Buried Underground Archive Challenge Broken

Options

Platform: Windows/Steam

Description of the issue: First game, all 4 survivors hooked in the basement at least once - 3 survivors sacrificed in the basement, with 1 DCing whilst on the basement hook. Second game, 3 survivors hooked in the basement and 2 sacrificed in the basement. Despite all of this, no progress was counted towards the challenge.

Steps to reproduce: Attempt the challenge and fail miserably no matter how many basement hooks you get.

How often does this occur: Any time I attempt this challenge.

24 votes

Fixed · Last Updated

Comments

• Joelux1
    Joelux1 Member Posts: 9
    Options

I've been trying this challenge (Tome V - buried underground challenge) on different killers now (deathslinger&Leatheface) and it still says that i haven't hooked any survivors in the basement, even though i already hooked more than 8 survivors there.

It was on rotten fields and iron works, the basement spawned in the shack both times.

• Joshya
    Joshya Member Posts: 1
    Options

not worked for me too

• eddshot
    eddshot Member Posts: 1
    Options

I am having the same problem. Have 7/8. Have hooked survivors in basement, but it hasn't gone up for 2 days.

• DizzyDee101
    DizzyDee101 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I have had this same problem! 6/7 basement hooks I am now on but shows 0. Should have been a quick easy challenge but no. I submitted a ticket on the website about an hour ago and have had a response that they are going to fix it.

• DamnPhotons
    DamnPhotons Member Posts: 1
    Options

Having same issue for all compendium challenges, both survivor and killer. No challenges will complete or show new progression. Partial progression from before update appears to be preserved.

• wildfirelogi1
    wildfirelogi1 Member Posts: 8
    Options

It appears to be broken I suggest doing a different archive for now

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    Options

just tried, not working :(

• traviszenryo
    traviszenryo Member Posts: 53
    Options

i have had 4 games where i hooked all the survivors in the basement multiple times and didnt even get a single credit toward the challenge getting old really quick

• RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322
    Options

Same issue here. Guess it's back to the survivor side of the challenges, especially as I don't have the clown. :/

• methylphenidate
    methylphenidate Member Posts: 2
    Options

I am having the same issue. Tried it with different killers, no progress despite getting several basement hooks per game. Been frozen on zero for three days now.

• methylphenidate
    methylphenidate Member Posts: 2
    Options

I have played several killer rounds, hooking several survivors in the basement each time. No progress to the challenge has been recorded.

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440
    Options

Same here, one game, all 4 in basement - progress 0/8

• DisappointingYou
    Options

I’m having the same issue but, on PS4.

I tried doing this challenge on Legion, Pyramid, and Doc. I know I’ve done more than enough to complete but still have 0 progression.

I did notice all of my games had basement in kill shack.

• SPIRITHATER
    SPIRITHATER Member Posts: 1
    Options

Unfortunetly, same issue. I played 3 games with basement build and hooked at least 10 times. It doesn't work.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,645
    Options

Guess these recent posts saying it's not fixed answers my question :(

• janeeightfive
    janeeightfive Member Posts: 15
    Options

same problem here. hooked some survivors in the basement. only have 1/8 so far. I love bugged challenges -_-

• Neebo
    Neebo Member Posts: 4
    Options

I have had this issue too.. got 1 basement hook as trapper in one match, then got another one but it did not register.. the third game ended with no basement hooks and I got one (I assumed the one from the previous game showing up late)... then many games with many many basement hooks with different killers but no luck.

Still at 2 of 8 hooks.

• Psychedelic
    Psychedelic Member Posts: 13
    edited December 2020
    Options

Still doesn't work. When will they fix it?

Could they extend the rift countdown then? A lot of people paid money for the rift!

Post edited by Psychedelic on
  • praxZ
    praxZ Member Posts: 8
    Options

Not tracking progress for me on PS4.

• Baphumet
    Baphumet Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2020
    Options

Same for me. But I tried with different killers and seems to work on blight, I have 6/8 right now

Edit: not working anymore

Post edited by Baphumet on
  • ZeroDivide
    ZeroDivide Member Posts: 40
    Options

Add me to customers suffering from this bug as well.

Steam platform

Killer used Leatherface

Map - The Game

Shame, I was holding off on this challenge as one of the last this rift

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

Same here. With trapper on Blood Lodge.

i got 4 kills and literally every hook except for one was in the basement. Damn. I felt so scummy playing like this...

• jdh1357
    jdh1357 Member Posts: 3
    Options

I am stuck on 1 of 8 (it worked for the first game) but have played multiple game and probably hooked 15 in the basement now trying multiple things to see if I can figure out what might make it advance vs not advance. the one success I got was on Lery's with Freddy. (not certain of the perks I had though)

• Brus
    Brus Member Posts: 7
    Options

I am seeing this as well.

As hag on Leyrs -- 4 survivors hooked in basement, 3 sacrificed there, no progression.

As hag in Blackwater Swamp (Grim Pantry) - 3 survivors hooked in basement, 3 sacrificed there, no progression.

Steam/PC

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 864
    Options

Same, played 2 games as basement Demo - Mad Grit, Agitation, Make your Choice and Territorial Imperative. Gotten several hooks and no progress. I've also noticed "Territorial Imperative" hasn't triggered at all when someone went down there.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    edited December 2020
    Options

Same. I don’t even like playing killer much but I’m on tier 68 and just want it done with. I got all of the survivors in one round down on those hooks, a couple more than once. Big fat zero. Very annoyed right now. By the time they fix it I will no longer need the points.

• Raccoon
    Options

Anyone try this, today?

• Raccoon
    Options

It's changed to "Hook 20 Survivors."

:-/

• KaarelK
    KaarelK Member Posts: 89
    Options

Didnt have any problems with the challenge

• ProstheticBrain
    ProstheticBrain Member Posts: 7
    Options

Issue still exists as of today.

Steam, with Leatherface.

• FilthGnasty_TTV
    FilthGnasty_TTV Member Posts: 1
    Options

Sigh. Issue still exists as of today. Various games with multiple hooks, no progress.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,455
    Options

The Buried Underground challenge was adjusted a few days ago for the most recent Tome, this should no longer be an issue for that particular Tome.

This discussion has been closed.