Bump
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

bump

• Frawst
    Frawst Member Posts: 3
    Options

Colorblind options are very much needed. Got a friend of mine hooked on the game but he can't see scratch marks or auras as killer very well due to red/green color blindness. Colorblind options would be a great help.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    Bump
  • fcc2014
    Options

Bump

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

Does anybody know if the devs have said anything about this recently?

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

@Condorloco_26 said:
    Does anybody know if the devs have said anything about this recently?

nope i dont think they have but they might in the next Q&A

• Condorloco_26
    Options

I hope they'll address it soon. Finding gens and hooks in the new Yamaoka map is even harder than in Haddonfield or Autohaven.

• Doultime
    Doultime Member Posts: 82
    Options

BUMP

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    Options
    Colorblind mode would be amazing. I know a few people who struggle without it so I hope they do add this soon. 
  • chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Options
    I really wish they'd address this. 
  • fcc2014
    Options

@chemical_reject said:

They kind of did. It wasn't in the current plans but if we keep it alive who knows.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@fcc2014 said:

@chemical_reject said:

They kind of did. It wasn't in the current plans but if we keep it alive who knows.

Having the same 5 people bump a thread isn't going to help. Try getting actual data on how many colorblind people play the game; stuff that'll show them this isn't being requested by just 0.000001% of the players.

• fcc2014
    Options

@Orion said:

@fcc2014 said:

@chemical_reject said:

Having the same 5 people bump a thread isn't going to help. Try getting actual data on how many colorblind people play the game; stuff that'll show them this isn't being requested by just 0.000001% of the players.

Jesus Christ here we go. Yes people are bumping the thread but many individual users have commented on the thread. Please take your "helpful suggestions" somewhere else.

• Orion
    Options

@fcc2014 said:

@Orion said:

@fcc2014 said:

@chemical_reject said:

Jesus Christ here we go. Yes people are bumping the thread but many individual users have commented on the thread. Please take your "helpful suggestions" somewhere else.

I'm not surprised you're rejecting something that might actually help - you're only interested in doing enough to make sure you feel good about yourself, even if it doesn't help anyone.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    Orion said:

@fcc2014 said:

@chemical_reject said:

@Orion most of players basically ignore dbd forums, colorblind or not. I think there's nothing wrong with bumping the thread.
  • Orion
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    @Orion most of players basically ignore dbd forums, colorblind or not. I think there's nothing wrong with bumping the thread.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I'm just saying that it doesn't help much either. If you want a company to know that a feature is requested by a significant portion of its customers and potential customers, you don't create an echo chamber; you get data that shows them this is a highly requested feature.

• fcc2014
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Orion said:

I'm not surprised you're rejecting something that might actually help - you're only interested in doing enough to make sure you feel good about yourself, even if it doesn't help anyone.

Wow you apparently know me so well. On top of being a mathematician, a scientist, a pollster now we can add therapist to your list of achievements.

• fcc2014
    Options

@chemical_reject said:

I'd say a feature that SHOULD have been in the game from day one isn't somthing we should have to REQUEST. and anywho, everyone knows that @Orion is right about EVERYTHING and anyone who says otherwise is just a stupid survivor main. Gotcha. Now I can go back go ignoring u. 

Well read what i said on discord so you know how i really feel.

• POUNDYOUSILLY
    POUNDYOUSILLY Member Posts: 40
    Options
    Bump
  • POUNDYOUSILLY
    Options
    Orion said:

@fcc2014 said:

@chemical_reject said:

You can read about it online for yourself. Around 8.5% of the world population is colorblind. Most video games already have colorblind assist settings because they understand how crippling it is for us. 

With that being said. The lack of understanding and vague response from the dbd team is laughable.
  • Orion
    Options

@POUNDYOUSILLY said:
    You can read about it online for yourself. Around 8.5% of the world population is colorblind. Most video games already have colorblind assist settings because they understand how crippling it is for us. 

With that being said. The lack of understanding and vague response from the dbd team is laughable.

The issue is that not all of those people play the game. I share your sentiment - this is a simple UI change that shouldn't be put on the back burner since it's just as gamebreaking for the colorblind as any bug - but I doubt the devs will take action unless they can see, in actual terms, how big the demand is.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@Orion said:

@POUNDYOUSILLY said:

The issue is that not all of those people play the game. I share your sentiment - this is a simple UI change that shouldn't be put on the back burner since it's just as gamebreaking for the colorblind as any bug - but I doubt the devs will take action unless they can see, in actual terms, how big the demand is.

considering this post is the only i see on the front page with 7 or more pages of people talking and agreeing on one thing makes it big

• fcc2014
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

considering this post is the only i see on the front page with 7 or more pages of people talking and agreeing on one thing makes it big

That person is an egomaniac who only believes he is right about anything ignore him and just keep plugging away.

• Condorloco_26
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

Right on

• POUNDYOUSILLY
    Options
    Did I hear bump?
  • Condorloco_26
    Options

@DeathScavenger you should check this out

• AnotherRandy
    AnotherRandy Member Posts: 274
    Options

Why isn't this in the PTB??

• fcc2014
    Options

BUMP!!!

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Options
    @fcc2014 done! !!
  • ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options
    @fcc2014 Done.
  • POUNDYOUSILLY
    Options
    Done
  • fcc2014
    Options

Bump "Our hope will never die"!

• Condorloco_26
    Options

Did mine yesterday. Too bad I went for break dancing killer emotes instead.

Or did I?

• fcc2014
    Options

Worth it also!

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    Options
    Completed the survey. Wrote down Colour blind mode :chuffed: 
  • fcc2014
    Options

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    Completed the survey. Wrote down Colour blind mode :chuffed: 

Thank you! :)

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

did it

• fcc2014
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    did it

Thank you :)

• [Deleted User]
    Options

@fcc2014 Done, it's good to know you're thinking about me. :love:

• fcc2014
    Options

@Legacy_Zealot said:
    @fcc2014 Done, it's good to know you're thinking about me. :love:

Thank you. Figured you would want to help.

• bloodberri
    bloodberri Member Posts: 1
    Options

A colourblind Mode would definitely be appreciated.. I can never see any of the auras..

• fcc2014
    Options

@bloodberri said:
    A colourblind Mode would definitely be appreciated.. I can never see any of the auras..

See the above fill out the survey and when it asks what would you add or change use that opportunity.