Buyback the Mori From Us (The Right Thing to Do)

I understand and accept that the Mori have been nerfed. It isn't how I would have done it, and I have strong reservations about this approach. Be that as it may, the Mori are now nearly worthless. This is problematic because the Ebony Memento Mori has been costing us as an Ultra-Rare Offering. My Brown Offerings are now more helpful. I respectfully suggest that we be allowed to sell them back at the cost we paid for them so we can make more reasonable purchases.

1. This would take the sting out of the change.
  2. The people who want to keep them can.
  3. It would be equitable and the right thing to do.

I'm not asking for free Shards or Auric Cells. I don't want anything I didn't earn in the game. I just would like to be able to purchase something else in the Blood Web that I might use. How about it DEV? Surely this is not an unreasonable suggestion?

Comments

• lewisty
    lewisty Member Posts: 30

This really is extremely reasonable

I don't even really use them, but if there was ever going to be a case of where I felt like using them... pretty darn sure thats now a thing of the past

• Greatamygdala
    Greatamygdala Member Posts: 292

Haha I thought Ebony was the only thing that was nerfed it also included green ones. Okay I demand BP for wasting it on these garbage.

• Jejune
    Jejune Member Posts: 795
    edited December 2020

Unless they create a way to sell back any item/addon/offering which i am all for, for multiple reasons. They literally cannot do that, why you ask?

If they were to just allow buyback for ebony if they ever changed any item/addon/offering they would have to do a buyback fir that specific thing at the time of the change.

• Xuulis
    Xuulis Member Posts: 4

I feel like this might not be the case in a situation where prestige resets the entire inventory. I'm sure I have enough Mori's kicking around to give me a full 50 levels. I think if they wanted to create buyback for addons and such, they would of by now but instead we willfully dump our characters inventory at prestige time.

• BastardKing
    BastardKing Member Posts: 784

Actually, for huge overhauls, I don't think this is a bad thing. I had some Bubba/Billy add ons I got because I liked using them, but they became trash after their reworks. But some of the new ones, which were considered the equivalent of add ons I previously never used, I couldn't get. Additionally, their new ultra rares didn't exist at all. Would have given a chance to test out new stuff while being way more satisfied with the changes. I really do not think this is a bad thing.

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379

As a concept, a buyback system doesn't sound like a hugely complex system to implement, but, given what I've heard about how this game was developed, it probably is a pain in the a** lol.

• horrortale_sans
    horrortale_sans Member Posts: 651

unlike everyone else i like how this is a reasonable request and not just i hate the new update post

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

Buy back system for all the junk offerings and add ons. There's so much useless clutter on bloodwebs.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Again, I want to comment that on just ONE of my Killers, I currently have (86) Ebony Memento Mori. That is roughly 600,000 pts that I spent in good faith on something that was an Ultra Rare. I think it is only fair you purchase them back from me, or adjust the color of that Mori and award me back the difference. I think you should do it for all the Killers stuck with them.

It isn't a matter of what they can or can't be used for. It is a matter that it is not an equitable price. The Blood Web sold me what looked like a bad ass sports car, but it turns out it was really a Kit Car with a Volkswagon motor in it. :)

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618

I think the only way they could manage to implement some semblance of this would be to credit each account 4, 5 and 7k per each respective mori and remove the offerings completely from everyones account.

To create a whole system from the ground up to sell back items/offerings is probably out of their scope.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

That would work for me. I don't care HOW they do it, just as long as it is an option.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,054

There is ZERO Reason why this should even be an option. Everything in this game can be changed, this includes Moris. Especially after they said that there will be changes, Moris should have been avoided as good as possible from the Bloodweb.

Also, they are still useable. Only because you dont want to use them anymore, does not mean that you should get the points back. Like, I dont use Map Offerings, still I dont want to sell them back for the full price.

• BastardKing

Except now they are detrimental. They cost 7k, but also cost you points and emblems in game when they are used. They HAD a purpose, even if it was one that some of us disagreed with, but now I would argue they aren't usable, because with the exception of flashlight squads, sabo squads, and DS, hooking is always the better option. Better for emblems, more points, and triggers your perks. It is a 7k waste, and they were NOT given warning like survivor items that were nerfed were. A buy back is completely within reason.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,054

Nope, not at all. The Devs can change anything they like, you agree to that when playing the game. There is also no guarantee that there is a Warning.

Really, asking to sell back Moris for full price is entitlement at its best. Toolboxes were made almost useless as well, still nobody asked for full BP-Compensation. But Killers are like "Oh no, the most OP thing in the game got nerfed! Give BPs back please!".

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

I mean, players end up with a ton of crap from the Bloodweb they don't want even when they first buy it. What the game needs is the ability to trade-in unwanted items/add-ons/offerings to get back a percentage of the BP.

As stated above, the devs have never bought back anything else that's been nerfed. Survivors would've sold their BNPs and Insta-heals back in a heartbeat. Damn if I didn't wish they would buy back Leader and re-lock the teachable for me after its gen-progress-boost got moved over to Prove Thyself. But they're never gonna buy back anything after a change. The reasonable request is for them to finally add a way to get rid of unwanted junk cluttering up our inventories, because that would benefit players overall, both killers and survivors.

The one questionable thing here is that moris and keys weren't changed at the same time. Moris getting changed suggests keys are next, which means survivors get to use the keys they've been stocking up before the future change. That shouldn't be the case. Not telling players that a mori nerf was coming in the next update was the right call. Not waiting to go live with the mori nerf until their key rework is ready was, I personally believe, the wrong call. No, you don't want killers using up their stockpile of moris, that'd be hellish, but it's kind of a kick in the teeth to killers to wave a flag telling survivors now is the time to use their keys just when killers lose what they consider their best defense against keys. C'mon, man, even if the current conditions are a test to see how keys perform against the nerfed moris, it just looks bad.

• BastardKing

Nothing in what you just said addresses the point that Moris are now detrimental. It is just more of you repeating that they are allowed to do X, Y, and Z, and never addressing that it is something that is going to upset their players more and more. This isn't like BNPs and Instant heals. They got nerfed, but they are still very usable. Moris were nerfed so hard, there is no point in using them, something you haven't addressed and stick your head in the sand over.