Colorblind support needed please

Options

Comments

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

I would like to thank everyone here, especially all the guys that have been keeping this post relevant in the wishlist.

I really hope a change can be achieved, and I think it may come sooner or later. Thanks again to all of you who used the opportunity given by the recent survey to ask for colorblind mode instead of whatever else you may have had in mind. You guys are almost as cool as this guy

• POUNDYOUSILLY
    POUNDYOUSILLY Member Posts: 40
    Options
    Bump
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@Condorloco_26 said:

I would like to thank everyone here, especially all the guys that have been keeping this post relevant in the wishlist.

I really hope a change can be achieved, and I think it may come sooner or later. Thanks again to all of you who used the opportunity given by the recent survey to ask for colorblind mode instead of whatever else you may have had in mind. You guys are almost as cool as this guy

Ace is too op nerf is awesomeness!

• Condorloco_26
    Options

@fcc2014 said:

That's why I said almost as cool as him. No one is touching this guy ever

• fcc2014
    Options

@Condorloco_26 said:

@fcc2014 said:

That's why I said almost as cool as him. No one is touching this guy ever

As long as he is 50ft from any school i'm sure he will be ok! :)

• Condorloco_26
    Options

@fcc2014 said:

As long as he is 50ft from any school i'm sure he they will be ok! :)

There, fixed it for you

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    Bump
  • Noreturn
    Noreturn Member Posts: 7
    Options

that option would be awesome! i have big difficulties to see the red auras

• fcc2014
    Options

@Noreturn said:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/23194/survey-shattered-bloodline#latest

Please use the above link to fill out the shattered bloodlines feedback survey. In the section that asks what would you change please add color blind mode as an option.

• Noreturn
    Noreturn Member Posts: 7
    Options

@fcc2014 said:

@Noreturn said:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/23194/survey-shattered-bloodline#latest

Please use the above link to fill out the shattered bloodlines feedback survey. In the section that asks what would you change please add color blind mode as an option.

done^^

• fcc2014
    Options

@Noreturn said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Noreturn said:

done^^

Thanks for your help!

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options
    Bump.
  • fcc2014
    Options

Bump

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options
    Bump.
  • fcc2014
    Options

Bump

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

JUST ADD IT ALREADY DEVS NAME ONE OTHER THREAD WITH MORE THAN 9 PAGES AND NO SURVIVOR VS KILLER ARGUING

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    JUST ADD IT ALREADY DEVS NAME ONE OTHER THREAD WITH MORE THAN 9 PAGES AND NO SURVIVOR VS KILLER ARGUING

That is really not an argument for your case. So what if there's one thread in which Killers and Survivors don't argue, that's nothing you can base your argumentation on.

There's a thread on the Steam Forums with well over 4000 comments. It does have arguments in it, but ignoring those, it's still vastly bigger than this thread here, yet what the thread asked for wasn't implemented so far.

The same couple of guys bumping the thread (which isn't allowed by the way) to artificially inflate its comment count and keep it from going under in other threads, isn't exactly the best way to get attention for a cause either.

If you want to change something, you need to gather more people for your cause and make the devs see that it is a big demand by numerous people and not just by a group of people inflating it to bigger proportions.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited October 2018
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

57 of the comment on the page are bumps that are share between 5 or 6 difference forum user you can even agree that there are more since the 57 one I compted are only the one that contain the word bump and that posting an useless message that doesn't contribute anything could also be compted as a bump.

It doesn't have 9 page it as 8 and their is atleast 3 pages worth of bump (wich is against the forum rules)

Will I agree that a color blind mode should be implemted, you should understand at that point that the dev don't care despite the little effort that is needed to implement it.

There is not enought demand for it and it isn't 6 user continuously bumping a thread that is going to make them think otherwise.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited October 2018
    Options

@DocOctober @Dragonredking I said the same thing and even told them how they could help get this implemented, but they don't seem interested in getting it implemented, based on their hateful responses to me.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@Dragonredking said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

57 of the comment on the page are bumps that are share between 5 or 6 difference forum user you can even agree that there are more since the 57 one I compted are only the one that contain the word bump and that posting an useless message that doesn't contribute anything could also be compted as a bump.

