Legion is useless now. Change my mind

Comments

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

The issue is that SWF doesn't mind a sh1t if they are injured. Tons of time i see survivors repairing gens while I go to the gen and finish it even if that means it get hooked. That's why I would like to see a debuff if you are injured on repairing (I don't think u can really concentrate repairing a gen with a stab and constantly bleeding but maybe some people can)

• Primalux135

Agree. Devs should sign in the clown to the gym so he can be good killer.

• Primalux135

Thats the thing legion is made to separate survivors 🤦🏻‍♂️ Separate em and u will win.

• Primalux135

In my opinion they fvcked up with perks like sloopy don't get benefit from Feral frenzy they quitted him the potential to be a great killer.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Watch raging_ryuga on youtube

He has a video where he played 16 or so matches in red ranks in a row with Legion

4king in 12 of them and only getting an entity displeased once

Legion is viable when you play him right, not top tier ofcourse but far from useless

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited December 2019

I personal think that the Legion is ok and has only 2 "weak spots".

-1 is that she can't handle good played swfs or survivor groups. I have also watch raging_ryuga and something I have miss by him and by many other streamers is to see them playing against very good swfs.

On the other hand, maybe they cutting those matches out, because well... They will always end in a lose.

-2 The concept of the Legion still feels not right for me. I wish the Legion had a more fluid gameplay.

Not primaly for balance reasons, but for "fun reasons". The pre patch Legion had make so much fun imo, because she had a fluid-gameplay and I still miss this.

That is everything negative I can say about the Legion.

Well... That and that we still have no handholding-balloon for Susie. Would be funny to hunt with it and a knife, a David or so :D.

• camgaming_dbd
    camgaming_dbd Member Posts: 191

oh where's the dislike button when you need it LoL

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

The Legion are near useless in good games. They can stomp only weak players. Any killer can be in red ranks. Why Entity was displeased? Because he played one match vs good survivors? He had to camp to get a kill? :'D If Legion is good killer and player is good, too, it must be always at least Brutal Killer score. Its not a gambling game. You either can win chases with killer or not. Legion have no tools to help them end chases. Thats why Legion was completely destroyed in one of those games.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

lf you separate survivors they will win, survivors being split up and working on different gens means they can gen rush you efficiently.

• TheCoolDBDGamer
    TheCoolDBDGamer Member Posts: 92

Nvm i get 3-4k and a 2k at best now, but still the legions basekit is incredibly punishing. He gets punished for using his power it seems like.

Getting rid of Legion's stabs lowering the mend bar was a mistake

• TheCoolDBDGamer

Yeah, atleast old legion was fine, they just had to remove the infinite mending exploit.

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392

Legion is more then fine its just you sry mate :D

maybe not change your mind but change the game.

• TheCoolDBDGamer
    edited September 2020

i think he's weak and trash tier at red ranks against constant 4man swf's with discord.

Not to mention his power punishes him for using his POWER.

Unlike Plague and Trapper and Wraith and Doctor.

Legion gets severely punished for using his basekit.

He's B---- Tier.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

going to roll out the classic: "git gud"

• xerav

Well B Tier is not useless

1. You can stall the game by forcing multiple survivor to mend (bonus points for holding generators).
    2. If you combine his power with Oblivious Effects (Dark Devotion / nemesis / Death bound) you can catch survivor offguard and they never heal vs Legion.
    3. Legion benefits from the PiP System cuz it rewards finding survivor and ending chases fast (both super easy to do with his power).
  • CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,588
    edited September 2020

As others pointed out already, Noed and Brutal are not best choice.

Ruin is not such a bad choice, since Legion is fast and can contest gens, but I feel you need to protect it (Undying would be best) and/or have some detection perk to know which gen the survs are repairing, so you can interrupt then and let ruin degress it (Discordance / Surveillence). So one possibility would be BBQ, Ruin, Undying and Discordance / Surveillance.

Instead of ruin, you could use Pop, which works reasonably well with BBQ. Even better would be Pop+Thrilling. If you want to have more chase power, instead of Brutal you could equip Enduring, and try to let them stun you out of the frenzy so you don't have to wait out the lengthy cooldown. You could add spirit fury for extra spice. My current build with legion is exactly that, BBQ, Pop, Enduring & Spirit Fury. Works quite well even without legion pin.

There's also "forever / anti-heal legion" where you stack slowdown perks like Sloppy, Thanato and Dying light. But thats really despised survivors, I don't like that myself. I feel playing with enduring / spirit fury is more engaging.

With legion, even if you only 0k, you should still get quite some points out of it. Bc of his multiple hits in frenzy, he gets so many scoring events which boost his BP gains, even when performing sub-optimal. Legion is just one of the weakest killers, if you can accept this and maybe change your mindest a little when playing with him, you should be alright. Use them as a BP-grinding machine :).

• xerav
    edited September 2020

Mending is not healing btw (also better survivor dont heal vs legion anyway). And his power is the best information Power in the game (its not only about the survivor you see with killer instinct but the ones you dont see so you have a good idea about survivor locations most of the game). So he does not need information Perks imo.

As mentioned Undying + Ruin is core for most Legion Players but Oblivious Perks are also very strong (cuz survivor dont heal up and get caught offguard).

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

Legion is strong when the player is experienced not only as a killer in general, but the specific killer they choose as well. If you're saying Legion is bad with no substance to support that statement, there are obvious mistakes on your end.

• CaulDrohn

The detection perk is imo required if you want to play with ruin, bc you have to contest the gens, otherwise ruin won't do much for you. Sure you can see the survs with killer instinct, but you need to frency hit someone to get it. And then it's still limited time and range (unless you have legion pin). When you are currently searching for someone to chase (e.g. at the start), or all remain injured so you do not have much incentive to frency, then you have no tracking. Now that I think of it, maybe Tinkerer would be a nice choice, since it's tracking and Undetectability to get sneaky hits.

