New aura system

12345679»

Comments

• Konnvict
    Konnvict Member Posts: 1

So, you got everyone here complaining about how hard it is to see the aura's, imagine how difficult it is for a color-blind person. Hooked survivors are essentially impossible for me to see. Won't even be playing anymore...

• The_architect
    The_architect Member Posts: 120

i rather have old auras because these suck. i'm blind enough this is a dumb change

• EddyWarden
    EddyWarden Member Posts: 12

Well thats Tinkerer. The Gen explodes and espands even more..

I´m shaking my head. How can this happen? Is it like "Yo M. how do you like the new Auras?" "Oh jeah, pretty good job so far"

I mean for real guys? Its awful to play. I am affraid to play totem Spirit because i cant even see my own Totems. On the positiv Site. you f... u... both sides. Killer and Survivor.

• Nightmarauder1
    Nightmarauder1 Member Posts: 3

The new aura's look horrible!! They are barely visible. I'm hurting my eyes squinting to try to see them. I loved running kindred and dark sense and this new update just made playing the game a lot less fun. Please change them back!!

• TDR
    TDR Member Posts: 30

I don't see the trap behind my trapper. How should I play? On Ormond I don't even see hooks...

The new auras are very bad at the moment..

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

nice to repost it so people know but people like a time window i think.

• Smeagolthevile
    Smeagolthevile Member Posts: 175

As a player who already has very bad eyesight, these are near impossible to see, and since the devs outright refuse to put in any kind of accessibility options, this has cut off a large portion of the game and the perks I used to use, from being usable.

• Manky
    Manky Member Posts: 192

dont fix what aint broke or this stuff happens lmao

• ingridves
    ingridves Member Posts: 8

I barely can find the trapper's traps on the map lol. In ormond I just find them randomly cuz i cant see them. Its horrible. I feel weird seeing the auras like that, it feels like im without glasses lol

• Manky
    Manky Member Posts: 192

I played against a trapper on ormond recently. I managed to get trapped only once. He complained about not finding any traps throughout the whole game kinda sucks for him. He also revealed that I stepped in the only trap he placed in the whole game so yeah im a potato

• Skysair
    Skysair Member Posts: 88

First day of the new auras, which was the day of the update - I couldn't win games for #########.

The next day, I started to rely less on the auras and use my experience to guess where the survivors were, correctly most of the time.

I was also watching a friend play Demopuppy, and when he placed the buttholes - holy Batman, they are so bright!

Please make the auras bright like the Demo's buttholes, and I think a lot of people will be much more satisfied with the new auras.

We just want to be able to see the auras, not squint and get headaches from trying to get information while in the game.

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413

Holy #########...... I go to play a game for the first time in weeks and I can't see #########.....

How does something this bad make it into a live update without someone going "Oh #########, this looks really bad and we should fix it"

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

i understand their intent wasn't to completely change them, but why are they STILL the way they are..?

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 918

IMHO the worst part is it SEEMS (Not 100% on this but it feels like it) auras are no longer rendered if you have a LOS on the object, no matter the distance.

This is really, really dumb because it makes stuff like Trapper's traps, hag's traps, generators, exit gate switches, etc. simply refuse to render even though they're on the other side of the map and they'd show up in the old aura system.

• BodamEscapePlan
    BodamEscapePlan Member Posts: 75
    edited August 2020

I just played a match on The Game for the first time as Trapper on PS4. I literally couldn't see ANY of my traps, nevermind being able to see auras after I hooked someone with BBQ. My god... this is unplayable right now.

All I know is, the recent developers that have come on are completely running this game into the ground. I have spent hundreds of dollars on this game and I have never felt so disrespected by the developers of a game. This is an absolute joke! Who asked for this change? Why are the developers ruining this game more and more? They NEED to speak up. The time is now. I'm not spending another dollar on this game until this is patched and I hope the rest of you will join me in that promise to the developers.

EDIT: Glad to see they said SOMETHING but how long will it take for this to be fixed and actually go live? I'm so glad I didn't buy the Rift Pass like I planned to.

Post edited by BodamEscapePlan on
  • NekoGamerX

this need to be fixed sooner then next week survivors are playing map offering that they know aura are the worst on.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

To those asking why they had to change the auras, here’s their explanation...

Q: Why change the auras?

The auras were the source of quite a few technical headaches. The rework of the aura system was intended to give our programming teams cleaner code and a more stable aura system. Unfortunately, this had some unintended side effects on visibility. We heard your feedback and are working to improve their visibility. We will have a temporary fix in place shortly as we continue to work on a more permanent solution.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/177703/community-4-1-0-q-a#latest

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858
    edited August 2020

How many times have the devs changed something in this game that had 'unintended' consequences for killers, then they just left it like that forever. Removing ruin - they threw us a bone by adding 8 seconds to cooperative gen speeds; Changing the way hit boxes determine successful swings - no fix yet on the weird auto aim forcing you to miss; Patch 3.0.0 breaking interruptions - almost a year later and no fix; dealing with the lag from dedicated servers, which everyone had to deal with, survivors included.

I haven't played in about 3 weeks, and coming back to this just makes me wonder why I even logged back in. I don't think I can take another issue with killer like this.

• Samaki
    Samaki Member Posts: 1

100% Agreed

It's even harder to see people far away on a hook and takes time to look around for them. Either change em back or make them more brighter.

• VIle
    VIle Member Posts: 167

Why is there no colour blind options? Just seems like a right up dick move.

• Stormhaven13
    Stormhaven13 Member Posts: 48

Another thing that I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but I can no longer see my hex totems unless I'm really close to them. Given that this rift is all about the Hag and her hex totems... It's pretty bad. I'm normally one of the people calling for patience, but if this doesn't get fixed, and I mean fully fixed, soon, things are gonna get bad. This kills anything to do with auras.

• HoeLeeFuk
    HoeLeeFuk Member Posts: 2

I think we all agree that perks that read auras are now completely useless. I don't use any of the aura reading perks anymore for the obvious fact. On maps like Ormond & Red Forest when you're in a dream with Freddy...... a total mess; they're not even rendered. Some of my teammates complained that they didn't save me because they couldn't see my aura, I was in the corner of the map where all gens were popped. So yeah it is a sad world. If devs would bring them back, the game would make more sense. Please just bring the old aura back. That's all.

• RalfBehalf
    RalfBehalf Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2020

We wouldn't do that, because if auras are very bad on your end or at specific map it's very bad on our end too, we can't save someone from the hook

• NekoGamerX
    edited August 2020

well out of 9 matches 5 played ormond offering and 1 play Dead Dawg Saloon which i find hard to see on too

Post edited by NekoGamerX on
  • RalfBehalf

It's been a week right? Can we get an ETA now pls?

• RalfBehalf

Damn i guess its just me then, my eyes hurts when playing survivor, can't imagine playing a killer

• NekoGamerX

no auras are broken

well i play both it hard on killer but for survivor it hard to see downed teammate or them on hook but they still play tho maps.

• Hlidskialf
    Hlidskialf Member Posts: 58

Thanks BHVR, i still think we should get options to change colors, saturation, opacity and brightness.

• Hlidskialf
    Hlidskialf Member Posts: 58

They just updated the auras as you can see on my post above.

• Thomas_Simpleton
    Thomas_Simpleton Member Posts: 15

not broken, then new auras broke them, now they are better than before

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

Haven't been on the forums in a bit... just wanted to say thanks. These auras are 47382107489717236489723 times better.

Thanks for fixing this fast.

• RalfBehalf

They're the new auras not the old one, the new one wasn't supposed to act like they are transparent like the one we're complaining, so they fixed the bug