It doesn't have 9 page it as 8 and their is atleast 3 pages worth of bump (wich is against the forum rules)

Will I agree that a color blind mode should be implemted, you should understand at that point that the dev don't care despite the little effort that is needed to implement it.

There is not enought demand for it and it isn't 6 user continuously bumping a thread that is going to make them think otherwise.

im sorry i made a simple mistake and clicked 9 and not 8 its a small diffrence and the point is still the same this is something that is supported by both sides and no one argues about it which was my point and it may not be in high demand because everyone is not colorblind but the fact still remains that some are and all the great games out thier contain color blind support for those who are unfortunate

• fcc2014
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

im sorry i made a simple mistake and clicked 9 and not 8 its a small diffrence and the point is still the same this is something that is supported by both sides and no one argues about it which was my point and it may not be in high demand because everyone is not colorblind but the fact still remains that some are and all the great games out thier contain color blind support for those who are unfortunate

You will always get some people to rail on this it is a "wishlist" We also continue to take every opportunity to make it known we want this including asking people from this thread to ask for it in the what would you change section of the latest survey. We will continue to keep this alive no matter how much it seems to bother a few irrelevant people.

• POUNDYOUSILLY
    Options
    Bump
  • fcc2014
    Options

@fcc2014 said:
    So hey the survey is out for Shattered Bloodlines and a section is what would you change this is an opportunity to ask for colorblind mode. below is the post

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

i just made a friend on xbox who said he had a red key and when i died and spectated him it was a green one so i asked him why he said it was red when its green and he said he is a little colorblind and that he cant tell sometimes if items are green or red he gets them confused so if this was added it could be put into the game where he can change the color of red things to like a bright yellow so like red items, add-ons, generators, hooks appeared yellow and he could tell the difference between green things a red things. this is just on color blind situation there are many more diffrent types of colorblindness

• fcc2014
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 maybe give him the link for the survey. Every person could help.

• DocOctober
    edited October 2018
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    i just made a friend on xbox who said he had a red key and when i died and spectated him it was a green one so i asked him why he said it was red when its green and he said he is a little colorblind and that he cant tell sometimes if items are green or red he gets them confused so if this was added it could be put into the game where he can change the color of red things to like a bright yellow so like red items, add-ons, generators, hooks appeared yellow and he could tell the difference between green things a red things. this is just on color blind situation there are many more diffrent types of colorblindness

Just gonna put this here: the Skeleton Key and the Broken Key have two VERY different icons aside from the colour.

• POUNDYOUSILLY
    Options

Yes, that's how colorblindness works. Many colors look the same. It all depends on the shade of color. 

For instance.... 

Red and brown
    Yellow and lime green
    Purple and blue
    Pink and red

Now some colors look very different depending on the background and lighting but it mostly comes down to the shade of color

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

Just gonna put this here: the Skeleton Key and the Broken Key have two VERY different icons aside from the colour.

ok i will try to teach him the item icons but he is fairly new

• DocOctober
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

Which is better than going by colours. Not all Items are unique in their Rarity and can be distinguished solely by that.
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@DocOctober said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@DocOctober said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

Which is better than going by colours. Not all Items are unique in their Rarity and can be distinguished solely by that.

the color blind support should still be added though

• DocOctober
    Options

No one debates that, but you guys are going about it the wrong way.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@DocOctober said:

then please explain what the "right' way is

• DocOctober
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@DocOctober said:

Certainly not by bumping a circle jerk.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@DocOctober said:

Certainly not by bumping a circle jerk.

well if people who arent color blind actualy cared they would be here now wouldnt they?

• DocOctober
    Options

No. People who don't suffer from colour-blindness usually don't think of it as they have not experienced it, hence there aren't more of them here.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@DocOctober said:
    No. People who don't suffer from colour-blindness usually don't think of it as they have not experienced it, hence there aren't more of them here.

the problem for them is no that the game isnt normal for them but that it seems weird because they say see a bloodtrail or scratch marks on the ground and cant follow them as well as i could because they have a harder time either seeing the red in general or determining what is the red and what is the green grass. this is only one instance there are many others it would be helpful either way to add this to the game for people who have color-blindness so they can fix the game the best way they can so they can see. people like you who constantly complain about the stupidist things are the reason why this game isnt growing as fast as it could. things i ask to be fixed are actual problems in the game no matter how small they are, they are still problems.

