BHVR, can we acknowledge fps on console is AWFUL since 4.1.0?

Options

Comments

• Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311
    Options

Can't wait to bump into stuff with 20 fps and thick mist in the next chapter! Truly going to be living up to the chapter's "madness" premise!

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 580
    Options

Not sure if it's relevant or been said already but you get really nice fps when you play on the tutorial.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Was thinking - if the glowy charms screw up the FPS do glowing totems screw it up too?

• FixDBDonPS4
    FixDBDonPS4 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Bump. Any increase fog offering destroys the killer fps, along with indoor maps and playing as certain killers like Demo or Doctor.

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793
    Options

When's 30 pages? This might be the longest thread on these forums

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Hahaha your memes just keep getting better and better. I totally heard Anakin's voice while reading this. Particularly the "don't make me ban you" line 😂

• darklinger
    darklinger Member Posts: 128
    Options

I think Devs have some plan for updates and fps especially 60 on consoles just doesn't include this plan. And they silent about it.

• thunderfly
    thunderfly Member Posts: 23
    Options

Whoah,. It's like Moses come down from the mountain!!! I just hope the news isn't like 40 more years of wandering the 30 fps desert before we can see those Preparation H smooth framerates on console...

• waffles4all
    waffles4all Member Posts: 39
    Options

and back to the front page we go

• oooK3NJ1ooo
    oooK3NJ1ooo Member Posts: 81
    Options

Push

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
    Options

Shhhh, don't give BHVR any ideas, they will blame the lack of optimization on hardware limitations lol

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Has anyone who got the rift got that wraith skin yet? It terrifies me for all the wrong reasons

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Yes,but i'm definetely not gonna use the head because i don't want to lose even more FPS lol

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,137
    Options

Honestly, if they just remove the fog or heavily reduce it, it would help a lot with the frames.

I know BHVR want easy solutions, I think simply disabling fog would be a way to go.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    Options

Oh yeah i mean they removed moon offerings because it screwed too much with the lighting.

Maybe they should do the same with fog offerings...make it a dev tweakable only thing like if they want a map to be slightly foggier then another its up to them not the player. Have it be a dev creative choice like if they want certain spots a little foggy ..instead of a player choice.

Also I plead again...fix the memory leak introduced with the stranger things chapter. @Devs

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,137
    Options

Can't wait for PC players to realise FPS issues and spam mist offerings and lerys offerings.

That'll be fun.

• Aneurysm
    Options

Yeah I'm not doing crossplay as killer with console in this state. Don't need to either with the queue times.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Options

Hows that going for ya? About the same queue times?

I have it still enabled bc im not really feeling a big difference against the survivors I face.

Mostly still potatoes. But I gotta deal with bad frames as killer and decent frames as survs so it feels the same cause i still get fps drops no matter the survivor I face.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760
    Options

This.

I played BF1 bad BFV for quite a long time, and they run pretty smoothly compared to DBD.

• Aneurysm
    Options

Queue times slightly longer, i.e. not instant anymore. But that's fine, with xplay on as survivor those queues are much quicker so it's a net win

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317
    Options

DBD's engine is garbage... Those games engine isn't... I guess the only fix for our problem is an engine change but that's impossible i guess...

I'm losing hope here

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Options

Oh then in a way. That is a plus. Cause surv queues can be unbearable at times unless im surfing reddit or youtube.

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317
    Options

What about this 250k BP gift??? Do they think we will be happy receiving gifts or do they think we are going to forget the framerate problem?

• Ryuzaki
    Options

Maybe BHVR will wake up when they notice how many players have disabled cross-play due to framerate issues on console.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options
  • SpiritLover1133
    SpiritLover1133 Member Posts: 214
    Options

Honestly I don’t think they will ever fix the frames

• Ryuzaki
    edited August 2020
    Options

But you can bet they will continue to churn out overpriced legendary cosmetics, priorities...

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359
    Options

Bet there's some sort of memory leaks in something, and they just can't find it, would sorta make sense since every new patch brings new bugs cause they're using guesswork to find them.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited August 2020
    Options

Newer games like The Last of Us Part II, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, and RDR 2 don't have these problems. All of these games are huge with outstanding visuals and attention to detail on PS4. Hell, TLOU2 was designed to run on a base model PS4. There is no way that the current consoles should struggle this much with something as simple as DBD (even though most the games I mentioned started out as or still are PS4 exclusives, it can't be that much easier to optimize them) unless the devs are just lazy/don't care or just has little to no experience working with consoles. I think this is BHVR's first big multiplayer game.

PS: All of my RDR 2 experience comes from what I've read and watched. I haven't played the game yet.

• Neamy
    Options

Hel it might just be the blood effect from deep wound on your screen

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,389
    Options

They might just have to do a bunch of patches trying to fix it and get some people on ps4 to test it.

• Seiji212
    Seiji212 Member Posts: 183
    edited August 2020
    Options

We all want console optimizations, but y’all need to quit flaming the cosmetics- those bring in money, and money will be needed to fix these problems. The last thing you should want is for them to decrease their income to get what you want, income = motivation. Plus people keep pointing out the separate teams on each. Tweaking or overhauling the entire game engine is gonna be a very time consuming and expensive task, honestly I don’t expect them to do it at all with new consoles in the horizon. And best believe the problem is the game engine- not minor visual effects or console hardware.

• Neamy
    Options

Yes, but a tiny memory leak can be a HUGE problem

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,460
    Options

Let us pray....

We humble consolers pray for our frames, the frames of our friends and family, the frames of our neighbors, and most especially the frames of our brother and sister Switchers.

We humble consolers ferverantly wish the mighty devs hear our prayers, and love our platforms as they love their child, DBD.

• Seiji212
    Seiji212 Member Posts: 183
    edited August 2020
    Options

Not so simple. Again engine tweaks are time consuming and expensive. Hell, even console updates can be costly and they do those regularly. Many games can’t or won’t- go ask thefunpimps. That’s my whole point, what is being asked is neither easy or simple to accomplish, and I see no reason for bhvr to stop everything they’re doing, which would neglect their original platform, until the problem gets fixed. If it even will, frankly. Some realism needs to be factored in to the situation and making it out like the devs can clearly resolve this issue just because you see a steady stream of new content, well those are separate things and they’re not as cleanly connected as many people seem to think. I’m not joking, I just have a healthy understanding of how game design tends to work. They’re doing better than many others out there.

This discussion has been closed.