I installed the game 4 days ago, ######### MATCHMAKING???!!!!!!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Sinister0208
    Sinister0208 Member Posts: 253
    Options

This here to stay.

Mods have said that they are looking into addressing the low rank vs rank issue for new players.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Old matchmaking was basicly the same as this. Low rank vs high ranks? Yes, happend before as well.

The problem with both system is that devs prioritize lobby times over match balance. But they do with both systems, so they work out the same in this regard.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

And what exactly is the difference to old matchmaking? as a rank 14 killer, i got red rank swf all the time. Doesn´t seem like better matchmaking to me.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

I'm sorry but I should not be getting matched with someone who has one hour play time. I felt so bad I stayed and played with him, because he told me it was his third match, which we lost, of course.

• ArtCrusade
    ArtCrusade Member Posts: 30
    edited August 2020
    Options

Old matchmaking at least TRIED to put you into a match with opponents of similiar rank. Anything is better than what we have right ######### now.

If they had added like a shadow-MMR that'd prevent people who derank on purpose from being matched with weaker killers and vice-versa, that'd have been fine. They made a broken system even worse.

• Ready
    Ready Member Posts: 12
    Options

your right and a lot of new players already quit playing due to new match making system and others that have been playing have put the game down as well wonder how much money they are willing to lose before they put match making back till they find an alternative match making system because current setup blows id rather have a 30 minute que time between games then to be paired up with players way out of my leauge above or below my current skill lvl

• Powerz924
    Powerz924 Member Posts: 11
    Options

day 4, still the same. first time as Demogorgon. matching me with all reds.

• IsJustMe
    IsJustMe Member Posts: 436
    Options

Maybe today is the day that we :

A) Get Info

B) Reactivate the old Matchmaking

or C) we get the Fixed MMR

Anyway what ... just something 🤨

• nightmare8923
    nightmare8923 Member Posts: 5
    Options

So these are the Survivor Ranks after 10 matches. I mainly play survivor. I finally bought the Clown and wanted to play him. I'm just trying to play a few rounds, maybe have a beer and relax. I'm not trying to bust into song and be like "I want to be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is my real test, to hook them is my cause!"

There needs to be some sort of ranked match system for those who want to hone their skills and push themselves to be the best but there also needs to be some sort of an unranked system for those who wanna just chill, not put too much thought into playing and just want to have a fun time before they head to bed for the night. Then again, Ranked players might abuse the Unranked players by selecting Unranked... I think the more times I d/c'd it maybe started to balance it out, idk I only did 10 screen-shotted matches before writing my frustrations. I'll do 10 or 20 more later and submit my findings for you all to view.

I understand that you cannot please everyone and that you are trying to decrease the wait time but please, there must be a more logical way. I'm totally not into the whole "Purge" match making system right now. Please bring back balance to the force!

• wtfbbqboy
    wtfbbqboy Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2020
    Options

That and high rank survivors and killers who aren't toxic ######### are going to get sick of playing against babies or if the MMR actually works sweaty boys. They stop playing...and your left with the toxic #########🤔.

Also the longer this goes on more non-red rank killers are going to stop playing....resulting in more ######### games for survivors who then quit leaving an even smaller player base for the matchmaking system to work with...and so on and so on

My first killer game in a year btw....🤡

• Jakasd
    Jakasd Member Posts: 12
    Options

It is something curious but I have not had toxic killers, if I have played with ranks 1 that beat us in 2 seconds, but if they are toxic, they are not

That's why I always refer to survivors, I've seen them hundreds of times

• br3edage
    br3edage Member Posts: 4
    Options

It's obvious they don't give a dam. They dam well know how messed up the ranks are. "3 million matches analyzed" eh ? care to share that data BHVR ? Where in those 3 million matches did it show people with 5000 hours say that it was good to play against day 1 lvl 20 killer players ?

They Didnt fix matchmaking. they got rid of it. Theres such a huge gap between the number of red rank survivors and red rank killers (ATLEAST 10x the amount of survivors compared to killers) . They got tired of the babies complaining about 45 min queue times so they just match them with the first available killer.

On my main account I purposely hit 0 players and lost 200 games in a row. Was still getting matched against Full SWF red rank teams.

If you want them to start listening to us, you need to stop buying expansions and skins. Then their Community managers will be forced to do their job and help get this stuff fixed.

Community: Matchmaking sucks.

BHVR: Lets waste bug fixing time on a killer that was already nerfed to the ground. Lets keep pretending like matchmaking will eventually even out so they think that theres actually a matchmaking system in place still.

• cwtfern
    cwtfern Member Posts: 136
    Options

The MMR is garbage. Already encountered a few incensed players vowing to uninstall in the post-game chat when they see the ranks.

It's supposedly been working "behind the scenes" for a few months now. Either that was a total lie, or it wasn't working as intended, because I have been playing at red ranks that entire time and I am still paired with rank 20's every other game.

No matter how much information the MMR gathers on active players, it still doesn't seem to account for the new players whose MMR has not yet been determined and doesn't make any effort to place them. If it can't find perfect fits for the killer's MMR, it just grabs the next random low rank in queue to fill out the lobby.

There needs to be some kind of failsafe in place, perhaps determined by hours played, that prevents a survivor who is playing their first game of DBD ever from going against a rank 1 Nurse with 3k hours.

• Powerz924
    Powerz924 Member Posts: 11
    Options

great news guys, https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1293543899286458370 new MMR has been turned off :)

• raquelambersantiago
    raquelambersantiago Member Posts: 373
    Options

The way im seeing this consistantly is they just want you to play they way they want you to play rather than leaving it as a game.