I installed the game 4 days ago, ######### MATCHMAKING???!!!!!!

Comments

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

I hate to say it, but this is my current conspiracy theory. Until the devs give us details on how MMR is calculated or un-hide the numbers, we have no way to prove if it's actually doing anything.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Nah, queue times would be faster on both sides if that were true, as is I've seen BOTH sides have longer queues since the new system. It's not working at all, I'm not pretending otherwise, but I don't think it's first come first served either.

• OkKiLLer
    OkKiLLer Member Posts: 118

Tbh ur probably right like wth. Most brown ranks would be destroyed by these players.

• hellocom7
    hellocom7 Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2020

Man everybody has one of two problems with this everybody knows its hella broken honestly these posts at this point are kinda useless because everybody knows

Post edited by hellocom7 on
  • Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

That's fake queue time.

You know "fresh car" perfume used to refurbish used cars to get the "new car" feeling? Or did you know that old style turn lights in cars made this typical sound mechanically because of the relais modules used, and that new cars don't make this sound anymore but have fake sounds implemented only because of not breaking the habits of having that sound?

I bet this is the same here. This is fake q time added so it feels normal

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

MMR doesn't even exists. I tried everything.

Over 20 billy games, over 15 Doc, LF. NOTHING worked.

Same as survivor, i'm getting new killers and survivors while my fake rating is high.

• Jakasd
    Jakasd Member Posts: 12

They are probably very good and the things I do make them laugh because I'm not at their "Level" so they play technically to annoy me

There is no rank to be toxic but it is always rank 1 - 4 in my case obv :/

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I’ve actually noticed the better ranked survivors seem to be more toxic. Better plays brings bigger pride I guess. Not everyone is like this. I just don’t get as much Tbagging and flashlight clicking with the less rankly survivors.

• SirBDog
    SirBDog Member Posts: 31
  • Jakasd
  • Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
  • Powerz924
    Powerz924 Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2020

Thanks for your reply. But i guess you didn't get my point of complaint. I am not pro, and did not want to be pro; I simply don't have the time and effort required to practice more or 'learn' how to be the top player. I want some easy chill games after work or before bed just like a casual player. The old system (before new MMR) seemed more accurate matching with my skill set as I was paired with green or purples which sometimes gives me a thrill but not the stress (if you know what I meant), my killer rank goes up and down between yellow and green - in which I'm not good but enjoy the fun from this game. Even if I did 3k in some games, I ALWAYS gave the hatch for survivors to have extra blood points.  I never mock, never talk sXXt in chats, always be polite and respectful. 

But since I forced to compete against red ranks or red SWFs like you said 'appropriately matched'. I was clearly not skilled, and you know why I could get 3k from that screenshot I posted? - I tried very hard in this game but couldn't slow down the gens, or kill survs, so when the exit gate was about to open (3 lights on), these red ranks danced around me, t-bagging, intentionally run into me, and then I got the luck to slug 2 of them. so waht i was called after the game? fag, bad, learn how to play, even racist comment sometimes. If that's you called 'appropriately', then i don't see any point for me to continue playing this game. 

• Powerz924
    Powerz924 Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2020

Now the next question is that since most of us casual players have already purchased rift, how will we do all those challenges if every match is against much higher ranked players???? 

Devs, you must think of casual players as it's a large client base of this game - spending money on rifts, skins, dlcs. 

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

You have to realize how flawed the ranking system is. People can derank for doing really well and rank up for not doing practically anything. I'm telling you, the moment you stop trying to view these ranks as a basis for skill, the better off you'll be.

• alma41
    alma41 Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2020

I know there are tons of these posted, but this one had me do a double take.

Post edited by alma41 on
  • Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

Well I guess we won’t see them again. Discourage is the word. Lol

• Jakasd

I do not see them as an obstacle or block me "Mentally" I always try to play the best I can simply if they have been 2 - 3 years and I 3 months, obviously they are going to beat me again and again and again without stopping because I do not know the I play like them

The problem is that simply as much as I do my best I will not be able to win and it is not fair that I lose all my games of the day against people who should not play

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

The developers need to address this immediately. Those survivors would have felt absolutely hopeless. They had no time to figure anything out. They have no perks. They may not even know how to break out of madness.

• Huff

You see, that's simply not true. Somebody with a few months of experience can still beat somebody with 2-3 years. DbD allows a player to heavily turn the game in their favor through the use of items, offerings, and perks. On top of that, time played does not equal skill in a 1:1 ratio. Just because somebody has more time doesn't mean every situation like that the person with more time wins. Some people are slow learners, or just aren't that good in general. I for one am not afraid to admit that I've had the game for more than a year and while I wouldn't call myself terrible, I'd still say I'm pretty bad generally. There's bound to be plenty of people newer to the game that are much better than I am, and would therefore win in a theoretical match/battle/whatever you want to call it.