• DocOctober
    Options

@DocOctober said:

the problem for them is no that the game isnt normal for them but that it seems weird because they say see a bloodtrail or scratch marks on the ground and cant follow them as well as i could because they have a harder time either seeing the red in general or determining what is the red and what is the green grass. this is only one instance there are many others it would be helpful either way to add this to the game for people who have color-blindness so they can fix the game the best way they can so they can see. people like you who constantly complain about the stupidist things are the reason why this game isnt growing as fast as it could. things i ask to be fixed are actual problems in the game no matter how small they are, they are still problems.

You ask for something to be fixed that only affects a rather small minority. The devs have an exhausting list of things that need fixing or improving which are much more important than the issue of colourblindness, especially if there are workarounds available like nvidia freestyle to help you guys out in the meantime.

The game is advancing loads, just not in the departments you'd like it to, sucks, but you've got to deal with it. Colourblind-support is very low on their list of priorities.
  • Condorloco_26
    Options

@DocOctober said:

You ask for something to be fixed that only affects a rather small minority. The devs have an exhausting list of things that need fixing or improving which are much more important than the issue of colourblindness, especially if there are workarounds available like nvidia freestyle to help you guys out in the meantime.

The game is advancing loads, just not in the departments you'd like it to, sucks, but you've got to deal with it. Colourblind-support is very low on their list of priorities.

First of all some of us are playing in console, so there aren't any workarounds. And most importantly, we're not asking for a complete recoding of the game, instead asking for really simple stuff like this:

* gen auras were a different color before the Clown/Kate patch, a whiteish (or whatever) aura that was visible on most maps without too much trouble for us. Why did they have to turn gen auras dark red in the first place?? So it is harder to spot survivors with BBQ?? Wouldn't doubt it. Simple solution: revert gen aura color and make survivors auras the same color. It's obvious this is a simple change because they already have different colors coded for auras, like the ones displayed when using Bond or while being hooked, the one when you stalk with Myers, the one when the killer is near the hook/kindred, the one from Alert, Object of obsession, etc.

* hook aura colors: same as above, dark red. Why is it so simple to have blue hook auras (or whatever the color is) during the events, and not as a permanent option?? They even switch the color from blue to red once you've hooked someone there, in the middle of the game!! Does this require a huge amount of resources?? Obviously it does not. Give us the option to choose hook aura colors! I'm not asking them to recode the Red forest or Haddonfield map colors, just the option to choose the auras.

* Dying and hooked teammates: Dark red. It's difficult enough to heal/save them knowing where they are. Just turn them pink, or green, or white, or blue, because we colorblind survivors DON'T know where they are hooked or crawling.

With the truckloads of money the studio is getting from cosmetics, I would expect that making their game more accessible to roughly 10% of male population translates into potentially 10% MORE MONEY for them. So this is not only a simple QOL improvement for US. It's also a business decision that will potentially improve THEIR QORL, quality of real life.

Thanks for reading, and excuse me if grammar is not perfect. English is my second language.

• DocOctober
    Options

@Condorloco_26 said:

@DocOctober said:

First of all some of us are playing in console, so there aren't any workarounds. And most importantly, we're not asking for a complete recoding of the game, instead asking for really simple stuff like this:

* gen auras were a different color before the Clown/Kate patch, a whiteish (or whatever) aura that was visible on most maps without too much trouble for us. Why did they have to turn gen auras dark red in the first place?? So it is harder to spot survivors with BBQ?? Wouldn't doubt it. Simple solution: revert gen aura color and make survivors auras the same color. It's obvious this is a simple change because they already have different colors coded for auras, like the ones displayed when using Bond or while being hooked, the one when you stalk with Myers, the one when the killer is near the hook/kindred, the one from Alert, Object of obsession, etc.

* hook aura colors: same as above, dark red. Why is it so simple to have blue hook auras (or whatever the color is) during the events, and not as a permanent option?? They even switch the color from blue to red once you've hooked someone there, in the middle of the game!! Does this require a huge amount of resources?? Obviously it does not. Give us the option to choose hook aura colors! I'm not asking them to recode the Red forest or Haddonfield map colors, just the option to choose the auras.

