and the devs don't ever make Killer mains feel valued and barely communicate transparently (I'd love to see what y'all would do if all the Killer players left the game)

• JLew
    JLew Member Posts: 160
    Options

Just wanted to keep the aura problem visible on this forum so maybe they can hotfix this cause in the state they are...can see nothing.

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393
    Options

I'm colorblind. I struggled, but made do with the auras in the past. I mostly play killer, but some survivor as well. I could get red ranks in both and adapt for my color issues (have yet to see a scratch mark and only see blood if I run certain perks or play the Game map). That said, the new auras have ended my ability to play. I main Trapper and can't see a trap anywhere on the ground. I walked around for the whole game just trying to find traps when I first logged in. One of the survivors eventually figured out I was just trying to find traps and started helping me find them. I set them all up in the killer shack for the hell of it. Could not see them when I walked away from it though....WTH!

I can't see gen auras outside of roughly 32m. I can't see hook auras unless I'm next to it practically. There are no survivor auras with Chili. Can't see my hex totems at all from anywhere. As survivor I can't see hooked players unless they are relatively close. I can't see gens/totems with Det. Hunch. Can't see a downed player unless they are in pure LoS.

They ended my ability to play this game. I can't unhook survivors if I can't find them. I can't hook survivors if I can't find the hooks. I'm done. Thanks BHVR. Your incompetence finally made me realize just how bad this game is. How you do this is beyond me. I bet EA and Blizzard are so happy you exist; because every time someone says how bad they are, they can say that they are not the worst.

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393
    Options

I'm colorblind and I now feel like I'm playing the game with the blindness debuff. Did Pig put a RBT on my head with that addon? This is pure insanity.

• CrossCatto
    CrossCatto Member Posts: 1
    Options

For the love of god, please put it back! This has killed all the fun of the game. If I’m not looking in their direction exactly when they are hooked - then I won’t see them at ALL. Slugged survivors are invisible.

This is bad for people’s eyesight even - I’m squinting the entire game. Colour blind people see nothing. Half the perks are destroyed. Rainbow maps are useless. What’s with the inaccurate size?

This is AWFUL. At least make them the correct size and a BIT brighter. This is HORRIBLE.

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332
    edited July 2020
    Options

I uninstalled it.

The FPS and the auras were actually making my eyes hurt after two matches. I was starting to feel actually sick.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    Options

The auras are terrible for survivors too lol. This isn't some "devs hate killers!!" conspiracy, this has been criticized all across the board.

• rodrigosilva
    rodrigosilva Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 0
    Options

Now it is symple impossible to see them, for both killers and survivors. I have seem too many people complaining about it on every single DbD group, and I guess all of us would be very happier if you rework on it.

• cyniChris
    cyniChris Member Posts: 207
    Options

If anything confirms the devs don't actually PLAY the game, it's this change.

You can barely see Trapper/Hag trap auras. This makes it more difficult to chase survivors into traps, because you can't see exactly where you've placed them without squinting at the screen. That's ridiculous.

From a distance, you can barely see ANY auras. Colourblind players are especially screwed here.

Ormond is now unplayable as killer. It's hard to see scratch marks outside to begin with, but the aura changes make it next to impossible to see anything at a distance. The map needs removing from the rotation until scratch marks and auras are fixed on it.

I would happily take bugs (lame excuse tbh - I've only seen a couple of aura bugs, and they were related to the character models themselves rather than the aura system) over this horrible aura change. It is universally hated by the community. Will the devs change it? Probably not. It was fine before. This is awful.

Oh, and what on EARTH is with the Entity aura from the killer's perspective?

Seriously? Why is this a thing? It is 100% unnecessary.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,211
    Options

having 100 thread on it not go make them fix it any faster sadly.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

They're really bad. I can hardly see gens. I mean, they're just SUPER dim and are definitely harder to use than the old auras. Was that the intention?

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

Now BBQ and ANC seem nerfed with these new almost transparent auras.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

I only played survivor last night and the aura readings (with the Aura reading perks I use, namely Bond and Alert) was ridiculous, and even worse when someone got downed, it was near impossible to tell where they were exactly.. no need to run Knockout since survivors won't even be able to see where you're downed anyway!

And today I tried a killer game... Generators are super hard to see, and Barbecue reading is near useless now.

Seriously who thought this was a good change? Did this even get tested anywhere? We just came out of a PTB, that would have been the place to test this out before releasing it onto the live server! The hell dude?!

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,935
    Options

Just my hunch but i don't think the aura looking like that is intentional, they reworked it but something went wrong and we got a buggy version.