So no, just because it's 3 months vs. 2-3 years doesn't mean every match is going to just be you getting stomped out. Perhaps on average people that play longer are going to be better, but like I said that doesn't automatically mean that more time = more skill.

Also, I find it very weird that you say "it is not fair that I lose all my games of the day against people who should not play."

• Huff

You mean because you can't actually come up with a counterpoint? I wouldn't be surprised, it's not like a lot of people that reply to me trying to argue things end up having much critical thinking skill.

You're either just unwilling to have your mind changed, you're illiterate, or you're just terrible at the English language. In any case, I won't take your little girl attitude very seriously.

• Ready
    Ready Member Posts: 12

pretty much im almost 2 weeks into this game with level 1 killers i dont have problems killing even red ranked players i tend to let people win at end but i get my hooks in and knock them down a lot chas points breaking pallets and gens etc but give them the win instead of hooking them 3 times for kill my killer rank is now r17 and that is using LEVEL 1 killers killers are easy to play even without perks when you add perks it makes it a whole lot easier even impossible to win if using the right perks but as a surviver before new rank system i made it to r13 and now i am bouncing back and forth between r13 and r14 keep getting r1 killers who just desomate all survivers in minutes we dont even get the chance to build up enuff points to safty pip and team is dead you devs did an amazing job at mmr go back to your old system and stop touching stuff that you ASSUME will work properly i have bought my rift pass and all of the DLCs and now im actually extremely disappointed i bought them because i enjoyed the game and since this new match making system i wish i had not spent a red cent on any of your dlcs or rift progress its disgusting

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400

Fair enough. But that happens at all ranking honestly. Its just that it happens more often at red ranks because they think they are the best. During this mmr system I have been playing vs a lot of people between rank 20-10 and besides the entirely new players at nearly any ranking there have been people like. Had plenty of green/yellow rankers that thought they could "bully" the killer before realising that the new mmr system put them vs a red ranker that was just being nice because they had low hours in the game.

The slurs at the end of chat is very very rare that it gets that bad. Report them, say GG and just move on. Or mute the chat.

And not to argue in favour of the system or anything here but you have clearly been having a lot of success on hag. But just not playing the game enough to "rise" in rank. If you can compete with red rankers then ofc you should be playing red rankers. Its not fair for the green/yellow rankers to meet you and get stomped. You dont wanna be "pro"? Thats not what the system is about, the system is about fair matches (or at least thats the idea). And while you might get stomped in some games (and unless you then get a lucky "come back" because the survivors acted dumb) it would then give you easier matches the next time.

So yeah there will always be rude people but you were never meant to play against as low ranks as you were playing against. You should at least have been playing against purple ranks is all I can tell from those results. If you want easier chill matches. Then just play how you want and chill. If you "sweat" to win then it will attempt to give you harder matches. Thats at least my understanding.

• alma41

Title edited in the hopes someone from BHVR takes a look at it.

• AgitatedPenguin
    AgitatedPenguin Member Posts: 93

It is definitely really bad matchmaking. It's gotten to the point where it's actually boring now, I think out of all the games I've done since the rift has started, I've enjoyed about 2 games as killer and I've had about 2-3 games as survivor where I've actually had to try.

If nothing is done soon, I think the game my be dying as new players won't want to be immediately destroyed by experienced players and the veteran players will just be bored not being able to get good games.

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400

Hmm weird after the first few games on each killer I have been steadily getting better and better games.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

It's disorienting going from full rank 20 lobbies into 4 stack red rank SWFs.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

Hahaha I wish that was true.

It is a funny one but unfortunately either me or bhvr is bad at math.

Cause me rank 1 together with 3 grey ranks vs a grey or red rank killers means something is definitely wrong in the calculation 😂

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

By not saying anything, we don't even know if there's even a system in place. There's no feedback. Nothing confirms that there's a system. They could as well just disabled matchmaking so that it matches the first available players together for quickest queues and then call that a MMR system. We wouldn't know.

BHVR's hurting themselves by not conveying information.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 955

I'm starting to wonder if there's a calculation of how many posts are in the forums about MMR, equivalent to how many actually check to see the forums already asking the same question in the forums countless of times before the realization there are more posts about the same subject than there will ever be answers about MMR 😖🤦‍♂️

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

When I with my 3k hrs of experience still get killers who vault windows of LT walls all the time, after I played about 80-100 matches since the release, something is wrong. It isn't even fun anymore to loop baby killers for eternity because they don't know how to chase properly.

• Vorg101
    Vorg101 Member Posts: 20

Stop QQing and git gud in this game.. after few matches your MMR will improve.. Now the game is more balance and challenging.. JUST GIT GUD STOP THE DRAMA

• Yuki
    Yuki Member Posts: 59

MM is horrible! In the last days I played survivor and every time I played against a killer of rank 1-3, I being a rank 13 survivor. My teammates have ranks between 20 si 12 and yet it gave us against a rank 1 killer. All matches went horrible and didn't last more than 3-4 minutes. This game is no longer fun, it's a waste of time.

