Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

This entire update was bad for killer

onemind
onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Yea we have the mori thing which is already bad they reverted changes to yellow flashlight but now the locker blocking makes the twins sorta bad I haven't tested the twins yet but with the wording up to 10s makes it seem like they can get out quicker than 10 s not to mention the 3s where you can't move so it's more like 7s or less

Comments

• onemind

Not to mention the nerfed/buffed hoarder more range removed less chance for good items so yay more chance for keys

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Thank you very much for the feedback .You should be more often on this forum :)

When i was using Charlotte to grab the survivor out of the locker victor was blocking i noticed that red glow on him and assumed that you would be able to kick him because that is usually the indicator that you can.

• onemind
    edited December 2020

12-14s something for the amount of time it takes to cross half the map after the wake up because certain maps like swamp or huntress map are huge and can take between around 15 to 25s to get across depending on rng and if they are out by the time I get there I'm a m1 killer or body blocker hag at that point I could play trapper and have simmlar results

And thank you for clarifying janick the wording ( up to 10s) made it sound like they could get out quicker and I do agree it is a new feature but It dosent seem like it will work

• James4125
    James4125 Member Posts: 266

And how about the way hoarder already a weak borderline useless perk now literally benefits the survivors? You want to nerf something nerf Object of obsession! You know that perk that literally breaks several killers and completely removes any semblance of fun from the game?

Or how about doing something about keys soon and not two years down the line? Yeah Mori's needed a nerf but only when keys get the same treatment!

But back to the topic at hand 10 seconds is obviously nowhere near enough time as if Charlotte isn't already close to the locker you get nothing and have wasted considerable time during which the survivors will have no pressure at all on any of them.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

The mori thing was necessary. & tbf Victor moves 150% faster than a survivor and his pounces are pretty easy to land, so I get why lockers aren't a guaranteed down.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited December 2020

plus it's a free iron maiden that holds the guy there for you, sparing a perk slot. this isn't a bad part of the patch for killers actually, and is fairer for both sides as well as probably fun in that it hopefully won't be so buggy and lead to bs situations that have you wanting to throw your router out the window.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I mean, autohaven and ormond are basically gimmies now, so not really?

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

I'd be down for an object nerf once ruin undying gets nerf and pallets get buffed from being almost totally unusuable, you see where this goes right?

Strong stuff on both sides, don't act like it's just survivors.

• James4125
  • Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    edited December 2020
  • megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

I use him to track gens getting fixed before switching and controlling him again, it's really good with her silencing cloth add on!!

• Bloodxero14
    Bloodxero14 Member Posts: 3

They always nerf killers they never make anything harder for survivors because the devs kiss all the survivors asses. Why not nerf these crutch perk using survivors. Thanks for making it harder for killers yet again to just have fun with something.

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329

Lol, your entire point circles around "keep going through" mentality.

It's not like you have other 3 survivors to hunt while unhooked person is on the DS timer.

It's not like you have a second person who just unhooked survivor that is likely to have BT.

It's not like Adrenaline by itself is idle and activates only after every gen is finished, making it extremely situational.

You complain at the fact, that you can not bruteforce your gameplay go win, instead of thinking ahead and planning your actions. Yes, some perks or perk combinations make it easier to survive, but you don't need perks to survive and you make it sound as if these noted ones make survivors invincible.

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329

Lol, your entire point is basically a "keep going through" mentality.

It's not like you have other three survivors to hunt down, while unhooked one is on a DS timer.

It's not like you still have other 2 and another one person, unhooking the last one and likey to have BT on him. Surely an aggressive or close to you save doesn't mean they have it.

It's not like Adrenaline idling in your load out until the last gen is complete, making it a very situational and easily expected perk to fight against.

It's not like person with an object can be dealt with before taking on another three.

And so on, and so on, and so on...

You are complaining, because you refuse to think ahead and try to plan your actions. Instead you expect to bruteforce every game and then complain, making survivors to look like they are invincible just because of a perk or some perk combinations. Funny enough, I never had any problems you describe through my 1.3 k hours of gameplay in dbd.

• James4125

You make it sound as though I claimed they have no counterplay. I never said that. The only perk that is true for is OoO.