• YesImLulu
    YesImLulu Member Posts: 7

For me, I feel like that combination of perks doesn't really synergise very well. I would change those perks and then see how you feel about Legion.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

I agree, he is trash tier. I play them only to farm bp and meme around, to extend noob survivors games into infinity, if they like to self-care against Sloppy + Thana.. oh, wait, Sloppy now apply only to basic attacks. Devs nerf all fun.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

I agree with what others have suggested in that thanatophobia and blood echo are really good on the legion. If survivors don't want to heal, then blood echo is going to cancel out any exhaustion perks which means no dead hard, no sprint burst, no lithe, etc. Some have suggested to run spirit fury and endearing which aren't bad perks, but you got to be good in finding survivors since these perks help with chases.

If there's one thing I would change with the legion, I would see to it that missing an attack no longer depletes your entire power meter. I'm fine with it canceling the power itself, but it should operate the same as it does when you choose to cancel it yourself. Depleting the entire power meter on a missed attack never made any sense to me.

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 404

Legion is in a weird place hes okay at best but does need some big improvements for example reduce the stun from 4 to 3 and take away losing 50% of his power from basic attacks. But i have a sinking feeling legion is going to be play less due to one perk Desperate Measure, this one perk basically make legion almost useless as legion is great at damaging mutiple survivors very quickly but that one perk will just undo all the damage in a heartbeat vast majority of my games if i use his power to the fullest it can be undo in 3-5 seconds legion now has to use his power in small burst to reduce the effect of DM which just weakens him further

Hopefully the devs give legion proper buffs but im not really expecting it at the moment.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Also while Legion isn't the strongest killer, they're definitely one of the best Killers to farm blood points with. I've had games where I only managed to get one kill, but I still walked away with almost 30,000 blood points because that's how good Legion is at racking up points. And as you know if you have BBQ on top of that, it can make it a rather lucrative payday.

So even if you're not winning games, just look at them as a way to get faster blood points.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

Pwyf is practically worthless for Legion. Their whole concept is reliant on constantly attacking, which uses up the charges before they can be useful. If you don't want to run a slow down build, and really wanna focus pallets, bring Enduring + Spirit Fury and an Iridescent Pin. Then you might as well take advantage of the map wide TR with Unnerving Presence and Lullaby.

• xerav

I think the point of Pwyf (dunno who suggested it) is that you Feral Frenzy everyone and when you leave the obssession you get 1 stack of pwyf and cuz every survivor is injured you can now down em more quickly with the 5% increase.

• xerav
    edited September 2020

You find survivor rather quickly (1 survivor always spawns near a Killer and 3 spawn far away from you). Same logic for survivor if you spawn alone (and there was no split offering) then you are close to the killer.

Even if you get no information from Killer Instict you should know its range and then its not too hard to guess where Survivor will be (people seem to only focus on the hey this power shows me a icon i can ran towards when it also tells you "hey this area has no survivor in it search somewhere else").

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

What do you mean legion is useless "now"? I thought he was useless since his release?

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583

Legion is underrated. He can keep everyone injured and get hits when other m1 killers can't. If you are chasing a healthy survivor and they pre throw a pallet thinking they're safe. That's when you frenzy over the pallet and hit them.

• tortrader
    tortrader Member Posts: 539

I won't be trying to change anyone's mind with that insulting thread title. Act more mature.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

legion needs a full rework imo, his power is literally that he hits you

he is the most useless, waste of auric cells in the entire god damn game

• Theta
    Theta Member Posts: 4

You definitely are playing legion wrong.. I'm in the purple ranks and get a 4k at least 3/5 games with the other 2/5 being really good players that rock my head off. Your perks are definitely one of the issues. I run Discordinance, BBQ&Chili, Thanataphobia, and Pop Goes the Weasel.

• Kumnut768

i hate that some people actually say legion takes skill

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,459

Why would you dig up a 8 month old thread just to say legion ok aka you realized as an m1 killer you have to be good at m1 chase then git got gud

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Legion is a good test for your skill as a killer.

His power is for injuring, delaying and information. But the actual downs you have to earn with your m1 skill

If you are a good chaser fully using mindgames and trying to catch people of guard then Legion is decent.

Not amazing or anything but you can win most matches.

If somebody puts Legion in thrash tier that most often then not means their m1 game is thrash tier

• CaulDrohn

Yes three far away. And if you don't have a perk like discordance or tinkerer chances are you lose one gen while still searching for a surv. Frenzy does not help you here, because there is no survivor to hit. If you play with ruin, it's best practice to use a perk for getting info were to chase survs away from gens. Frenzy / killer instinct can work similar, but it is not as consistant as the mentioned perks.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Switch noed out for surveillance, youll do better. Also with legion enduring is better than brutal. I plsy legion at r1 and do fine.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

SF+Enduring is pretty nuts on legion.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

If you’re getting a 0k every game I don’t think the killer your playing the issue

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

I mean I consistently get 3-4K every game I play on legion

Only reason people think they are bad is lack of understanding when and when not to use the power

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    edited September 2020

I have no problem using legion. Played them all day yesterday and actually got mostly 4Ks. I was running BBQ, Ruin, Deerstalker and Dying Light. I actually felt like it was unfair with the amount of pressure I’m able to apply with legion lol.

I should also mention I got on average 30k points each match.

• Kumnut768

you genuinely made me laugh saying it was test for skill

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

Whispers / STBFL / Nurses Calling / Discordance + Any Killer (including Legion) = Profit

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

What I don’t like about Legion is that it doesn’t feel like you’re playing as a group of misfit killers, you’re literally playing a singular killer.