The stupidest part about ruin/undying/tinkerer

13»

Comments

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    edited October 2020

Oh the irony.

If you chase a survivor off a gen with a lot of progress on it, hook them, another survivor runs along for the instafarm with BT....you now have no way of stopping or even delaying that survivor from finishing the gen. You gotta hit them through BT firstly but even if you chase them you can’t hook them due to DS and you can’t slug them due to Unbreakable. You have to just surrender the generator to the survivor.

You cant hook survivors with DS but you cant slug them with unbreakable. You basically have no way of slowing the game down. You dont even need the self-pick-up from Unbreakable, the recovery speed alone makes slugging for pressure unviable against a full team with the perk.

Undying/Ruin/Tinkerer definitely isn’t an instant win. Survivors are making totems a priority again and now those totems are gone within a few minutes.

3 or 4 x DH, DS, Unbreakable is far stronger than Undying/Ruin/Tinekrer. Especially against an M1 killer.

• ClickyClicky

No man tapping E to add extra distance and i-frames is totally outplaying the killer.

Pressing the E key is a skill that only the most skillful of players can master.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

m1 killer maybe but when u have a killer who has any form of mobility, its a completely different story. Gen at 70? Just travel there and its not being done anytime soon. The regression speed is so fast that it does more than a pop would do if you chase the survivor who was on the popped gen, hook them and then they come back. But you don't even have to work for ruin undying. I would be happy if you had to activate it by doing something say hooking a survivor or travelling somewhere but the fact is that you get insane amounts of gen pressure for free. Killers who run it basically dont even need to learn how to pressure gens etc, they just need to travel to a gen everytime tinkerer pops and watch it regress. It's like the way old legion rendered learning how to counter survivors in chase useless, and how old ds made survivors not care if they went down or not.

Yes you could say that you just need to remove the totems but the problem is by the time that's done you've probably already lost the game unless you've gotten insanely lucky with totem rng and found both totems at once. Also you've got to be destroying these totems WHILST every other part of the game is going on and the killer is constantly pressuring/downing you and forcing you off the gens and totems.

As a killer main, i find that i hardly ever have any problems with ds unbreakble because you can play around it. If they start playing agressive and come at you, just down them and that leaves them useless until they unbreakable and chances are it'll draw people off of gens to go for the pickups. Yes you might not be able to hook them but does it really matter if they aren't doing anything? I would rather have someone with unbreakable ds on the floor than someone without it sitting on gens. I also rarely ever run into people i've just hooked because i'm off pressuring other parts of the map and downing other survivors. Idk maybe you've had difference experiences but this is what i often find, even when i vs good survivors.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Of course killer metas nerf but survivors meta is still too diff to balance. Nerf undying and balance surv meta and I accept the deal.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Of course killer metas nerf but survivors meta is still too diff to balance. Nerf undying and balance surv meta and I accept the deal.

Do you doubt it?

• ClickyClicky

Mobility like Blight?

Game starts at 21 seconds, both totems gone by 1:25. That’s 1 minute and 4 seconds into the game and both totems are gone.

I’m not using Jund as an example because “oh a streamer said it so it must be true”, I’m using this because I don’t record my own games but this is what is happening to me frequently now.

Survivors stopped caring about totems after the Ruin nerf and the first week this combo was very effective. Now however they are seeing totems as a priority and I see survivors rushing to cleanse dull totems at the start of a trial. Previously only Inner Strength users and gen shy Claudettes did this but now almost everyone is doing it.

Survivors have adapted and honesty I don’t think the combo is so good anymore. I’ve stopped taking it on a number of killers because of examples like the video above. Having 2 perks taken out about 2 minutes into the game isn’t very effective. Nobody wants to spend all game defending the totems either when gens are the more crucial threat.

• redsopine00
    redsopine00 Member Posts: 905

Ehehm I played a nurse using this and got 4 outta 5 gens done with one other guy at that point it was a who's gonna make it area as she had a 3 gen strat

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

I would have nothing against that either, unfortunatly i dont think this will be the case very soon.

All these perks that are meta since like 2 years or so all have the same purpose: Stop the killer from playing dirty. As long as devs dont make camping and tunneling not such a viable strategy, there wont be a big shift.

The only thing they can do is nerf the current perks like Unbreakable, Soul Guard Borrowed Time Decisive Strike etc and bring new perks that have more or less the same purpuse. If i think about it, they did the same with killer.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I don't see how Tinkerer is broken with this combo...

• ClickyClicky

Yeah the combo has quickly lost its strength now that survivors have adapted. It's also not suitable for every killer or playstyle.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

I guess this is sarcasm. If not, then I can't help you.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

The problem with new perks is, that their use must be quite universal for people to use. This is why new good perks are rare. Many old perks are universal: Iron Will makes you quiet all time, DH lets you dodge a hit whenever you like if you are injured (which you are in a chase at some point), DS gives you 60s no touchy-touchy etc. Same goes for killer.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

Spine Chill, Borrowed Time, DS and DH says hi.

• Holy ######### I'm sitting here seeing ######### DH unbreakable DS every damn game and then I see some dickhead crying about undying tinkerer this is such a ######### joke if bhvr is nerfing another meta killer perk without finally fixing the ######### with decisive dead hard sprint burst unbreakable and dead hard then I'm just gonna play a different game

• Withered8

Spine chill? You have a problem with spine chill?

Also DS and BT are anti camp and tunneling perks, so you shouldn't be running into them that often it at all if you don't play like this. I hardly ever run into them and if I do there's so many ways to play around it.

• Withered8

Ok I agree survivors are learning to adapt to it, the problem is the inconsistensy of the combo in that when ur with solo q teammates or chilling out and dont find the totems you've already lost the game. But super organised teams will try to find ways to play around it.

Also you know undying allows u to see when people are working on the totems so you can just dash to them whenever that's the case.

I playd 20 games of this build on blight and the best survivors got down to was 2 gens left.

• Withered8

I'm not even going to get into the dh bt ds unbreakable argumnet other than say I don't have a problem with it as killer.