Dear BHVR, now more than ever survivors need a nerf.

Options

Ever since crossplay has been added to dead by daylight the game has gotten so incredibly un-fun. I haven't been able to play a single game without getting bullied and getting zero kills because I'm going up against a four man swf on comp. I play console and matches were fine before this. And it would be a different story if you could turn it off and on but the option to do this doesn't work! So I'm stuck getting legacy survivors that have 10,000 hours in the game and do five gens in less than 3 minuets. Please remove the computer side of crossplay as it makes games for console players unwinnable and makes the game unbalanced.

Comments

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

I agree but the only thing that really needs to be changed is SWF, surivors in solo mode is fine and as a player on both sides i don't feel that something is wrong there

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options

I say just implement a check box for the platform that you're willing to cross-play with.

However, I'm guessing the devs goal is to not divide the community in order to have faster match making queue

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    edited August 2020
    Options

Wrong. I'm tosting survivors more than ever. You can turn off cross play by going into options from the main menu though. The reason you're having a problem is because there are different metas for different platforms

•  Antares2332
    Options
  • Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

1. It lasts only 2 minutes each game at most, I'm sure a competent killer can ignore survivors 2 mins each in a trial without much effort.

2. Playing fair is not the intended counter to DS, there is nothing wrong with DS activating even if a killer "plays fair".

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

Why? More design restrictions will just make it harder to balance.

•  Antares2332
    Options

"design restrictions"

The function of that perk should be changed for an anti-tunnel benefit. That's the goal of that perk. Needs a change.

Do you think the DS is fine..?

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

I think added design restrictions would lead to more people being angry than before.

•  Antares2332
    Options

Could you define exactly what you mean by "design restrictions"?

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862
    Options

what survivors need is more mechanics cuz the gameplay gets old , not nerfs

also i play solo and trust me its not easy 85% of the time

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862
    Options

as a matter of fact you can turn it off and it works just fine, you gotta do it from the menu screen, like the general one where you choose which role youre gonna play, it doesnt let you change it if you already choose a role

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,027
    Options

I think it may just be your skill.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,972
    Options

I've gotten pretty much nothing but 4ks and move from rank 17 to rank 8 in literally a matter of days, get nothing but 3ks and 4ks.

I think it's time to evaluate your own ability level

• dragos26
    dragos26 Member Posts: 10
    Options

i play both sides , only 3-4k games ,and mostly die when playing survivor ,killer rank 3 now , please learn to play ...

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

I honestly feel that your either talking out of your ass, or you just don't have enough killer expirence to understand how BS DS is

• Human_Giraffe
    Human_Giraffe Member Posts: 123
    Options

Pal, I know how to play, and don't try to flex your rank on me I've been rank 1 for almost 2 months now. It's the fact that genspeed is still an issue even with toolboxes nerfed. If you need to run a perk because otherwise you have at least a fighting chance than your game isn't balanced. I should be able to play without perks on any killer and be able to win without needing pop goes the weasel so gens don't fly away in 2 minuets. Also, the killers that I play aren't what you would call balanced. I main The Wraith and play killers like Legion, Clown, and Trapper the most.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285
    Options
  • MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

I agree with everything but the "strong-ish" loop part. If the killer is forced to vault the window, it's not "-ish".

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

No, survivors are fine.

• Opex
    Opex Member Posts: 263
    Options

I totally have to agree on that one.

I don't even understand why this discussion even have to exist people can just turn off cross-play any time they want.

• Flawless_
    Flawless_ Member Posts: 320
    Options

Nice b8 m8

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 896
    Options

I hate to tell you this but you probably go against more swf on console than computer. I've been watching and playing the game for nearly 3 years now. There are solo players at high rank that regularly play 'coordinated' with other solo players because they have the experience and don't care about dying so they take protection hits, distract, swarm the hook for a save, flashlight save, loop with OoO and heal each other up in a split second all without saying a word. The only sure way to know you're facing a SWF is to ask them or have played them before. Players with 1,000s of hours in the game are going to run into each other and many are friends although you can gamble that they are SWF if they are on each other's list and definitely if you queue up with them more than once. The problem as I see it with this game is that 4 highly experienced survivors will give 1 highly experienced killer a run for their money nearly every time. I play on console and PC and I do agree that PC players at higher ranks both killers and survivors tend to have played this game much longer and thus are more experienced on the whole. You may want to turn off crossplay and sink some more hours into the game.

• Nilexion
    Nilexion Member Posts: 25
    Options

Why would survivors need a nerf? They lose the majority of the games. Unless you have been playing for a year and are still a rank 20 facing new players then there's no reason to nerf survivors

• Human_Giraffe
    Options

Yeah sorry about this entire post, most times when I post it's because I got absolutely dunked on by a sweaty group of survivors, most times it's not even a SWF. Sorry if I did offend you in any way, I know that this game used to be incredibly unbalanced for killer and we currently pretty much have a cakewalk every match compared to what matches used to be. I have anger issues and sometimes it can be really hard to control them. This being said I do think that SWF does need a nerf, I understand that thinking of a way to do this is next to impossible because the number one strength of SWF, comms, you guys have no control of and can't do anything about it. So I'm sorry if while you were reading this you were thinking that the person that wrote this incredibly entitled and toxic because I'm not, or at least try not to be. I love this game so darn much and every single person who has ever helped design it, you guys are amazing game devs. While I'm replying to you, and I'm really really sorry if this seems like a jerk move, I would like to just like to say that you should add a login system to DbD where you have one overarching BHVR account which you can link to this account that saves all of your killers, cosmetics, teachables, and matchmaking info in the cloud so no matter if you have it for switch and PC you can keep everything you had on Switch and transfer it to console without spending another hundred dollars. Sorry if this entire comment seems entitled and like I think I'm the center of the universe and everything revolves around me, I just didn't know if I'd ever get to talk to a dev again and wanted to share that idea with you. Have a lovely day.

• Human_Giraffe
    Options

Disisive Strike, after you're unhooked, for 40/50/60 seconds of you get grabbed a skill check appears, hitting the skill check will make you escape from the killer's grasp and stun the killer. Can only be used once.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

No, it’s not too fast. In fact the longer healing times has just encouraged rushing gens while injured.

If you have problems with survivors healing “too fast” then you have perks like Sloppy Butcher & Coulrophobia to deal with it.