• purplejelly
    purplejelly Member Posts: 2
    Options

The new changes are a good idea but bad execution. I’ve played as survivor and killer with the new changes. These changes are very frustrating. As some one who uses kindred a lot i have found that it is very hard to see the killer. You almost have squint to see him. The yellow auras suck but the red auras are much worse. I’ve played with bond. It wasn’t horrible but it wasn’t great either. Half of the time the survivor will only glow partly as they walk past stuff. Plus the farther away it’s almost impossible to see any thing on the large map. I think idea is great. I think that you guys just went a bit to strong.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

God, the Exit gate auras is near impossible to see. I was right next to one and could hardly see it even if I knew it was right there.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

As someone who'll rarely chime in publicly on something, this is a problem that warrants it.

The new auras are TERRIBLE. And that's from playing both sides. I play half my games as a survivor (with one friend as a 2-man SWF), and the other half as killer. I'm not color-blind -- and I feel awful for the players of the game who are with this "improvement" -- but I might as well be blind with the new aura change. I run Empathy on a lot of my survivor builds, and seeing injured teammates was a nightmare for almost four hours of gameplay last night. People on hooks? Even that was a challenge, depending on their distance from me. Killer auras if someone was running Kindred? Worthless.

Playing as Killer wasn't much better. Tried a round as the Trapper, and as others have said, that was a new definition of "fun". Running Nurse's on most of my builds? Yep -- more "fun". BBQ? Not everyone is hiding close to me every hook, are they? Even my generators and hooks were difficult to see, and that's supposed to be one of the killer's advantages.

I'm an older player, and I'm not the target audience for the game age-wise, I'm guessing. I don't have the eyesight I did as a teenager. For me, the auras look like every survivor is some version of Slender Man, and it makes the game far less playable than it was prior. As other people have said in this thread already, with ALL of the problems, bugs, and issues the game has, that the developers decided THIS was something that needed their time and attention to work on -- only to turn something that seemingly no one had issues with into something that now so many people do -- is a mind-boggling miscalculation and waste of their resources, when, as the saying goes, there are far bigger fish they should have been frying.

My two cents only. Your experience may vary, though by the looks here, I'm not alone in thinking this way. And as someone who rarely speaks up, I wonder how many other people who don't post on here but play the game -- and my assumption would be that they would represent the majority of players -- dislike this as well, and how many of them will throw their hands up and say "I'll find another game to play" when new issues like this are created for players instead of the constantly broken issues (some having existed for months or longer) being fixed instead.

• Paces007
    Paces007 Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2020
    Options

The new auras look cooler don't get me wrong, but they make 99% of all aura perks completely ######### useless, i can't even tell where HOOKS are when playing Freddy or on a map with a fog offering, can you bring the old auras back? Sometimes old is better thats the case right here. And don't even get me started on bond or aftercare, when a survivor is not breathing on your neck, their aura is basically non-existent. Oh yeah, BBQ and Chilli, with Aftercare or Bond, at least the auras are a bright yellow color, but with BBQ, you can't tell if its a gen or a survivor.

• FablPlayz
    FablPlayz Member Posts: 169
    Options

Just a quick question what do you think of the new auras?

I think they look trash if i put it simple

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options

The aura reading has been screwed. Can this please be fixed, you can barley see aura when you are using aura reading add ons, perks etc

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545
    Options

They're harder to spot, almost so that if a survivor is down it's very easy to overlook and not know where. This could be problematic for people who have issues with various sight ailments.

When using Bond or Empathy, I find them easy to spot, as before.

They need some adjustments to make them clearer when red in colour. Whether this change is a precursor for the graphical updates or not I'm uncertain. Maybe they'll suit better once other changes have gone through. However, currently they don't work as well.

• madminer95
    madminer95 Member Posts: 151
    Options

information and thus aura's are important in this game, in they're current state aura's are mostly useless making many aspects of the game (ranging from perks to addon's to killer ability's) unusable or at the very least heavily nerfed

• Sciffer
    Sciffer Member Posts: 41
    Options

The title is loud and it needs to be. If devs reading this, which I hope you do. I am throwing this thread in there just so it's obvious just how bad this change is.

Forget about balance, forget about swf complains, tunneling, camping, ds, lag, matchmaking, forget about literally everything because this is by far the biggest issue with a game right now. The auras are not just a change that people are unwilling to adapt to or accept, it's one of the worst things I ever seen come as update anywhere.

You literally can't see auras on some cloudier maps or in dream world against freddy. This is the type of thing that can cost player base, it has to be reverted or reworked.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,906
    Options

This. The auras are trash. I can't see anyone when I use BB&C and totems are pretty much invisible as well.

• Thomas_Simpleton
    Thomas_Simpleton Member Posts: 15
    Options

I don't even know why they changed them, it it aint broke dont fix it.