• Canen
    Canen Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2020

I'm seeing exactly the sort of thing that's been posted above - groups of rank 19 and 20 survivors with rank 1 prestiged killers, and then vice versa. it's not every game, but let's say as a ratio that for every five games I play as a survivor, one comes up with an average rank close to my own. The other four are the types of bullshit seen above.

The quality of the games varies - some are good (in spite of, rather than because of, MM) but the overwhelming majority are unbalanced and poor.

• TreSen
    TreSen Member Posts: 186

Matchmaking is in a bad place right now but in general you probably want to play survivor for a bit first before trying killer. At least until you have the core gameplay loop down.

• Jakasd

I just laugh because what you say seems to me so little sense, something like my English HAHA. The matchmaking is bad END.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

I’d bet money there is no MMR system. I have played over 100 games. I still get Rank 20 killers who don’t know what to do at a loop, how to swing, or even how to kick a gen. About 10% games have been vs. red rank killers. About 25% are against rank 15-20 with awful perks.

I created a new account. Very first game:

Survivors - Rank 1, Rank 2, Rank 19, me (Rank 20)

killer: Rank 1

This is just open matchmaking. That’s why we still have ranks. If we had a real MMR system, there would be a new tier system (think Rainbow Six). Imagine playing Rainbow Six and hearing “there’s a secret MMR that you can’t see and we can’t tell you what makes you progress/regress and we can’t tell you what league you’re in because secrets”

when people say “well I’ve played more and it seems better” that’s inaccurate. You’re looking for that. If you play more, of course you’ll get more games that “look normal.“. It’s just RNG. But now bhvr can say they made matchmaking really fast 💩

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    edited August 2020

Yup. They’re either moving these threads or outright deleting them (I had several saved that are completely gone now)

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202

What Matchmaking? Can't question something you can't see ... 😑

• alma41
    edited August 2020

*Edited apologies

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

I did a match last night with a rank 16 killer, and teammates 15 through 18. I'm rank 1. I just shook my head.

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202

I wouldn't trust Steam charts, It doesn't really show if a game retains players. The game constantly goes on sale or free for a weekend so those stats can get skewed heavily.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

I have 1500 hours on main account, just played as Hag for lolz because I saw their steam profiles each had between 1-3hrs played. They would get hit, run for 1 second and hide behind a tree thinking I would lose them.

Devs should be ashamed of what they have done, this is unacceptable and no amount of "calculating MMR" excuses it

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

Sad thing is, the killers can usually tell when they're going against low rank survivors, and all they see is an easy match that they can end quickly leaving survivors with very few points and a miserable match.

Same with some survivors. I'm rank 1 with a lot experience in the game, and I can tell when I'm up against a rookie killer. Sometimes I get my points and leave. Sometimes I'll give the killer some points, and possibly a kill. Depends on how the match went. Majority of survivors just leave and the killer is left with very little bp and a miserable match.

• the_duck27
    the_duck27 Member Posts: 1

I have played numerous matches since the new matchmaking changes and I'm a rank 16 survivor and rank 17 killer. No matter what side I play, survivor or killer, I'm in a lobby with rank 5s or lower. The patch notes said that it depends on your skill with whichever killer you play, I tested that out and played as demogorgon, who I've never played as before. I was still matched against people way above my skill level. Please change back to the old system for now until a better one can be implemented.

• BlazePyron2
    BlazePyron2 Member Posts: 145

I came back to the game after rage-uninstalling a couple weeks ago now that matchmaking "changed"

I decided to play trapper cause I figure the default killer mmr is probably pretty high, and trapper is fairly weak (especially considering he's only level 28 for me) so I'll have to lose a few games with him anyway to get the mmr down to a level I can play him and have fun.

I instantly could tell that it matched me with reds, it's so easy to tell from chasing someone what rank they are. rank may not equal skill (it does) but it equals map awareness and these dudes were looping me endlessly.

Ended game with no kills and one hook. as I suspected, three red ranks and their rank 16 friend (I'm also rank 16 lol).

The default mmr should be much, much lower. Make people rank up their mmr, don't make people who are already bad at the game feel like ######### for 10+ matches. I can't imagine what someone's first ten games as killer would be if my fresh killer game was with 3 reds who literally ran circles around me.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

Tbh i'm kinda tired all these days getting low rank killers and blasting new survivors as killer.

Old matchmaking was better than this bs.

Still waiting response from the devs.

• ArtCrusade
    ArtCrusade Member Posts: 30

I made this thread back in May. It was so ######### obvious this would be a massive fail. I dont enjoy playing killer at the moment because I keep getting rank 20s and it feels horrible to kill the poor babies. On the other hand, I hate playing survivor as well because I keep getting baby killers also. Honestly, if I didn't know how good this game CAN be, I wouldn't even be writing this. I'm a long-time fan and supporter of the game after all. Just REVERSE the changes and go back to the drawing board, because at this rate you won't have a playerbase to begin with.