* Dying and hooked teammates: Dark red. It's difficult enough to heal/save them knowing where they are. Just turn them pink, or green, or white, or blue, because we colorblind survivors DON'T know where they are hooked or crawling.

With the truckloads of money the studio is getting from cosmetics, I would expect that making their game more accessible to roughly 10% of male population translates into potentially 10% MORE MONEY for them. So this is not only a simple QOL improvement for US. It's also a business decision that will potentially improve THEIR QORL, quality of real life.

Thanks for reading, and excuse me if grammar is not perfect. English is my second language.

Even seemingly simple fixes take time to implement and again, it's a minority that is affected. It's just not a priority for them. They aware of it, but that's pretty much it for the moment.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@Condorloco_26 said:

@DocOctober said:

Even seemingly simple fixes take time to implement and again, it's a minority that is affected. It's just not a priority for them. They aware of it, but that's pretty much it for the moment.

it doesnt matter if its a small amount of people. every good game that has lasted for more than 2 years with a growing population of players have added colorblind support . we dont need people like you here saying that its not a priority, saying color-blind support is not needed right now is like saying support for people who cant hear is not needed. if we ignored the small amounts of people with disabilities then what are we then? so either get on board or leave the discussion because no one needs your negativity especially the color-blind people who have been asking for support since day 1. if they can add new content every 3 months along with outfits of clothing that they get a bunch of money from then they can easily add support options in the settings for this. they need to fix the game before constantly adding new content to the game that breaks the game even more. literally every survivor perk that came out with adam needed to be fixed.

• fcc2014
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

it doesnt matter if its a small amount of people. every good game that has lasted for more than 2 years with a growing population of players have added colorblind support . we dont need people like you here saying that its not a priority, saying color-blind support is not needed right now is like saying support for people who cant hear is not needed. if we ignored the small amounts of people with disabilities then what are we then? so either get on board or leave the discussion because no one needs your negativity especially the color-blind people who have been asking for support since day 1. if they can add new content every 3 months along with outfits of clothing that they get a bunch of money from then they can easily add support options in the settings for this. they need to fix the game before constantly adding new content to the game that breaks the game even more. literally every survivor perk that came out with adam needed to be fixed.

Ignore the ones trying to belittle this and keep trying to get more people involved.

• Condorloco_26
    Options

By the same criteria, only an insignificant minority (rough guess) enjoy playing as Freddy, so why is he even in the game? Or why would they be working on buffs for him? Even if he had the same fanbase as the other killers, it's only 1/13th of a priority (it does show), but at least they're working on it.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@Bravo0413 said:
    Bump.. just to keep it on the main page

be careful you might attract the trolls

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@Condorloco_26 how do you add color to your texts?

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    edited October 2018
    Options

I LEARNED HOW TO USE COLORS

sorrrrrrry thought this was my bookmarked post on WHICH CHARACTER WOULD YOU ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post edited by TheLegendDyl4n1 on
  • Condorloco_26
    edited October 2018
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    I LEARNED HOW TO USE COLORS

I'm sorry, I have just read your posts, but I'm glad you've already found out how to do it. There's a thread already on this, I'm trying to find it... There you can find the chart with all the color codes.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/2252/how-do-you-make-your-own-font-colored#latest

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    Options

Have we still not gotten an answer on this topic? Dude come on. It would be a great QoL update.
    @not_Queen

• fcc2014
    Options

@Global said:
    Have we still not gotten an answer on this topic? Dude come on. It would be a great QoL update.
    @not_Queen

They have given an update. They would like it added but it isn't a priority just something to revisit. This is why i suggested use the survey to show support for it. I think they really do want to add it we just have to nudge them a little.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@fcc2014 said:

@Global said:
    @not_Queen

They have given an update. They would like it added but it isn't a priority just something to revisit. This is why i suggested use the survey to show support for it. I think they really do want to add it we just have to nudge them a little.

fcc2014 they answred your question on the dev stream!

• fcc2014
    Options

@fcc2014 said:

@Global said:
    @not_Queen

fcc2014 they answred your question on the dev stream!

Yeah a few of us got our questions read. Cote did a pretty good job butchering my gamer tag but Richards came with borrowed time and saved the day.