What I did say is they are strong on their own and need no other perk to prop them up. Undying ruin requires two perks one of which is there entirely to prop up the other and that is why undying ruin is perfectly fine. Something that absolutely cannot be said for OoO.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    edited December 2020

Dev's don't care about the Killer base. It's gonna suck when I stop streaming their game, or answering their promotions if it keeps up any longer.

• onemind

Something about the accuracy being less than the others idk what it dose because I haven't used them since they started changing with them but it might of been noticable if they stated it as not a bug fix

• onemind

That's part of the issue because even if you are near down someone gets kicked and the only way to play them effectively is like hag put vic under hook guaranteed down on unhooked kicked hit the other person down after a year repeat not much fun for both players

• onemind

Yea I never really get a comment from a dev so Its nice to see that they read posts

• onemind

This hot xif 4.0.1 not the last one the last one was sorta useless love the map rework tho

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    edited December 2020

"Victor locker check was never approached as a sure grab, so its totally ok that the Survivor can still escape under certain conditions. If Survivor would know that its a 100% bad outcome, they would simply not use the locker."

Survivors have been using lockers against Killers despite risking getting grabbed since the beginning of the game. Lockers were clearly designed to hardcore punish Survivors should they be grabbed in them. Survivors have attempted to juke a Killer in the middle of a chase by hopping into a locker for years despite knowing a mistake will get them grabbed. Why do they get a free pass when it's Victor?

• VerseG
    VerseG Member Posts: 4

I feel like the current 10s of being held inside the locker isn't good enough, but instead of increasing the time the survivor is held in a locker, perhaps it could be buffed by marking the survivor with Killer Instinct for a few seconds after they're freed from the locker, that way even if you can't get to the locker they were trapped in before they leave you can at least get an idea as to where they went.

• onemind

Can the 2 children stop complaining about ooo I never have many issues when. There's a ooo unless its paired with empathy and its s swf

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,197

@Janick The issue is there are too many lockers in the game. It also defeats the purpose of Twins being a killer that is in two places at once. The change artificially limits the range that victor can be used similar to the Hag Phantasm traps where going too far out with victor is irrelevant and it reduces interaction that killer has with a survivor as lockers instantly win against victor without input from the killer(a problem stated in PTB). Overall it promotes killer to play excessively defensive with little to no interest in playing offensive. The previous change was a better compromise as it gave killer an opportunity to attack the survivor and the survivor the opportunity to counter-attack victor.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

Today i've played with the Twins in "The Game". Adam jumped in a locker on the first floor and Victor hold it, when i switched back to Charllote I was right above the locker, but by the time i got there he was gone already and far AF. Unfortunatelly i'm not playing Twins anymore. Back to Oni it is.

• Withered8

So ur complaining about the hotfix which just made some small QOL changes?

• Withered8

If gif you think ruin undying is fine and doesn’t win games for killers with ease and make beating killers extremely hard, then come vs my ruin undying blight, and bring ur best team along whilst ur at it. I’ve literally gotten 4ks because of ruin undying on blight in tournaments. No survivor perk combination can be said the same for, not even Ds unbreakable.

If ur losing because of borrowed or Ds or adrenaline, then you need to shake up ur game play. All of those perks are extremely situation and require the killer to be committing to some sort of tunnel or camp play to work. There are plenty of ways to avoid those perks, which can not be said for ruin undying.

The only argument I accept is ds unbreakable in endgame, but even then you arguably could have avoided getting to there.

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 422

As a lot of people are saying Victor holding down the lock for 10 seconds really isn't enough because waking Charlotte up takes 3 seconds which only gives you a total of 7 seconds to haul your ass where the survivor is and grab them out of the locker which really isn't a lot of time at all especially if they're far away from you.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

I guess you’ll have to tune in to your favorite streamer to learn how to play them then 🤷‍♀️

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 334
    edited December 2020

Look at it this way people. The survivors are the bread and butter for BHVR. There are always 4 survivor's to 1 Killer. So the majority will play survivor. Yes, there are people who play both equally. However the survivors get most cosmetics they have the most 2nd chances etc..

They want to cater to them so they can make more money. If you give them what they want they will come back. Make it easier so we can draw more people in. They won't be as frustrated playing survivor. That is their mentality. I can't really blame them.

From a business sense it makes sense. Cater to the majority the rest will just accept it. People complain enough and they will act to keep the numbers up.

I'm disappointed, but im one of the people who just accept it and play. Nothing I can do will change it. Just roll woth the punches. See you guys in the fog.